PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk about Game 4....

Amuseddaysleeper
05-12-2007, 11:40 PM
Now, while I'm thrilled to get the victory in game 3 after such a slow start in the first quarter, I think game 4 could potentially decide this series.

Win game 4, you go up 3-1 and have the upperhand, lose game 4, it's 2-2 with the next 2 out of 3 in Phoenix.

In fairness to the Suns, they did get the short end of stick with the officiating (though we got some shitty calls as well) but I doubt Nash will have a sketchy game like that again, and while Amare is foul prone, I'm sure he'll play more than 20 minutes. The Suns missed a lot of gimmies an dhad everything going against yet were down 6 or so with 2 minutes to go.

My point in a nutshell is that game 4 isn't gonna be easy, and we're gonna have to play extremely well seeing as how Phoenix will play this like an elimination game (much like they did in game 2)

So my question for you guys is this....

Do we make any changes to the gameplan even though I felt Pop coached a great game.....Should Barry get more playing time?.....Is it time to limit Elson's minutes?

But really, I think we have the biggest game of our season this monday night

Let's hope we take care of business :fro

oh, and welcome back Manu, we missed you :smokin

T Park
05-12-2007, 11:48 PM
id love to know what "calls" were favored twords the spurs.

Obstructed_View
05-12-2007, 11:49 PM
I'm not willing to concede that the Spurs got a lot of calls. Amare leads the league in fouls, folks. It's not a coincidence that he's spent time on the bench. He made a ton of stupid choices against great offensive players. Duncan could have gone to the line an extra dozen times easy.

E20
05-12-2007, 11:49 PM
Let's let this win sink in.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-12-2007, 11:50 PM
id love to know what "calls" were favored twords the spurs.

lots of stuff, nash got fouled by bowen - no call

duncan got away with a lot of shit on amare

I'm not saying we won b/c of the refs at all, we hit all the big shots down the stretch, turned up our D, and Manu finally got going.

I'm just saying, even with the expected homecourt bias from the refs, the Suns got screwed over a bit

But that's not the issue, I'm more concerned with how our team respond to game 4

Tons of Suns fans on their boards are clamoring for double teams on timmy.

If that's the case 3-1 looks mighty good :toast

aaronstampler
05-12-2007, 11:50 PM
Limit Elson's minutes? Dude played 8 minutes, how much more can we limit them? I do agree that Brent can play a bit more though. Maybe give him Vaughn's time and let Manu run backup point.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-12-2007, 11:52 PM
Limit Elson's minutes? Dude played 8 minutes, how much more can we limit them? I do agree that Brent can play a bit more though. Maybe give him Vaughn's time and let Manu run backup point.

i used to love Elson, rooted for him hard, and while I obviously want him to do well, he just feels like a complete liability out there. If we had to play a center I'd much rather give his minutes to Bonner, but I don't think Bonner is even considered for the rotation at this point.

I think barry should take vaughn's minutes, or at least half of them coupled with his own

Slippy
05-12-2007, 11:54 PM
Keep utilizing the pic'n' roll between Duncan and Manu. Phoenix had no answer for it.

This could also depend on the combos on the court , i have to watch the game again.

T Park
05-12-2007, 11:55 PM
What about Kurt Thomas abusing duncan ever time down.

What about Tony Parker getting abused everytime driving to the paint?

What about Thomas and Diaw and others moving on every single pick and roll?

errrr........................................

Guess those were bent twords the spurs too :rolleyes

Obstructed_View
05-12-2007, 11:55 PM
lots of stuff, nash got fouled by bowen - no call

duncan got away with a lot of shit on amare
Duncan got hit and held on at least five of his shots in the post and was goaltended once, Ginobili got smacked in the eye, Parker got knocked down on at least two layup attempts and Amare initiated the contact that Horry got whistled for trying to accentuate. The Suns' bigs also move their feet on screens.

Deuce. Your serve.

ducks
05-12-2007, 11:56 PM
lets party

BigBeezie
05-12-2007, 11:56 PM
I think that Pop should obviously change it up some. I think his lack of bench usage hurts us sometimes. I haven't see any of Bonner and no James White. I once heard a quote, "don't expect them to be ready if they don't play." I think that applies right now. This is the longer part of the season, so ALL of our guys need to play at some point.

T Park
05-12-2007, 11:57 PM
Amare initiated the contact that Horry got whistled for trying to accentuate.

god, that was really a patheticly horrible call.

T Park
05-12-2007, 11:58 PM
I think that Pop should obviously change it up some. I think his lack of bench usage hurts us sometimes. I haven't see any of Bonner and no James White. I once heard a quote, "don't expect them to be ready if they don't play." I think that applies right now. This is the longer part of the season, so ALL of our guys need to play at some point.

wtf?

what planet do you live on?

James White?!?!?

Obstructed_View
05-13-2007, 12:00 AM
god, that was really a patheticly horrible call.
Horry got caught, though. It's like trying to frame a guilty guy. If nothing else, it prevented Amare from being alone under the basket, so it's a good foul.

ducks
05-13-2007, 12:01 AM
I suppose you think beno needs to see the floor

Obstructed_View
05-13-2007, 12:01 AM
what planet do you live on?
A planet called "Regular Season".

Amuseddaysleeper
05-13-2007, 12:02 AM
I don't wanna turn this into a reff thread, I probably shouldn't have even said anything, but I just hope this team takes that championship step in game 4 and seals the deal

SAtown
05-13-2007, 12:19 AM
I haven't see any of Bonner

I guess you didn't watch game 2. He wasn't exactly the savior

Gros Membres!
05-13-2007, 12:28 AM
I've been saying this for a week. Barry hit a shot tonight but cannot play a lick of defense against the Suns. I think we'll ultimately have to live with Pop balancing Barry's minutes with Vaughn this series.

Pop OFits
05-13-2007, 12:32 AM
Move the ball and move their feet for 48 minutes.

aaronstampler
05-13-2007, 12:43 AM
I think Pop might have to seriously think about an 8 man rotation. Cut out Vaughn and maybe Elson too. One guy I'd like to see get a look is Bonner. Let's give him Elson's 10 minutes and see what happens. Maybe he can draw out Amare and knock down a couple shots.

L.I.T
05-13-2007, 12:49 AM

So, is this your first post-season? Just curious, because typically when you're trying to win a game, you don't play your scrubs. This is post-season playoff ball. Idiot.

Vingianx
05-13-2007, 12:49 AM
too bad barry was the one that started the run with his first 3pointer