PDA

View Full Version : ginobili will not start...according to Manu

spursfaninla
05-12-2007, 11:46 AM
Web Posted: 05/11/2007 10:22 PM CDT

Johnny Ludden
Express-News

Manu Ginobili expects to begin tonight in the same place he's begun the previous 44 games.

On the bench.

Ginobili said he doesn't think Spurs coach Gregg Popovich will change the lineup for Game 3.

"He didn't say anything about it," Ginobili said. "It doesn't mean that last minute there isn't going to be a change. You never know.

"But I think we're doing good. The team is being very active for 48 minutes. We just made too many mistakes, that's it."

With Ginobili averaging six points during the three previous games, there had been some speculation Popovich might put him back in the starting lineup to help him regain his rhythm. But Ginobili said he wasn't sure such a move would benefit him or the team. The Spurs have gone 32-12 since he moved to the bench full-time on Jan. 28.

"I see (the Phoenix Suns) are being aggressive on me on pick and rolls, trying not to let me get to the basket or get any clean looks," Ginobili said. "I'm fine with it. I think the team has enough weapons — that if I am smart enough to pass the ball to the right guy — to score anyways."

The Spurs want Ginobili to stay aggressive, but not force shots that aren't there.

"Manu is a big part of what we do, and we need him to get going," Tim Duncan said. "Is it a priority? We're not changing a whole lot of what we do. We'll try to get him involved along the way, and of course, being the competitor that he is, he's going to try to do the same.

"So we'll just have to keep him from pressing and making bad plays. Stay within what we do and his chances will come."

so much for Pop's favorite playoff adjustment!

xamila rey
05-12-2007, 11:49 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66623&page=2

powerpower
05-12-2007, 11:51 AM
if we lose today's game he'll start in game 4

spursfaninla
05-12-2007, 11:52 AM
sorry to say it, but posting an article at the end of the thread like that is not really reader-friendly. I appreciate your posted it there to put it to rest.

Even so, the original thread title for the previous then becomes misleading, no?