PDA

View Full Version : Dampier flames out

Rummpd
11-24-2004, 11:05 PM
Some stud for Dallas. No worries for Spurs on this over-hyped big for them.

Contract year over = 1 point, 4 boards while Malik off the bench alone = 6 and 6.

Perhaps Dampier is the Candy Man revisited!

MadDoc

ducks
11-24-2004, 11:06 PM
he needs nash

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-24-2004, 11:07 PM
I need him! I'm going up against LJ this week in FSP1.

Manu20
11-24-2004, 11:12 PM
Dallas really overpaid for Dampier. I think it is around 6yr 60 million and only gives them 1 point and 4 rebounds tonight thats horrible.

Useruser666
11-25-2004, 01:09 AM
He was just damp.

T Park
11-25-2004, 01:48 AM
I thought Rasho was the most overpaid Center int he league according to the experts here.

Interesting.

Also Rasho played almost half the minutes, and still kicked his ass.

Sorry Hatas.

Nesterovic > Dampier

samikeyp
11-25-2004, 01:49 AM
Dampier got his big contract...he is done working.

Kori Ellis
11-25-2004, 01:51 AM
He will never able to fit in with the Mavs style. I said that when they picked him up. He can't play an uptempo, perimeter-dominated game and the Mavs can't play any other way.

It's just not a good fit.

T Park
11-25-2004, 01:54 AM
Its not just that Kori, a guy can not fit in, but give a shit.

He just didnt give a shit out there tonight.

He didnt fight for rebounding, he didnt go to the hole, he never called for the ball.

Rasho even pushed him around.

RASHO PUSHED HIM AROUND A LITTLE!!! COME THE FUCK ON.

I like Rasho and all, be hes no Kevin Willis.

Dampier is along the lines of Jaren Jackson.

Contract year, big year, big contract, big stiff.

Other than rebounding and blocking shots?

What can this guy do?

He cant hit a jump shot to save his life, his post game is OK, and his rebounding position is horrible.

Kori Ellis
11-25-2004, 01:56 AM
I'm not particularly talking about his game tonight. He's coming off an injury so I didn't expect much at all from him. But I'm just saying, in general, he can't play on a team like the Mavs.

T Park
11-25-2004, 02:00 AM
No he cant.

But, remember, take also something else, big contract.

Im sorry, but I said it all this summer, give him a big contract and hell let you down with zero effort and whatever else.

Issac Austin = Erick Dampier

Kori Ellis
11-25-2004, 02:03 AM
He's had games of 18 rebounds, 15 rebounds, 13 rebounds, etc already this season. So it's not like he's always lazy. But he's never going to do well in Dallas unless Nelly is gone.

T Park
11-25-2004, 02:39 AM
who were those games against??

I agree, as long as Don Nelson is there, he is like a Stephen Jackson somewhat.

He needs someone to rip his ass and stay on him to keep him in line.

Jack didnt have that in Indiana this year and look at he results.

Rummpd
11-25-2004, 09:34 AM
Dallas and the Kings will always be the most disappointing collections of talent around (except perhaps, the former Blazers). Something is always missing and Dampier is not the missing piece. I also don't believe the hype on all of Dallas's young guns except perhaps for Harris, who was extremely under-rated (ala Wade) coming out of Wisconsin. Several good games does not a career make.

MadDoc

MadDoc

Duff McCartney
11-25-2004, 09:40 AM
Dampier is a scrub, plain and simple. I said that when they first got him that he is the most overrated player in the league, especially by Mavs fans. He was getting abused yesterday and probably will keep getting abused. 50 million dollars for 1 point. Jeez, guys gotta be the luckiest SOB around.

But it's not like people were actually expecting him to do anything.

Jimcs50
11-25-2004, 10:27 AM
Dampier was very good at O rebounding at GS, but at Dallas, his O rebs will suffer because of their propensity to take the long jumpshots which tend to rebound away from the basket. Dampier is not a good outside shooter, he is a post player, so unless they change their offense, he will not score more than the 8-9 pt/game he is now. Dampier would be a great fit at SA however, anyone who knows anything about bball would know that. Rasho would fit in at Dallas better than Eric does, so we should just trade players.

ducks
11-25-2004, 10:31 AM
if nelson left and pop went to the mavs
dampier would be more effective

but to bad for mavs fans pop is not going to do that

cuban will fire nelson from coaching this season

cuban told nelson to slow the pace down and dump it to the big man and he said he would get him a big and he did.

ata
11-25-2004, 10:32 AM
I thought Rasho was the most overpaid Center int he league according to the experts here.

Well, most overpaid Center does play for Dallas.
His name is Shawn Bradley: $4.000.000 for 9.7 MPG, 2 RPG, 0.5 BPG and 2.3PPG.

boutons
11-25-2004, 10:54 AM
"who were those games against??"

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/erick_dampier/game_by_game_stats.html

2 10+ RB abberrations aside, the no-desire rap sticks this year as it has apparently in all his non-contract years.

Len

ChumpDumper
11-25-2004, 12:56 PM
Damp is a bad fit in Dallas, as it Bradley. If Nelly stays, he just needs to make Dirk their center and use small ball from the opening tip. Damp is going to get upset by the irregular minutes, just watch.

I will say Rasho did a great job of keeping Damp from establishing his game early when he helped deny Damp on consecutive possessions in the post.