05-14-2007, 09:35 AM
http://www.acb.com/redaccion.php?id=39757

:clap

ducks
05-14-2007, 09:39 AM
good increase his trade value

TDMVPDPOY
05-14-2007, 09:40 AM
why doesnt he pull a VC tantrum sit out or trade me/buy me out!!!

spurschick
05-14-2007, 09:54 AM
:toast

GrandeDavid
05-14-2007, 09:59 AM
I'm sick of hearing about this guy over in Europe. Bring him over this summer, damnit. Or trade him. Damn.

alamo50
05-14-2007, 10:18 AM
He Dirked in the Final Four though.

ArgSpursFan
05-14-2007, 10:44 AM
Good for Luis trade value.At this point I would say he has 50/50 % chances to wear a spurs uniform next year,but to trade him for Nocioni(who is playing around 15 mpg after being injured)would be sweet too.

Bruno
05-14-2007, 11:14 AM
It's well deserved, congrats to him. IMO, he should have been too euroleague MVP this year.

Dartherus
05-14-2007, 02:19 PM
He Dirked in the Final Four though.
It was ONE game (the problem of a sudden death tournament), unlike Dirk, who 'dirked' one entire playoff series.

Anyway, the google translated text (far from being perfect, but I have no time to re-write it myself).

The URL of the translation is:
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.acb.com%2Fredaccion.p hp%3Fid%3D39757&langpair=es%7Cen&hl=es&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

====TRANSLATED TEXT====

Luis Scola, MVP Player with more credit Barclaycard 2006-07Luis Scola has been named MVP, Player with more Barclaycard credit of Regular Liga 2006-07, in a unanimous decision on the part of the jury made up of four estates of the basketball like fans, presses, players and trainers. Scola has received the trophy of hands of its last winner, Juan Carlos Navarro, after keeping awake the winner during the Presentation of the Playoff. This one is the second award like MVP of Regular Liga for Luis Scola, who takes four seasons consecutive in the Ideal Quinteto of the competition

Luis Scola, the best one of season 2006-07

Luis Scola has been named MVP, Player with more Barclaycard credit by the four estates that, to equal parts, have participated in the election of the Ideal Quinteto and the best player of Regular Liga 2006-07.

The winner of the trophy has been announced east Monday in the act of Presentation of Playoff 2007. Prigioni, Navarrese, Rudy Fernandez, Scola and Felipe Reyes chose to the award and a video went eliminating the candidates progressively, of minor to greater voting, until after moments of it intrigues with Navarro and Scola in screen, only was left one… Luis Scola!

The Argentine wing-pívot happens like better player of the competition to Juan Carlos Navarro, who as triunfador in season 2005-06 was the one in charge to give to the trophy to his companion, happening to him the witness and the “gold logo” that now Scola will shine during the Playoff and season 2007-08.

Luis Scola, who turned 27 years 30 of April the past, in this way obtains his second award like MVP, Player with more Barclaycard credit. The player of the Ceramic TAU was the best one in season 2004-05 and the last campaign shared the second position with Jorge Garbajosa, to only a vote of Juan Carlos Navarro. Also, it has integrated the Ideal starting lineup in the four editions in which the ideal team was named: 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06 and, now, 2006-07. Aside from Scola, no player has been present in the ideal starting lineup for more than two seasons.

The flaming MVP, Player with more Barclaycard credit of season 2006-07 has led to the Ceramic TAU to the first final position of Regular Liga, becoming as well the second classified in valuation (22.1 of average) and annotation (17,0). Scola has completed its statistic with 7.1 bounces, 2.5 attendances, 1.8 recoveries, 0.6 corks and 4 lack received by encounter.

The Argentine player, who recently has turned 27 years, has in his palmarés a title of ACB, three Glasses of the King, two Supercopas ACB and two subchampionships of the Euroliga. He is a fixed one of the Argentina Selection, with which he was champion in the last disputed Olympic Games in Athens.

The most voted in the four categories

The election of Luis Scola like MVP, Player with more Barclaycard credit has been unanimous: the four estates that shared the responsibility have chosen him like the best one. Thus, the Argentine wing-pívot has won in the fan vote, presses, players and trainers.

In this way Scola has added corresponding the 25 points in each one of the categories for a total of 100, the perfect score.

The second classified in the voting of the MVP, Player with more Barclaycard credit has been Juan Carlos Navarro (Winterthur F.C. Barcelona), that after finishing to second in the votes of players and trainers, third for the press and quarter for the fans, has concluded with 45 points. Curtis Borchardt, in spite of not integrating the Ideal Team, has been third with 30 points (second for press, third for fans and quarter for players).

Felipe Reyes (16) and Louis Bullock (15) completes `Top5' in the votings, having also received points other three players: Luke Recker (15), Rudy Fernandez (5), Marc Gasol (5) and Javier Salgado (5).

Scola: “To gain these players it is very difficult”

His predecessor, Juan Carlos Navarro, were the one in charge to give the trophy him, and the player of the Ceramic TAU joked saying that “I keep it to Navarrese for next year”. “I am very contented, very pretty prize, to gain these players is very difficult”, added pívot.

“It has been a good season, they are already four years at least with two players of the TAU Ceramic in the equipment and that is that the things become affluent. Prigioni has been two years incredible, for example”, it concluded.

Player Equipment Popular vote Vote jug. Vote entr. Vote presses Total
Luis Scola TAU 25 25 25 25 100
J.C. Navarro Winterthur FCB 5 15 15 10 45
Curtis Borchardt CB Granada 10 5 -- 15 30
Felipe Reyes Real Madrid 3 -- 10 3 16
Louis Bullock Real Madrid -- 10 5 -- 15

T Park
05-14-2007, 02:21 PM
awesome, hope it makes chicago want to do a S&T Nocioni for Barry and him deal even more.

Dartherus
05-14-2007, 04:04 PM
awesome, hope it makes chicago want to do a S&T Nocioni for Barry and him deal even more.
Do you think Scola would be useful just as trade?

Did you notice he was chosen MVP of the strongest league after NBA, by FOUR INDEPENDENT GROUP OF JURORS? Press, players, coaches and public? and he won clearly the four different votings?

Did you realize that he's the only player being SEASON AFTER SEASON in the ideal starting five and perennial MVP candidate?

Do you really think, for instance, than he'd do worse than Oberto...? ....despite he's younger, clearly faster and far more athletic .... and being similar or superior regarding size, Basketball IQ, skills, court vision or Fundamentals?

Mr. Body
05-14-2007, 04:06 PM
Whatever it's worth, realgm.com's Chicago board is very keen on trading for Scola. Of course, there are attempts to get him for Duhon+Khryapa, but there is a lot of interest.

Mr. Body
05-14-2007, 04:07 PM
Do you think Scola would be useful just as trade?

Did you notice he was chosen MVP of the strongest league after NBA, by FOUR INDEPENDENT GROUP OF JURORS? Press, players, coaches and public? and he won clearly the four different votings?

Did you realize that he's the only player being SEASON AFTER SEASON in the ideal starting five and perennial MVP candidate?

Do you really think, for instance, than he'd do worse than Oberto...? ....despite he's younger, claerly faster and far more athletic .... and being similar or superior regarding Basketball IQ, skills, court vision or Fundamentals?

What are you saying? That the Spurs might want to keep him? If, then, a lot of people here think that ship has sailed, there's bad blood between the two parties, and his game doesn't suit the Spurs. As with some others, I believe he'll be in the NBA next year but not in a SAS uniform.

ArgSpursFan
05-14-2007, 04:09 PM
I´d love to see Scola with the spurs.but Nocioni can be very usefull,remember Bowen is not a KID no more.

ArgSpursFan
05-14-2007, 04:10 PM
What are you saying? That the Spurs might want to keep him? If, then, a lot of people here think that ship has sailed, there's bad blood between the two parties, and his game doesn't suit the Spurs. As with some others, I believe he'll be in the NBA next year but not in a SAS uniform.

Craziest thing I ever Red in this forum.

picnroll
05-14-2007, 04:14 PM
Scola for Gerald Wallace. :pipe

Mr. Body
05-14-2007, 04:14 PM
Craziest thing I ever Red in this forum.

You must have 'Red' it many times, since it's a commonly held position first stated by the Spurs FO.

ArgSpursFan
05-14-2007, 04:18 PM
Scola will be in a spur uniform next year.If not Chicago´s.And them When he becomes another Argie doing great in the NBA,you´re gonna have to eat your own words.

Mr. Body
05-14-2007, 04:21 PM
I wouldn't mind, but I think he'll be a Bull next year.

itzsoweezee
05-14-2007, 04:21 PM
this guy better be in teh nba next year. the spurs front office bullshits around way too much. they need to get a freaking clue.

Mr. Body
05-14-2007, 04:23 PM
What clue would that be?

ArgSpursFan
05-14-2007, 04:27 PM
What clue would that be?

umm,let´s see:
not to hire guys like Elson.
get rid of Beno and barry and Ely.
And sign Scola,or trade him for a SF or PF,who can play 15/25 mpg and get something done from the damn bench.
they fucked up with Elson,and you know it.

A.H 21-50
05-14-2007, 04:39 PM
let's see him in a spurs uniform before suggest a trade or something else

from what i saw in Europe and during the World Championship i think that this guy could be a nice fit near Tim Duncan.

ArgSpursFan
05-14-2007, 04:44 PM
let's see him in a spurs uniform before suggest a trade or something else

from what i saw in Europe and during the World Championship i think that this guy could be a nice fit near Tim Duncan.

That´s what I think also,it can´t get any worse tham having Ely or Elson on the floor for TD.

Big P
05-14-2007, 05:06 PM
How did the "fuck up" by signing Elson? He has 1 year & $3 mil left on his contract & he is able to get up & down the floor unlike Rasho & Nazr, besides that I cant think of any FA center we could have signed last year for the amount of money we had. Elson is actually one of the best signings, even though he might not be playing up to his potential right now. If the Spurs fucked up anything, it was signing Butler & even then that was a small fuck up.

ArgSpursFan
05-14-2007, 05:36 PM
How did the "fuck up" by signing Elson? He has 1 year & $3 mil left on his contract & he is able to get up & down the floor unlike Rasho & Nazr, besides that I cant think of any FA center we could have signed last year for the amount of money we had. Elson is actually one of the best signings, even though he might not be playing up to his potential right now. If the Spurs fucked up anything, it was signing Butler & even then that was a small fuck up.

for what Elson has done this year,they could´ve use those $3 M to bring Scola or somebody else,and let butler get some minutes.He wouldn´t do any worse tham Elson.