PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Sportsnation Poll says Suns will advance.

SoCalSpursFan
05-15-2007, 04:27 AM
Looks like America, yes, including Texas, and the world, are convinced the Suns will win the series.

It's on ESPN.com right now (2:30AM PST), go vote.

Xylus
05-15-2007, 04:42 AM
A team is only as good as their last game. This poll reflects this.

Even though the Suns have homecourt advantage, this is still the Spurs' series to lose. I'd say that the combination of the Suns' homecourt and the Spurs' mental edge (see: toughness) over the Suns evens out. No telling who's going to win this series at this point.

caŽlo
05-15-2007, 04:43 AM
whoever wins game 5 will be the favorite.

L.I.T
05-15-2007, 04:57 AM
Best 2 out of 3, and it's a toss-up. Gotta love that.

NBA Junkie
05-15-2007, 08:41 AM
I think the voting is more or less wishful thinking by the casual viewer who would like nothing more than to see a PHX-GSW WCF.

I don't think game 4 swayed their opinion...It's popular opinion by non-Spurs fan around the nation.

RollingBlackOut
05-15-2007, 08:44 AM
ESPN Sportsnation Poll says Suns will advance.

Great now games 5, 6 and 7 do not have to be played since the results of the poll are in...i can get back to my garden...or enjoy my pool!

GrandeDavid
05-15-2007, 08:47 AM
I think the Spurs will dig out of this one, just a hunch, no scientific evidence. The good news is next game is not elimination. The Spurs will not lose Game 6 at home, either. I like the Spurs' experience in big pressure games. Its hard to see too far into the future without simply guessing, but I can see a storyline unfolding of Manu erasing last year's Game 7 semifinals gaffes with some big shots. We'll see!

Kobulingam
05-15-2007, 08:50 AM
whoever wins game 5 will be the favorite.

Thanks to idiot Amare and idiot Diaw, game 5 goes to Spurs without a doubt. :blah

kskonn
05-15-2007, 08:59 AM
Thanks to idiot Amare and idiot Diaw, game 5 goes to Spurs without a doubt. :blah

Even if Amare and Diaw are out of the game I would not count on the Spurs just rolling over the suns. They played without Stodemire all last year and KT is playing some good basketball. Not to mention the crowd and the natural motivation that would come with those type of suspensions. It would still be a very very tough game.

nkdlunch
05-15-2007, 09:00 AM
this series is so close it could go either way.

monosylab1k
05-15-2007, 09:02 AM
Spurs are winning the next two. Suns showed their last signs of life last night, they're going to do nothing but fade away from here.

Plus, after all the shit last night, the Suns are really gonna try to outmuscle the Spurs to prove something....and that's a fight that they'll never win.

Unless the Spurs pull a Dallas, they've got this in six.

MadDog73
05-15-2007, 09:04 AM
Even if Amare and Diaw are out of the game I would not count on the Spurs just rolling over the suns. They played without Stodemire all last year and KT is playing some good basketball. Not to mention the crowd and the natural motivation that would come with those type of suspensions. It would still be a very very tough game.

Agreed. I don't understand why everyone (Suns fans included!), assume a one-game suspension of Amare would be death to the Suns.

Give your team more credit than that... Spurs have a tendency to play down to their opponents, and actually do worse when they are expected to win.

I have no faith that the Spurs will automatically advance even if Amare is suspended.

Vinnie_Johnson
05-15-2007, 09:10 AM
That is the same espn poll that had the bulls beating the pistons in 5.