PDA

View Full Version : I'm praying the Warriors pull it out....

mikekim
05-14-2007, 04:30 AM
Because Utah scares the shit out of me. Boozer, Okur, and Millsap will pound Duncan mercilessly and pound all of us on the boards to no end...

Deron Williams on Parker (although bowen will probably take williams)?? oh geez...AK on Manu?? man...

I am not in any way, shape, or form saying Utah will beat us. But it will be tough, tough, tough....and will wear us down for what will probably be Detroit in the finals (who will coast in there...I'm also prayin' for Cavs to make it to the finals...)

Looks ugly guys...Suns think this series is physical?? If they lose, they should look at the jazz-spurs western conf. finals...it'll be a bruiser (or a Boozer..ha! yeah i know...)....

mavsfan1000
05-14-2007, 04:34 AM
It won't matter what the jazz do. Suns win in 7.

Buddy Holly
05-14-2007, 05:09 AM
The Jazz??? :lol :lol :lol :lol

TDMVPDPOY
05-14-2007, 05:14 AM
u lack hatred

The_Game
05-14-2007, 05:23 AM
The Jazz??? :lol :lol :lol :lol

Why are you laughing? the Jazz are a nightmare match-up for the Spurs. Even if spurs win they are so damn psyical and rough that they will beat the Spurs up pretty badly which will hurt them in the finals.

mikekim
05-14-2007, 06:00 AM
Why are you laughing? the Jazz are a nightmare match-up for the Spurs. Even if spurs win they are so damn psyical and rough that they will beat the Spurs up pretty badly which will hurt them in the finals.

My point exactly. Geez, you try to make a point in here and all you get is a line of laughing smiley faces.

Dalamar_the_Dark
05-14-2007, 06:00 AM
Im not too worried about the Jazz in terms of matchups. Deron Williams does not matchup well with Parker. Force Williams to defend Parker and he will get into foul trouble cause he cant keep up with TParker. If we slow Williams down, Boozer will get less looks. Force Boozer to defend Duncan by attacking Okur early and get him into foul trouble. Okur cant defend Duncan and neither can Boozer if Duncan brings his A game.

If Spurs go small, then its the Jazz that has to worry about matchups, not the Spurs. You are forgetting that Bowen can guard almost anyone that plays from the 1-4 position. The Jazz dont have enough players to guard our smalls. Jazz will make it physical but they dont stand a chance.

Suns vs Spurs is the Western Finals imho.

Buddy Holly
05-14-2007, 06:28 AM

The Jazz aren't anything to take lightly but this:
Utah scares the shit out of me. is why I'm laughing.

No series is a push over series however, I doubt the Jazz will be 1/8 as rough as Denver was.

I ain't scared of shit.

ponky
05-14-2007, 06:35 AM

Yup, I see the Spurs pulling out a series win over the Jazz in the WCF (even though I have a Spurs friend who see the Jazz as winning, wtf?!?!?) but the Spurs will get banged up playing the Jazz and that's not good for the Finals...when they meet the Pistons who are on cruise control with a tiny pebble in the road here and there.

ploto
05-14-2007, 07:05 AM
The thing about the Jazz is that they execute better than just about anyone- especially at the end of games.

Texas_Ranger
05-14-2007, 07:18 AM
I would also like that GST goes in the conference finals, not that I'm scared of Utah but just because I like them more.

tmtcsc
05-14-2007, 07:45 AM
Let's beat the Suns first.

Bruno
05-14-2007, 07:59 AM
First, the serie against Suns is far from being over. FYI, the serie record for teams in Spurs case (up 2-1 without HCA) is only 52-29.

Second, Jazz aren't at all a bad matchup for Spurs. Bowen will owned Williams, Fisher is a quite easy matchup for Parker. AK47 main quality is help defense but he won't be able to do it a lot because he will defend shooters like Bowen and Finley. If Spurs bigs do a decent job on Boozer/Okur and aren't outrebounded by a large margin, it should be a quite easy serie.

Jimcs50
05-14-2007, 08:05 AM
Did the Spurs already knock out Phoenix???? Where was I when this happened???

GrandeDavid
05-14-2007, 08:06 AM
I hope that San Antonio can find a way to get by Phoenix. First thing's first.

texasqb2
05-14-2007, 08:18 AM
Yes Phoenix is the challenge right now, but let's face it, if we get by the Suns in all reality I am just happy we are facing some other team than the team who nearly won 70 games. I like us to beat any team, period.

MajorMike
05-14-2007, 08:21 AM
My point exactly. Geez, you try to make a point in here and all you get is a line of laughing smiley faces.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

nkdlunch
05-14-2007, 09:18 AM
stupid jinx forum

ATXSPUR
05-14-2007, 09:22 AM
ummmm....a joke right??? I am not scared of any team who has a lead player in tears after losing a game.

but let us focus on the suns first.

Budkin
05-14-2007, 11:05 AM
If we manage to get past the Suns it's going to be a tough matchup against the Jazz. But at least we are not playing the Mavs... they were by far our toughest matchup this season.

itzsoweezee
05-14-2007, 11:51 AM
yeah, the jazz are a tough matchup. they're basically good at every position and bigger too. their bench sucks, comparatively though.

timvp
05-14-2007, 11:53 AM
The Suns scare the ish out of me.

spursfan09
05-14-2007, 11:55 AM
You have to beat the best to be the best. Bring them all on! Nobody can stop Tim right now it seems.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-14-2007, 11:58 AM
The Jazz aren't anything to take lightly but this: is why I'm laughing.

No series is a push over series however, I doubt the Jazz will be 1/8 as rough as Denver was.

I ain't scared of shit.

Stick to urban housing, Buddy Holly.

If you don't see any difficulties on the horizon with two Spurs killers - Fisher and Okur - on the same team, you haven't been paying attention.

LEONARD
05-14-2007, 12:02 PM
overlooking the Suns = JINX

thispego
05-14-2007, 12:05 PM
dont worry, buddy holly doesnt know shit

TDMVPDPOY
warriors double dip man :D:D

Buddy Holly
Stick to urban housing, Buddy Holly.

If you don't see any difficulties on the horizon with two Spurs killers - Fisher and Okur - on the same team, you haven't been paying attention.

Where did I downplay those two or the team. I said they're no push overs all I did was laugh at him saying they scare the shit out of him and I said they won't be 1/8th as physical and rough as the Nuggets were, you know Nene, Camby, Carmelo.

fitzgerald
05-14-2007, 12:19 PM
Where did I downplay those two or the team. I said they're no push overs all I did was laugh at him saying they scare the shit out of him and I said they won't be 1/8th as physical and rough as the Nuggets were, you know Nene, Camby, Carmelo.

Who says Carmelo is physical? Jazz will be a lot more physical than Denver. Jerry Sloan teams are tough as nails. They have the same style as San Antonio. Good defense and half court offenses. They will run if you want to. While Parker is faster than Deron, he is not stronger. Deron could muscle Parker around. Considering the fact everyone thought GS was on a mission, Jazz have handled business. I am impressed. Still favor San Antonio based on experience.

peskypesky
05-14-2007, 12:23 PM
I ain't afraid of Utah. Not at all. The Suns, now, they still worry me. Nash is demon who clearly sold his soul to the Devil to get those skillz.

SRJ
05-14-2007, 01:20 PM
(assuming we advance)

Why worry about it? Yes, the Jazz are a tough team - it's the freaking Western Conference Finals; it's supposed to be tough. And the likely NBA Finals opponent, the Detroit Pistons, would be even tougher.

The tough championships are the most meaningful. 2005 was the best championship of the three because of the struggle. Denver beat us up, Seattle put on a tough fight, (OK, Phoenix more or less rolled over), and Detroit threw the kitchen sink at us. The other two championships seemed to be a good deal easier - I know the first one was.

Bring on the Jazz, the Pistons, anybody. For a championship, it's worth it.

Supergirl
05-14-2007, 02:10 PM
Utah is surprising me. I didn't predict them to make it past Houston, once they wound up in a game 7 situation on the road. And I thought GS would blow right past them to at least make it a 7 game series, but now I think Utah will close it out early.

BUT, keep in mind this, although Utah is clearly a lot tougher than they seemed like they would be, they have never had to guard anyone even close to Duncan's caliber in the paint. He's more athletic and strong than Yao, and he's 3 inches taller than Boozer, and he's faster than Okur. They will all make him work, but no more than Amare and Kurt Thomas are, and we see how he's handled them.

Also, Utah has a clear problem winning on the road - the win last night was just their second win on the road, with the last one coming in game SEVEN of the series. SA will have HCA, and they can also win on the road, esp in Utah.

But, let's not get ahead of ourselves. First, we have to finish off Phoenix.

bdictjames
05-14-2007, 02:21 PM
Let's beat the Suns first.

spursreport
05-14-2007, 02:25 PM
IF we beat the Suns, I agree Utah wont be easy. But the Rockets and Warriors were in position to put the Jazz away and couldnt because of their pathetic execution late in games. They are very beatable but it wont be easy by any means. We cant beg for an easy road. We play who we play. If anything IF we win this current series, the Jazz will really prepare us for a possible finals matchup with the Pistons. Banged up going to the finals woulf be a BULLSHIT excuse for getting eliminated. This is the playoffs and your professionals. Suck it up and play ball. It is not soposed to be easy.

LavaLamp
05-14-2007, 02:42 PM

I agree. A Jazz-Spurs match will be intense and a bruiser or bone-breaker. The Pistons must be rooting for that matchup. In an ironic twist, this intense battling between Western conference teams gives the less talented East teams a better chance to win the finals.

florige
05-14-2007, 03:10 PM
I'm not worried about either one of those teams. We get by Phx we are a shoe-in for the finals. Thats unless we get relaxed like we sometimes do. I haven't even been following the GS series as much as when they played Dallas. I'm more concerned about Phx right now.

picnroll
05-14-2007, 03:25 PM
Anybody still worried about the Nugs?