PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Record when Rose Plays > 15???

Rummpd
11-25-2004, 08:46 AM
Kind of like Parker and + 20 = almost seemingly historically a certain win if Rose plays > 15 to me Spurs are more likely to get a win. Would love to verify for all you Rose haters vs. those like me who think he should be in 7-8 core on the floor always.

Is there anyway to check this out statistically retroactively = Spurs wins when Rose has played a certain # of minutes? I do recall some awesome games he had filling in for Duncan etc.

MadDoc

Rummpd
11-25-2004, 09:16 AM
Isn't someone out there a statistical guru? - I would be willing $200 of my vBookie Cash Spurs that with Rose on the floor = 5% more victories than then when he rides the pine (when Rose plays > 15 minutes last 3 years vs. his many "dog house" days).

MadDoc

Rummpd
11-27-2004, 08:08 AM
Again Rose plays substantial minutes and Spurs win - we may not have the statistics but the correlation is clear.

Play him Pop more = Spurs will continue to roll.

MadDoc

Jimcs50
11-27-2004, 09:42 AM
An interesting stat in Spurs' wins vs losses.

In the 10 Spur wins, the Spurs are shooting 69% from the FT line, and in their 3 losses, they are shooting 73% from the stripe.

So, AHF, they do not need a FT coach afterall, they should just continue to stink it up from the line.

ALVAREZ6
11-27-2004, 12:20 PM
An interesting stat in Spurs' wins vs losses.

In the 10 Spur wins, the Spurs are shooting 69% from the FT line, and in their 3 losses, they are shooting 73% from the stripe.

So, AHF, they do not need a FT coach afterall, they should just continue to stink it up from the line.

That doesn't seem to make sense, but if we're winning, who cares huh?

boutons
11-27-2004, 12:44 PM
The Parker 20+ PPG angle was very clear in the championship year. Spurs were something like 22-1 when Tony got 20 points. He was obviously a difference maker.

looking here:

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/malik_rose/game_by_game_stats.html

... looks like the Spurs 7-2 with Malik at 15+ MPG, and Spurs 3-1 with Malik <15 MPG.

No significant difference in W-L %age.

ChumpDumper
11-27-2004, 02:27 PM
When Malik plays more than 15 minutes it's because he isn't sucking or matched up poorly. A 9/4 ratio of not sucking/sucking sounds about right this season. In those situations, it's very easy to turn to Horry or Massenburg, so that's what happens.

PM5K
11-28-2004, 10:16 PM
You can turn a statistic almost any way you want to.

For example you could say that Rose only gets 15 or more minutes in games the Spurs already have leads in, which is why Rose plays more.

That is exactly why he played so many minutes against Utah....

E20
11-29-2004, 12:27 AM
The reason Rose played so much was because he was:
4-6 from the field.
8-8 from the FT line.
(16 Points total)
4 Rebounds
1 BLK
and wow 4 more than 15. If Malik doesn't TO the ball and hustle the starting minutes he gets and isn't phased by his confidence he'll put up 15 and 8 easily in 20 minutes OFF THE BENCH. If Malik plays Malik ball and doesn't try to play like Magic Johnson then.....well the stats speak for themselves.