PDA

View Full Version : 29 free throws to 14 - Complaining About the Refs Thread

ducks
05-14-2007, 11:53 PM
comments

vander
05-15-2007, 12:00 AM
whining pays off,

but the Spurs still lost it, not the refs, how did they not score in those final minutes. pathetic.

milkyway21
05-15-2007, 12:00 AM
the refs are giving away Christmas presents to Phoenix too early.

I'm disappointed because the spurs were actually shooting better from the FT line in game 4.

sunbow9
05-15-2007, 12:04 AM
Oh my gowd the refs are ridiculous! I can not believe the officiating (game 4)!!! How can Manu be bulled over by Statotalwiner for a dunk, and when Nash trips and falls Bowen is called for a foul? I am so upset that those cry baby Suns were pushing us around and no calls (Bell elbowing Omberto!) The Spurs have got to quit rushing shots, fouling, and letting the refs (who obviously hate the Spurs) get to them. Wed. is a huge game and we need to get it! I can't even stand to look at chompers (D'Antoni) anymore. Talk about cry baby! He tips the scales! Winer and others had better be suspended for rushing the court, and checking in? I don't think so, anyone with DVR saw Statotalwiner rushing towards Nash! :madrun GO SPURS GO! Get that feeling of frustration and anger and take it to the Suns on Wed and Fri! IT'S far from over! I just can't fathom how we can have such a lead and let the refs take it away. It now comes down to who wants it more! And believe me this Spurs girl wants it! :ihit

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-15-2007, 12:04 AM
I'm sure the Suns fans will show up to say they got screwed. Funny, no bitching from D'Antoni, he just said "i'm glad to go back tied 2-2."

Two to one FTs despite the most physical game of the series by Phoenix :rolleyes

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-15-2007, 12:06 AM
welcome, you will fit in nice here as long as you blame the refs for every loss :smokin

BradLohaus
05-15-2007, 12:07 AM
Despite the Suns run at the end, this game would have come down to the Suns fouling the Spurs to extend the game were it not for terrible calls against the Spurs and TD in particular. I mean just terrible. The Suns closed it out, but there wouldn't have been a game to close out if it weren't for the horrible calls.

The whining paid off. No doubt about it. The only justice is that both Diaw and Amare are suspended for a game. Still we only break even because the refs were awful in this game. The Suns should have been out of it in crunch time. Horrific calls, especially against TD.

Man Mountain
05-15-2007, 12:09 AM
Some Spurs fans are embarrassing. Blaming losses on the refs is ridiculous.

Kobulingam
05-15-2007, 12:09 AM
Above all I hate it how Nash is allowed to run into to people to free his teammates up.

Marcus Bryant
05-15-2007, 12:10 AM
Oh well, we got the Javie game out of the way.

Borosai
05-15-2007, 12:10 AM
Do not expect a single Suns fan to comment on this one.

florige
05-15-2007, 12:12 AM
It doesn't help matters that we played like a-holes pretty much the entire 4th either. It was f'ed up calls on both sides tonight.

Budkin
05-15-2007, 12:13 AM
Yeah it was bullshit but we were still leading after all that. We choked plain and simple, stop making excuses.

L.I.T
05-15-2007, 12:13 AM
Suns closed the game, Spurs didn't.

However, I will say that the fact that Duncan was on the bench for a lot of the second half fucked his rhythm up bad.

CharlieMac
05-15-2007, 12:14 AM
I dont like blaming the refs. Much.

Dan Rather
05-15-2007, 12:15 AM
only a fag,Jason Thompson, or someone like you with one post would blame the refs.
hey asshat? you had a 10 point lead and you got schooled, deal with it, and move on!

that's If your still alive Tuesday

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/Spurs/pop-sucks-8.jpg

jaespur21
05-15-2007, 12:15 AM
The refs were 1 sided and rediculous but if we dont play so bad in the 4th we win.

Tonight showed the suns dont have shit. barbosa has no game, diaw same, kurt thomas looks like reggie miller out there, keep going to him.
Spurs will be much better on wednesday night

Mr. Black
05-15-2007, 12:16 AM
Above all I hate it how Nash is allowed to run into to people to free his teammates up.

Why is it that the refs, and everyone else think this is a legal move?

SequSpur
Stupid topic. Being a fucking whiner...

THE SIXTH MAN
Well, I'm not surprised that with all the whining by the suns that has been going on it payed off for them.

UV Ray
05-15-2007, 12:17 AM
Do not expect a single Suns fan to comment on this one.
The Spurs are exposed for what they are: Old goons.

duncan228
05-15-2007, 12:19 AM
I don't whine, I don't play the ref card.
But Duncan got screwed tonight.
Can't do anything about it.
Duncan will come out on fire in game 5.

florige
05-15-2007, 12:20 AM
The refs were 1 sided and rediculous but if we dont play so bad in the 4th we win.

Tonight showed the suns dont have shit. barbosa has no game, diaw same, kurt thomas looks like reggie miller out there, keep going to him.
Spurs will be much better on wednesday night

We kinda knew that coming in to the game what to expect. The 4th quarter though has to pretty much rest on us with this one. We gave that game way. I expect Wed night we take care of business, I hope so anyway. Manu had another dismal night as well.

Kobulingam
05-15-2007, 12:22 AM
Why is it that the refs, and everyone else think this is a legal move?

Everyone else? Like who?

Dingle Barry
05-15-2007, 12:23 AM
i wouldnt mind dying

UV Ray
05-15-2007, 12:24 AM
I don't whine, I don't play the ref card.
But Duncan got screwed tonight.
Can't do anything about it.
Duncan will come out on fire in game 5.

You just whined and played the ref card.

Mr. Black
05-15-2007, 12:26 AM
People I know... and watched the game with.

myhc
05-15-2007, 12:27 AM

LOL

BradLohaus
05-15-2007, 12:29 AM
Yeah it was bullshit but we were still leading after all that. We choked plain and simple, stop making excuses.

Sometimes the refs do alter the outcome of a game. I mean they were horrible tonight. Tim commited 2 fouls, 3 at most; this was makeup for Amare.

We didn't have Tim for most of crunch time. Why do you think we lost the lead? The foul calls against us were just plain awful and against TD in particular.

They called so many more fouls on us; the Suns shot twice as many FT as us!

We shot 7 FT's going into the 4th and the Suns had shot nearly 20. I mean come on.

sammy
05-15-2007, 12:30 AM
This was disgraceful, but I knew as soon as I heard who the refs were that the Spurs were going to play against 8!

blaze89
05-15-2007, 12:31 AM
It was more than the refs for the loss but the "coincidence" is just baffling to me.

Kobulingam
05-15-2007, 12:32 AM
People I know... and watched the game with.

You need to find smarter friends. Same can be said of your friends.

Nash running into people (pushing them off balance) before handing off to teammate IS A FOUL.

Borosai
05-15-2007, 12:32 AM
The Suns got some bs calls down the stretch, but the Spurs lost this game with bad execution. They folded.

sammy
05-15-2007, 12:34 AM
Despite the Suns run at the end, this game would have come down to the Suns fouling the Spurs to extend the game were it not for terrible calls against the Spurs and TD in particular. I mean just terrible. The Suns closed it out, but there wouldn't have been a game to close out if it weren't for the horrible calls.

The whining paid off. No doubt about it. The only justice is that both Diaw and Amare are suspended for a game. Still we only break even because the refs were awful in this game. The Suns should have been out of it in crunch time. Horrific calls, especially against TD.

Agreed!

debKISS10
05-15-2007, 12:34 AM
Refs Were Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooo Horrible

mavsfan1000
05-15-2007, 12:35 AM
Yep the refs have decided the last 2 games. Stern said to make sure it goes 7.

sammy
05-15-2007, 12:35 AM

Yes, but there still Bavetta and Salvatore still out there! Those are the other crooked refs that Spurs need to be wary of! :bang

bigfish22
05-15-2007, 12:37 AM
I'm really tired of seeing the "REF" posts after every game, win or lose. Just play the fucking game, and to the rest of you... quit bitching.

Budkin
05-15-2007, 12:38 AM
only a fag,Jason Thompson, or someone like you with one post would blame the refs.
hey asshat? you had a 10 point lead and you got schooled, deal with it, and move on!

that's If your still alive Tuesday

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/Spurs/pop-sucks-8.jpg

mouse... make some new graphics... I want to laugh again.

sammy
05-15-2007, 12:39 AM

Fuck you asshole! Your bitch team got bailed out! Otherwise this series would be 3-1 so shut the fuck up troll! I wish Nash had got hurt whiny ass bitch! Way to go Horry! I'm so going to enjoy watching Stoudemire and Diaw suspended for being such dumbasses! Horry can take a day off and come back strong for the close out game!

4lifecowboy
05-15-2007, 12:43 AM
People say when you blame the refs you are whining, but you can see when a string of bad calls change the momentum of the game. They robbed us of our aggression And I'm sure Horry's reaction was direct effect of that. I actually recall Nash on one play pass the ball and then put both arms out sheilding two defenders from closing on the shooter.

K-State Spur
05-15-2007, 12:44 AM
Well, some very questionable calls definitely kept the Spurs from burying the Suns in the third quarter. They probably wouldn't have been within reach to make a run at the end if not for their consistent trips to the free throw line from the middle of the third to the early fourth.

But, if the Spurs had played the last 5 minutes like they played the first 43, it wouldn't have mattered one iota.

Curious: When was the last time that a team that has been outshot by 15 free throws AT HOME not once, but twice, in a single playoffs?

TDMVPDPOY
05-15-2007, 12:47 AM
wat tickd me off is the first half officiating was okay

and then 2nd half refs came in and fuckd it up

majinkoola
05-15-2007, 12:50 AM
Well...

The Suns shot 6 free throws at the end of the game when the Spurs were trying to foul (two from flagrant and four others) so those are negligible. Then it's a bit closer.

But the fact is, the Suns got screwed by the refs in game 3, and any unbiased observer could see that. So I really don't care what the refs did in game 4.

jcrod
05-15-2007, 12:52 AM
Well...

The Suns shot 6 free throws at the end of the game when the Spurs were trying to foul (two from flagrant and four others) so those are negligible. Then it's a bit closer.

But the fact is, the Suns got screwed by the refs in game 3, and any unbiased observer could see that. So I really don't care what the refs did in game 4.

Yep, Spurs still should've won this game.

Loose Cannon
05-15-2007, 12:52 AM
Don't tell me the refs didn't change the outcome of the game when the best player in basketball had to sit for at least half of the 4th quarter because of a "charge" during which the replay showed Nash was CLEARLY in the protected area.

Fucking bullshit.

Shaolin-Style
05-15-2007, 01:19 AM
The bad call on TD charging nash to bench=crucial.

So the refs in all likelihood dictated the change of pace of the game in the suns favor with one single call. Not hard to argue that.

slayermin
05-15-2007, 01:37 AM
Ginobili was manhandled twice by Raja Bell down the stretch. Barbosa got that bs and one. I think one of the travel calls on TD was not traveling. Nash shoves Bowen with a forearm then shoves Ginobili and sets up Raja Bell for a three (He missed).

Spurs didn't help themselves. That Finley desperation three to beat the shot clock was a horrible possession. TD turned the ballover on a couple of travels and offensive fouls. We couldn't hit shit.

Game four is over. Let's all get a good nights sleep and hope the guys fill their cup up one more time. We all know they can.

timvp
05-15-2007, 01:39 AM
The Spurs choked. They had numerous chances to put this game away and didn't do it.

The refs were fine.

Obstructed_View
05-15-2007, 01:41 AM
The Spurs choked. They had numerous chances to put this game away and didn't do it.

The refs were fine.
+1. The Spurs had the game in hand and started making terrible decisions, missing shots, not playing defense, wasting timeouts and turning the ball over. The refs didn't do that. Good teams win games like that, and the Suns did.

Kobulingam
05-15-2007, 01:43 AM
Yep the refs have decided the last 2 games. Stern said to make sure it goes 7.

No. YOu can't say the Refs caused Spurs to win Game 3. The bias in Game 3 was VERY SMALL (maybe zero). Duncan was held on every posession.

This game was horrible. Suns lose by 20 if it wasn't for Refs.

Pistons < Spurs
05-15-2007, 01:45 AM
The way the Spurs finished this game is the reason for the loss. Not the refs. Between Pops idiotic play calls, timeouts and benching of Duncan, combined with bonehead play after bonehead play from Duncan, the Spurs choked it away. The game was done. All they had to do was close it out. And they failed. Where was the D? A 16-3 run to finish the game? You kidding me? Fade aways from Finley?

The last half of the 4th qtr was not Spurs basketball. They completely let up.

Don't blame the officiating.

Kobulingam
05-15-2007, 01:45 AM
People say when you blame the refs you are whining, but you can see when a string of bad calls change the momentum of the game. They robbed us of our aggression And I'm sure Horry's reaction was direct effect of that. I actually recall Nash on one play pass the ball and then put both arms out sheilding two defenders from closing on the shooter.

Yes he does that a lot to free up Thomas and Amare. Late in the game he ran into Manu and pushed him to get him off balance. This freed Raja Bell up for an easy pass to a layup. This was another momentum shifting point.

Kobulingam
05-15-2007, 01:47 AM
The way the Spurs finished this game is the reason for the loss. Not the refs.

Point is, with more balanced officiating Spurs would have been up big in the game. So the refs did cause the loss, though Spurs still had a chance to win the game.

kps0001
05-15-2007, 01:47 AM
all i can say is ....Wow the fucking irony of this thread!!!!!

Kobulingam
05-15-2007, 01:50 AM
Ginobili was manhandled twice by Raja Bell down the stretch. Barbosa got that bs and one.

I like how Barbose leaned 70 degrees to push his body into Parker for that call.

Kobulingam
05-15-2007, 01:51 AM
all i can say is ....Wow the fucking irony of this thread!!!!!

Bitch, we were going to put your team away this game.

Game 3, sure some calls were not called on us, but it didn't lead to the loss for you guys. Duncan was fouled many times that game without calls so STFU, it was pretty even.

FromWayDowntown
05-15-2007, 01:53 AM
Anyone who has complained about the Suns' whining and is now complaining about officiating is a flat-damned hypocrite.

The Spurs failed to execute in the 4th quarter. At 82-72, they had the Suns literally at the tipping point. I still think that moment might very well have been the tipping point for the entire series. Instead of continuing to play Spurs basketball, though, the Spurs fell into a rut of very poor offensive execution and very poor defensive effort, both of which killed them. The Spurs should be pissed -- but they should be pissed at themselves and only themselves. I'd hope that we'll see a better effort on Wednesday, particularly since they now have to get another game in Phoenix if they're to have any chance to advance.

A little focus and a little respect for the opponent would do wonders.

Pistons < Spurs
05-15-2007, 01:55 AM
Anyone who has complained about the Suns' whining and is now complaining about officiating is a flat-damned hypocrite.

:clap :clap :clap :clap

RonMexico
05-15-2007, 01:57 AM

Run into another player? That's something the Spurs have never done....

You fail to realize that the Spurs took 23 3pointers to the Suns' 14. I guess Parker should have been fouled on all those dumb jumpers he was taking in the 4th quarter?

RonMexico
I like how Barbose leaned 70 degrees to push his body into Parker for that call.

Haha - Parker was still moving! And he barely touched him! It was a no-call at best because Tony's flop made Barbosa fall.

miss paxton
The way the Spurs finished this game is the reason for the loss. Not the refs. Between Pops idiotic play calls, timeouts and benching of Duncan, combined with bonehead play after bonehead play from Duncan, the Spurs choked it away. The game was done. All they had to do was close it out. And they failed. Where was the D? A 16-3 run to finish the game? You kidding me? Fade aways from Finley?

The last half of the 4th qtr was not Spurs basketball. They completely let up.

Don't blame the officiating.

Great post. Even though I don't think discussing bad calls always necessarily equates to blaming losses on refs, I really don't even see the point of discussing the officiating here.

A little focus and a little respect for the opponent would do wonders.

Exactly.

SA210
05-15-2007, 01:59 AM
And now cometh Salvitore...

RonMexico
05-15-2007, 01:59 AM
No. YOu can't say the Refs caused Spurs to win Game 3. The bias in Game 3 was VERY SMALL (maybe zero). Duncan was held on every posession.

You've got to be joking. Amare is held by Horry/Duncan on every play and you bitch that Duncan was finally called for a foul on Nash and a moving screen (firsts for both in this series, btw)... but the refs handed the Suns the game... oh yeah, no dobut about it.

And can you believe they gave Horry a Flagrant 2 for that foul when it was obvious Nash's smaller body caused him to fly out of bounds. The inhumanity of this officiating crew. Let's ignore the complete offensive meltdown by the Spurs in the 4th quarter.

mavsfan1000
05-15-2007, 02:41 AM

Game 3 was possibly the worst reffed games ever. I guess I've watched the nba too long so it has been ridiculously one-sided so many times. I'll give it that the suns got the benefits this game but the spurs got it all in game 3 as well.

Kobulingam
05-15-2007, 02:42 AM
Haha - Parker was still moving! And he barely touched him! It was a no-call at best because Tony's flop made Barbosa fall.

If an offensive player deliberately tries to make contact like that (leaning in severely) and Parker is barely moving then it's still a foul on Barbosa. Suns ended up with a buck and foul.

BradLohaus
05-15-2007, 02:59 AM
Phx shot 21 FTs to our 9 going into the 4th, that's why the game was even close. Most of those were bullshit calls, and many on TD. Phx had no business shooting twice as many fts as us. They didn't take it to the hole and get fouled that much more than SA. Timmy shot 4 fucking free throws vs. 5 fouls. Anyone who watched the game knows that this is crap. He couldn't even play most of when it counted because of the BS calls.

Amare got called for one foul he didn't commit in game 3, the Oberto charge. How many BS calls did TD get tonight? 3? 4? When Timmy went down in the 4th because of fouls we were still up but the momentum had died.

This game shouldn't have been there for the Suns' taking but for the bad foul calls. Yeah we should have closed better but it wasn't supposed to come to that.

cly2tw
05-15-2007, 03:18 AM
I'm a Suns fan, so I'm certainly a little biased. For what's the worth, I'd say almost all calls made by the refs were correct and they called it quite consistently throughout the whole game. The problem for you guys is that means many no-calls TD and Bowen normally enjoyed got called. Particularly, they didn't allow Bowen's little tricks of pushing and tripping Nash when Nash drove by him, the way they allowed it in game 3. And the call on TD's shooting foul on Nash for body contact could be construed as a makeup call on calling Nash's offensive foul against Parker earlier. TD normally can get away with a no-call for his status.

Well, the consequence is TD with 5 fouls makes him equally vulnerable like Amare in the closing minutes. And well, Amare won that duel this time around.

But, really, the game was partially lost on Pop's "over-coaching" and probably over-confidence in the plays by Barry and Finley. I could understand Horry's losing it on frustration for exactly this aspect: you lost it without him being able to play a role.

BradLohaus
05-15-2007, 03:24 AM
^There's no way you deserved twice as many FTs as us.

Spurs Brazil
05-15-2007, 06:33 AM
Spurs and the refs were terrible

GhostofAlfrederickHughes
05-15-2007, 07:29 AM
Phx shot 21 FTs to our 9 going into the 4th, that's why the game was even close. Most of those were bullshit calls, and many on TD. Phx had no business shooting twice as many fts as us. They didn't take it to the hole and get fouled that much more than SA. Timmy shot 4 fucking free throws vs. 5 fouls. Anyone who watched the game knows that this is crap. He couldn't even play most of when it counted because of the BS calls.

Amare got called for one foul he didn't commit in game 3, the Oberto charge. How many BS calls did TD get tonight? 3? 4? When Timmy went down in the 4th because of fouls we were still up but the momentum had died.

This game shouldn't have been there for the Suns' taking but for the bad foul calls. Yeah we should have closed better but it wasn't supposed to come to that.GREAT points. That's exactly why we're bitching about the calls. The Spurs should have been up by 15-20 points. The bad officiating didn't "lose" the game---the Spurs did---but they clearly left the door wide open.

themvp
05-15-2007, 07:30 AM
The refs were fine.

They weren't. I just can't get over it. And I hate whining.

George Gervin's Afro
05-15-2007, 07:32 AM
Well it seems as though the suns crying has finally been rewarded however this is not the reason we lost. the suns wanted it more than our guys during the last few minutes of the game. I certainly don't want to give the impression that the good guys didn't want it it's just that the bad guys wanted it more. Phoenix earned this victory tonight however I am not devastated nor discouraged. One team is going to win another game on the other's court so let's hope it's the good guys.

George Gervin's Afro
05-15-2007, 07:33 AM
I'm a Suns fan, so I'm certainly a little biased. For what's the worth, I'd say almost all calls made by the refs were correct and they called it quite consistently throughout the whole game. The problem for you guys is that means many no-calls TD and Bowen normally enjoyed got called. Particularly, they didn't allow Bowen's little tricks of pushing and tripping Nash when Nash drove by him, the way they allowed it in game 3. And the call on TD's shooting foul on Nash for body contact could be construed as a makeup call on calling Nash's offensive foul against Parker earlier. TD normally can get away with a no-call for his status.

Well, the consequence is TD with 5 fouls makes him equally vulnerable like Amare in the closing minutes. And well, Amare won that duel this time around.

But, really, the game was partially lost on Pop's "over-coaching" and probably over-confidence in the plays by Barry and Finley. I could understand Horry's losing it on frustration for exactly this aspect: you lost it without him being able to play a role.

don't forget Bell's flopping... he's becoming tha karl malone of floppers.. either that guy is a weak bitch or he is an actor..

GrandeDavid
05-15-2007, 07:53 AM
welcome, you will fit in nice here as long as you blame the refs for every loss :smokin

Well, most of the contributors here are terrific. You do, however, have a supposed Spurs fan moron who will blow out the occassional childish expletive then duck out of threads like a punk ass bitch. But other than that, its just passionate fans.

And I think Spurs fans have a right to complain. There were definitely some shady calls. In fact, if you consider the lousy officiating coupled with San Anotnio's lack of interest down the stretch, then it would've been a crime for Phoenix NOT to have won this game.

SAGambler
05-15-2007, 07:54 AM

Exactly....How is that NOT a moving screen? And then all Nash has to do was slip and lay down on the floor, and it's a trip to the FT line.....

GrandeDavid
05-15-2007, 07:56 AM
Stupid topic. Being a fucking whiner...

Case in point, Nuggets fan.

ballhog
05-15-2007, 08:46 AM
Raja Bell is the second coming of Vlade (flopper) Divac. He walks into walls and flops to the floor. He knows which officials are going to go for it and does it. He gets credit, but he's very overrated in my opinion.

wildbill2u
05-15-2007, 08:51 AM
comments
I'm still looking in the rule book for the place where it says the fouls have to be evenly distributed throughout the game.

Or that a favoritism toward the home team is permissible.

I can't find those rules anywhere.

Let's face it we lost. Win the next two.

LilMissSPURfect
05-15-2007, 09:24 AM
but there was supposed to be a no flopping rule implemented this season......right?