PDA

View Full Version : Should we insert Manu back into the starting lineup?

Buddy Holly
05-15-2007, 01:24 AM
Yes? No?

Budkin
05-15-2007, 01:26 AM
If Barry keeps playing the way he is then yes.

Ice009
05-15-2007, 01:54 AM
YES! Manu is not in rhythm he needs to start to get into his rhythm. Also, if possible Tony, Manu, Tim need to start and finish quarters together for at least two of the 4 quarters in the game. The scrub lineups at the start and end of quarters are really killing us and maybe don't let TP handle the ball when it comes to closing out quarters. Get someone else to run the play.

Udrihlooms
05-15-2007, 01:56 AM
and maybe don't let TP handle the ball when it comes to closing out quarters. Get someone else to run the play.

who do you have in mind?

timvp
05-15-2007, 01:57 AM
I couldn't care less at this point. It shouldn't take a poke to the eye to have him play well.

Pop should play the players who want to win the most. If that's Manu, so be it. But now isn't the time for babying.

SA210
05-15-2007, 02:02 AM
Yes

aaronstampler
05-15-2007, 02:13 AM
I'm tired of seeing pop call one set of plays for manu with tim/tony on the bench and another set when they're in there. That stupid top of the key shit doesn't work. They overplay it and both guys chase him.

If you're gonna run a pick and roll, do it from the wing and do it with duncan so he can pass to a guy who can score. Plus in game 3 they ran back cuts, backdoors the kind of shit he scored on in the reg season. None of that today. same play every time.

Ice009
05-15-2007, 02:14 AM
who do you have in mind?

Well you kind of got me there cause we don't really have anyone else to do it. I don't want Vaughn in there, but our execution with TP running the play at the end of quarters is non existent. He dribbles around too much and either throws a bad pass or forces a bad shot. He's not a good improviser like Nash either. I guess I shouldn't pick on TP because our whole teams execution at the end of quarters running the last play is really poor. Either that or Pop's plays suck.

I guess i'd give the ball to Manu and see if he can make something happen. Usually Manu has good enough court vision to pass it off if he can't score himself. The only problem is Manu's ball handling isn't as good as TP's.

ginobili fan
05-15-2007, 06:09 AM
Well you kind of got me there cause we don't really have anyone else to do it. I don't want Vaughn in there, but our execution with TP running the play at the end of quarters is non existent. He dribbles around too much and either throws a bad pass or forces a bad shot. He's not a good improviser like Nash either. I guess I shouldn't pick on TP because our whole teams execution at the end of quarters running the last play is really poor. Either that or Pop's plays suck.

I guess i'd give the ball to Manu and see if he can make something happen. Usually Manu has good enough court vision to pass it off if he can't score himself. The only problem is Manu's ball handling isn't as good as TP's.

Yeah the ball must go through tim's hand

timvp
05-15-2007, 06:48 AM
Plus in game 3 they ran back cuts, backdoors the kind of shit he scored on in the reg season. None of that today. same play every time.

Those aren't plays. Those are just Manu being active and freelancing on offense.

Texas_Ranger
05-15-2007, 06:55 AM
No!!

wildbill2u
05-15-2007, 09:27 AM
Yes? No?
I don't know if it will help his shooting. I mean, 3 of 14 isn't gonna cut it even if he starts.

It might help in this way--when we have all the Big 3 in the game at one time, it obviously opens things up and Many might go back to Super Manu. When he is in the game without Tim and TP the Suns focus on stopping his drives into the lane. It a strategy that is working very well for them.

However, if Many starts, our 6th man then becomes Finley and he's had trouble at leading the reserves this year.