PDA

View Full Version : Put yourself in........

Clutch20
05-15-2007, 09:25 AM
David Stern's shoes and take a look at the chess gameboard before him called game 5. Which piece will he place where and why?

Put yourself in D'Antoni's shoes. Live to fight another day and keep the team intact for next year so you can make decent plans.

Now put yourself in Sun's owner's shoes; another million in the coffers, no 4-1 closeout.

Put yourself in media person's shoes; on the floor drama that takes the camera away from even Eva Longoria to give casual fans something they can understand, animosity expressed by confrontations and physical blows and hits.

Now put yourself in Pop's shoes.
That one's a mystery, I would like to put myself into his shoes and see what motivations influenced his game decisions, and to see what he's planned for the next two games.

MadDog73
05-15-2007, 09:29 AM
If we lose the series, Pop will be questioned endlessly for his choices in line-ups, and calling time-outs and pulling players when on a roll.

Pop will be here as long as Duncan is, but, damn, he pisses me off sometimes.

Jimcs50
05-15-2007, 09:32 AM
Question:

Will the refs make it impossible for the Spurs to win game 5, if Amare and Diaw are suspended, in the spirit of fairness?

I think it will be in the back of the refs' minds.

You know for a fact that Bavetta will be the main ref in game 5.

MadDog73
05-15-2007, 09:34 AM
Question:

Will the refs make it impossible for the Spurs to win game 5, if Amare and Diaw are suspended, in the spirit of fairness?

I think it will be in the back of the refs' minds.

You know for a fact that Bavetta will be the main ref in game 5.

I'm not going to blame the refs if the Spurs lose. After bitching about Suns fans, that's the ultimate in Hypocrisy.

I've seen the Spurs fight through the refs, through fouls, through injuries and win games. Spurs will win Game 5 if they want to, no matter what.

BigBeezie
05-15-2007, 09:38 AM
If I was David Stern, I would be suspending the following:

Horry - that foul was dirty and uncalled for
Bell- He should not have attacked Horry after the foul
Stoudewhiner- He left the bench and there was no way he was checking in
Diaw- He too left the bench when he should have sat there

Popvich needs to get his act together. We had that game won last night and all we had to do was play keep away. It's almost like we "peaked" too early in the game to hold on to it.

GrandeDavid
05-15-2007, 09:41 AM
I think Pop is thinking the usual Pop thoughts, something along the line of "it happens. Its a basketball game and there are more games left."

He defines job security.