PDA

View Full Version : Amare Stoudamire's New Nickname

GSH
05-13-2007, 03:11 PM
Remember when Amare Stoudamire gave himself the nickname "STAT"? (What kind of idiot gives himself a nickname?) He said it stood for "Standing Tall And Talented". He needs a new nickname, more in line with what he has earned on and off the court. How about one of these?

Sitting Over Foul Trouble - (SOFT) Factual, but maybe he isn't really SOFT. So how about

Bad Ass But Young - (BABY) Good player, but cricial mistakes and comments to the press hurt the team. He has definitely acted like a BABY recently. But Amare probably won't get smarter as he grows up, and I'm to lazy to think up words that fit the nickname STUPID. So maybe

Sometimes He Imagines Things. (SHIT) Too harsh? Okay then, I like

Long Overdue Sun Earns Ridicule. (LOSER) If Amare really is the new prototype for centers in the NBA, playing for the most talented team, he shouldn't be getting bitch-slapped by Tim Duncan. He should be standing tall and talented, instead of whining about Bruce Bowen. Regardless of his talent level, the STATs say he's a LOSER.

sunsbum
05-13-2007, 03:13 PM
who doesnt tim duncan bitchslap?

AnkleBreaker21
05-13-2007, 03:16 PM
shit i would take amare over elson anyday:lol:lol:lol

cornbread
05-13-2007, 03:17 PM
In other news, 1 plus 1 equals 2.

GrandeDavid
05-13-2007, 03:34 PM
Stoudewhiner is what I'll forever call him.

ATXSPUR
05-13-2007, 03:37 PM

heck I would take shawn bradley over elson anyday

GrandeDavid
05-13-2007, 03:38 PM

Hell, I would give MYSELF a better shot at manning the post than Elson, and I'm white and 6'3" and two days away from jumper's knee surgery (seriously).

Deede4525
05-13-2007, 03:44 PM
[/FONT]

OMG! I'd take Earl Boykins for center before Shawn Bradley! :p:

AnkleBreaker21
05-13-2007, 03:47 PM
bring back d-rob,twin towers again baby

nkdlunch
05-13-2007, 04:30 PM
how about "pussy"

fraga
05-13-2007, 04:31 PM
How bout Stouda-Pussy...

word
05-13-2007, 04:34 PM
Amore Studawina

Amare Stoudcrier
05-13-2007, 04:34 PM
Stoudewhiner is what I'll forever call him.

That's kinda harsh, man.

Scumbag
05-13-2007, 04:35 PM
His dad gave him the nickname before he died.

I read it in some espn article.

sa_butta
05-13-2007, 04:49 PM
In addition, 1 plus 1 still equals 2.FIXED.

ForeignFan
05-13-2007, 05:05 PM
stoudamoron

bonesinaz
05-13-2007, 05:15 PM
"70"......for his IQ

shelshor
05-13-2007, 05:38 PM
"Dumb & Dirty"

Kori Ellis
05-13-2007, 05:45 PM
It's Stoudemire. And y'all are pretty harsh. Amare might be a little young and dumb, but he's pretty awesome.

ChumpDumper
05-13-2007, 05:47 PM
Poutemire is the worst I can call the guy.

GrandeDavid
05-13-2007, 05:48 PM
My guess is that most of us are just joking around and having fun.

Kori Ellis
05-13-2007, 05:48 PM

Calling someone N---er is having fun?

I guess to you, but not to me.

bonesinaz
05-13-2007, 05:49 PM

Exactly, except for mine, I meant it. :fro

Obstructed_View
05-13-2007, 05:50 PM

Um, one guy did that. You did your job and cleaned it up. Don't lump everyone else in.

Kori Ellis
05-13-2007, 05:51 PM
Um, one guy did that. You did your job and cleaned it up. Don't lump everyone else in.

Umm... 3 different posters said it. All of which have been banned.

ChumpDumper
05-13-2007, 05:55 PM
Using that word and being a basketball fan doesn't compute.

GrandeDavid
05-13-2007, 05:56 PM

I did not read N---er. And I believe I said "most" of us. Obviously anyone using such a hateful term is trying to antagonize and, therefore, NOT having fun.

So you guessed wrong if you think I would enjoy a derrogatory remark like that.

Kori Ellis
05-13-2007, 05:59 PM
Well my post saying, y'all are harsh (which you quoted) was referencing the 3 N word posts and the multiple "pussy" type comments. Those type of posts are not having fun to me and don't really belong here.

Amare obviously is wary of his past injury and is worried about getting hurt and thus caused an uproar thinking Bowen was trying to hurt him. But I think all the attacking of his character and skills is pretty harsh. He seems to be a good guy - had a really rough time coming up, similar to Bowen. He might not be incredibly bright, but he's damn talented.

Obstructed_View
05-13-2007, 06:16 PM
Umm... 3 different posters said it. All of which have been banned.
Then leave the posts up so people know what you are talking about. I saw exactly one post saying that before it was deleted.

atxrocker
05-13-2007, 06:17 PM
That the guy is putting up such big numbers after such a big surgury is pretty damn impressive if you ask me. pretty fucking impressive.

fraga
05-13-2007, 06:18 PM
I know I made the comment because he seems to be whining and crying and making a big deal about how our guys play "dirty" when infact members of his own team, which were pretty apparent, are just as "dirty". The Spurs know it, but you don't seem them crying to the media. They just roll with it and play the game.

Deb
05-13-2007, 08:41 PM
Well my post saying, y'all are harsh (which you quoted) was referencing the 3 N word posts and the multiple "pussy" type comments. Those type of posts are not having fun to me and don't really belong here.

Amare obviously is wary of his past injury and is worried about getting hurt and thus caused an uproar thinking Bowen was trying to hurt him. But I think all the attacking of his character and skills is pretty harsh. He seems to be a good guy - had a really rough time coming up, similar to Bowen. He might not be incredibly bright, but he's damn talented.
I agree that the N thing should never, ever be posted, but outside of that, most of what I have read here is just "good natured, love our Spurs" type stuff. Maybe we should all chill?

GSH
05-13-2007, 09:52 PM
With respect, some of the comments are inevitible when a guy nicknames himself STAT, and then announces it to the world. He brought it on himself. (Dropping and doing push-ups when he dunked the ball was sort of an invitation for comments too.) I think Bowen's comment was dead-on when he said that the only person he knows in sports who could talk and then back it up was Muhammed Ali. If you want to talk like that, you should expect to hear about it when you fall short.

This week he announced to the media that he knew he got kicked during the game, but controlled himself rather than risk getting a technical or an ejection. (The ejection, presumably, because he would have kicked Bowen's ass if he got started?) So when it turns out that there was no kick for him to remember, the comments are, once again, inevitible.

It's one thing to be concerned about his injured knee...but openly calling another player dirty to national media? It's over the top. And it shouldn't be down-played by saying "he's just young", or "Amare is entitled to feel the way he feels". Bowen makes his living on the defensive end of the floor. If someone accuses a surgeon of being incompetent, or a policeman of being corrupt, it leaves a lasting impression - especially if the comment were to be given the credibility of national publication. (And in many cases, support.) I'll say it again...Stoudamire brought it on himself.

As for Amare being "awesome" - so what? (Tracy McGrady is awesome too. He said it would "be on him" if the Rockets failed to make it out of the first round this year, and he had to pay for it when they failed.) The racial slurs have no place here, or anywhere else. But making fun of the nickname STAT and the non-existend kick? It would be a shame not to after Amare went to all the trouble of earning it.

jaffies
05-13-2007, 11:19 PM
Remember when Amare Stoudamire gave himself the nickname "STAT"? (What kind of idiot gives himself a nickname?) He said it stood for "Standing Tall And Talented".

STAT: Severely tender achilles tendon
STAT: Spurs took Amare's testicles
STAT: Sobbing time after time
STAT: Stoudemire tries avoiding Tim
STAtT: Stoudemire travels all the time
STAT: Stop the attack, Tim
STAT: Spending time admiring Tim
STAT: Shit! Timmy always triumphs!
STAoT: Standing terribly absent of talent

I could go on forever

Chris
05-14-2007, 12:44 AM
With respect, some of the comments are inevitible when a guy nicknames himself STAT, and then announces it to the world. He brought it on himself. (Dropping and doing push-ups when he dunked the ball was sort of an invitation for comments too.) I think Bowen's comment was dead-on when he said that the only person he knows in sports who could talk and then back it up was Muhammed Ali. If you want to talk like that, you should expect to hear about it when you fall short.

This week he announced to the media that he knew he got kicked during the game, but controlled himself rather than risk getting a technical or an ejection. (The ejection, presumably, because he would have kicked Bowen's ass if he got started?) So when it turns out that there was no kick for him to remember, the comments are, once again, inevitible.

It's one thing to be concerned about his injured knee...but openly calling another player dirty to national media? It's over the top. And it shouldn't be down-played by saying "he's just young", or "Amare is entitled to feel the way he feels". Bowen makes his living on the defensive end of the floor. If someone accuses a surgeon of being incompetent, or a policeman of being corrupt, it leaves a lasting impression - especially if the comment were to be given the credibility of national publication. (And in many cases, support.) I'll say it again...Stoudamire brought it on himself.

As for Amare being "awesome" - so what? (Tracy McGrady is awesome too. He said it would "be on him" if the Rockets failed to make it out of the first round this year, and he had to pay for it when they failed.) The racial slurs have no place here, or anywhere else. But making fun of the nickname STAT and the non-existend kick? It would be a shame not to after Amare went to all the trouble of earning it.

good post :tu

WalterBenitez
05-14-2007, 06:23 AM
BITCH sounds perfect for me

MadDog73
05-14-2007, 09:15 AM
Amare and Nash are going to have much better games tonight.

In fact, I want Amare and Nash to play their best games tonight.

I expect the Spurs to win, but I think it will be the closest game in the series so far.

MajorMike
05-14-2007, 09:19 AM
I used to think Amare was a boy's name.

RonMexico
05-14-2007, 08:47 PM
It's Stoudemire with an 'e'

Spell his first name right before attempting to give him another.

Scumbag
05-14-2007, 09:52 PM
STAT: Standing tall and talented.

His dad gave him the nickname before he died.

(sorry about the repost but some of you are just plain retarded)

Fernando TD21
05-15-2007, 02:13 AM
According to Pop, it should be STATBY: Standing Tall and Talented But Young :p: .