PDA

View Full Version : If Amare gets suspended and Spurs win the series...

Amuseddaysleeper
05-15-2007, 12:24 AM
will the series win be considered tainted?

Pistons < Spurs
05-15-2007, 12:26 AM

sabar
05-15-2007, 12:29 AM
Then all the bandwagon Suns fans will never be seen here again and everyone will forget about the series as it's just round 2.

RC's Boss
05-15-2007, 12:30 AM
Not to me. I'll gladly cheer on in the WCF

anonymous coward
05-15-2007, 12:31 AM

it's the sky blue?. it's bowen drty? :wtf

easjer
05-15-2007, 12:32 AM
You don't think so? It was tough already, given the dirty label that's been thrown around and arguments about the so called advantage the Spurs have.

If Amare AND Diaw are out - and we win game 5 and go on to win (which look a lot harder than it did about an hour and a half ago), you think it won't be thrown out that the only reason we won game 5 was because Amare was out?

I mean, according to our detractors - we only won game 1 because Nash was out due to a stupid rule about blood, and we only game 3 because of favorable calls by the refs.

So yeah, I think so. Another reason I'm pissed at Horry.

JMarkJohns
05-15-2007, 12:33 AM
It's certainly no way to win a series for a proud franchise.

I like how Horry can lose it, and his team gain everything.

Cry Havoc
05-15-2007, 12:34 AM

That means that every series which has had a player suspended should be considered tainted as well.

Somehow, I just don't see it. No matter what happens, people will forget about it and move on, save the fans of each team.

I just pray we don't see another "malice at the palace". The intensity of this series has escalated to incredible heights.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-15-2007, 12:34 AM
I think it's great. No more complaining about the Spurs being boring. We're now the new age version of the Bad Boy Pistons. Everyone loves a bad guy, and we're even wearing black :lol

Crank up the ACDC in pre-game of game 6, lose the 80s techno, and let's get it on :makemyday

Cry Havoc
05-15-2007, 12:35 AM

If the Suns would have behaved like people with an IQ over 70, your team would have NOTHING to worry about.

florige
05-15-2007, 12:36 AM
Don't suspend him. Let the guy play. It was stupid but this is the playoffs. I want us to beat phx straight up, not with there KEY player out for the game.

Borosai
Horry lost his cool, Amare stopped using his brain cell. Both teams will have to deal with it.

sabar
I think it's great. No more complaining about the Spurs being boring. We're now the new age version of the Bad Boy Pistons. Everyone loves a bad guy, and we're even wearing black :lol

Crank up the ACDC in pre-game of game 6, lose the 80s techno, and let's get it on :makemyday:lol

I agree, it's time to shed our "soft" label. If people think we're dirty we might as well take out players and start fights on occassion, at least we'll be true to our label. :ihit

monosylab1k
05-15-2007, 12:37 AM

If Amare gets suspended, I think there will be bigger things to worry about than a tainted series victory (which really wouldn't be all that tainted...it's only one game).

I'd be prepared for all hell to break loose in the game that Amare returns....especially if the Spurs start to run away with it....I think at that point Raja Bell and Co. will deliver "payback" in an incredibly unfortunate way.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-15-2007, 12:44 AM
Here's the thing - you've got people already saying 'Horry should be suspended because he lost his cool, but Amare and Diaw shouldn't be suspended for losing theirs.'

What kind of bullshit logic is that? If Amare and Diaw get a pass for losing their cool, give old man Horry one too.

Otherwise, apply the rules like they should be and they all sit out game 5.

bobbyjoe
05-15-2007, 12:49 AM
You don't think so? It was tough already, given the dirty label that's been thrown around and arguments about the so called advantage the Spurs have.

If Amare AND Diaw are out - and we win game 5 and go on to win (which look a lot harder than it did about an hour and a half ago), you think it won't be thrown out that the only reason we won game 5 was because Amare was out?

I mean, according to our detractors - we only won game 1 because Nash was out due to a stupid rule about blood, and we only game 3 because of favorable calls by the refs.

So yeah, I think so. Another reason I'm pissed at Horry.

Ok, Games 1 and 3 are ludicrous. Would the Suns have won if Nash wasn't bleeding? Who the hell cares, injuries are part of the game.

As for Game 3, it wasn't a super one sided job by the refs.

Now as for Game 5, it would be pretty ludicrous if Horry, Stoudemire, and Diaw receive the same level of punishment, given Horry started the incident with a dirty cheapshot reeking of poor sportsmanship then elbowed Bell in the face to boot and Amare and Diaw did leave the bench but did retreat and did not pour gas on the fire, which is why that rule was put in in the first place.

Just ignoring the literal rule and focusing on who did what wrong, if you fine Stoud/Diaw for 1 game, Horry deserves 10 to 20 because his "crime" was that much worse and he was the initiator of the event.

Since it's the playoffs and this has been a terrific series to watch (all 4 games have been just awesome, except Game 2 2nd half which got away from SA) as a neutral fan, I'd like to see the league look past what happened and not suspend anyone so we can keep seeing some great ball.

This is the playoffs and you really need to hold back on suspensions but for blatant deals, like Bell's clothesline last yr.

But if anyone does truly deserve a suspension, how can any Spurs fan deny it's Horry. I mean cmon.

JMarkJohns
05-15-2007, 12:54 AM
If the Suns would have behaved like people with an IQ over 70, your team would have NOTHING to worry about.

My mistake. I forgot you're not allowed to be human when your teammate is assaulted.

I get the suspension. It's weak as hell that some here are delighting in it.

If that's how you want to win, proving the label of "dirty" in the process, go right on and delight.

I've always pulled for the Spurs because they were classy, and because I thought the majority here were such as well. Maybe the majority here are classy, though that's a bit of a stretch at this point, but the Spurs themselves sure as hell aren't. You're only as strong as you're weakest link. Obviously the Suns weakness is Amare and Diaw's inability to contain their gut reaction to protect their teammate. You're only as classy as you dirtiest player. Horry is trash. He's hit big shots for ya, and won ya Titles, but he's complete trash and those who refuse to acknowledge it are hypocrite sellouts.

If only the shoe was on the other foot... then maybe you'd appreciate the kind of grief us Suns fans are going through. Their biggest win in a decade is married to potentially their biggest loss.

Forget it. You're all to giddy to give a damn.

Enjoy your Title.

Man of Steel
05-15-2007, 01:05 AM
The best thing would be for the league to not suspend anybody--let both teams play at full strength--and let the best team win.

bobbyjoe
05-15-2007, 01:05 AM
That means that every series which has had a player suspended should be considered tainted as well.

Somehow, I just don't see it. No matter what happens, people will forget about it and move on, save the fans of each team.

I just pray we don't see another "malice at the palace". The intensity of this series has escalated to incredible heights.

What if every single Sun had left the bench? Would you like to play 12 on 0? Lol.

If someone delivers a viscous cheapshot to Duncan in a game where the outcome was decided out of frustration, I'd hope the Spurs bench said Funk the rules and let's defend our superstart. In the heat of the moment, the first thing in your mind is not going to be "I cant leave the bench".

Amuseddaysleeper
05-15-2007, 01:07 AM
if amare gets suspended for game 5 I almost hope the suns win just so the naysayers won't have any excuses for why the spurs won since amare wasn't there

As i said in another thread, Horry just might have single handedly ruined this entire series.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-15-2007, 01:09 AM
My mistake. I forgot you're not allowed to be human when your teammate is assaulted.

Assault? It was a hip check you poser :lol

Budkin
05-15-2007, 01:09 AM
I'd be fine if nobody got suspended... but it we get singled out it will suck.

JMarkJohns
05-15-2007, 01:10 AM
if amare gets suspended for game 5 I almost hope the suns win just so the naysayers won't have any excuses for why the spurs won since amare wasn't there

As i said in another thread, Horry just might have single handedly ruined this entire series.

If only Nash had run the other direction.

THE SIXTH MAN
05-15-2007, 01:11 AM
Like some one else said, it's just one game. It's not like the Spurs are going to make the judgement on a suspension. So why should the Spurs be penalized for a player on another teams actions? Rules are rules, but that has to be one of the most stupidest rules in the NBA. Many players are on the court the whole game.

JMarkJohns
05-15-2007, 01:13 AM
Assault? It was a hip check you poser :lol

It was unnecessary, and, considering Nash was running close to full speed while rounding a corner, it was a move that really could have injured him.

It didn't, but that shouldn't justify it.

Are you telling me Horry was incapable of simply slapping at Nash in an attempts to foul? Or would that have been too classy for trash like you? He couldn't just accept a tough loss like a man, but had to throw a baby fit and go cross-sport on a player in the closing seconds of a game?

Lame.

TampaDude
05-15-2007, 01:14 AM
Enjoy your Title.

WTF are you talking about? The series is tied 2-2 and the Suns clearly have the momentum...relax!

mavsfan1000
05-15-2007, 01:14 AM
It was unnecessary, and, considering Nash was running close to full speed while rounding a corner, it was a move that really could have injured him.

Are you telling me Horry was incapable of simply slapping at Nash in an attempts to foul? Or would that have been too classy for trash like you? He couldn't just accept a tough loss like a man, but had to throw a baby fit and go cross-sport on a player in the closing seconds of a game?

Lame.
Agreed. Aggie Hoopsfan is scum.

sabar
05-15-2007, 01:16 AM
Well the scorer's table being there made it look much worse than it was, but still a retarded move by Horry, he should have known better and just go for a grab.

Budkin
05-15-2007, 01:19 AM
Why are people trying to defend Horry... it was a punk move and a bad decision on his part.

JMarkJohns
05-15-2007, 01:19 AM
WTF are you talking about? The series is tied 2-2 and the Suns clearly have the momentum...relax!

Wish I could.

If this was Duncan and Ginobili in limbo would you be able to relax?

sabar
05-15-2007, 01:20 AM
Every time someone gets suspended, the Spurs get killed. Look at last year. I don't see this being any easier.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-15-2007, 01:20 AM
Agreed. Aggie Hoopsfan is scum.

Ouch, I'm really hurt. Hurry, I think you and the MVP have a tee time to make :lol

JMarkJohns
05-15-2007, 01:21 AM
Well the scorer's table being there made it look much worse than it was, but still a retarded move by Horry, he should have known better and just go for a grab.

According to Aggie, Horry did know better, and the Spurs are better off for him throwin this "hip-check" than had they just lost graciously.

Amarelooms
05-15-2007, 01:24 AM
Ouch, I'm really hurt. Hurry, I think you and the MVP have a tee time to make :lol

At this rate Duncan might join him shortly. Btw tonight was a classic CHOKE JOB Mavs just got beat this year...didn't choke away a game like the Spurs just did lol :elephant

Catharsis
05-15-2007, 01:26 AM
At this rate Duncan might join him shortly. Btw tonight was a classic CHOKE JOB Mavs just got beat this year...didn't choke away a game like the Spurs just did lol :elephant
Yeah, because losing to the 8th seed in the first round isn't a choke job...:rolleyes

Budkin
05-15-2007, 01:28 AM

How can you honestly say the Mavs didn't choke.... you are fucking delusional.

TampaDude
05-15-2007, 02:08 AM
Wish I could.

If this was Duncan and Ginobili in limbo would you be able to relax?

If the Spurs had 2 of the 3 remaining at home, yes.

TampaDude
05-15-2007, 02:09 AM

No, they just choked the whole fucking series to the #8 seed in the biggest upset in NBA playoff history! :lmao

rwb
05-15-2007, 03:47 AM
Getting back to the topic...The Spurs' first trophy was "tainted" too, according to Phil Jackson. It wouldn't be new ground to break. I'd really rather our team not be known as thugs, though.

UV Ray
05-15-2007, 03:59 AM

Dude, delete your post. It's embarrassing.

Obstructed_View
05-15-2007, 04:00 AM
A win is a win, but I'd rather see the Spurs beat good teams playing their best ball with no excuses any day of the week.

florige
05-15-2007, 07:52 AM
If the Spurs had 2 of the 3 remaining at home, yes.

Man screw all this homecourt talk crap!! REAL championship caliber teams when games ANYWHERE! It doesn't matter if your home or away. Sure homecourt does matter some, but you people are acting as if the world is going to end now that Phx has homecourt. Now we are just back to where we started. It's like Phx won their two games at home and we won our two. And I'm also tired of all these so-called sports analyst talking about how impossible it is to win in SA. Just like they were all saying how impossibe to win in GS. Yeah right get a clue. Bottom line championship teams make plays. It doesn't matter where you are playing...

DarrinS
05-15-2007, 07:55 AM

yes

Findog
05-15-2007, 08:00 AM

Lame.

Exactly. In that situation, all Horry has to do is swipe at Nash's dribble to get called for the reach in. The refs know the situation too and are ready to blow the whistle. As far as I'm concerned, I want this at full strength for both teams. Horry got his F2 and an ejection, it shouldn't carry over to G5. Amare and Diaw were held back and restrained by their coaching staff, which was certainly aware of the leaving the bench rule and should be rewarded for being heads up on that. You're wasting your time arguing with an Aggie, who is a blind homer troll. Stick to intelligent discussions with classy Spurs posters like FromWayDowntown, mardigan, Obstructed View, Trainwreck 2000, DarrinS and Amuseddaysleeper.

SAGambler
05-15-2007, 08:04 AM

Remember Horry is an old vet at this game. He very well may have figured that players from their bench would jump up and get their dumb butts suspended.....I wouldn't put anything past Horry when it comes to getting an edge.

T Park
05-15-2007, 08:08 AM
christ suns fan, butch up.

GrandeDavid
05-15-2007, 08:12 AM

I get the suspension. It's weak as hell that some here are delighting in it.

If that's how you want to win, proving the label of "dirty" in the process, go right on and delight.

I've always pulled for the Spurs because they were classy, and because I thought the majority here were such as well. Maybe the majority here are classy, though that's a bit of a stretch at this point, but the Spurs themselves sure as hell aren't. You're only as strong as you're weakest link. Obviously the Suns weakness is Amare and Diaw's inability to contain their gut reaction to protect their teammate. You're only as classy as you dirtiest player. Horry is trash. He's hit big shots for ya, and won ya Titles, but he's complete trash and those who refuse to acknowledge it are hypocrite sellouts.

If only the shoe was on the other foot... then maybe you'd appreciate the kind of grief us Suns fans are going through. Their biggest win in a decade is married to potentially their biggest loss.

Forget it. You're all to giddy to give a damn.

Enjoy your Title.

I'll admit there are some rambling trolls that spill in here, and even a regular or two who offer nothing but insults and curses and would serve everyone by just disappearing, but the vast majority of fans have plenty of that over-used characteristic - class.

This is a San Antonio Spurs FAN FORUM, where impassioned fans vent, debate, rant on and speak their minds. If you don't like it, try a Suns forum. I'm sure there are PLENTY of the same types of off the wall comments being made.

And I really don't care for your comment that you used to like the Spurs, but now you don't because of Horry or whatever. Listen, you never liked the Spurs and still do not know them. They are out there playing tough playoff basketball and taking WAY too many shots to the body themselves. So stop with the "Spurs are the bad guys" junk.

And Robert Horry body checked Nash. It happens. Did you not see Leandro flip Parker? Did you not see Marion rake Manu's eye? Did you not see Amare and Thomas both forearm the back of Tim's head on a no call last night?

The difference is the Spurs, being the CLASSY, proven championship team of great guys they are, opt not to bitch about it. And Gregg Popovich is the antithesis of the sobbing joke of a coach, Mike D'Antoni.

The only, ONLY nice thing I have to say about the Phoenix Suns is Steve Nash. The rest, from the coach, to the trainer yelling in Bowen's ear during a game time three point shot, to the entire roster have disappointed me in some way or another. But once the series is over, no hard feelings.

to21
05-15-2007, 08:13 AM
It would suck if that were the case.

However, the Suns can win w/o Amare.

In addition, if the shoe was on the other foot, no one would feel for us. It would still be a win!

GrandeDavid
05-15-2007, 08:16 AM
Every time someone gets suspended, the Spurs get killed. Look at last year. I don't see this being any easier.

The Spurs won the game that Jason Terry missed.

GrandeDavid
05-15-2007, 08:19 AM
One more thing. Nash got up and handled his business. Stop treating him like he needs to be coddled. He got body checked and Horry will pay a big fine for it. Thankfully nobody was hurt, now get over it. Nash certainly has, as has Parker gotten over Leandro's undercut, and Ginobili has gotten over Marion's face raking, and Duncan has gotten over his numerous whacks to the head.

Stop it already, you bleeding heart wimps! Its not like Horry is gonna get away with it. He's gonna pay the price. Stop calling him and Spurs fans out over a physical foul.

Weak takes!

longrod
05-15-2007, 08:23 AM

Bullshit. It's partly a chess game and Horry *may* have just pulled a brilliant move that'll be the undoing of the Sun's in this series. Let's just hope that the league follows its own rules.

dre11863
05-15-2007, 08:25 AM
We all know that the Suns would be screaming for our players to be suspended if they left the bench. Rules are put in place to keep the game clean and not get other people hurt. It specifically states that if you leave the Bench area during an altercation you draw an automatic one game suspension. They is no caveat saying "Well this is the playoffs so we won't enforce the rule." Rules are Rules, Suns fans would be screaming for the suspension of Barry and Ginobili if they had done the same thing as Diaw and Stoudewhiner :cry

longrod
05-15-2007, 08:33 AM
I've always pulled for the Spurs because they were classy, and because I thought the majority here were such as well.

This is exactly what has been wrong with the Spurs. I don't want you, or other opponent's fans to talk about them like that. I'd much rather have you hate them. I'm glad that Spurs culture is changing with this series. Time to forget about Robinson bending over for Malone like a little bitch.

Jimcs50
05-15-2007, 08:34 AM

Crank up the ACDC in pre-game of game 6, lose the 80s techno, and let's get it on :makemyday

Now you're messin' with a
A son of a bitch
Now you're messin' with a son of a bitch
Now you're messin' with a
A son of a bitch
Now you're messin' with a son of a bitch

TampaDude
05-15-2007, 08:39 AM
Man screw all this homecourt talk crap!! REAL championship caliber teams when games ANYWHERE! It doesn't matter if your home or away. Sure homecourt does matter some, but you people are acting as if the world is going to end now that Phx has homecourt. Now we are just back to where we started. It's like Phx won their two games at home and we won our two. And I'm also tired of all these so-called sports analyst talking about how impossible it is to win in SA. Just like they were all saying how impossibe to win in GS. Yeah right get a clue. Bottom line championship teams make plays. It doesn't matter where you are playing...

You do have a point...both teams split, so there really isn't any home court advantage in this series anymore...it's obvious that either team can take a road game, and lose a home game. So...here we are...it's down to the best of 3...may the hungriest team win! :toast

Soul_Patch
05-15-2007, 08:39 AM
Oh noes!! the peoples will think its tainted!!!

um...ill still be smiling looking at crying suns fans while still watching my team play basketball going for a trophy.

i could really care less what other fans think. I can garuntee you they (the suns) would love for it to be the other way around, and they have a "tainted" trophy in their case.

wildbill2u
05-15-2007, 08:42 AM

AC-DC would be great! I suggest "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap" as the song.

ctpsb
05-15-2007, 08:42 AM
I have told everyone over and over that it's like my kids, if you are going to cry I'll give you a reason to cry. The Suns wouldn't quit bitching and moaning so wouldn't you know just as I feared the refs like the mind-numbed robots they are had Duncan with 5 fouls at the end of the game.

SOOOO if you're going to keep accusing us of thuggery might as well benefit from it. We weren't playing dirty before but if the Suns keep crying about it and the idiot refs play along then might as well get what we can out of it!!

41times
05-15-2007, 08:43 AM
I guess Stat is worried about a suspension.

Stoudemire was caught on replays well off the bench but he said he was on his way to the scorer's table to check in when the incident happened. He said he's "just a little" worried about a possible suspension.

"I was just doing what the coach told me. He told me to check in," Stoudemire said. "I just got to say my prayers tonight."

TampaDude
05-15-2007, 08:44 AM
Oh noes!! the peoples will think its tainted!!!

um...ill still be smiling looking at crying suns fans while still watching my team play basketball going for a trophy.

i could really care less what other fans think. I can garuntee you they (the suns) would love for it to be the other way around, and they have a "tainted" trophy in their case.

Yup...a win is a win...a title is a title...

Jimcs50
05-15-2007, 08:45 AM
"I was just doing what the coach told me. He told me to check in," Stoudemire said. "I just got to say my prayers tonight."

:lol

He was not getting ready to check in....this is a blatant lie...he must think Stern is an idiot. :p:

Jimcs50
05-15-2007, 08:46 AM
1999 champs *

2007 champs *

I'll take it.

:toast

TampaDude
05-15-2007, 08:47 AM
I guess Stat is worried about a suspension.

Stoudemire was caught on replays well off the bench but he said he was on his way to the scorer's table to check in when the incident happened. He said he's "just a little" worried about a possible suspension.

Stat is a lying sack of shit. If I had any tiny shred of respect left for him, it's gone now. Fuck him!

leemajors
05-15-2007, 08:51 AM
it was perplexing, horry usually just wraps people up in that situation.

Jimcs50
05-15-2007, 08:54 AM
it was perplexing, horry usually just wraps people up in that situation.

He was pissed off and let his emotions get the best of him.....this happens in sports all the time...he is not a thug, he just fucked up and he will be the first to admit it.

Remember Howard's foul on Jax? Same thing, out of character, heat of the moment type thing.

MadDog73
05-15-2007, 08:56 AM
Stat is a lying sack of shit. If I had any tiny shred of respect left for him, it's gone now. Fuck him!

Dude, you can't blame him for trying to not get suspended.

I honestly don't understand what Suns fans are worried about...

even if Spurs win game 5, Suns have a great chance to win 6 and 7.

Jimcs50
05-15-2007, 08:58 AM
even if Spurs win game 5, Suns have a great chance to win 6 and 7.

Riiiiight.

MadDog73
05-15-2007, 09:13 AM
Riiiiight.

They do.

FACT: No one has won 2 games in a row yet.

If Spurs win Game 5, Suns will prob. win game 6 (they will be energized and ready, especially if Amare was suspended for Game 5).

That leaves Game 7, which should go to San Antonio. But, it's in PHX, and it's going to be a crazy game. After watching the Spurs choke away Game 4, I have no confidence they will win Game 7 in PHX.

Maybe they will, and in that case, I'll be happy to be wrong.

rr2418
05-15-2007, 09:16 AM
it's the sky blue?. it's bowen drty? :wtf

You forgot to add, " Is Kobey a rapist? "

mabber
05-15-2007, 09:19 AM

You need to give that hope up. If the Spurs lose this series (regardless of how), it certainly won't be their own fault (to a lot of the posters on this forum) :lol The rule on this forum is that either the Spurs win and everything is right with the world or they lose because the refs and/or league screwed them.

Scumbag
05-15-2007, 09:29 AM

You are an idiot. Plain and simple. You act like Amare was the one that decided to tackle your superstar that is 100lbs lighter.

But thats ok, make him into the bad guy.

Hook Dem
05-15-2007, 09:31 AM
Horry lost his cool, Amare stopped using his brain cell. Both teams will have to deal with it.
WHAT brain cell???? :spin

TampaDude
05-15-2007, 09:36 AM
You are an idiot. Plain and simple. You act like Amare was the one that decided to tackle your superstar that is 100lbs lighter.

But thats ok, make him into the bad guy.

No...YOU are the idiot if you think the rules shouldn't apply to the Suns. I'm not condoning what Horry did...it was classless and unnecessary, and he should be suspended for the rest of the series...but the rules are the rules, and Stoudemire is a professional...he should man up and take responsibility for his actions...he fucked up and will pay for it...case closed.

Dex
05-15-2007, 09:45 AM
It's unfortunate, but Pop really seems to put it best. It is what it is.

Hard fouls happen all the time. Was Robert Horry out of line for pulling a body check on Nash? Yes, but it wasn't the first hard foul of this series, and it probably won't be the last.

Any one of you Suns fans who wants to judge the entire Spurs organization from one dirty play by one player (who is, characteristically, known as a good guy) needs to remember that you have Raja Bell playing on your squad. That guy is as characteristically dirty as Bowen is, and his clothesline on Kobe Bryant last year was far more blatant than Horry's hip check. If your organization didn't get a 'dirty' label for that occurence, I don't see why you deserve to start pointing fingers at us now.

Regardless, Amare and Boris both came out ON the court. Had the PHX coaching staff not been able to slow them down or stop them, they probably would've made it all the way TO the altercation. I don't think they got involved, nor do I want them to be suspended, because I think it will taint what should be a great series and I believe in beating teams at their full strength.

But Kenny said it last night on TNT. You can't let them get away with breaking that rule, and then continue to enforce it in the future. Both Stoudemire and Diaw did EXACTLY what that rule was created to prevent, and the fact that they just didn't happen to make it to the fight doesn't provide any justification.

Regardless of why, they broke a cardinal rule of the game and they will probably have to pay for it. It's something that comes with youth, and you notice none of the Spurs players proceeded onto the court during the altercation.

I'm betting they'll be out. Both Pop and D'Antoni said they'll just have to make due with what they have. If they can accept it that easy, why can't everybody else?

sammy
05-15-2007, 10:58 AM
No! They were dumbasses and knew the rules! You don't go onto the floor when there is an altercation PERIOD! It's a mandatory 1 game suspension! They cost their team for being idiots!

rayray2k8
05-15-2007, 10:59 AM
Pops short answer from last year..
"Yes".

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-15-2007, 11:00 AM
The Suns can still win without Amare. I think Kurt Thomas would be a bigger loss than Amare in this series.

The only player the Suns can't win without is Nash, but as long as he's calling the shots I could probably line up at the 5 spot and the Suns would still do alright.