PDA

View Full Version : fire stan kelly!!

coachmac87
05-12-2007, 06:44 PM
worst PA ever....voice cracks and sounds like a female when he yells...he is responisble for getting the crowd excited...i kno hes been here for awhile but we need something better...would rather have the gov of cali as my PA than STAN i scream like a girl KELLY

RonMexico
05-12-2007, 06:47 PM
Yes!!!

I fucking hate that guy.

"Here come the Spurs!!!"

He's even worse than "Humble" Billy in Dallas, and I didn't think that was possible.

ALVAREZ6
05-12-2007, 06:48 PM
The Pistons have the best PA Announcer. We should trade Beno and Vaughn for Mason.

GrandeDavid
05-12-2007, 06:52 PM
I feel sorry for anyone who has their job called for, but I cannot help but agree. He needs to be replaced...or re-trained. He's tenured or something.

ALVAREZ6
05-12-2007, 06:53 PM
It's nothing personal, Stan Kelly is probably a great guy, but he sucks at his job.

coachmac87
05-12-2007, 06:55 PM
ya man...i dunno how old he is but i swear it sounds like we have a school girl as our PA..twoooooooooo minutes twooooooooooo minutes.....HERE COME THE SPURRRRRS!!!

MANUUUUUUU!!!
TONY!!!
is he the only PA who just screams their first name at the top of their lungs or what?

ducks
05-12-2007, 06:58 PM
why not apply for it coachmac87?

coachmac87
05-12-2007, 06:59 PM
why not apply for it coachmac87?

fuck ya ill do that shit.. :hungry:

Pistons < Spurs
05-12-2007, 07:08 PM
The Pistons have the best PA Announcer. We should trade Beno and Vaughn for Mason.
Throw in Duncan and we'll call it a deal!

But I agree with the Stan Kelly thoughts. He may be a hell of a classy guy and a devoted Spur fan......but he is absolute garbage. He sounds like he should work for a funeral home instead of the voice man for a Pro sports team.

Beaverfuzz
05-12-2007, 08:28 PM
Stan Kelly sucks ass.

SA210
05-12-2007, 08:39 PM
I vote for replacing Stan Kelly.

K-State Spur
05-12-2007, 08:45 PM

Mason is pretty good, but his intentional stutter is like nails on the chalkboard to me. Doesn't mean that we can't upgrade though...

dknights411
05-12-2007, 10:20 PM
This is really picking at straws here, huh? Who cares who the Spurs PA guy is? I just wanna watch some basketball!

Capt Bringdown
05-12-2007, 10:48 PM
Yeah, if you're 12 years old that is. Mason's wanna-be hipster act was played out years ago. Now he comes off as a mall rat straining to be cool.

Sec24Row7
05-12-2007, 10:56 PM
Mason sucks dick... most annoying PA ever...

all his copycats suck dick too...

My most memorable moment of being at game 6 of the 2003 finals?

Stan Kelly yelling "Speedy SPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDY!" on that assist from David on a broken play...

leave Stan Kelly alone...

efrem1
05-12-2007, 10:57 PM
Stan Kelly is OK. I really miss Pat Tallman though. I wish he were here to see all of the Spurs glory.

Obstructed_View
05-12-2007, 11:03 PM
Kevin McCarthy's probably looking for work.

T Park
05-12-2007, 11:10 PM
fuck these stupid ass PA announcers that want to be "part" of the goddamn show.

Stan Kelley is just fine, tonight dude was awesome.

Fuck you asses.

Pistons < Spurs
05-12-2007, 11:19 PM
fuck these stupid ass PA announcers that want to be "part" of the goddamn show.

ummm....that's EXACTLY what they're supposed to be. They're there for entertainment. It's part of the whole program, like the dancing girls and dunking mascots.

Behrooz24
05-13-2007, 02:52 AM
Werd, I always think of Bill Gates when I hear him on the PA.

pooh
05-13-2007, 05:14 AM
Kelly's stuff sounds like it's been taped and played back during a game. Mason is ok but it's getting stale. I liked the guy who did the Bulls games during Jordan's era, he was very good.

twincam
05-13-2007, 09:35 AM
You guys remember the PA announcer before him? His name was Pat Tallman (R.I.P.). He's the one who said, "Good evening ladies and gentlemen, I'm Pat Tallman, welcoming the world's greatest fans to the NOISIEST arena in pro basketball!".

spursfan09
05-13-2007, 10:16 AM
Spurs fans= never satisfied. Complaining about the PA announcer. Nothing is ever good enough for us Spurs fans!

Obstructed_View
05-13-2007, 10:19 AM
Spurs fans= never satisfied. Complaining about the PA announcer. Nothing is ever good enough for us Spurs fans!
It's a discussion board. If everything was always good enough for every individual Spurs fan all the time, there'd be no discussion.

spursfan09
05-13-2007, 10:21 AM
It's a discussion board. If everything was always good enough for every individual Spurs fan all the time, there'd be no discussion.

dude I didn't mean anything by it. Maybe I should of put an :lol after I typed it. Kind of poking fun at the fact that Spurs fans are spoiled.

T Park
05-13-2007, 10:22 AM
ummm....that's EXACTLY what they're supposed to be

No thanks.

You can keep your attention whore PA announcer.

I'll keep the local guy that works on the local radio station talking about the spurs in a semi intelligent way, and when he does the games like last night where he was INTO IT, I could care less if hes doing that stupid BU BUH BUH BUH BILLUPS bullshit.

Just announce the damn game, be into and have fun, but don't try to be a goddamn attention whore trying to be something they're not

Obstructed_View
05-13-2007, 10:23 AM
dude I didn't mean anything by it. Maybe I should of put an :lol after I typed it. Kind of poking fun at the fact that Spurs fans are spoiled.
Stan Kelly sounds like he has Parkinson's syndrome, and is uncomfortable to listen to. I'm not sure how that would make someone "spoiled" to point that out.

spursfan09
05-13-2007, 10:26 AM
Stan Kelly sounds like he has Parkinson's syndrome, and is uncomfortable to listen to. I'm not sure how that would make someone "spoiled" to point that out.

:rolleyes
Great now I have to explain it. I just think that after a win its funny to point out the PA announcer should be fired. I was just attributing that to the fact that Spur fans like to complain even when the Spurs win so chill. SPoiled=never happy. But I didn't even mean that to begin with I was playing around so chill.

Budkin
05-13-2007, 10:37 AM
Having attended a bunch of Magic games I was always partial to Paul Porter. I'll admit that Stan Kelly's warbly voice used to bug me but it's kind of grown on me over the years. MANUUUUUUU!

DarrinS
05-13-2007, 10:40 AM

:toast

Obstructed_View
05-13-2007, 10:42 AM
:rolleyes
Great now I have to explain it. I just think that after a win its funny to point out the PA announcer should be fired. I was just attributing that to the fact that Spur fans like to complain even when the Spurs win so chill. SPoiled=never happy. But I didn't even mean that to begin with I was playing around so chill.
So when the Spurs win nobody should be allowed to discuss anything, right? The hive mind should be sated until the next game.

And why would you be complaining about Spurs fans complaining, especially after a win? By your own rules you shouldn't be complaining after a win.

Chill? :rolleyes

spursfan09
05-13-2007, 10:42 AM
ps. I don't think that PA annoucner for the Spurs is that great to listen to either.

spursfan09
05-13-2007, 10:43 AM
So when the Spurs win nobody should be allowed to discuss anything, right? The hive mind should be sated until the next game.

Chill? :rolleyes

Yeah! Thats exactly what I mean!

Obstructed_View
05-13-2007, 10:45 AM
No thanks.

You can keep your attention whore PA announcer.
Agreed. Stan's voice has gotten bad, but I'd rather have him than the dude from Detroit any day of the week, and that guy from Orlando who used to yell SLLLAAAAAAAAAMMMMMM! after a dunk or THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE after a three pointer got annoying by the first quarter of the all-star game he did. That's why I mentioned Kevin McCarthy. He got replaced by Mark Cuban because he wasn't annoying enough.

spursfan09
05-13-2007, 10:45 AM
Where did I say "Spur fans shouldn't complain"? I don't remember saying that. I just thought it was funny they were. I didn't say they were wrong for doing. I don't like really Stan Kelly either...

Obstructed_View
05-13-2007, 10:55 AM
Where did I say "Spur fans shouldn't complain"? I don't remember saying that. I just thought it was funny they were. I didn't say they were wrong for doing.

I was just attributing that to the fact that Spur fans like to complain even when the Spurs win.
Sounds to me like you are calling someone out for saying they don't like Stan Kelly because the Spurs won and they should just keep their mouths shut. "even when the Spurs win" is a qualifier which implies to the reader that a Spurs win should erase all complaints about all subjects from the minds of the fans. That was my reason for responding, and if I misunderstood, now you know why.

I don't like really Stan Kelly either...
I have a feeling this thread would have gone a lot more smoothly if you'd just posted that in the first place. :)

spursfan09
05-13-2007, 10:57 AM
I don't see the big deal in finding it funny that Spurs fans are complaining about Stan Kelly after win. It was my opinion to point out.

NBA Junkie
05-13-2007, 11:00 AM
Mason sucks! Most annoying PA announcer ever. I always mute the sound whenever Piston home games are on national television.

Obstructed_View
05-13-2007, 11:17 AM
I don't see the big deal in finding it funny that Spurs fans are complaining about Stan Kelly after win. It was my opinion to point out.
Meh. Nothing's ever good enough for you, Spurs fan.

spursfan09
05-13-2007, 11:27 AM
Meh. Nothing's ever good enough for you, Spurs fan.

Whats not good enough for me?

Obstructed_View
05-13-2007, 11:34 AM
Whats not good enough for me?
Nothing. Ever. You're spoiled. Even after a win.

spursfan09
05-13-2007, 11:36 AM
I'm actually very happy with the win, and would feel bad for Stan Kelly if he got fired.

PS you don't know how to quit do you?

Pistons < Spurs
05-13-2007, 11:38 AM
This thread was started before the game even started :rolleyes

Obstructed_View
05-13-2007, 11:45 AM
Pwn3d.

spursfan09
05-13-2007, 11:45 AM

Oh well excuse me then...

spursfan09
05-13-2007, 11:46 AM
I still think people complain alot.

Obstructed_View
05-13-2007, 11:47 AM
I still think people complain alot.
Yes, we do. That's why Al Gore invented message boards. Ain't it fun?

spursfan09
05-13-2007, 11:50 AM
It is fun! I live my life to complain on message boards.

GrandeDavid
05-13-2007, 11:54 AM
ummm....that's EXACTLY what they're supposed to be. They're there for entertainment. It's part of the whole program, like the dancing girls and dunking mascots.

EXACTLY! Way to shoot down the stupid ass comment, brother!

SenorSpur
05-13-2007, 12:41 PM
You guys remember the PA announcer before him? His name was Pat Tallman (R.I.P.). He's the one who said, "Good evening ladies and gentlemen, I'm Pat Tallman, welcoming the world's greatest fans to the NOISIEST arena in pro basketball!".

Of course. I grew up listening to him on KKYX I believe. Truly one of the best PA announcers ever.

This guy Stan Kelly is pretty bad. Don't know how he's held the job this long.

Perhaps the Spurs should try out that guy "Big Key". The brother who does the "in-game" announcments and promotions. Dude has a good voice and personality. Of course, he could also turn out to be a Mason starter-kit. UGH! Nevermind. Forget that suggestion. :rolleyes

ponky
05-13-2007, 12:43 PM
lol, is this the guy who yells "spurs basketball!" and then quickly repeats himself in a different tone "spurrrrrs basketball!" whenever the spurs regain possession of the ball? i was laughing so hard last night whenever i'd hear him, and the whole "here come the spurs" thing is hilarious, my bf screams it with a lisp just to make us laugh. dang, that guy needs to go.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
05-13-2007, 01:02 PM
My favorite PA announcer of all-time was (not sure if he is still) the Bulls announcer back in the Jordan days

Obstructed_View
05-13-2007, 02:50 PM
lol, is this the guy who yells "spurs basketball!" and then quickly repeats himself in a different tone "spurrrrrs basketball!" whenever the spurs regain possession of the ball? i was laughing so hard last night whenever i'd hear him, and the whole "here come the spurs" thing is hilarious, my bf screams it with a lisp just to make us laugh. dang, that guy needs to go.
So who do you like better as a Mavs announcer: McCarthy or Humble?

dknights411
05-13-2007, 03:06 PM
My favorite PA announcer of all-time was (not sure if he is still) the Bulls announcer back in the Jordan days

Ahh, Ray Clay. Watching the Bulls intros on NBC back in the day most likely hypnotized me into liking the NBA. Unfortunatley, I think the Bulls got rid of him a few years ago. Shame really. (If I remember, the 76ers brought him into Philadelphia to introduce Jordan in his last game. Props to them for pulling that off).