PDA

View Full Version : Jalen Rose : "Bowen is a champion "

lefty
05-14-2007, 03:46 PM
He also added :"I don't want him to be suspended"

By the way, Rose is a Sun.

mardigan
05-14-2007, 03:47 PM
Rose is also a smart, classy guy. He will be a great commentator when his playing days are over

lefty
05-14-2007, 03:48 PM
Rose is also a smart, classy guy. He will be a great commentator when his playing days are over

I agree 100%

DePastino
05-14-2007, 03:50 PM
So? I don't want him suspended either.

whottt
05-14-2007, 03:50 PM
That's strange, because I remember Jalen getting more pissed at Bruce than anyone this side of Ray or Vince, when he played for the Raps...

jmard5
05-14-2007, 03:52 PM

Uhm, I heard Jalen Rose as a side-line commentator this regular season, he is not that good. Honestly. His voice tends to be monotone.

mardigan
05-14-2007, 03:54 PM
Uhm, I heard Jalen Rose as a side-line commentator this regular season, he is not that good. Honestly. His voice tends to be monotone.
i wasnt so much speaking about his voice, more about his insight and his ability (or percieved ability by me) to stay objective. He also seems to be very charismatic, but, who knows, you could be right.

to21
Link?

Obstructed_View
Rose made a classy observation, but he's a horrible commentator. His greatest moment was by not getting distracted when Nick Van Exel was throwing towels at him.

timvp
05-14-2007, 03:58 PM
That's strange, because I remember Jalen getting more pissed at Bruce than anyone this side of Ray or Vince, when he played for the Raps...

:lmao

Exactly. Jalen Rose is the one player who would literally try to fight Bowen when Bowen would shut him down. I think he was on the Bulls and went something like 3-for-18 before getting ejected.

shyne
05-14-2007, 03:59 PM
Yeah it was a game in Chicago when he played for the Bulls.

leemajors
05-14-2007, 04:00 PM
pine gives you perspective.

Spurminator
05-14-2007, 04:02 PM
I can understand it during a game. Emotions are hot, people get pissed, especially when they're stinking up the joint. I feel like I've seen Kobe get pissed at Bowen too, but their mutual admiration is well documented.

timvp
05-14-2007, 04:06 PM
With 15 seconds left, Bowen was pushed in the back by Jalen Rose
as he made a layup. After no foul was called, Bowen committed
a hard foul on Rose coming up the court four seconds later. Rose
got in Bowen's face, and double technical fouls were called.

"Jalen does some things during the course of the game whenever I
play against them," Bowen said. "I felt like I went to dunk
the ball and ended up on the floor because of something he did.
I just gave him a hard foul just to say there's no need to do
what he did."

"I felt like he unnecessarily tried to trip me," Rose said. "It
all just happened so fast, I don't really know for sure what
happened. I don't really understand it at all."

After Rose, who scored 12 points on 4-of-24 shooting, missed his
free throw, he walked toward San Antonio's bench and was
ejected for continuing to yell at Bowen.

Sorry it was 4-for-24, not 3-for-18. By bad, Bruce.

:smokin

jmard5
05-14-2007, 04:11 PM
Rose made a classy observation, but he's a horrible commentator. His greatest moment was by not getting distracted when Nick Van Exel was throwing towels at him.

Excellent. Yup, that's the game I have in mind. :lol

mbass
05-14-2007, 04:22 PM

I agree - and he isn't very articulate. Certainly not like a Tim Duncan or Shawn Elliott. He was one of the original Fab Five at Michigan.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-14-2007, 04:23 PM
With 15 seconds left, Bowen was pushed in the back by Jalen Rose
as he made a layup. After no foul was called, Bowen committed
a hard foul on Rose coming up the court four seconds later. Rose
got in Bowen's face, and double technical fouls were called.

"Jalen does some things during the course of the game whenever I
play against them," Bowen said. "I felt like I went to dunk
the ball and ended up on the floor because of something he did.
I just gave him a hard foul just to say there's no need to do
what he did."

"I felt like he unnecessarily tried to trip me," Rose said. "It
all just happened so fast, I don't really know for sure what
happened. I don't really understand it at all."

After Rose, who scored 12 points on 4-of-24 shooting, missed his
free throw, he walked toward San Antonio's bench and was
ejected for continuing to yell at Bowen.

:lol at Bowen 'dunking'

RonMexico
05-14-2007, 05:52 PM
Rose needs to play in this series. Even in garbage time, he shot over 40% from 3... he's been to two Final 4's, one NBA Finals, and really KNOWS how to play the game of basketball... Suns need someone else besides Nash who knows the game...

Phenomanul
05-14-2007, 05:55 PM
Rose needs to play in this series. Even in garbage time, he shot over 40% from 3... he's been to two Final 4's, one NBA Finals, and really KNOWS how to play the game of basketball... Suns need someone else besides Nash who knows the game...

That's up to the great coaching of D'Antoni.... :lol

Phenomanul
05-14-2007, 05:56 PM
Maybe Rose wants to play in (for) San Antonio?

Obstructed_View
05-14-2007, 05:59 PM
Didn't he lose?

Despot
05-14-2007, 06:05 PM
I agree - and he isn't very articulate. Certainly not like a Tim Duncan or Shawn Elliott. He was one of the original Fab Five at Michigan.

:lol @ Tim being articulate and "Shawn"

GrandeDavid
05-14-2007, 06:10 PM
link?

UV Ray
05-14-2007, 06:15 PM
He also added :"I don't want him to be suspended"

By the way, Rose is a Sun.

Praise of a fool. Barely a Sun, his duties include charity work and water boy for the bench. Are they even paying him anymore?

Samr
05-14-2007, 09:37 PM
This is the antithesis to Amare's "dirty" comments. It was less "he's a champion" and more of an implied, cowering "...so please don't go hard on me."

At any rate, Jalen is a (grossly overpaid) class act as far as I'm concerned, due in part to this quote but also due to his low scoring average this series.

BigBeezie
05-14-2007, 09:42 PM
I'm suprised Jalen doesn't get to play for the Suns. His career averages were pretty good when I last glanced at them.

missmyzte
05-14-2007, 09:43 PM
For those asking for a lunch, go to the front page of ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/index) and play of the video on the right-hand side near the top.

yeahone
05-14-2007, 09:47 PM
timyyyyyyyyy and t park

yeahone
05-14-2007, 09:51 PM
Parkerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

yeahone
05-14-2007, 09:51 PM
ytimmyyyyy down low

yeahone
05-14-2007, 09:52 PM
come on fin dog

TDMVPDPOY
05-14-2007, 10:39 PM
i remember in 04/05 he did one of the games suns/spurs, he was very interlectual, he seems to know what his saying about the game