PDA

View Full Version : Wake up to reality

BILLYE
05-15-2007, 08:37 AM
ok, i have read on here so much about why the NBA shouldn't suspend STAT and Diaw and Horry...the reality of the situation is this, they will be suspended, period. Start talking Game 5 already...the Spurs will win for obvious reasons and it will not be a tainted victory at all. Those guys should have made better decisions for their teams, but they didn't.

Manu really needs to get going in this series...wouldnt be surprised to see him in the starting lineup just to get him going early if for no other reason.

We also need to get back to force feeding the ball down into Duncan...even when Duncan was in the game early in the fourth, it seemed we went away from it for some reason. When you look at the averages for the series, Duncan was about 12 points and 5 boards below his average last night...

degenerate_gambler
05-15-2007, 08:54 AM
i think you're wrong..

noone is going to miss any time. Fined? yes.

fraga
05-15-2007, 09:10 AM
If Horry gets suspended...then those guys should as well...if not...let them all play...

Jimcs50
05-15-2007, 09:12 AM
If Horry gets suspended...then those guys should as well...if not...let them all play...

All three will be suspended, period. Horry may get 2 game suspension.

Jimcs50
05-15-2007, 09:14 AM
Pop should be suspended for playing Vaughn so much when TP was not even tired or in foul trouble. That was a big factor in why the Spurs did not go for the kill earlier in the game.

ginobili fan
05-15-2007, 09:17 AM
yaah and it isn't normal that vaughn takes 4 shoots on a nba semi-final game against the bitches.

VaSpursFan
05-15-2007, 09:17 AM
the league is in a pickle. how do you suspend horry for a hip check? but, you have to suspend diaw and amare for leaving the bench. it'll be interesting to see how this plays out. but i believe all 3 will be suspended for game 5. full compliment of players back for game 6 and the spurs winning this series.

jmard5
05-15-2007, 09:19 AM
Automatic suspension for flagrant 2. Horry is out.

da_suns_fan__
05-15-2007, 09:20 AM
I would be shocked if the league took ANY action against Amare or Diaw.

Horry is gone. So long cheap shot bob.

GrandeDavid
05-15-2007, 09:21 AM
ok, i have read on here so much about why the NBA shouldn't suspend STAT and Diaw and Horry...the reality of the situation is this, they will be suspended, period. Start talking Game 5 already...the Spurs will win for obvious reasons and it will not be a tainted victory at all. Those guys should have made better decisions for their teams, but they didn't.

Manu really needs to get going in this series...wouldnt be surprised to see him in the starting lineup just to get him going early if for no other reason.

We also need to get back to force feeding the ball down into Duncan...even when Duncan was in the game early in the fourth, it seemed we went away from it for some reason. When you look at the averages for the series, Duncan was about 12 points and 5 boards below his average last night...

I haven't even seen video of Stoudemire and Diaw getting off the bench, so I can add nothing. I honestly didn't notice it live. The Spurs need to own up to their monumental choke and beat a full strength Phoenix, so in a way I'm hoping there are no suspensions.

Supergirl
05-15-2007, 09:23 AM
Automatic suspension for flagrant 2. Horry is out.

from what I understand elsewhere, this is not the case - Jason Richard was given a flagrant 2, and not suspended the next game. Horry's punishment was to be kicked out of the game.

and I also understand that leaving the team's bench during an altercation is an automatic suspension, which appears to implicate Diaw and Amare.

My fear is that teams with missing pieces can be even more dangerous. But the Spurs should be able to win, even if they DO play, and certainly if they don't. Hell, they should have won Game 4. They had a 5 point lead with 2 minutes to go. I still don't exactly understand how they fell apart like they did, but the good news is, usually when they let a game slip away like that, they come back strong. That's what happened in Game 3.

tlongII
05-15-2007, 09:24 AM
Horry will be suspended, but Stoudemire and Diaw will not. There is no question in my mind that this will be result handed down by the league.

mabber
05-15-2007, 09:26 AM
I have no idea what the league will do to Amare & Diaw but it would be a real shame if they suspended them. Those 2-3 steps off the bench had no impact on anything and yet suspensions would have a huge impact on the series. I would hope the league can see this and not suspend them but I suspect suspensions are coming. I'm not pulling for either team in this series. I just want a great series and suspensions for really doing nothing of impact would really suck.

Jimcs50
05-15-2007, 09:28 AM
Horry will be suspended, but Stoudemire and Diaw will not. There is no question in my mind that this will be result handed down by the league.

:lol

I feel more positive now that all 3 will be suspended.

Sportcamper
05-15-2007, 09:31 AM
If Amare Stoudamire gets a suspension...That will be one of the biggest play-off shots of Horry’s career...

SAGambler
05-15-2007, 10:18 AM
Pop should be suspended for playing Vaughn so much when TP was not even tired or in foul trouble. That was a big factor in why the Spurs did not go for the kill earlier in the game.

Yep....I thought it was rather odd, (and probably stupid in hindsight) to bring Vaughn in pretty much out of rotation, when Tony was really starting to heat up.

I think that was one of the big turning points that allowed Phoenix time to get back in the game.