PDA

View Full Version : Where i go to get a good laugh

Soul_Patch
05-14-2007, 04:53 PM
http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?sport=nba&id=pho

or to get motivated.

It is insane how much of a "looser mentality" these people have. No heart, just a constant flow of whining.

ooo let the tears fall.... :ihit

Flea
05-14-2007, 04:58 PM
Here is my recent letter to NBA Commissioner David Stern. It expresses my frustration over the very poor officiating throughout the Suns-Spurs playoff series.

"Dear NBA Commissioner David Stern,

As a long-time Phoenix Suns fan, I am very upset with the poor officiating in the Suns-Spurs series. The Suns are getting the short end of the stick (as usual). It is so obvious that the NBA does not want the Phoenix Suns to ever win an NBA Championship. The Spurs are being allowed to basically man-handle the Suns on both offense and defense without the benefit of a fair call. Clean up the league, please. This long-time NBA fan has had enough of the poor officiating. No wonder the NBA is largely considered a third-rate sports league. Entertainment value is abandoned for thug basketball.

Sincerely,

Paul Panks
[email protected]
Tempe, Arizona
Suns fan since 1982, and still waiting for that elusive NBA Title"

Paul

:violin

Obstructed_View
05-14-2007, 05:00 PM
Wow, what a complete and total vagina.

NoMoneyDown
05-14-2007, 05:00 PM
And the FT disparity is how much? Ah, +4/game in favor of the Spurs - now I see why they are whining. :rolleyes :drunk

SpursWoman
05-14-2007, 05:01 PM
*sigh*

kps0001
05-14-2007, 05:03 PM
funny it's where I, as a Suns fan, go for a good laugh as well.

There were a couple posters suggesting to do that on the one Suns board I do post on and almost everyone there thought it was pretty pointless and ridiculous thing to do. But hey lets just lump everyone together as being whiny suns fans to show how "classy" your fans are.

:lol

sa_butta
05-14-2007, 05:03 PM
Keep waiting for that title, Suns havent learned how to play championship basketball.
Get a life and enjoy the games.

kps0001
05-14-2007, 05:04 PM
And the FT disparity is how much? Ah, +4/game in favor of the Spurs - now I see why they are whining. :rolleyes :drunk

I am pretty sure it is the non calls that a lot of, no well MOST, Suns fans are talking about. But certainly leave it to Spurs fans to see only half of the picture.

FromWayDowntown
05-14-2007, 05:05 PM
It's time to face facts, Spurs fans: the only reason our team ever wins is rooted in the overwhelming league bias in their favor and the willingness of officials to bail the Spurs out at any and every opportunity. If the Spurs ever had to play a "fair" game, they'd get run out of the gym by multi-dimensional teams like the Suns. I'm writing my own letter to Commissioner Stern right now, asking him to stop giving the Spurs games and to do away with his San Antonio-centric bias. One of the five smallest media markets in the NBA, burdened as it is with its uber-boring team, simply will not stand for any more of the NBA's charity!!!

RonMexico
05-14-2007, 05:05 PM
And the FT disparity is how much?

HAHAHAH - that does NOT matter at all. That's probably the worst stat for any kind of comparison in this situation.

But if you want to know - the Spurs got 9 more FTs last game. Suns lost by 7, but the Suns missed way too many FTs/layups/stupid shots to win the game, so it's their own fault. And Amare should have let Duncan have that dunk. The guy was playing out of his mind (21 pts in 20 mins) but couldn't stay on the floor due to his own stupidity.

http://wisinsider.blogspot.com/2007/05/breaking-news-spurs-get-more-calls.html

That will give you some more insight into why we feel like we do (not just Suns fans, but fans across the league). Try to think of it from your perspective last year when Dirk would get 24 FTAs and then Mavs fans would bring up FT disparity to act like it wasn't a big deal.

spursrocksocks
05-14-2007, 05:06 PM
suns fan pregame shopping
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-9/840501/Midol.jpg

TampaDude
05-14-2007, 05:06 PM

Yeah, really...Paul needs to clean the sand out of his mangina... :lol

NoMoneyDown
05-14-2007, 05:08 PM
I am pretty sure it is the non calls that a lot of, no well MOST, Suns fans are talking about.

Oh yeah. THOSE things.
:dizzy

RonMexico
05-14-2007, 05:08 PM
http://wisinsider.blogspot.com/2007/05/suns-spurs-game-two-watching-whistles.html

Further enjoyment and this is from a Non-Suns fan.

RonMexico
05-14-2007, 05:09 PM
I am pretty sure it is the non calls that a lot of, no well MOST, Suns fans are talking about. But certainly leave it to Spurs fans to see only half of the picture.

Yeah, pretty much every Tim Duncan screen.

Obstructed_View
05-14-2007, 05:09 PM
http://wisinsider.blogspot.com/2007/05/suns-spurs-game-two-watching-whistles.html

Further enjoyment and this is from a Non-Suns fan.
This was posted yesterday or the day before. This guy is a Suns fan.

Obstructed_View
05-14-2007, 05:10 PM
Yeah, pretty much every Tim Duncan screen.
Jesus Christ, I really thought you might be above this stupid shit. I'm disappointed.

boutons_
05-14-2007, 05:15 PM
In urological circles, these people would be diagnosed with hypogonadism. :lol

BillsCarnage
Here is my recent letter to NBA Commissioner David Stern. It expresses my frustration over the very poor officiating throughout the Suns-Spurs playoff series.

"Dear NBA Commissioner David Stern,

As a long-time Phoenix Suns fan, I am very upset with the poor officiating in the Suns-Spurs series. The Suns are getting the short end of the stick (as usual). It is so obvious that the NBA does not want the Phoenix Suns to ever win an NBA Championship. The Spurs are being allowed to basically man-handle the Suns on both offense and defense without the benefit of a fair call. Clean up the league, please. This long-time NBA fan has had enough of the poor officiating. No wonder the NBA is largely considered a third-rate sports league. Entertainment value is abandoned for thug basketball.

Sincerely,

Paul Panks
[email protected]
Tempe, Arizona
Suns fan since 1982, and still waiting for that elusive NBA Title"

Paul

FYI, this clown is on several of the Suns board and is the true definition of Schizo. Total whacko.

FromWayDowntown
FYI, this clown is on several of the Suns board and is the true definition of Schizo. Total whacko.

:tu

It does remind me, though, of the Spurs/Lakers days in the early 2000's, when Spurs fans would write similarly-aggravated letters to the league demanding that officiating be changed and threatening to stop watching the game forever if no change was made.

Funny how those things work.

kps0001
05-14-2007, 05:20 PM
This was posted yesterday or the day before. This guy is a Suns fan.

He states on his front page of the blog he is not a Suns fan. Not saying it isn't totally retarded what the guy spent over 6 hours doing to try to prove a point but I am just saying it appears he isn't a Suns fan.

:While I was dismayed to learn the outcome, I was happy that the Suns won. (Note: I'm not a Suns fan, but I think a Phoenix title is vital for the future of professional basketball.)"

picnroll
05-14-2007, 05:20 PM
Jesus Christ, I really thought you might be above this stupid shit. I'm disappointed.
RonMexico has taken the D'Antonio pussification pill.

Bring on a team with some balls. Suns are the biggest pussy team left in the playoffs. The sooner they are eliminated the better.

timvp
05-14-2007, 05:21 PM

I got tipped off on that fact when he signed his own letter twice.

RonMexico
05-14-2007, 05:27 PM

I can't help it - it seems like a lot of shit is going wrong for me in the past few days (flying back from China, TSA opens up my suitcase, breaks it, doesn't put it back together and the rain in Houston soaks my clothes... then part of my house gets flooded, I get overcharged $135 on my electric bill, a dumb chick sideswipes my on the freeway and runs off), so I'm in a pretty bad mood these days.

Also, it's game day (biggest game of my life... I need this to go 2-2 or I might just pack it in), and 90+ mins before tip off has my juices already flowing. I didn't realize that guy was a Suns fan, sorry about that. But also, we have Bowen getting a Flagrant 1 upgrade (which was legit - no suspension necessary), Votes on ESPN asking whether the Spurs/Bowen are dirty and gain advantage because of that, and we have Spurs fans on here consistently denying that their squad gets any benefits and that all Suns players/fans are girls/whiners/bitches/idiots.

Even Bill Simmons (in an article applauding Duncan), throws this nugget out there: " Congratulations to Greg Willard, Tim Donaghy and Eddie F. Rush for giving us the most atrociously officiated game of the playoffs so far: Game 3 of the Suns-Spurs series. Bennett Salvatore, Tom Washington and Violet Palmer must have been outraged that they weren't involved in this mess. Good golly. Most of the calls favored the Spurs, but I don't even think the refs were biased -- they were so incompetent that there was no rhyme or reason to anything that was happening. Other than the latest call in NBA history (a shooting foul for Ginobili whistled three seconds after the play, when everyone was already running in the other direction), my favorite moment happened near the end, when the game was already over and they called a cheap bump on Bruce Bowen against Nash, so the cameras caught Mike D'Antoni (the most entertaining coach in the league if he's not getting calls) screaming sarcastically, "Why start now? Why bother?" What a travesty. Not since the Cocaine Era from 1978-1986 has the league faced a bigger ongoing issue than crappy officiating."

That just adds more fuel to my fire. If this thing goes 2-2 and the series becomes legit (by "legit" I mean "has a chance to go 6/7 games), you'll see me get back to my more objective views.

But I'd be an idiot to deny that this is the Suns' best chance for a title/Finals appearence in the Nash era, so I'm going all-in as of right now.

Lastly, D'Antoni bitches a lot on the court (not more than Manu+Pop combined, though), but he rarely throws excuses or blame upon the other team in press conferences and that blow up after Game 3 lets me know that he doesn't want to go quietly either. Of course, most Spurs fans on here claimed that D'Antoni is whining "as usual" but I watched every press conference during the Lakers (when he and Nash took the blame for the dubious jump ball play) and Mavs series (where Dirk got benefits of "bear-hug" from a team that doesn't play defense) and not once did D'Antoni place blame upon the refs or cheating/flopping.

DarrinS
05-14-2007, 05:27 PM
He states on his front page of the blog he is not a Suns fan. Not saying it isn't totally retarded what the guy spent over 6 hours doing to try to prove a point but I am just saying it appears he isn't a Suns fan.

:While I was dismayed to learn the outcome, I was happy that the Suns won. (Note: I'm not a Suns fan, but I think a Phoenix title is vital for the future of professional basketball.)"

That guy analyzed the fouls in GAME 2 -- a 20 point blowout. WTF was the point of that little exercise?

FromWayDowntown
05-14-2007, 05:28 PM

I think his lack of objectivity in the study is a bit betrayed by his initial admission that his inquiry was "merely the long-promised post where I theorize the 'why' part of this whole 'The Spurs get all the calls' examination." Remarkably, his study supported his theory: "but the findings seemed to indicate that the Spurs enjoyed a sizable advantage when it came to the officiating. And this was on a night where the Suns actually got more breaks than a normal S.A. opponent and that featured a fourth quarter blowout that took the refs out of play. Many in the comments section and in emails have surmised that if the Spurs still enjoyed a healthy advantage in that game, it only proves how massive the edge is on a normal night."

Eureka!!

He later admits, in his comments, that he prefers the Suns' style of play to the Spurs' style, which certainly suggests to me that he didn't exactly view Game 2 with an unbiased eye.

He might not be a Suns fan, but he was certainly looking to prove a theory that speaks negatively of the Spurs. I'm not sure, in this instance at least, that there's any meaningful difference.

GrandeDavid
05-14-2007, 05:28 PM
:sleep

Waste of time scheisse.

RonMexico
05-14-2007, 05:30 PM
RonMexico has taken the D'Antonio pussification pill.

Bring on a team with some balls. Suns are the biggest pussy team left in the playoffs. The sooner they are eliminated the better.

The sooner the Spurs and their fans get off (a) their high horses and (b) their "woe is me" mentality, the better the NBA will be.

I have to wonder if Pop benched Manu early in his career at times because he "made him crazy" (as he claimed) or because he was trying to mold him into the biggest flopper the league has ever seen. Just kidding, I'm trying to be an asshole now.

Obstructed_View
05-14-2007, 05:36 PM
I can't help it - it seems like a lot of shit is going wrong for me in the past few days (flying back from China, TSA opens up my suitcase, breaks it, doesn't put it back together and the rain in Houston soaks my clothes... then part of my house gets flooded, I get overcharged $135 on my electric bill, a dumb chick sideswipes my on the freeway and runs off), so I'm in a pretty bad mood these days.

Also, it's game day (biggest game of my life... I need this to go 2-2 or I might just pack it in), and 90+ mins before tip off has my juices already flowing. I didn't realize that guy was a Suns fan, sorry about that. But also, we have Bowen getting a Flagrant 1 upgrade (which was legit - no suspension necessary), Votes on ESPN asking whether the Spurs/Bowen are dirty and gain advantage because of that, and we have Spurs fans on here consistently denying that their squad gets any benefits and that all Suns players/fans are girls/whiners/bitches/idiots.

Even Bill Simmons (in an article applauding Duncan), throws this nugget out there: " Congratulations to Greg Willard, Tim Donaghy and Eddie F. Rush for giving us the most atrociously officiated game of the playoffs so far: Game 3 of the Suns-Spurs series. Bennett Salvatore, Tom Washington and Violet Palmer must have been outraged that they weren't involved in this mess. Good golly. Most of the calls favored the Spurs, but I don't even think the refs were biased -- they were so incompetent that there was no rhyme or reason to anything that was happening. Other than the latest call in NBA history (a shooting foul for Ginobili whistled three seconds after the play, when everyone was already running in the other direction), my favorite moment happened near the end, when the game was already over and they called a cheap bump on Bruce Bowen against Nash, so the cameras caught Mike D'Antoni (the most entertaining coach in the league if he's not getting calls) screaming sarcastically, "Why start now? Why bother?" What a travesty. Not since the Cocaine Era from 1978-1986 has the league faced a bigger ongoing issue than crappy officiating."

That just adds more fuel to my fire. If this thing goes 2-2 and the series becomes legit (by "legit" I mean "has a chance to go 6/7 games), you'll see me get back to my more objective views.

But I'd be an idiot to deny that this is the Suns' best chance for a title/Finals appearence in the Nash era, so I'm going all-in as of right now.

Lastly, D'Antoni bitches a lot on the court (not more than Manu+Pop combined, though), but he rarely throws excuses or blame upon the other team in press conferences and that blow up after Game 3 lets me know that he doesn't want to go quietly either. Of course, most Spurs fans on here claimed that D'Antoni is whining "as usual" but I watched every press conference during the Lakers (when he and Nash took the blame for the dubious jump ball play) and Mavs series (where Dirk got benefits of "bear-hug" from a team that doesn't play defense) and not once did D'Antoni place blame upon the refs or cheating/flopping.

Okay, I'll grant you temporary insanity. You know I blame small ball for the loss last year and not the refs, so it's getting tough to swallow all this crap. It disappoints me that the Suns fans will complain about the calls until they win, which just takes all the fun out of competing, but like I said, I'll give you a break.

BTW, TSA went through my shit when I came back from Taiwan. They unwrapped all the presents for my parents and tried to slit the lining in my guitar case open. They then sent someone to follow me through the Portland airport for an hour to make sure I wasn't making an exchange. Fuckers.

kps0001
05-14-2007, 05:46 PM
That guy analyzed the fouls in GAME 2 -- a 20 point blowout. WTF was the point of that little exercise?

I have no idea. I guess to prove to everyone he has no life whatsoever.

I couldn't even be bothered with reading the thing much less actually deciding to sit and do something like that.

RonMexico
05-14-2007, 05:48 PM
Okay, I'll grant you temporary insanity. You know I blame small ball for the loss last year and not the refs, so it's getting tough to swallow all this crap. It disappoints me that the Suns fans will complain about the calls until they win, which just takes all the fun out of competing, but like I said, I'll give you a break.

BTW, TSA went through my shit when I came back from Taiwan. They unwrapped all the presents for my parents and tried to slit the lining in my guitar case open. They then sent someone to follow me through the Portland airport for an hour to make sure I wasn't making an exchange. Fuckers.

It's the second time they've done it - even on a short trip to Dallas, they broke two zippers on my other bag... pisses me off... no reason to pack with any kind of care, concern or neatness, because they just fuck it all up, then try to stuff it back and if they can't close it, they just leave you that nice little "your bag was inspected" card. They can hide behind all that BS because am I gonna sue the gov't to pay for my broken bag? Probably not.

RonMexico
05-14-2007, 05:49 PM
I have no idea. I guess to prove to everyone he has no life whatsoever.

I couldn't even be bothered with reading the thing much less actually deciding to sit and do something like that.

I will direct you all to the Styx song: "Too Much Time on My Hands"

kps0001
05-14-2007, 05:50 PM
I think his lack of objectivity in the study is a bit betrayed by his initial admission that his inquiry was "merely the long-promised post where I theorize the 'why' part of this whole 'The Spurs get all the calls' examination." Remarkably, his study supported his theory: "but the findings seemed to indicate that the Spurs enjoyed a sizable advantage when it came to the officiating. And this was on a night where the Suns actually got more breaks than a normal S.A. opponent and that featured a fourth quarter blowout that took the refs out of play. Many in the comments section and in emails have surmised that if the Spurs still enjoyed a healthy advantage in that game, it only proves how massive the edge is on a normal night."

Eureka!!

He later admits, in his comments, that he prefers the Suns' style of play to the Spurs' style, which certainly suggests to me that he didn't exactly view Game 2 with an unbiased eye.

He might not be a Suns fan, but he was certainly looking to prove a theory that speaks negatively of the Spurs. I'm not sure, in this instance at least, that there's any meaningful difference.

True...I think while not a Suns fan overall. but in this series he is certainly a Suns fan before a Spurs fan.

Why are we even talking about this. We all know the guy is an idiot for what he did and posted I don't care whose team he is a fan of.

...and yeah Ron Mexico sounds like you haven't had much luck since getting back into the states. Maybe all your bad luck will result in some good luck for all of us Phoenix fans tonight with a VICTORY!!!

Obstructed_View
05-14-2007, 05:53 PM
It's the second time they've done it - even on a short trip to Dallas, they broke two zippers on my other bag... pisses me off... no reason to pack with any kind of care, concern or neatness, because they just fuck it all up, then try to stuff it back and if they can't close it, they just leave you that nice little "your bag was inspected" card. They can hide behind all that BS because am I gonna sue the gov't to pay for my broken bag? Probably not.
I used to get my bag checked for explosive residue all the time. I actually have a spot on one of my suitcases where they wiped it so many times. Bitches be racial profiling my ass.

RonMexico
05-14-2007, 05:55 PM
I used to get my bag checked for explosive residue all the time. I actually have a spot on one of my suitcases where they wiped it so many times. Bitches be racial profiling my ass.

HAHAHAH. Must be 'cause I'm Italian... I must be sneaking some illegal shit over for the Don.