PDA

View Full Version : Amare's clutchness

ambchang
05-14-2007, 11:26 AM
In many of the close games vs. the Spurs in 2005, Amare seemed to miss easy layups close to the end of the game.
And we are seeing that again in the 2007 playoffs. Game 1, with a few minutes left, Amare had a layup, and replays showed that there was no fouls involved even though he was bitching to the refs incessantly afterwards.
Game 3, two blown alley-oops in a row. One was called a foul (iffy one at that).
So the question is, does Amare's balls shrink when the game gets close?

kps0001
05-14-2007, 11:29 AM
I think he is just focusing waaay to much on the calls as are most of the Suns team. Amare doesn't have any problems finishing around the hoop. That I can assure you of. I think they are just looking for calls and not letting the game take care of itself. We already know there has been some questionable calls, both ways, Suns just can't seem to just focus on the game whereas Spurs continue to play.

I expect most here to just say he is a pussy and a whiner though/ :p:

Budkin
05-14-2007, 11:36 AM
Like Pop said, "he's very young."

Jimcs50
05-14-2007, 11:43 AM
Like Pop said, "he's very young."

Okur is a lot more clutch...as we will find out next series.

timvp
05-14-2007, 11:54 AM
I've seen Amare hit some huge shots this year. And in 2005, he was the one who would keep the Suns in the game.

I'd say he's more clutch than he is a choker.

Jimcs50
05-14-2007, 11:57 AM
I've seen Amare hit some huge shots this year. And in 2005, he was the one who would keep the Suns in the game.

I'd say he's more clutch than he is a choker.

That shot in 05 was pure dumb luck. Amare is not clutch at all...not a choker either, just an average closer.

DePastino
05-14-2007, 12:03 PM
In many of the close games vs. the Spurs in 2005, Amare seemed to miss easy layups close to the end of the game.
And we are seeing that again in the 2007 playoffs. Game 1, with a few minutes left, Amare had a layup, and replays showed that there was no fouls involved even though he was bitching to the refs incessantly afterwards.
Game 3, two blown alley-oops in a row. One was called a foul (iffy one at that).
So the question is, does Amare's balls shrink when the game gets close?

I think he's comparing the amount of contact at both ends and perceiving an inequity.

Extra Stout
05-14-2007, 12:03 PM
Amare is not so much a choker as he is just a whiner who gets flustered by physical play.

nkdlunch
05-14-2007, 12:36 PM
Dirk is a choker. Amare is a whiny puss

MrChug
05-14-2007, 12:38 PM
REMEMBER THE PUSHUPS! hahaha

Strike
05-14-2007, 12:44 PM
I think he is just focusing waaay to much on the calls as are most of the Suns team. Amare doesn't have any problems finishing around the hoop. That I can assure you of. I think they are just looking for calls and not letting the game take care of itself. We already know there has been some questionable calls, both ways, Suns just can't seem to just focus on the game whereas Spurs continue to play.

I won't say either of those things. After all, he's not Vince Carter.

I do agree with your take though. I think Phoenix is too concerned with the refs and not concerned enough with the actual game play. Yes the Spurs players whine about calls. So does every other team. The difference is that when the ball is in play they are focused on the task at hand. Pop talks to the refs during time-outs and dead balls. D'Antonio bitches from start to finish.

I don't take anything away from the Suns. They are obviously a good team. They would have to be to get to this point. But I think San Antonio is more focused and more relaxed. That's why they'll take the series. in 6 games IMO.

MadDog73
05-14-2007, 01:07 PM
I won't say either of those things. After all, he's not Vince Carter.

I do agree with your take though. I think Phoenix is too concerned with the refs and not concerned enough with the actual game play. Yes the Spurs players whine about calls. So does every other team. The difference is that when the ball is in play they are focused on the task at hand. Pop talks to the refs during time-outs and dead balls. D'Antonio bitches from start to finish.

I don't take anything away from the Suns. They are obviously a good team. They would have to be to get to this point. But I think San Antonio is more focused and more relaxed. That's why they'll take the series. in 6 games IMO.

I agree. Good takes.

zrinkill
05-14-2007, 01:23 PM

Amare is a pussy and a whiner.