PDA

View Full Version : Spurs have homecourt advantage throughout playoffs.

Mavs<Spurs
05-13-2007, 12:42 PM
Spurs now have homecourt advantage throughout the playoffs.

Unfortunately, against the Suns and against the Pistons this is not a decisive advantage, imo. In fact, it is almost a nonfactor. (For example, our road game winning percentage is about the same as our home game winning percentage. We have only lost 1 road game. We only lost 1 home game). The same is true for the other remaining good teams: Pistons and the Suns.

Not afraid to write the obvious.

Just waiting for the Warriors game after the next beating that the Pistons hand out. That second half was just brutal in game 3.

TampaDude
05-13-2007, 01:37 PM
They have HCA...unless they lose Game 4...but they won't...GO SPURS GO!!!

Russ
05-13-2007, 01:44 PM
Spurs now have homecourt advantage throughout the playoffs.

They've had it for exactly a week now. :)

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-13-2007, 01:57 PM
It'd be nice if the Spurs win this WCSF series first.

Obstructed_View
05-13-2007, 02:04 PM
HCA in the finals isn't necessarily an advantage against the only team in the history of the 2-3-2 format to sweep their three home games.

Russ
05-13-2007, 02:13 PM
HCA in the finals isn't necessarily an advantage against the only team in the history of the 2-3-2 format to sweep their three home games.
Would that be the Pistons in '04 against the Lakers?

1Parker1
05-13-2007, 02:17 PM
Umm, Spurs could very easily lose it in Game 4...they have to come out ready for that one.

Pistons, Suns, even Golden State and Utah are all good enough to steal games on the road.

Obstructed_View
05-13-2007, 02:39 PM
Would that be the Pistons in '04 against the Lakers?
Yep. Lose one of the first two to the Pistons and watch the pressure go through the roof. That group knows they can win all three.

Bruno
05-13-2007, 02:54 PM

You forget Miami last year.

Obstructed_View
05-13-2007, 02:56 PM
Shit. I did. I still credit that more to the Mavs than the Heat. No, I just forgot.

Russ
05-13-2007, 04:25 PM

Last year? I think I must have missed the playoffs last year. They seemed to end in May.

Was there a strike after that? Just can't recall . . .

nkdlunch
05-13-2007, 04:28 PM
I predict we WILL lose a homegame sooner or later so this doesn't really matter.

T Park
05-13-2007, 05:10 PM
It'd be nice if the Spurs win this WCSF series first.

i thought the exact same thing last night, not being comfortable up 10 with a minute and a half left in the darn game.

Mavs<Spurs
05-13-2007, 09:44 PM
They've had it for exactly a week now. :)

Right.

You think maybe there's a reason why I wrote that "I wasn't afraid to state the obvious"? Could it be that I wrote that it was obvious because it was well known by this point, with one of the reasons that it is well known being that it occurred after game one?

If I was acting like I was posted some brand new insight that nobody else had then you might have a point, even if you are being rude for no reason.

Read the post and think before you post, especially if you are going to call yourself a "sage". Literacy rate in this country is pretty bad when even "sages" are unable to interact intelligently with text better than this.

spurs1990
05-13-2007, 10:57 PM
Hate to bring it up, the Spurs had HCA in 2006 from the get-go.

HC means dick right now as this team is capable of losing at home and winning on the road against any of the remaining teams. I think it was 03 or 04 when SA went 38-3 at home...that was special.