PDA

View Full Version : God Did Not Create All Men Equal

duncan228
05-12-2007, 10:04 PM
Forgive me for starting a thread just for this.
But no one around me understands like some of you guys do.

Tim Duncan is unbelievable. He is the reason I watch this team, this sport. I watched for years before I found him but he is the only reason I watch now.

His performance tonight simply cements a legacy already in stone.
He will get his Championship. His team rises around him.

He is a joy to watch.

Spursfan101
05-12-2007, 10:06 PM
Tim was nearly flawless tonight. He was playing on another level.

TheTruth
05-12-2007, 10:07 PM
Tim is on another level right now. Good to see some ol' fashion playoff Timmy.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-12-2007, 10:08 PM
I have to agree. Timmy is just... well magnificent. This was a great big fuck you to all the morons claiming he is old and boring.

:lol a lot of fuck yous went out in this game hehe

spurs1990
05-12-2007, 10:08 PM
Tim will be a lock for the HOF if he keeps this up!

6 down, 10 to go!

duncan228
05-12-2007, 10:12 PM

6 down, 10 to go!

He's a lock if he never does another thing.

themvp
05-12-2007, 10:13 PM
Thank you Tim Duncan for watching you. That is all.

I still can't believe some people call him for boring.

timvp
05-12-2007, 10:14 PM
Got damn he's good.

SA210
05-12-2007, 10:15 PM
Hooray for Timmy!

yeahone
05-12-2007, 10:15 PM
he is zzzzzzzzzzz greatesttttttttttttt powerforward

4001 STEREO SPUR
05-12-2007, 10:16 PM
Tim's Awesomeness is Awesome!!

baseline bum
05-12-2007, 10:19 PM
Dallas fans, that is an MVP.

Bruno
05-12-2007, 10:19 PM
Memo to the league : the decline of Timothy Duncan was highly exagerated.

mbass
05-12-2007, 10:21 PM

Tim Duncan is unbelievable. He is the reason I watch this team, this sport. I watched for years before I found him but he is the only reason I watch now.

He is a joy to watch.

It's not just the basketball - it's the sheer will of his performance - his character on the court. He is also the reason I watch the sport - he is the most special of all. Tonights performance was amazing.

makedamnsure
05-12-2007, 10:23 PM
Tim Duncan makes me orgasm. He is unbelievable.

timmydidit
05-12-2007, 10:24 PM
he's unbelievable the only reason why i sticked around for basketball after the Bulls downfall

dknights411
05-12-2007, 10:24 PM
Take notes Dirk, THIS is how an MVP is supposed to perform in the playoffs!

TheTruth
05-12-2007, 10:25 PM
http://images.sportsline.com/b/ap/photos/Suns_Spurs_Basketball1329269_lower.jpg

possessed
05-12-2007, 10:26 PM
Dallas fans, that is an MVP.
QFT

Borosai
05-12-2007, 10:28 PM
http://images.sportsline.com/b/ap/photos/Suns_Spurs_Basketball1329269_lower.jpg

Didn't you hear? That was a foul. :dramaquee

spurs1990
05-12-2007, 10:28 PM
Memo to the league : the decline of Timothy Duncan was highly exagerated.

Apropro quote for Duncan from his fellow UVA alum.

themvp
05-12-2007, 10:29 PM
Got damn he's good.

He's great. Even D'Antoni admitted it.

jag
05-12-2007, 10:31 PM

6 down, 10 to go!

tim could retire yesterday and still be a lock

aaronstampler
A reporter asked Tim if this is one of the most physical series he'd been involved in and he laughed out loud and said "Not even close."

That, Amare, is how you talk trash.

makedamnsure
Tim is a freaking Hall of Famer, without a doubt.

duncan228
05-12-2007, 10:32 PM
All right, I'm breathing now.

It's more than numbers, stats, for me with Duncan. It's the whole package, from his "silent assasine" mannerism, to his complete sound game on both ends of the floor. His footwork is incredible, his defense usually perfect (hence his wide eyed look anytime he's called for a foul). He brings so much to every game that his stat line really doesn't matter all the time.

And then he delivers a game like this. Incredible. Absolutely amazing.

jaffies
05-12-2007, 10:32 PM
See sig below

when you can

Fernando TD21
05-12-2007, 10:53 PM
I have no words to say how much I like Duncan. But this can give you an idea:
http://www.photofile.com/Photos/Albums/05_Spurs_Champ_Album/Images/DuncanTimFinals2.jpg
http://www.photofile.com/Photos/Albums/05_Spurs_Champ_Album/Images/DuncanTimFinals1.jpg
http://www.photofile.com/Photos/Albums/05_Spurs_Champ_Album/Images/05DuncanTim_05Finals_MVP.jpg
http://www.bookladder.com/catalog/images/0766028216.jpg

duncan228
05-12-2007, 10:55 PM
The "Champion On and Off The Court" book is great! One of the few that cover all the way through the '05 Championship.

I thought I was the only one who bought it!

dbreiden83080
05-12-2007, 11:21 PM

He is a joy to watch.

When Tim is on like Tonight i believe he is as good as any player that has ever played this game. He is that amazing in all facets of his game. The media will never love him because he is not flashy but nobody and i mean nobody can deny his greatness or his well earned place in history as one of the best players of all time.

ShoogarBear
05-12-2007, 11:27 PM
He is so boring.

TampaDude
05-12-2007, 11:29 PM
He is so boring.

Yeah, really...all he does is win championships...boring... :p:

TampaDude
05-12-2007, 11:30 PM
He's a lock if he never does another thing.

WERD...TD is ALREADY in the HOF...he's just adding icing to the cake... :toast

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-12-2007, 11:31 PM
Yup, he's the greatest PF off all-time. :fro

He's already in the HoF.

And strangely, his post game isn't as good today as it was two years ago, yet he can still pull it out like no-one else. Clutch-as-fuck.

We love you Timmay!!! :danceclub

lrrr
05-12-2007, 11:33 PM
I was watching the 2005 championship DVD yesterday (waiting for game 3), his performance in the 3rd quarter and single handedly bringing the team back when the Spurs were down by 9 in game 7... That is the definition of MVP.

BigBeezie
05-12-2007, 11:35 PM
It was refreshing to hear everyone chant "MVP" at the game when Timmay was about to shoot a freethrow. I feel that Tim could retire at anytime and would go down as the greatest PF ever. The guy is simply amazing and I've never seen anyone as dominant as him. He not only opens the floor for his team, but he can pack people as they shoot and pound it down their throats with a bank shot.

duncan228
05-12-2007, 11:37 PM
I was watching the 2005 championship DVD yesterday (waiting for game 3), his performance in the 3rd quarter and single handedly bringing the team back when the Spurs were down by 9 in game 7... That is the definition of MVP.

The last six minutes of that third quarter are my favorite minutes of basketball of all time.

dbreiden83080
05-12-2007, 11:50 PM
It was refreshing to hear everyone chant "MVP" at the game when Timmay was about to shoot a freethrow. I feel that Tim could retire at anytime and would go down as the greatest PF ever. The guy is simply amazing and I've never seen anyone as dominant as him. He not only opens the floor for his team, but he can pack people as they shoot and pound it down their throats with a bank shot.

I think Timmy is a top 10 player of all time right now.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-12-2007, 11:50 PM
The last six minutes of that third quarter are my favorite minutes of basketball of all time.

Yeah, they're up there for me too.

Tim had to fight and fight and fight while nothing fell for the first 6 minutes of that Q, then he simply takes over the game, first with an and-one on the right block through a small double team (Prince and Hamilton I think), then two bankers on the left, and some FTs sprinkled in for good measure. With about 1 minute left, Manu takes over from him, and oila, 3rd championship.

It is a beautiful thing! :D :lol

05-13-2007, 12:14 AM
No doubt.

As a Suns fan, I can hope that the Suns limit turnovers, make open shots and get a call or two...but there is no stopping Duncan.

Dude is just great. He really is.

FromWayDowntown
05-13-2007, 12:17 AM
It truly is a pleasure to get to watch Tim Duncan.

LilMissSPURfect
05-13-2007, 12:18 AM
timmay = utube material!

baseline bum
05-13-2007, 12:38 AM

I know it'll sound weird, but my favorite quarter of Duncan's career was in a first round series. That fourth against Phoenix in game 1 of the 1998 first round, in their building, in the first playoff game of Tim Duncan's career. 18 points in the quarter, while pretty much fouling out the whole Phoenix frontcourt. When I saw that, I knew Duncan was going to go down as a top-20 player all-time. I was still wrong. He's top 10.

http://www.canoe.ca/NBAPlayoffs98Games/apr23_pho_sa.html
Spurs 102, SUNS 96
Duncan Spurs San Antonio to victory
# Summary

PHOENIX (AP) -- The Phoenix Suns feared Tim Duncan more than they feared David Robinson, and Duncan showed they were right.
Duncan scored 28 of his 32 points in the second half, including 18 in the fourth quarter, and the San Antonio Spurs beat the Suns 102-96 in the opener of their first-round playoff series Thursday night.

The Spurs came back from two seven-point deficits in the final quarter, and Duncan was the catalyst as San Antonio went ahead for good.
"I started feeling good down the stretch there," said Duncan, who also grabbed 10 rebounds and had the seventh-highest playoff point total by a rookie. "I'd been really defended well the whole game, and then I got some shots to fall, got some space on the court, and we started to move."
Duncan showed his offensive talents with a variety of moves inside or on the baseline, especially when he made five baskets and two free throws in a personal 12-6 run late in the game while being guarded by Hot Rod Williams, Phoenix's best big-man defender, and Antonio McDyess.
"He made some tough shots," Robinson said. "I don't know if it was John Williams or somebody else, but they were right on him, and he made some tough little turnarounds right there, and then you could see it -- he started feeling pretty good."
The one-man show was unplanned, coach Gregg Popovich said.
"He's been through the whole season," Popovich said. "He doesn't need instructions on what to do and when to do it."
Ainge said it wasn't all due to one-man coverage.
"We talked about doubling down on Duncan in the fourth quarter," Ainge said. "We flew at him a couple of times. By the time the double team got there, he had already put the shot up."
Duncan's first three field goals in the run gave the Spurs a lead each time. The third lifted San Antonio to an 88-87 lead with 4:46 remaining, and it was 94-89 when Duncan made his last free throw 2 1/2 minutes later.
"You've got to give him credit," the Suns' Jason Kidd said. "He played a great game, making those shots."
Robinson had 26 points, 15 rebounds, five assists and five blocks for the Spurs, who trailed 81-74 with 9:58 left, and Avery Johnson had 11 of his 22 points in the first quarter.
Kevin Johnson led the Suns with 18 points, and Kidd had 17 points, 11 assists and six steals.
The second game of the best-of-5 series is Saturday.
Duncan missed two free throws with 20 seconds to go, leaving San Antonio with a 100-94 lead.
In the next nine seconds, Kevin Johnson made two free throws, and Avery Johnson made one. But Dennis Scott's 3-point attempt with eight seconds to go went in and out, and Robinson rebounded and tipped it to Duncan, who was fouled and made two free throws in the final second.
The Spurs, down 50-45 to start the third quarter, went ahead 53-52 on a 3-pointer by Jaren Jackson in the first 1:36.
San Antonio had two other leads in the period before McDyess made a short jumper and two 16-footers in a 1:14 span to send the Suns to a 65-61 lead with 4:44 remaining.
Mark Bryant made two more baskets before Duncan broke the 10-0 surge with two free throws.
Suns guard Rex Chapman, who finished the regular season on the injured list because of a hamstring pull, was expected to play but sat out the game. With Kidd guarding Jackson, Avery Johnson took advantage of Kevin Johnson on defense, scoring four of his five early field goals on layups.
The Spurs took a 19-12 lead on a dunk by Robinson with 4:05 left in the first quarter.
But the Suns got within two points at the break, and outscored the Spurs 19-6 in the first 5:05 of the second quarter to take a 40-29 lead.
Robinson had two free throws and a dunk in the final 1:11 as the Spurs eased within five points at halftime.
Notes: The Spurs and Suns last met in the postseason in 1996, when the Spurs beat the Suns 3-1 in the first round. ... Kevin Johnson, who started 12 of his 50 games this season, was a surprise starter in his 93rd playoff game. Johnson has 1,960 points and trails Bobby Dandridge by seven points for 21st in career playoff scoring. ... The Spurs improved to 19-43 on the road in the playoffs. ... Robinson finished one point shy of 1,300 in 54 playoff games. ... Robinson accidentally hit Duncan in the right eye with a finger, sending his teammate to the floor with 3:03 left in the first quarter. Duncan went to the bench, wiped away the tears and returned to the game.

milkyway21
05-13-2007, 02:23 AM
WHO'S GOING TO STOP TIM DUNCAN???

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/6804574_18_1.jpg

MY ANSWER: I STILL do not know. :angel

and the Suns might run out of time. :madrun :D

mVp
05-13-2007, 02:28 AM
WHO'S GOING TO STOP TIM DUNCAN???

How can you stop the unstoppable? :spin

Maybe with fouls, like Amare :donkey

Strike
05-13-2007, 02:32 AM
No doubt.

As a Suns fan, I can hope that the Suns limit turnovers, make open shots and get a call or two...but there is no stopping Duncan.

Dude is just great. He really is.

Much respect. At least ONE Suns fan has vision enough to see reality.

I dislike the Suns more than almost any other team in the league, but I can't deny that they are a very good team. I don't doubt that they will win a ring in the next few years. Just so long as it's not this year.

~Sweetmelody~
05-13-2007, 02:47 AM
Really there are no words- he was that good.

themvp
05-13-2007, 04:25 AM
I know it'll sound weird, but my favorite quarter of Duncan's career was in a first round series. That fourth against Phoenix in game 1 of the 1998 first round, in their building, in the first playoff game of Tim Duncan's career. 18 points in the quarter, while pretty much fouling out the whole Phoenix frontcourt. When I saw that, I knew Duncan was going to go down as a top-20 player all-time. I was still wrong. He's top 10.

There's a video of that 2nd half run. But I can't find it.

td4mvp3
05-13-2007, 09:37 AM
mine is still game 6 against the lakers.

Dingle Barry
05-13-2007, 03:54 PM
Tim Duncan is immortal. I actually worship him before going to sleep every night.