PDA

View Full Version : Camera Angles...

florige
05-12-2007, 10:28 PM
Does it aggravate anyone else when ABC switches to that stupid side angle sometimes during the game? I really can't stand that angle of the game. I hate it even more when we are playing. It seems they always manage to change it during a critical juncture of the game. Keep it the traditional way. Sorry if this thread is mentioned somewhere else...

PM5K
05-12-2007, 10:29 PM
Yes, this was brought up before.

To me it's blurry and disorienting...

yeahone
05-12-2007, 10:29 PM
i agree with you

jag
05-12-2007, 10:30 PM
i absolutely cannot stand that camera angle, i was wondering if it was just me...guess not

makedamnsure
I feel nauseous when they use it.

tw05baller
yes, i noticed and i sucks ass. it frustrates the hell out of me. i enjoy the classic view, you can watch things set up better

Johnny RIngo
I hate those god damn camera angles. It really sucks the life out of a game. ABC has always been terrible with their NBA broadcasts whether it's the annoying music, camera angles, commentators, etc.

4001 STEREO SPUR
05-12-2007, 10:32 PM
It does suck. I hate it.

florige
05-12-2007, 10:33 PM
Yes, this was brought up before.

To me it's blurry and disorienting...

Sorry didn't mean to start a new thread. I searched for it and didn't see it on this page. The thing about it that really pisses me off about the freakin thing is that is always seems that the crap is during the most crucial minutes of the game. Then they have it on for like 4 or 5 plays. I'm like C'mon we saw it enough already! And I know this is just me, but we always seem to play like crap when that stupid angle is on too.

ALVAREZ6
05-12-2007, 10:38 PM
Already brought up.

So much evidence that shows ABC is by far the worst network for broadcasting NBA.

Shitty camera angles, Francisco Elson of Argentina, Mr. Walton...I hate ABC.

wait, is Walton an ESPN or ABC idiot? Either way, he's still an idiot.

florige
05-12-2007, 10:40 PM
Already brought up.

So much evidence that shows ABC is by far the worst network for broadcasting NBA.

Shitty camera angles, Francisco Elson of Argentina, Mr. Walton...I hate ABC.

wait, is Walton an ESPN or ABC idiot? Either way, he's still an idiot.

I haven't seen Walton or Tolbert on ABC in a while.

dimsah
05-12-2007, 10:43 PM
It's pretty obvious a great majority of fans don't like it. Why ABC continues to use it is a mystery to me. Maybe they have not received enough complaints yet?

ALVAREZ6
05-12-2007, 10:45 PM
It's pretty obvious a great majority of fans don't like it. Why ABC continues to use it is a mystery to me. Maybe they have not received enough complaints yet?Or maybe they don't give a fuck about what the viewers think because they clearly use the contrary of what any normal human being expects.

florige
05-12-2007, 10:47 PM
I mean if ABC HAS to use the damn thing, use it in the 1st quarter or something when the game first starts. I wonder who came up with that dumb idea anyway.

timmydidit
05-12-2007, 10:48 PM
it fuckin annoys the hell outta me im like how anyone enjoys this view is a mystery to me

dimsah
05-12-2007, 10:50 PM
Or maybe they don't give a fuck about what the viewers think because they clearly use the contrary of what any normal human being expects.
Possibly. They probably will not lose any viewers because of it, but if they get enough people to complain it may force their hand a bit.

LaMarcus Bryant
05-12-2007, 10:55 PM
MannyIsGod likes freeflight.

myhc
05-12-2007, 10:56 PM
i absolutely hate that camera angle. abc is the suck.

2centsworth
05-12-2007, 10:56 PM
I'm going to sue. I can't stop vomitting.

dimsah
05-12-2007, 11:08 PM
mannyisgod says it looks good in hi-def
For the record most everything looks good in hi-def, but I can't stand it in Hi-def either.

The far side of the court seems too far away, and the action becomes too chaotic for my tastes.

LaMarcus Bryant
05-12-2007, 11:22 PM
The only way that a freeflight angle with half of your screen = the crowd and the other half = the court works is in 1080i.

Then you can see through the players near you to the players on the far side of the court cuz of the pixellation.

boutons_
05-12-2007, 11:22 PM
"The far side of the court seems too far away"

That's because the cable the camera rides on is so close the court that the camera uses a wider angle lens which creates more depth. Close objects are to big, are objects are too small. A "natural" angle of view is about 45 degrees

Dallas/AA used to have the opposite problem. The camera was too damn far from the court, the lens was too telephoto, less depth, foreshortening, so the court looked really narrow.

MannyIsGod
05-12-2007, 11:28 PM
I like it.

Tobias
05-12-2007, 11:44 PM
plus the camera used is shittier than the standard. The colors are washed and maybe its due to the lens but everything is a less clear.

BigBeezie
05-12-2007, 11:45 PM
It sucks my nuts and that is why ABC sucks for games.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-12-2007, 11:46 PM
I like it too. The only ever use it for 30secs at a time, and that's fine with me.

Buddy Holly
05-12-2007, 11:48 PM
You knew some higher up saw a bill that showed how much they pay for that camera, etc and then looked and saw how little they used it. Probably demanded a minimum set time tha the camera angle be used.

E20
05-12-2007, 11:48 PM
OMG that shit was fucking HORRIBLE. It was blurry, looked like I was watching some sitcom, I felt that the players were prone to miss more shots because of that angle for some reason I don't know why. It was annoying like I was playing a video game or watching some replay. Just horrible, stick to what works, ABC you're not innovative or orginal. I mean it took me out of the game like I didn't wanna watch it anymore a good comparison is like you're watching a movie and a line fat dudes keep on walking back and forth the get pop corn or something.

BTW The Pussycat Dolls song sucks ass and does not fit the general theme. Play that during a Game 7 or a close-out game, not in Game 3 of the series. WTF? Also, that song is just plain bad lyrics, beat and everything.

timvp
05-12-2007, 11:49 PM
I'm trying to watch a replay right now in HD and it looks horrible. You miss too much of the action. I can see a purpose for it during replays but for live action it's disgusting.

It's like what the XFL had a decade ago but way worse.

SequSpur
05-13-2007, 12:43 AM
nauseating.

Trainwreck2100
05-13-2007, 01:01 AM
someone in SA should try to break it and see if candy comes out

grjr
05-13-2007, 02:58 AM
someone in SA should try to break it and see if candy comes out

That would be sweet!

kris
05-13-2007, 03:05 AM
You can't really say enough on how bad the angles are. I think ABC insists upon it because they think it's revolutionary or something on a grand scale. I'm sure any of their execs could tell you it's a terrible view.

On this note, I think its hard for large scale operations such as ABC sports television, David Stern, whatever to admit when they're wrong about an idea they thought was going to make a positive change. Plus, sometimes when you control the way things are, you can just let people complain and pretty soon people don't complain as much and then eventually that's just the way something is.

I don't see the horrible angles lasting though.

jaespur21
05-13-2007, 04:18 AM
Maybe yall punk asses have 2 upgrade your TVs cuz i dont mind the angles and love them when i rewatch them on my DVR

and what kinda of excuse is miss some of the action...you should know where every spur player is on the floor so how could u miss somethin?

ALVAREZ6
05-13-2007, 06:33 AM
As Spurs fans, we'll have to live with ABC bullshit for at least an entire series to come...the NBA Finals are brought to you by ABC.

MI21
05-13-2007, 07:24 AM
I'd just be thankful that I got to watch every game live...

ATRAIN
05-13-2007, 07:31 AM
ABC sucks my ass

ManuTastic
05-13-2007, 07:31 AM
Yes that wire cam totally sucks ass.
Everyone here needs to go to abc.com and write a note about how they hate it and want it to stop. That is the only thing that will help. Networks are scared to death of their viewers, even a small number of emails will be loud and clear to them.