PDA

View Full Version : Tim, is this the most phisical series you've been in?

polandprzem
05-13-2007, 12:14 PM
Tim Duncan --->>> :lmao

Jurnalist --->>> will be fired :nerd

:drunk

td4mvp3
05-13-2007, 12:16 PM
actually i was wondering if that would be the next locker room motivation for the suns. just seemed a bit insulting, if i were a suns fan.

lil'mo
05-13-2007, 12:17 PM
it's true though, nene was a beast last series

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-13-2007, 12:22 PM
Tim Duncan --->>> :lmao

Jurnalist --->>> will be fired :nerd

:drunk

I can't tell who it was that asked the question, but I actually think it was a great question.

It got an interview subject who is normally reserved to loosen up a little, engage in some banter with the interviewers and produced an insightful response about Tim's thoughts on Kurt Thomas.

cornbread
05-13-2007, 12:22 PM
His reaction was pretty funny. "Did you watch the last series?"

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-13-2007, 12:25 PM
His reaction was pretty funny. "Did you watch the last series?"

Yep...and if you want to look into it further, most of the Suns' reaction has been about the physical play this series and (from Tim, at least, with this one presser) to the Spurs, this is nothing of the sorts.

SpursWoman
05-13-2007, 12:27 PM
I thought that was one of Duncan's more animated interviews. :tu

FromWayDowntown
05-13-2007, 12:30 PM
Yep...and if you want to look into it further, most of the Suns' reaction has been about the physical play this series and (from Tim, at least, with this one presser) to the Spurs, this is nothing of the sorts.

Yeah, I thought the juxtaposition of Tim's answer against D'Antoni's laments about it being a physical series was rather interesting. D'Antoni seems to think this is more physical than basketball should ever be. I suspect that, for Tim, this doesn't even rank in the top 5-10 series in terms of physicality. After all, Timmy played series against the 1998 Jazz, the 1999 Knicks, the 2003 Lakers, the 2004 Lakers, the 2005 Pistons, the 2006 Mavericks, and the 2007 Nuggets. Throw in the randomly-physical series against the Sonics in 2005 and a couple of others and I can see why Timmy would scoff at the question. While there has been some physical play, certainly, in this series, as a spectator, I don't think this has been remotely as physical as any of those other series.

polandprzem
05-13-2007, 12:30 PM
I ment when Timmy D was laughing lately one of the referees (named Crawford) was fired ... .

:D

Yup - Timmy's respose was :tu
But what is the most interesting is the fact he said Thomas played him realy well and is great defender against him.
Once again -> 33 19

Thank you

If this another motivation to the suns?
Well Spurs got their own. It's playoffs people ! :spin

timvp
05-13-2007, 12:36 PM
This is actually a pretty soft series. There's nothing physical about the Suns outside of Stoudemire attacking the rim. Bell and Thomas are tough defenders, but the Suns frown upon fouls so they aren't overly physical. Bell when he was on Utah was a physical hack of a defender but he's adjusted to the Suns' style.

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-13-2007, 12:38 PM
I ment when Timmy D was laughing lately one of the referees (named Crawford) was fired ... .

:D

Yup - Timmy's respose was :tu
But what is the most interesting is the fact he said Thomas played him realy well and is great defender against him.
Once again -> 33 19

Thank you

If this another motivation to the suns?
Well Spurs got their own. It's playoffs people ! :spin

You forget Game 2.

Phoenix has been taking a huge chance and gone away from the norm with how they're defending Tim and for the most part, Tim is still one of the NBA's greatest players and is exploiting the Suns defensive choices.

If the Suns were doing the norm and doubling earlier and more often, the shooters would be playing a larger part in the games.

If I'm the Suns at this point, I might alter my defensive strategy and start doubling Tim more often and let the shooters see if their shots fall with more regularity.

polandprzem
05-13-2007, 12:49 PM
You forget Game 2.

Phoenix has been taking a huge chance and gone away from the norm with how they're defending Tim and for the most part, Tim is still one of the NBA's greatest players and is exploiting the Suns defensive choices.

If the Suns were doing the norm and doubling earlier and more often, the shooters would be playing a larger part in the games.

If I'm the Suns at this point, I might alter my defensive strategy and start doubling Tim more often and let the shooters see if their shots fall with more regularity.

Well the best thing the Suns can do is sort of help doubling. This is when Tim makes the move towards the basket. Thomas needs an instant help out there. The suns are enough athletic to do this.
The strategy of not doubling Tim now failed. But who said it won't give success in next game? It certanly can.

Game 4 will be curtial. At least I think Amare and Nash will be playing better plus they need barbosa to take off. Frickin dangerous when the Suns will catch the rythm and make stricky shootout. So it's important to have legs on this transition D which in todays basketball is badly important.

Those 4 days off gave the spurs advantage to recover, all in all they are not young anymore.
Now evey game is in every second day, so the war is far from being over. Everybody emember how they were exhausted after 7 game series against mavs? Esp. in overtime.

We still have Horry who can explode :toast

itzsoweezee
05-13-2007, 01:24 PM
actually i was wondering if that would be the next locker room motivation for the suns. just seemed a bit insulting, if i were a suns fan.

i'm pretty sure it was meant to be insulting. the suns are pussies was the implication.

GrandeDavid
05-13-2007, 01:26 PM
I thought it was a brilliant, not so subtle crack on Phoenix for all the bitching they've engaged in.

Obstructed_View
05-13-2007, 02:52 PM
I thought it was a brilliant, not so subtle crack on Phoenix for all the bitching they've engaged in.
Absolutely.

nkdlunch
05-13-2007, 04:19 PM
welcome to the playoffs Phoenix. stop crying.

joeyjfive
05-13-2007, 04:43 PM
Yeah I have been thinking exactly what Timmy was, I hear about all this talk about this being a physical chippy series and I think Denver is fucking 10 times more physical than the Suns. The only reason anyone is saying anything is because all of these accidental fouls. (examples: bruce undercutting amare, manu getting poked in the eye, nash's nose)

crazyfool42
05-13-2007, 04:52 PM
the suns are just whiny, soft, b*tchs....did i mention they are soft?

that question was more of an insult to Tim...if the suns cant handle a physical game then why play a MANS game?

polandprzem
05-13-2007, 05:08 PM
the suns are just whiny, soft, b*tchs....did i mention they are soft?

that question was more of an insult to Tim...if the suns cant handle a physical game then why play a MANS game?

Bullshit

Every team got their own style of play which brings them success or not.

It is not about being phisical = better team.
More phisical team is just more phisical.

All in all the Suns can beat the spurs with their "soft" play, then what?

crazyfool42
05-13-2007, 05:26 PM
Bullshit

Every team got their own style of play which brings them success or not.

It is not about being phisical = better team.
More phisical team is just more phisical.

All in all the Suns can beat the spurs with their "soft" play, then what?

what??? :huh

anyone can win with their style...but in the playoffs its a totally different game. you have to be able to play defense. and defense means being physical. you can't play D without being physical.

how many titles has a "soft" team won the last decade? 0

Bulls, Spurs, fakers, Pistons.....hmm i dont ever recall any of them being "soft". hell you can go back 20 years....

and when did i say being physical=best team?
if a team doesnt like a certain style of play they need to adjust and stop complaining about it. the suns need to just shutup and play some ball.

polandprzem
05-13-2007, 05:38 PM
Ok all I wanted to know is why it's an insult to Tim?

btw. Even the spurs are complaining too much sometimes.
But I do agree - I hate it. Just play the ball !

btw. what does soft means? The spurs used to be called soft team.
Now they are dirty boring floppers

crazyfool42
05-13-2007, 05:56 PM
its all cool.
what i meant it was an insult to tim in asking him that question. everyone knows he has been in more physical games. why even ask such a dumb question.

soft to me means being afraid of contact and backing down from your opponent. . it also means being mentally weak.
thats why when the spurs play like crap pop calls them out to make them play better and harder.
soft can mean a lot of things but i can tell you the spurs are anything but soft.

look at dirk for example...does he like guarding guys like duncan or shaq. no way he is afraid of guarding them. he knows they are more physical and will beat up on him. even stephen jackson beat up on him vs golden state.

TD never backed down from guarding shaq in his prime...

jbspurs
05-13-2007, 06:02 PM
Suns team are just not used to the word "DEFENSE", They don't know to play it and don't know how to play against it!

Obstructed_View
05-13-2007, 06:18 PM
David Robinson never backed down from anything, was in the top two or three in free throw attempts almost every year, and was called soft.

polandprzem
05-13-2007, 06:59 PM
its all cool.
what i meant it was an insult to tim in asking him that question. everyone knows he has been in more physical games. why even ask such a dumb question.

soft to me means being afraid of contact and backing down from your opponent. . it also means being mentally weak.
thats why when the spurs play like crap pop calls them out to make them play better and harder.
soft can mean a lot of things but i can tell you the spurs are anything but soft.

look at dirk for example...does he like guarding guys like duncan or shaq. no way he is afraid of guarding them. he knows they are more physical and will beat up on him. even stephen jackson beat up on him vs golden state.

TD never backed down from guarding shaq in his prime...

Ok but well Dirk is not capable of guarding TD and it's not mental. It's the physic

btw. I'm hungry

jmard5
05-13-2007, 10:24 PM
Yeah, I thought the juxtaposition of Tim's answer against D'Antoni's laments about it being a physical series was rather interesting. D'Antoni seems to think this is more physical than basketball should ever be. I suspect that, for Tim, this doesn't even rank in the top 5-10 series in terms of physicality. After all, Timmy played series against the 1998 Jazz, the 1999 Knicks, the 2003 Lakers, the 2004 Lakers, the 2005 Pistons, the 2006 Mavericks, and the 2007 Nuggets. Throw in the randomly-physical series against the Sonics in 2005 and a couple of others and I can see why Timmy would scoff at the question. While there has been some physical play, certainly, in this series, as a spectator, I don't think this has been remotely as physical as any of those other series.

It can also be noted that Duncan even played injured in some of those series.

timmydidit
05-13-2007, 10:32 PM
his response was priceless

Behrooz24
05-14-2007, 12:20 AM
Heres the clip btw: http://www.woai.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=396193