PDA

View Full Version : Barry was better than Manu!!!

powerpower
05-15-2007, 06:09 AM
I appreciate Barry showing up and showing manu how to drive to the basket!

I was rooting for Raja Bell to poke manu's other eye...."kidding"
He really is falling in love with the three and if its not a three he is shooting weird off balance jumpers...especially 2 off balance jumpers in the last 2 minutes of game 4......which he missed..DRIVE TO THE BASKET
Isn’t time for Manu to have the Edge and Competitivenes back...
Shouldn't Pop say something to Manu "like only 2 3-pointers per game and get your skinny as to the rim" everything else is going to the basket.
I mean we really will not win the series with him playing that way and if he does not step up.....we''ll not win as simple as that...

But phoenix is really bothering Manu especially when they double team him when he is on the court as a 1 one offensive option...

So you can't start him because he will just run up and down the court and not do anything with tim and tony as 1'st options...May be Pop should adjust his rotations a little better.
What rotations will benefit the team?

ginobili fan
05-15-2007, 06:27 AM
I'm sorry but whatever he did in 2005,this year he completly sucks in playoffs.
Tony used to be the guy who disapears in these time of the season but this year he's doing a great job,there's nothing to say.
Same for Tim,he's wonderful.

And whatever the complains about the referees,about Pop,etc...Manu isn't donig his job.
We all know that the spurs need him at his top to win a championship but he isn't,more over,he SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!
And I'm sure that some of the fans will say the reason is that beacause he isn't a starter and he plays with vaughn,horry,oberto...but I mean if he can't play with those guys he simply isn't a very good player. There's no excuse,you have to be honest,averaging 13 points per game just sucks.

And at this point I prefer seeing Tony taking 25 shoots and running through him and Tim like game one.Because we know that the selfish Tony is at least more efficient for the spurs agaist the suns than the Tony who tries to dstribute for his teammates who cannot even knock down easy shoots.Beacuse we're simply in emmergency case and we can't wait anymore games to see Manu being good.

doldrums
05-15-2007, 06:36 AM
Manu played excellent defense on Nash for most of the game.

ginobili fan
05-15-2007, 06:39 AM
Manu played excellent offense most of the game.
And nash finishes with 24 points,8/12.Yeah it was really a good defense.

timvp
05-15-2007, 06:44 AM
Manu played excellent defense on Nash for most of the game.

Manu guarded him on maybe three possessions.

powerpower
05-15-2007, 06:44 AM
u know if next game is like this one for manu we'll lose

ginobili fan
05-15-2007, 06:46 AM
So wake the fuck up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NBA Junkie
05-15-2007, 06:49 AM
Manu missed a lot of open 3's-plain and simple.

The Suns will continue to let him shoot those rather than let him wreak havoc in the paint.

powerpower
05-15-2007, 06:49 AM
even last year when he was all banged up he had a better games

powerpower
05-15-2007, 06:51 AM
when he is at the 25% on 3 poiters why is he shooting pass the damn ball

ginobili fan
05-15-2007, 06:53 AM
because manu is first a shooting guard and he has the green light to do what he wants to do,not like TP. So blame Pop.

powerpower
05-15-2007, 06:56 AM
well when the 6 threes did not go in what makes him that the 8th one will go in.....

Texas_Ranger
05-15-2007, 06:58 AM
I agree with that. Manu was too selfish in some minutes of the game. He tried to win the game by himself.

powerpower
05-15-2007, 07:00 AM
I agree with that. Manu was too selfish in some minutes of the game. He tried to win the game by himself.

he's smarter than that so he really needs to figure things out b/c next game is so important....

mabber
05-15-2007, 07:04 AM
he's smarter than that so he really needs to figure things out b/c next game is so important....

Ginobli is a good player but he's never really been a smart player IMO.

ginobili fan
05-15-2007, 07:04 AM
I think Tony has to score more in the first quarter ike he used to do before,like 10points+,he can even be selfish. Then defense will focuses more on him. Then maybe Manu and the others can show something

ginobili fan
05-15-2007, 07:05 AM
Ginobli is a good player but he's never really been a smart player IMO.

But he's smarter than Dirk and the rest of the dallas something team.

ginobili fan
05-15-2007, 07:09 AM
Is manu done?

mabber
05-15-2007, 07:10 AM
But he's smarter than Dirk and the rest of the dallas something team.

Well then, I'm glad Dirk was not as smart as Manu in game 7 last year :lol

ginobili fan
05-15-2007, 07:13 AM
lmao: ok so mau is stupid as hell,dirk and the mavs are too.
But finally we don't care.Why? Because the spurs will be champion again and never will the mavs

nkdlunch
05-15-2007, 08:42 AM
It pisses me off that Manu is so incosistent on offense. on defense he is always great. but that is not enough.

manubili
05-15-2007, 09:01 AM
When he drove to the rim he missed too, because he was heavily double teamed. He needs to have his shoot from 3 going on, in order to open spaces, that's all.

ginobili fan
05-15-2007, 09:12 AM
No it's not that all and as simply.
Tony is always double,triple teamed when he drives but he scores.
There's no excuse.
Not hitting 3's doesn't explain manu averaging only 12.5.
He is the new tony parker of last playoffs.

IX_Equilibrium
05-15-2007, 09:13 AM
I wish the rest of the Spurs would have recognized that Bary had the hot hand in the 3rd and kept feeding the ball to him.

wildbill2u
05-15-2007, 09:43 AM
When Manu has been most effective, IMO, he was playing with TP AND TIM on the court. That opened up a lot of things for him and he was able to get into a rythym.

Playing Finley ahead of him has helped Fin (whose shooting as the 6th man was poor during the season) but allowed the Suns to focus on Manu whenever TP or Tim is off the court and he comes in as a sub.

To be honest, the first 6 players on the Suns have a edge in talent on our first six players. And we haven't used the rest of our bench very well. Vaughn is a joke although he's trying.

Barry is a much better option with some veteran experience, good IQ and a shot when in rhythm.

romain.star
05-15-2007, 09:47 AM
Is manu done?

the good thing about inconsistent players is that they're never really done... despite what he's doing in these playoffs, he could even be selected for the all star next year and it wouldn't surprise me at all

Testing
05-15-2007, 09:48 AM
The lineup that worked in the 2nd and Pop went away from it right when the Spurs were pulling away:

Elson, Parker, Barry, Ginobili, Finley. Replace Elson with Oberto/Duncan and you'd get even better results...