PDA

View Full Version : Where is all the crying now

atxrocker
05-12-2007, 09:19 PM
When all the calls favor the Spurs?

dbestpro
05-12-2007, 09:26 PM
If all the calls favor the Spurs then you know all is right in the world.

sprrs
05-12-2007, 09:26 PM

Plenty of crying right above me.

TheSanityAnnex
05-12-2007, 09:28 PM
There have been terrible calls both ways, but the most critical ones have gone against the Suns.

zrinkill
05-12-2007, 09:28 PM

Thats you Bitch

ShoogarBear
05-12-2007, 09:33 PM
A treatise on crying from Sacramento King fans. :rolleyes

atxrocker
05-12-2007, 09:37 PM
wow that non call on horry was ridiculous

atxrocker
05-12-2007, 09:37 PM
A treatise on crying from Sacramento King fans. :rolleyes

eh... ok.

TheSanityAnnex
05-12-2007, 09:38 PM
Agreed.

Nash doesn't complain much.

baseline bum
05-12-2007, 09:43 PM
:lol

Like we haven't heard about game 6 in Staples for 5 years now

TheSanityAnnex
05-12-2007, 09:44 PM
I wish there wouldn't have been the ticky-tac calls on Amare. Game would have been much tighter and more exciting for basketball fans.

TheSanityAnnex
05-12-2007, 09:45 PM

Like we haven't heard about game 6 in Staples for 5 years nowI don't see anyone bringing it up here.

TheSanityAnnex
05-12-2007, 09:49 PM
Wow, these non-calls are terrible. Duncan CLEARLY fouled Amare, yet no call. And hey what do you know, a call on the other end for the Spurs.

atxrocker
05-12-2007, 09:50 PM
you're preaching to the wrong crowd, tsa. spurs fans will claim that they were the ones who were the victims here.

ShoogarBear
05-12-2007, 09:54 PM
Don't you guys have your own pussy forum here?

TheSanityAnnex
05-12-2007, 09:55 PM
I'm not preaching, I'm just commenting. I've got no stakes on either team, so I really don't care. If Spurs fans can't see the help they received tonight they are blind beyond belief. Stoudamire 19 minutes?

exstatic
05-12-2007, 09:55 PM
D'Antoni is crying so much, I may run to the 24hr Home Depot at IH10/Dezavala for wood...to build an ark. Fuck, he cried when they called a non-shooting foul on Bowen/Nash..."Not now!!!" :lmao

TheSanityAnnex
05-12-2007, 09:56 PM
Don't you guys have your own pussy forum here?
Yeah, but this has nothing to do with the Kings, so what is your point?

exstatic
05-12-2007, 09:56 PM
I'm not preaching, I'm just commenting. I've got no stakes on either team, so I really don't care. If Spurs fans can't see the help they received tonight they are blind beyond belief. Stoudamire 19 minutes?
Stupid fouls, especially #5.

ShoogarBear
05-12-2007, 09:57 PM
Yeah, but this has nothing to do with the Kings, so what is your point?There is none, in keeping with the entire theme of this bitch thread.

TheSanityAnnex
05-12-2007, 09:58 PM
Stupid fouls, especially #5.
#5 I'd agree with, but #4 was weak. Especially when Duncan escaped his 4th minutes later.

ATXSPUR
05-12-2007, 10:01 PM

I should have known you would start causing more trouble after this.

TheSanityAnnex
05-12-2007, 10:02 PM
I should have known you would start causing more trouble after this.
It was pretty obvious to every fan without a Spurs jersey on.

Supergirl
05-12-2007, 10:03 PM
I am appalled by how much yapping he's doing about the refs, and while I'm at it, Amare needs to STFU as well.

They just showed clips of Thomas guarding Duncan - grabbing his jersey, fricking pulling down his pants on every possession. (Still to no effect, mind you).

And Amare himself - getting away with just as much as anyone, slapping and pulling and pushing off.

This game was physical tonight. Which is the way it should be - the Spurs stepped up and issues a collective F.U. to the Suns - as if to say, you want to play rough, we WILL play rough. And they'll win, when they do.

Good game tonight.

ALVAREZ6
I think this game really exposed the NBA's shitty officiating. The calls were awful for both teams. The refs do a really good job of disrupting the game and making it resemble football or baseball. Basketball is basketball, but NBA basketball is completely different than the more traditional, more exciting basketball.

ATXSPUR
It was pretty obvious to every fan without a Spurs jersey on.

What pisses me off is you guys wouldnt say a word if they were all going the Suns way and you know it.

TheSanityAnnex
05-12-2007, 10:04 PM
Physical? As in kneeing people in the NUTS?

Borosai
05-12-2007, 10:04 PM
You want complaining? Horry didn't foul Nash on that drive...he knocked the ball away from below...clean. Oh, and I'm sure you conveniently missed the clean block on Marion that was called a foul on Horry. Duncan got a clean block on Amare...he got his hand and ball. That block that Marion got on Ginobili was all hand, but wasn't called a foul. Thomas should've fouled out in the first half with all his jersey grabbing. Marion didn't get called on that hard-to-miss foul on Manu's eye.

Did I miss anything. Just because the Suns expect to get bailed out all the time doesn't actually mean they got fouled.

yeahone
05-12-2007, 10:05 PM
well suns cant stop the spurs sdo theyta look for other advatagesss

ALVAREZ6
05-12-2007, 10:05 PM
Even though I'm a Spurs fan, I acknowledge the fact that the refs fucked this game up by calling a lot of bullshit. And wether the Suns received more shitty calls than the Spurs or not, it was pretty crappy for both teams. There were non calls and then calls that shouldn't have been called at all.

ALVAREZ6
05-12-2007, 10:06 PM
Bruce Bowen fouled Nash by taking a gentle step forward today, as Nash flew backwards.

TheSanityAnnex
05-12-2007, 10:07 PM
What pisses me off is you guys wouldnt say a word if they were all going the Suns way and you know it.Hey dipshit, do you even read responses before you respond?

There have been terrible calls both ways, but the most critical ones have gone against the Suns.

boutons_
05-12-2007, 10:07 PM
The refs were too big of a factor, yes.

We had our problems with them last year vs Mavs, time for make up.

bobbyjoe
05-12-2007, 10:08 PM
Bowen kneed Nash in the balls, period.

Bowen is not a basketball player. He's a POS. Denying it at this point is silly. What else does the guy need to do to show what a scumbag he is.

TheSanityAnnex
My only true complaint about this game was the 4th foul on Amare. Complete bullshit.

ATXSPUR
Hey dipshit, do you even read responses before you respond?

Hey ass clown that was not a response to me.

Borosai
05-12-2007, 10:09 PM
Spurs have Bowen. Suns have Bell.

Aggie Hoopsfan
Where is all the crying now

I think you answered your own question with your original post :lol

sunsbum
although i think there were a few calls that should have been made, the one that WAS made that really pissed me off was the 4th that oberto got drawn on amare..that was crap. that hurt us bad.

bobbyjoe
05-12-2007, 10:10 PM
I am appalled by how much yapping he's doing about the refs, and while I'm at it, Amare needs to STFU as well.

They just showed clips of Thomas guarding Duncan - grabbing his jersey, fricking pulling down his pants on every possession. (Still to no effect, mind you).

And Amare himself - getting away with just as much as anyone, slapping and pulling and pushing off.

This game was physical tonight. Which is the way it should be - the Spurs stepped up and issues a collective F.U. to the Suns - as if to say, you want to play rough, we WILL play rough. And they'll win, when they do.

Good game tonight.

Do you consider kicking a man with his back turned to you in the back of his foot, stepping under a jump shooter so he'll sprain his ankle, and kneeing a man in the balls "tough and physical".

If so, congrats.

exstatic
05-12-2007, 10:12 PM
Do you consider kicking a man with his back turned to you in the back of his foot, stepping under a jump shooter so he'll sprain his ankle, and kneeing a man in the balls "tough and physical".

If so, congrats.
Lakertrash must be bored....

TheSanityAnnex
05-12-2007, 10:12 PM
The refs were too big of a factor, yes.

We had our problems with them last year vs Mavs, time for make up.This is what I have a problem with, and it bothers me to no end. I see people discussing it all the time on this board.

"well, the Suns got the calls in game 2, so we'll get them in game 3"

"we got fucked in the Mavs series, now we're getting our make up"

That line of thinking is bullshit, and if it is in fact true, FUCK THE NBA. Calls should be earned, not based on some factors from past games or series.

MadDog73
05-12-2007, 10:13 PM
I don't care, I just love TheSannityAnnex's avatar.

If him bitching about fouls means I can spend more time staring at it, than all is right in the world. ;)

exstatic
05-12-2007, 10:14 PM
This is what I have a problem with, and it bothers me to no end. I see people discussing it all the time on this board.

"well, the Suns got the calls in game 2, so we'll get them in game 3"

"we got fucked in the Mavs series, now we're getting our make up"

That line of thinking is bullshit, and if it is in fact true, FUCK THE NBA. Calls should be earned, not based on some factors from past games or series.
boutons is one of the most reviled posters on the board. Don't take his take as consensus.

Spurs Brazil
05-12-2007, 10:16 PM
Sacramento has a NBA team???

I thought they only played in the WNBA

Aggie Hoopsfan
Good lord, the guy is such a whiny bitch now, imagine what he was like as a kid. :lol He did everything short of cry just now in the post-game press conference.

easjer
Meh. There were some bad calls and there were some good calls.

I didn't think there were many egregious calls either way, so I've got no complaints. It seemed to me, on the whole, to be hands off. So, meh.

Although D'Antoni needs to take a look at some of the footage of his guys before he claims that the Suns are not playing overly physical bb. Bell has knocked guys down and Manu clearly took a finger to the eye (accidentally).

TheSanityAnnex
05-12-2007, 10:18 PM
boutons is one of the most reviled posters on the board. Don't take his take as consensus.
I don't, but I see that line of thinking all too often, not just here, but from fans all over the league. I hate to think that is how the league runs, but some times it does tend to seem like that.

The officiating of this sport is getting ridiculous, and many fans are tired of it, something must be done.

sprrs
05-12-2007, 10:19 PM
Wouldn't be too much of a stretch

TheSanityAnnex
05-12-2007, 10:19 PM
I don't care, I just love TheSannityAnnex's avatar.

If him bitching about fouls means I can spend more time staring at it, than all is right in the world. ;)

TheSanityAnnex
05-12-2007, 10:20 PM
I didn't think there were many egregious calls either way, so I've got no complaints. Of course you don't, your best player was on the court for more than 19 minutes.

easjer
05-12-2007, 10:22 PM
Ok, so you've got a problem with #4.

Which of the other 4 did you take issue with?

Additionally, he could have come right back in to start the second quarter, but they went with Diaw for awhile instead. That's on D'Antoni (and it wasn't a bad decision - Diaw was hot).

dimsah
05-12-2007, 10:23 PM
I'm crying tears of joy.

dav4463
05-12-2007, 10:25 PM
Duncan and Horry combined on a perfectly clean block that was called a foul. Duncan got away with a foul that was called a block. Ginobli had his eye almost ripped out and it wasn't called. Stoudamire got called on one he didn't deserve. Nash got a basket and foul when obviously nobody touched him. Same thing for Ginobli when he blew a layup and got bailed out. Lots of missed calls. A tough physical game. I don't think the calls favored one over the other, but the team that loses will always believe they were cheated. Just look at the comments on any board for any team after they lose and they always complain that the calls went against them.

Bottom line, Suns were hot early and built a lead. Spurs were cold. Suns cooled off, Spurs heated up and Tim Duncan was the best player on the floor and his team won the game.

ALVAREZ6
05-12-2007, 10:30 PM
That line of thinking is bullshit, and if it is in fact true, FUCK THE NBA. Calls should be earned, not based on some factors from past games or series.If I hadn't grown attached to the Spurs a few years ago, there's no way in hell I'd still be watching the NBA. No doubt in my mind. Spurs games are the only ones I watch. I can't stand the NBA's bullshit fouls. The officiating plays too big a part in the game, and I don't think it's all completely their fault.

I ask myself and others this question: Have the officials changed so drastically since the 80s/90s, or should the current players receive a lot of the blame?
What do you guys think?

The players have gradually changed what is considered a foul, and what is not, by becoming addicted to drawing fouls and going to the line. They all want to create contact, to flop, to go to the line. I don't want to debate who are the biggest floppers and acters, I know Manu is one of them, but I'm not here to debate this...we all know most players try to in some way draw fouls.

Back in the day, or on a different level such as a pick up game at the park, if you give a pump fake and cause the defender to jump, you took a dribble or two to the side and took an open jumper. Or you drove to the lane and tried to score or feed someone else. But that's what it was about, faking the defender out and capitalizing on it. NOW, you never see this. NBA players now jump into the airborne defender or whail their arms into theirs.

Because I have it fresh in memory from tonight's game, I'll recall when Nash tried to draw that charge on Tim. So many NBA players try that crap where the guy in Duncan's situation had no idea of Nash because his eyes were back at the ball, and they turn around and get called for a charge for inadvertently turning into a guy who leaned into him. Crap like this pisses me off. On other levels, if a guy is driving the lane, you jump up and try to block or contest the shot. That's basketball. NOW, it's all about flopping and drawing a fabricated foul. I hate this shit.

I could make an endless list of stupid shit that NBA players have increasingly incorporated that just flat out ruins the fucking game. A lot of people bitch about the refs, but the players are also being bitches. Fans in turn get accustomed to the bullshit fuck that's considered a foul, and in turn they bitch like fools at every opportunity during a game. So I'm not sure if the refs are completely to blame, if it's what the players and the fans want for the game, so be it. I just don't think it's basketball anymore.

Extra Stout
05-12-2007, 10:33 PM
The officiating appeared noticeabily more favorable to the Spurs this evening.

smeagol
05-12-2007, 10:35 PM
Agreed.

I said the same thing in the game blog.

Only homers wil not see this fact.

Jelly
05-12-2007, 10:41 PM

So do you think that the Suns actually should have won?

Strike
05-12-2007, 10:41 PM
Bowen kneed Nash in the balls, period.

Bowen is not a basketball player. He's a POS. Denying it at this point is silly. What else does the guy need to do to show what a scumbag he is.

And you'd love to have him on your team defending the league's top players.

Extra Stout
05-12-2007, 10:43 PM
So do you think that the Suns actually should have won?
Should have won? Going too far. Could have won? Definitely.

florige
05-12-2007, 10:44 PM
I actually thought that we were going to get called for alot of bullcrap calls to tell you the truth.

dbestpro
05-12-2007, 10:44 PM
What pisses me off is you guys wouldnt say a word if they were all going the Suns way and you know it.
But its not! Na, na na na na!

exstatic
05-12-2007, 10:45 PM
Of course you don't, your best player was on the court for more than 19 minutes.
He's smart enough to stay on the court. Amare is a real dunderhead sometimes. That fifth foul was positively Gumpish. When you have four fouls, and have been pretty much chained to the bench, YOU LET TIM DUNCAN FLUSH ON THAT PICK AND ROLL. The TV guys called him out for both missing his rotation and fouling stupidly, a rarity against a Sun. There was at least one other stupid one, that if they were removed, he may have played 35-40 minutes.

makedamnsure
05-12-2007, 10:47 PM
We did get a lot more calls going our way but heyyy we've had games where NOTHING goes our way so I'll take this win without saying anything.

exstatic
05-12-2007, 10:48 PM
Well, sure, if you don't count all of the no-calls when Thomas had a double handful of Duncan's jersey about every time down in the paint...

The Suns were trying to play a physical game, which is not their thing. They got a lot of foul calls, but at LEAST as many no calls that could have been fouls.

Extra Stout
05-12-2007, 10:48 PM
Of course you don't, your best player was on the court for more than 19 minutes.
Several of Amare's fouls reflected poor awareness of the game situation. His fourth foul was the only questionable one.

The Achilles heel for Amare is that he is not very smart, and won't be heady in those situations. You can't trust him to play in foul trouble. His fifth foul was a prime example of that.

TheSanityAnnex
05-12-2007, 10:50 PM

Agreed.

I said the same thing in the game blog.

Only homers wil not see this fact.

Nice to see some others admit it, even though they are Spurs fans. Regardless of the fact that your team may have gotten some favorable calls, your team still had to take advantage of those calls and close the game out. The Spurs did, props to them.

easjer
05-12-2007, 10:51 PM
I've been thinking about this a little more.

We went to the line 9 more times. One of those was a technical on D'Antoni, so it doesn't count. 8 more times. They got whistled for 2 more fouls than us.

I guess the thing that strikes me is what I see people telling Spurs fans when they complain about the calls - a good player/coach/team will play through the calls and adjust. If the calls were favoring the Spurs, it was up to the Suns to adjust. If Amare was getting whistled, he should have adjusted. We could argue back and forth about whether or not he deserved #4, but the fact is that he shouldn't have picked up #5. A smart player wouldn't have made that foul. It was on Amare to adjust to the way the game was being called, and he failed to do so. It then became incumbent on D'Antoni and the other players to adjust to the way the game was being called, and they failed to do so.

The game was hardly lopsided in favor of the Spurs, as the officiating was in game 2 of the Dallas/GS series, for instance. We had 4 players with 4 fouls. So it wasn't exactly a gimme for the Spurs, you know? We saw Manu being mugged time and again and Timmy being undressed with no calls.

But on the larger theory of plain good officiating, yes, the officials should not interrupt the flow, should let players play, and should call things evenly and fairly on both sides. Was it tonight? It was not bad enough to attract my notice during the game. Homer or not, that was how I saw it.

Extra Stout
05-12-2007, 10:52 PM
Well, sure, if you don't count all of the no-calls when Thomas had a double handful of Duncan's jersey about every time down in the paint...

The Suns were trying to play a physical game, which is not their thing. They got a lot of foul calls, but at LEAST as many no calls that could have been fouls.
Even with the no-calls on Thomas, the Spurs got the benefit of the majority of the calls.

TheSanityAnnex
05-12-2007, 10:53 PM
He's smart enough to stay on the court. Amare is a real dunderhead sometimes. That fifth foul was positively Gumpish. When you have four fouls, and have been pretty much chained to the bench, YOU LET TIM DUNCAN FLUSH ON THAT PICK AND ROLL. The TV guys called him out for both missing his rotation and fouling stupidly, a rarity against a Sun. There was at least one other stupid one, that if they were removed, he may have played 35-40 minutes.#5 on Amare was stupid on his part, he should have just conceded the dunk. What bugs me is that two minutes later, Amare goes for a dunk and is fouled in the same manner by Duncan, yet no whistle. Amare is young and will learn how to stay on the court. He'll also be very scary when he does.

TheSanityAnnex
05-12-2007, 10:56 PM
But on the larger theory of plain good officiating, yes, the officials should not interrupt the flow, should let players play, and should call things evenly and fairly on both sides. Was it tonight? It was not bad enough to attract my notice during the game. Homer or not, that was how I saw it.

I believe the original point of this thread was directed at Spurs fans, not the Spurs players.

UV Ray
05-12-2007, 10:56 PM
I think this game really exposed the NBA's shitty officiating. The calls were awful for both teams. The refs do a really good job of disrupting the game and making it resemble football or baseball. Basketball is basketball, but NBA basketball is completely different than the more traditional, more exciting basketball.

Horrible officiating both ways. I've seen better officiating in the WWF.

jbspurs
05-12-2007, 11:32 PM
I wish there wouldn't have been the ticky-tac calls on Amare. Game would have been much tighter and more exciting for basketball fans.

COME BACK NEXT SEASON WHEN YOUR TEAM IS PLAYIN!

jbspurs
05-12-2007, 11:33 PM

:dramaquee :dramaquee :dramaquee :dramaquee

TampaDude
05-12-2007, 11:34 PM

Love your avatar! :toast

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-12-2007, 11:35 PM

I thought there were a couple of calls Nash didn't get that were a little harsh, otherwise it was pretty even.

How many times did Manu get killed with no call? Tony?

Even if you say we got the calls tonight, that evens it up from game 2 then, when we were the ones who were FUCKED OVER.

T Park
05-12-2007, 11:36 PM
duncan gets absolutely manhandled, ginobili gets a black eye, parker molested everytime to the basket, and the spurs got the majority of the calls :lol

you people are too much

Obstructed_View
05-12-2007, 11:38 PM
The Spurs are at home. I expect the home team to get some calls. The officiating doesn't really affect the outcome of the game as much as a lot of folks on here wish it did. Anybody that wants to see a player taken out by biased officials needs to watch the olympics.

jbspurs
05-12-2007, 11:39 PM

They just showed clips of Thomas guarding Duncan - grabbing his jersey, fricking pulling down his pants on every possession. (Still to no effect, mind you).And Amare himself - getting away with just as much as anyone, slapping and pulling and pushing off.

Good game tonight.

There is this play that I thought Duncan was wearing a tight little shorts.. Thomas raped Duncan the whole time!

jbspurs
05-12-2007, 11:42 PM

O yeah Bowen did that on purpose! :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-12-2007, 11:43 PM
Have to agree with ALVAREZ's big post on page 2 of this thread too.

The call that pisses me off the most these days is the charge/block call. They now call it so that the defender can virtually step under the offensive player and get the call, and that's BULLSHIT. Like today, referring to the block that was called on Nash but the commentators were saying "that's close to a charge", bullshit it was - he was still moving and got there about 0.000000001s before Duncan did, which means it's a block. WTF, seriously.

fatsack
05-12-2007, 11:43 PM
how are the kings doing on their series... oh ... never mind.

Obstructed_View
05-12-2007, 11:48 PM
Have to agree with ALVAREZ's big post on page 2 of this thread too.

The call that pisses me off the most these days is the charge/block call. They now call it so that the defender can virtually step under the offensive player and get the call, and that's BULLSHIT. Like today, referring to the block that was called on Nash but the commentators were saying "that's close to a charge", bullshit it was - he was still moving and got there about 0.000000001s before Duncan did, which means it's a block. WTF, seriously.
I'm really surprised that they called that Nash block correctly. If a guy is falling as he sets his feet, he's going down whether anyone hits him or not. They usually are too busy looking to see if he was outside the circle to notice anything else. Mike Breen is exactly right that a guy doesn't have to have his feet set in order to establish position. Taking a charge isn't really a high percentage play because you are forcing the officials to make a decision, and it's usually a coin-flip as to what they will decide. Duncan tried that against Dirk last year at the end of the game and paid the price for it.

jag
05-13-2007, 01:13 AM
i like seeing the kings fans out tonight...how's brad miller doing?

SpursChampsIII
05-13-2007, 01:28 AM
#5 I'd agree with, but #4 was weak. Especially when Duncan escaped his 4th minutes later.

Shouldn't you be concentrating on the lottery? We're still playing, you're not, go away.

sabar
05-13-2007, 01:34 AM
Who cares, you know, if the refs have their own agenda, then you have to play through it. I love how teams call out other teams when they suspect bad reffing, as if the teams would actually pay off the refs. And we all know Stern hates small market San Antonio, so I see no reason why it would be rigged in that way either.

I learned a long time ago that you just have to play through it. When the Spurs are on the road, I expect them to step up big time to overcome the usual favorable calls to the home team.

baseline bum
05-13-2007, 01:39 AM
He's smart enough to stay on the court. Amare is a real dunderhead sometimes. That fifth foul was positively Gumpish. When you have four fouls, and have been pretty much chained to the bench, YOU LET TIM DUNCAN FLUSH ON THAT PICK AND ROLL. The TV guys called him out for both missing his rotation and fouling stupidly, a rarity against a Sun. There was at least one other stupid one, that if they were removed, he may have played 35-40 minutes.

Where was all the talk of grave injustice when Stoudemire had 20 fouls in the 5-game first round series with the Lakers? :cry

timvp
05-13-2007, 02:17 AM
Eh, the Spurs got some calls tonight. Probably had a 60-40 advantage in calls going their way.

But that's part of playoff basketball. You just hope that it all evens out in the end.

And yeah, the Spurs still deserve some evening out from the basketball gods after the travesty we saw in Game 3 of the second round last year. This was nothing compared to that. If Stoudemire where to pick up fouls for Duncan stepping on his foot, then we can talk.

jmard5
05-13-2007, 02:23 AM

If so, congrats.

This is getting old. Put in something new on the table. :lol

We win. Suns lose. Kobe's Lakers is out of the playoffs. You are pwned.

1SUNSFAN
05-13-2007, 02:24 AM
I can't believe how all these Spurs fans say Amare and D'Antoni are babies. Duncan is the biggest baby in the league! Every time he commits a foul he glares at the refs as if he is trying to melt them with his eyes. This game was so poorly officiated. Bowen is in the same class with Tonya Harding and Johnny (from the Karate Kid "sweep the leg"). Just a dirty, dirty, player that has no business being in the NBA. Spurs fans that don't admit that he is trash are trash themselves.

Strike
05-13-2007, 02:27 AM
If the Suns were such a great team they'd figure a way to beat the Spurs at their own game instead of crying about "dirty play".

Apparently Bowen is the only "dirty" player that ever existed. Because it's so obvious that the Suns play with such class and dignity.

:cry :cry :cry :cry

OldDirtMcGirt
05-13-2007, 02:29 AM
O yeah Bowen did that on purpose! :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

I think that Bowen needs to get his reflexes fixed. His legs seem to randomly fly out in a kicking motion whenever there's a chance to cheapshot a Suns player. I'd get that checked out if I were him.

Strike
05-13-2007, 03:16 AM
I can't believe how all these Spurs fans say Amare and D'Antoni are babies. Duncan is the biggest baby in the league! Every time he commits a foul he glares at the refs as if he is trying to melt them with his eyes. This game was so poorly officiated. Bowen is in the same class with Tonya Harding and Johnny (from the Karate Kid "sweep the leg"). Just a dirty, dirty, player that has no business being in the NBA. Spurs fans that don't admit that he is trash are trash themselves.
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g130/infernalledgend/dumbass.jpg

TheSanityAnnex
05-13-2007, 04:32 AM
COME BACK NEXT SEASON WHEN YOUR TEAM IS PLAYIN!:lol..........says the guy that has been here for a less amount of time than me.

TheSanityAnnex
05-13-2007, 04:37 AM
Most of the "knowledgeable" Spurs fans here can see how they had calls in their favor tonight. I'm not saying anything was rigged, at all. But having Amare only play 19 minutes because of some questionable calls is definitely in your favor. All I'm saying is let everyone play, these are the playoffs, and ticky tac fouls are lame.

cherylsteele
05-13-2007, 09:43 AM
Total Personal fouls game 3:

Suns 24
Spurs 22

Yep, really one sided :rolleyes
The Suns wanted the refs to watch the Spurs closer, but failed to recognize that they would also be watching the Suns closer too. Careful what you wish for.

zrinkill
05-13-2007, 09:53 AM
I think that Bowen needs to get his reflexes fixed. His legs seem to randomly fly out in a kicking motion whenever there's a chance to cheapshot a Suns player. I'd get that checked out if I were him.

You are full of shit. Manu has quite a lump under his eye ..... that did not get a foul called on it.

Stop crying bitch.

zrinkill
05-13-2007, 09:54 AM

Suns 24
Spurs 22

The Suns wanted the refs to watch the Spurs closer, but failed to recognize that they would also be watching the Suns closer too. Careful what you wish for.

:clap :clap :clap :clap

Obstructed_View
05-13-2007, 09:59 AM

Suns 24
Spurs 22

:bang

Again, the number of fouls called does not make a damn bit of difference. If one team commits twice as many fouls as the other, but the officials call the same number of fouls on both teams, is that a fairly officiated game? The Spurs are somewhere near the bottom of the league in fouls committed per game.

It's amazing how many Suns fans are here just to blame the officials when their team gets owned.

easjer
05-13-2007, 10:18 AM

Here's the difference between Duncan and Amare and D'Antoni.

Few people would be willing to say Duncan doesn't complain to officials. Something Shaq does/did a lot too. Given how frequently they are manhandled in the post with no calls, I don't blame either of them. Timmy's gotten better this year about it. He still does it. But when the game is over, he's done. He doesn't continue to whine about fouls from three possessions ago, he doesn't pull the refs over or glare at them all night and he never mentions it in the press. His post conferences never talk about how they got screwed or how unfair X call was.

Meanwhile, Amare complains to the media and can still be found bitching minutes after a call he didn't like.

D'Antoni flails more than Ginobili when the officiating doesn't go his way. Charming. In fact, D'Antoni was so concerned about the officials that after the knee to Nash, he left his player lying on the court to yell at the refs. That's Klassy.

Borosai
05-13-2007, 10:27 AM
A clean, nasty double-block that was called a foul on Horry.

http://www.espn.go.com/photo/2007/0512/nba_g_marion_268.jpg

Obstructed_View
05-13-2007, 10:28 AM
Anybody that can't tell the difference between the two coaches' postgame comments is in dire need of a homerectomy. D'Antoni wants "breaks" and nearly exploded when someone suggested it was a physical series, but claims that the Spurs are the only team playing physical basketball.

cherylsteele
05-13-2007, 10:32 AM
:bang

Again, the number of fouls called does not make a damn bit of difference. If one team commits twice as many fouls as the other, but the officials call the same number of fouls on both teams, is that a fairly officiated game? The Spurs are somewhere near the bottom of the league in fouls committed per game.

It's amazing how many Suns fans are here just to blame the officials when their team gets owned.
I understand that.....I was just trying to make a point to the people who said the Spurs got all the fouls called in the their favor.

easjer
05-13-2007, 10:33 AM
Anybody that can't tell the difference between the two coaches' postgame comments is in dire need of a homerectomy. D'Antoni wants "breaks" and nearly exploded when someone suggested it was a physical series, but claims that the Spurs are the only team playing physical basketball.

That interview was pretty fun to watch. Heh.

But what I love about D'Antoni is the way he continuously insinuates things. It's nearly masterful, he gets a question and then he looks at his hands and sneers a bit and says something like, "Oh, I can't talk about that. Oh, I'd get in trouble if I answered that question honestly. Well, I don't want to get fined."

And yes, his insinuation that it was the Spurs knocking people around rather than a physical playoff series that both teams need and want was pretty amusing.

5ToolMan
05-13-2007, 10:39 AM

Everyone keeps saying Nash was kneed in the nuts, but from my view it looked more like his knee got banged. With Nash, I suppose getting hit in the nuts was possible, since he is the only Sun's proven to have any. :elephant

Obstructed_View
05-13-2007, 10:58 AM
It's not a coincidence that the two times that Nash has gotten hurt in this series were when he was trying to play defense and entered the ball holder's space.

OldDirtMcGirt
05-13-2007, 12:53 PM
You are full of shit. Manu has quite a lump under his eye ..... that did not get a foul called on it.

Stop crying bitch.

Yep that should've been a foul. What's your point?