PDA

View Full Version : Manu was lucky!

powerpower
05-13-2007, 09:24 AM
If Marion's fingers were a bit higher he could have done a serious eye injury to manu .....wow scared the heck out me .....

Let's just hope he'll be fine

Does anyone know what would have happened to Marion if he really injured manu's eye....would he get suspension

zrinkill
05-13-2007, 09:25 AM
If Marion's fingers were a bit higher he could have done a serious eye injury to manu .....wow scared the heck out me .....

Let's just hope he'll be fine

Does anyone know what would have happened to Marion if he really injured manu's eye....would he get suspension

Nope it was an accident ..... just like the crotch shot on Nash ..... and the Foot job on Amare.

sa_butta
05-13-2007, 09:26 AM
was the cut from his nails or was it the impact of his finger hitting his eye?

timvp
05-13-2007, 09:26 AM
The Suns are a dirty team and Marion is a dirty player the league needs to look into it :madrun

Seriously though, it was an accident. Marion was going for a steal.

sa_butta
05-13-2007, 09:28 AM
Marion was going for a steal.Yeah, he was trying to steal his eye out of his socket.

Obstructed_View
05-13-2007, 09:30 AM
It was a nasty injury, but there was no intent there. You can't penalize a player just because someone gets hurt, unless it's Joe Johnson hanging on the rim and then cracking his face against the court, in which case you immediately call it a flagrant on the other team, presumably for not catching him.

powerpower
05-13-2007, 09:31 AM
The Suns are a dirty team and Marion is a dirty player the league needs to look into it :madrun

Seriously though, it was an accident. Marion was going for a steal.

I get that but if marion caused manu a serious injury like missing the rest of the playoff ...would have something like suspention be given to marion?

hater
05-13-2007, 09:34 AM
very scary, but it helped us win the game. Manu admitted himself that pissed him off and he went off.

I was pissed myself, I almost break something when it happened

zrinkill
05-13-2007, 09:35 AM
would have something like suspention be given to marion?

?????? Why if their was no intent to injure? seriously man.

Manu played like Manu again after that shot ...... someone needs to punch him in the eye every time he gets in a slump.

spurschick
05-13-2007, 09:36 AM
During his press conference, D'Antoni made comments that sounded like he was going to send his players out to be more "physical" - I realize that it was a typical comment, but the way he said it just didn't sound right.

SA210
05-13-2007, 09:39 AM
During his press conference, D'Antoni made comments that sounded like he was going to send his players out to be more "physical" - I realize that it was a typical comment, but the way he said it just didn't sound right.
Yup, I got the same feeling.

zrinkill
05-13-2007, 09:42 AM
Good ..... the Spurs always respond when another team does that.

GrandeDavid
05-13-2007, 09:43 AM
No Suns fans in this thread, I'm guessing their tale is between their legs thanks to Amare's very hollow, childish finger pointing and sobbing about Bruce and Manu.

I have yet to hear on Spurs or coach complain in this series...or any other, for that matter.

TheTruth
05-13-2007, 09:44 AM
Let them be more physical. It'll take them out of their game, and get Amare into more foul trouble. Bring it.

Pistons < Spurs
05-13-2007, 10:00 AM
Yeah, he's definitely going to let the dogs loose next game. All the better. Have the Spurs practice their flopping skills abit, and get the Suns in some seriously early foul trouble. Maybe Raja and Amare will get ejected! Screw D'Antoni and his 'we'll play that way too' BS.

Obstructed_View
05-13-2007, 10:05 AM
I get that but if marion caused manu a serious injury like missing the rest of the playoff ...would have something like suspention be given to marion?
No, no, no. It was not intentional. Should Tony Parker have sat out the end of game 1 just because it was his head that Nash smashed his nose into? Sometimes guys get hurt during the game. This isn't Juwan Howard on Derek Anderson.

beirmeistr
05-13-2007, 11:03 AM
D'Antoni's a sore loser. The Suns were very physical in that game. Since they have a very short rotation, their getting even more physical puts them at high risk of playing with too many fouls, like Stoudemire and Thomas did in game 3.

Obstructed_View
05-13-2007, 11:12 AM
Even given their history as a whiny fan base, I'm shocked at how fixated the Suns fans are on officiating. Given that, I'm even more shocked at the coach of the team' seeming inability to stop complaining about the calls he thinks he's not getting.

SpursFanFirst
05-13-2007, 12:08 PM

I agree....scares me a little. I hope no one gets seriously hurt because they're trying to make a point.
I'm really glad Manu is OK because that really could've turned out bad!

Obstructed_View
05-13-2007, 12:10 PM
Knowing D'Antoni, he'll fail to make the adjustment. No need to worry.

aaronstampler
05-13-2007, 12:15 PM
According to Bruce's interview on WOAI, the reason Bell was woofing so much was because of an elbow he alleged Manu hit him with, so I think that match-up is probably where we should look for something ugly to happen like a clothesline or something.

Bell is just crazy enough for me to be worried.

Obstructed_View
05-13-2007, 02:43 PM
It will be the pinnacle of irony for the Suns to complain about cheap shots and resort to one. Didn't we all know that they secretly aspire to be the Mavericks?