PDA

View Full Version : Title Is Ours for the Taking

Ghost Writer
05-14-2007, 01:26 PM
Kori has summoned me from my Forum retirement. How's things?

No Dallas.

On Phoenix really stands in the way.

And with a 2-1 lead, I know conventional wisdom (as a Spurs fan who has been hurt before) says, "Don't count your chickens before they hatch."

But I feel cautiously optimistic about these playoffs.

Already we've seen the two teams who battled for the title eliminated in the first round.

I feel, as many do, that the Suns represent the toughest team left (you could argue the Spurs are better, but the regular season indicates that Phoenix was a better team).

So, nothing too sensational or enlightening here from me in this return thread.

It's simple.

Spurs "upset" the Suns and I see them maybe losing one game in the next round.

And if they make it to the Finals, well, we know their tracj record once they get to the Finals.

I don't see anyone from the East beating them four times... even the Pistons, who will have revenge on their minds should they make it back for a rematch of 2005.

Listen, the foul on Nowitski driving to the basket was a b1tch last year. I did not fear Miami...

I think that Duncan and Ginobili were hampered last year with nagging injuries, or perhaps the Western Conference Finals wouldn't have even gone 7 games.

I bring this up, because Ginobili appears to be as healthy as his erractic style will allow and Duncan's foot has the old spring in the step. And I think that coming back and coming so close last year ignited a fire in this team that is keeping them focused in these playoffs.

You listen to Parker and Duncan in their interviews and they definitely sound like the team is on a mission and there's even an heir of arrogance. I like it.

It's called "swagger."

And the Spurs got it.

Now I expect the Suns to play their best game of the series in Game 4. And I think the refs are going to give Phoenix a lot of calls, because as an objective Spurs fan, San Antonio got away with a lot in Game 3.

So don't go crazy if/when the Spurs lose Game 4. Hope they can steal another one in Phoenix and end the series at home.

You win this series and the title is theirs for the taking.

:cooldevil

SpursWoman
05-14-2007, 01:27 PM
Oh, dayum... :wow

ATXSPUR
05-14-2007, 01:28 PM
I didnt read all of that so maybe you did...but I didnt see detroit anywhere. As far as im concerned they are scarier than the suns by a long shot.

Mr. Body
05-14-2007, 01:29 PM
Utah and Detroit will prove very difficult opponents. They match up very well with us and at least one of those is well coached, the other not bad.

jmard5
05-14-2007, 01:31 PM
Utah and Detroit will prove very difficult opponents. They match up very well with us and at least one of those is well coached, the other not bad.

I agree.

timvp
05-14-2007, 01:32 PM
Welcome back.

:hat

sa_butta
pistons won't be a cake walk.I think they are our toughest opponent left after Phoenix.

hater
Detroit's series w/Bulls is far from over.

and who was the other team besides Dallas competing for a title and got beat in round 1? (Heat? :lol)

Kori Ellis
05-14-2007, 01:33 PM
Thanks for coming :smokin

The forum is now complete.

degenerate_gambler
05-14-2007, 01:33 PM
the other not bad.

agreed. they've been together long enough to offset any of flip's shortcomings.

Mr. Body
05-14-2007, 01:36 PM
Detroit's series w/Bulls is far from over.

It's definitely over.

dougp
05-14-2007, 01:39 PM
Now that Ghost is back, the title is in our pockets!

Ghost Writer
05-14-2007, 01:42 PM
I acknowledged Detroit, but I thought that going into the playoffs, the power rankings were like this:

1. Dallas (look at the season they had, the defense was there, Dirk was MVP and I felt they should've beaten Miami last year)

2. Phoenix (I know their defense is suspect, but their talent is unquestioned and Nash can make magic happen)

3. San Antonio (when they are healthy and focused, how can you best against them)

4. Detroit (model of consistency)

5. Chicago (best team, player-for-player, but no one, clear-cut leader)

I thoughtthe Bulls would push the Pistons. That series has disappointed me to date.

Detroit will be tough, but I am not too worried, because if the Spurs make it to the Finals, they will not be denied.

I don't want to look past the Suns, because I would be shocked if they didn't win the next game.

However, if the Spurs advance, they will make Golden State play San Antonio's game and if Utah wins, they simply play the grind it out game better than the Jazz.

I am a big believer in the "who has the best player on the floor" concept.

You get deeper into the playoffs, and the field starts thinning out in coparison to Duncan.

We just really need to get past Phoenix.

Jimcs50
Welcome back, dickweed.

:)

Dingle Barry
Flip Saunders v. Gregg Popovich

CosmicCowboy
05-14-2007, 01:47 PM
Good to see you again Ghost!

We all keep assuming that the Phoenix whining will give them an advantage on the calls tonight.

It doesn't always work that way. Phoenix by whining is not only complaining about the Spurs, but the officials too. Officials sometimes react by telling them to just shut up and play.

Ghost Writer
05-14-2007, 01:55 PM
Yeah, but you know the Suns are a desperate animal now.

They should give it everything they got tonight.

If the Spurs really want to break their backs, they win tonight.

Then they can afford a loss and still not be caught in a pivotal game.

They can simply ice the Suns instead if they win tonight.

I just feel like the Suns will come out for a final stand.

dbreiden83080
05-14-2007, 01:55 PM
pistons won't be a cake walk.

You got that right and neither will the Jazz they always play the Spurs tough and Boozer is playing out of his mind these days. I can still see this series going 7 though expecially if the Spurs lose tonight.

Budkin
05-14-2007, 01:57 PM
Yeah, but you know the Suns are a desperate animal now.

They should give it everything they got tonight.

If the Spurs really want to break their backs, they win tonight.

Then they can afford a loss and still not be caught in a pivotal game.

They can simply ice the Suns instead if they win tonight.

I just feel like the Suns will come out for a final stand.

Yeah this game is going to be a dogfight for sure.

Jimcs50
05-14-2007, 01:58 PM
You got that right and neither will the Jazz they always play the Spurs tough and Boozer is playing out of his mind these days. I can still see this series going 7 though expecially if the Spurs lose tonight.

I want the Spurs to close this series out and not let Utah get more rest than the Spurs. Give Jerry some time to prepare for SA, and they might very well steal game 1 from a tired Spurs team.

101A
05-14-2007, 01:58 PM
I have never seen the team bitching WIN a playoff series. The Suns are a mess right about now, IMO. I believe it's a mental thing with them and SA at this point.

Jimcs50
05-14-2007, 02:01 PM
I have never seen the team bitching WIN a playoff series. The Suns are a mess right about now, IMO. I believe it's a mental thing with them and SA at this point.

Mental???

Spurs have won 17 of last 21 games against Phoenix...I think it is more than mental. I really think SA owns Phoenix, like LA used to own us in the70's 80's.

Soul_Patch
05-14-2007, 02:04 PM
im impressed with the post count.

1,000,000+ whoa.

good points though.

MadDog73
05-14-2007, 02:05 PM
The OP certainly has the title right.

The Championship is ours if we want it.

Of course, as others are saying, The Suns, the Jazz and Detroit can beat the Spurs on any given night. Detroit probably has the best chance to win a series with the Spurs...

but none of that shit matters if the Spurs play Championship ball. I agree tonight will be the hardest game of the series (because I expect the Spurs to show up tonight, unlike Game 2). But even if the Spurs fail to show, or are even beat by the Suns tonight, we can still take game 5 and 6.

The Title is ours for the taking... all we have to do now is take it!

Jimcs50
05-14-2007, 02:06 PM
im impressed with the post count.

1,000,000+ whoa.

good points though.

The count is fake... :lol

CosmicCowboy
05-14-2007, 02:08 PM
The pressure is all on Phoenix tonight. Regain homecourt advantage or go down 3-1 and have to face the prospect of 3 elimination games in a row. It's hard to play fast and loose in that situation, especially against a good defense.

SequSpur
05-14-2007, 02:09 PM
GW = Bandwagoner.

MadDog73
05-14-2007, 02:14 PM
The count is fake... :lol

Still, GW has more posts than you, right Jim? :lol

CosmicCowboy
05-14-2007, 02:17 PM

LOL...Ghost and SpursFan are in a leauge of their own.

G-Nob
05-14-2007, 02:17 PM
lets just worry about game 4 for now, ding dong

T Park
05-14-2007, 02:20 PM
G fucking Dub.

Your objective dickness is missed.

Hope you can hang around more :fro

thispego
05-14-2007, 02:20 PM
I didnt read all of that so maybe you did...but I didnt see detroit anywhere. As far as im concerned they are scarier than the suns by a long shot.
then why are you responding?

Jimcs50
05-14-2007, 02:22 PM

No way Jose...he has 10,000 at the most...but as you can see, he probably has more words posted, because he is rather long winded.

:p:

boutons_
05-14-2007, 02:24 PM
yes, it's ours, but the Jazz and Pistons can take it from us.

stupid fucking thread (except for my post) :lol

I though the title was ours for the taking in 04, too. Then Karl bitch slapped Tim, Pheel outcoached Pop, and the Spurs couldn't hit shit.

Jimcs50
05-14-2007, 02:24 PM
yes, it's ours, but the Jazz and Pistons can take it from us.

stupid fucking thread (except for my post) :lol

And mine.

bull62400
05-14-2007, 02:31 PM
to be completely honest, detriot worries me more than phoenix.

FromWayDowntown
05-14-2007, 02:51 PM
I saw that wolves009seed posted here.

Damn, I miss reading those lottery-burdened insights.

tlongII
05-14-2007, 02:56 PM
If the Suns win tonight they will win this series. GuaranSheed!

MadDog73
05-14-2007, 03:02 PM
If the Suns win tonight they will win this series. GuaranSheed!

All right! The ulimate Jinx for PHX.

Poor, poor, tlong....

Solid D
05-14-2007, 03:13 PM
Glad to see you back, G-Dub! Limited props are in order here.

Testing
05-14-2007, 03:35 PM
When the Spurs lose tonight will the thoughts change? I give the Spurs a 5% chance of taking tonight's game...refs will probably hose them badly.

MoSpur
05-14-2007, 03:56 PM
I'm starting to think Tlong is really a die hard Spurs fan. He made a guaransheed about Phoenix winning the series if they win tonight just to jinx the Suns. Thanks Tlong