PDA

View Full Version : It's actually conceivable...

bobbyjoe
05-15-2007, 01:42 AM
that only Diaw/Stoudemire are suspended from Game 5 and NOT Robert Horry.

Jason Richardson was not suspended for his tackle on Okur from Game 4. And he got a Flagrant 2 just like Horry did. Hard to see how Horry is suspended if JRich wasn't. Very similar frustration type of plays and I thought JRich's may have been worse quite frankly.

This sounds like a ridiculous scenario no doubt, but it could actually happen.

Kori Ellis
05-15-2007, 01:42 AM
That would never happen. They aren't going to suspend guys for getting off the bench during a ruckus and not suspend the guy that caused the ruckus.

dbreiden83080
05-15-2007, 01:45 AM
That would never happen. They aren't going to suspend guys for getting off the bench during a ruckus and not suspend the guy that caused the ruckus.

Yeah Horry is gone for game 5 at least and so is Amare and Boris for leaving the bench.

lefty
05-15-2007, 01:46 AM

I 100% agree

Remember that Heat-Knicks game @ Miami (1997 playoffs) ?
The game was played in Miami ; Kurt Thomas (playing for Miami at that time) sent NY's Charlie Ward flying ; Knicks players left their bench, Heat players didn't.

Kurt Thomas and the Knicks benchers were suspended

El_Mago
05-15-2007, 01:48 AM
The league would not suspend Horry for the flagrant 2.

The league will suspend Horry for throwing the elbow to Raja's face/neck area.

bobbyjoe
05-15-2007, 01:51 AM

Explain how JRich's play doesnt warrant a suspension and Horry's does though? Why should the reaction of opposing players factor in?

If the Jazz players had gone after JRich, you think they'd have suspended him?

The NBA fan in me kind of hopes a crazy scenario like this happens so it can draw attention to the fact of how ridiculous a rule this is.

I mean the focus on TNT has been moreso about Amare/Diaw leaving the bench than the incident which caused everything.

I liken it to people congregating around an accident scene, or traffic slowing down to witness the wreckage, and the cop starts focusing more on the people watching (and starts handing out tickets) instead of attending to the actual crime, and what caused it.

The real loser here is the NBA fan if 3 players are suspended because of a cheapshot by Horry. This series has been great so far and Game 5 would be a huge letdown without 3 of the key components.

Dave McNulla
05-15-2007, 01:54 AM
they can't let horry play and suspend amare and boris.

Ronaldo McDonald
05-15-2007, 01:59 AM
didn't DROB get suspended when the spurs played the mavs in 03?

I remember him just standing up...they'll definitely get suspended if that was the case.

TampaDude
05-15-2007, 02:01 AM
All 3 will be gone for Game 5.

Amarelooms
05-15-2007, 02:02 AM
Horry is gone for 2 games maybe 3

miss paxton
05-15-2007, 02:07 AM
didn't DROB get suspended when the spurs played the mavs in 03?

I remember him just standing up...they'll definitely get suspended if that was the case.

I remember there being an issue about whether he would be suspended because I think his toes extended over the line onto the court--I have this vague memory of ESPN Zaprudering the feet with a highlighted circle. But I thought he didn't actually get suspended. Anyone remember more clearly?

grjr
05-15-2007, 03:35 AM
http://www.imageyenation.com/ladyglock/Images/paul_gleason_rest_in_peace.jpg
"I was just in my office and heard a ruckus." :madrun