Can you watch it online?

atxrocker
05-15-2007, 11:24 AM
:lol :lol

monosylab1k
05-15-2007, 11:24 AM
Can you watch it online?
http://theticket.com/listen.htm

u can listen to it online here, i dunno how much longer it's gonna go on tho. they'll probably podcast the press conference on the ticket's website later today too.

monosylab1k
05-15-2007, 11:26 AM
Dirk is joking around and having fun, but you can tell he is still hurting over the playoff abortion (as he ought to be).

DarrinS
05-15-2007, 11:26 AM
http://theticket.com/listen.htm

u can listen to it online here, i dunno how much longer it's gonna go on tho. they'll probably podcast the press conference on the ticket's website later today too.

Dirk is actually pretty funny. Who would've known.

LEONARD
05-15-2007, 11:27 AM
Dirk is actually pretty funny. Who would've known.

Mavs fans know...not surprising at all that he's getting laughs...

Findog
05-15-2007, 11:44 AM
Was Cuban seriously crying? I listened to a little bit in my car on my lunch break, but Dirk had the podium at the moment.

LEONARD
05-15-2007, 11:46 AM
Yes, he was talking about Dirk off the court, and when he first came into the league...how far he's come, etc etc.

monosylab1k
05-15-2007, 11:47 AM
Was Cuban seriously crying? I listened to a little bit in my car on my lunch break, but Dirk had the podium at the moment.

Yeah as he made his comments, his got all shakevoiced and said "sorry for getting so emotional..." and he had to pause a few times to compose himself. it was almost like he was the one that got the MVP trophy.

dirk sounded like he was flattered but didn't really give a shit, and that he was more concerned with winning a title. he was gracious and funny, but made sure everyone knew that the playoff failure was alot bigger on his mind. i thought he carried himself the right way. hopefully he keeps this up.

Vinnie_Johnson
05-15-2007, 11:50 AM
What a joke.

ponky
05-15-2007, 11:50 AM
awwww, i *heart* dirk, he's so cute and gave a pretty good press conference. i was kind of pissed that cuban got a little choked up (he didn't freakin' cry mono, stop exagerrating) and seemed like he was going to take the spotlight but he didn't and it was cool that dirk tempered the whole mvp hoopla with the playoff disappointment because it's only appropriate that he remember how great this season was and how easily it slipped from the mavs in the playoffs and not let it happen again

Findog
05-15-2007, 11:52 AM
All the talk about Dirk being traded...Cuban is loyal to guys that give him 100 percent. Period. If anybody has to worry about their job, it's Avery.

Speaking of which, here is the translated version of an interview with Holger in Der Spiegel:

Q: Whatīs the reason for the Mavericks losing in the first round of the playoffs?

A: The Mavericks dug their own grave. The game is centered around the stars, thatīs the typical philosophy. But they played Dirk at a position that heīs not comfortable with. ("where heīs not at home"). If Bayern Muenchen (famous german soccer team) is playing with Oliver Kahn (their goalie) as the center forward, they too are in trouble. Basketball is changing right now in america, its just that not everyone has noticed it yet.

Q: Whats changing?

A: Basketball is not a one-man-show anymore; theres an increasing number of open teams, where everybody takes on responsibility; thats the european model. Theres a clash of cultures going on right now, and it seems that the keepers of the system are losing.

Q: Will it be hard to rebuild Nowitzki again for the european championship?

A: Heīs got that tendency to blame himself too much for that kind of defeats. He will struggle with it for a few days, but its not that he has lost for the first time. Heīd still deserve the MVP.

Q: Is it possible, that Nowitzki wonīt play in Dallas next season?

A: There are considerations to trade him. The Boston Celtics are interested. But you shouldnīt brood over that too much. The whole thing is very hypothetical.

I think that if we had played our normal rotation and taken some of the matchup lumps that come with giving Dampier his normal minutes, we would've had a much better shot. Dirk deserves plenty of criticism, but let's not forget that these guys played one way for 82 games and all of the sudden Avery asks them to do something completely different, to try and play small and fast with a team that is more adept at playing small and quick. Avery's stubbornness cost us this series as much as Dirk not playing well.

ponky
05-15-2007, 12:02 PM
i still don't think damp was 100% so all this talk about playing our normal rotation is speculation if the guy wasn't able to play his regular minutes.

dallaskd
05-15-2007, 12:03 PM
i still don't think damp was 100% so all this talk about playing our normal rotation is speculation if the guy wasn't able to play his regular minutes.

hopefully he will be gone anyway.

monosylab1k
05-15-2007, 12:08 PM
the problem with the series (besides dirk's no-balls act) was that the one thing we thought was our biggest strength wound up being a HUGE weakness - our bench.

buckner and george were fucking atrocious. i'm willing to give george something of a pass just because he at least showed some great potential during the season, but greg buckner has been one of our worst signings ever. that guy made adrian griffin look like scottie pippen out there.

get buckner's worthless ass the fuck out of here and replace him with desmond mason and we'll be WAY better off.

and would it fucking kill avery to let a young guy like ager play through his mistakes during the regular season so that maybe come playoff time he can use him instead of throwing an abortion like buckner out there to give us jack shit?

monosylab1k
05-15-2007, 12:09 PM
awwww, i *heart* dirk, he's so cute and gave a pretty good press conference. i was kind of pissed that cuban got a little choked up (he didn't freakin' cry mono, stop exagerrating)

LOL he had to pause and regain composure i dunno how many times, i call that crying :lol

monosylab1k
05-15-2007, 12:09 PM
hopefully he will be gone anyway.

no way with that contract. our only hope is isiah thomas.

ponky
05-15-2007, 12:10 PM
the problem with the series (besides dirk's no-balls act) was that the one thing we thought was our biggest strength wound up being a HUGE weakness - our bench.

buckner and george were fucking atrocious. i'm willing to give george something of a pass just because he at least showed some great potential during the season, but greg buckner has been one of our worst signings ever. that guy made adrian griffin look like scottie pippen out there.

get buckner's worthless ass the fuck out of here and replace him with desmond mason and we'll be WAY better off.

and would it fucking kill avery to let a young guy like ager play through his mistakes during the regular season so that maybe come playoff time he can use him instead of throwing an abortion like buckner out there to give us jack shit?

yeah, i'd be more inclined to keep george and get rid of buckner....desmond mason would be AWESOME but it doesn't necessarily solve what i think is a pg problem

ponky
05-15-2007, 12:11 PM
LOL he had to pause and regain composure i dunno how many times, i call that crying :lol

like twice, anyway, who cares? too much goddamn focus on cuban by everyone lambasting him for taking the spotlight in the first place.

Mixability
05-15-2007, 12:18 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/051607dnspomavslede.7006790c.html

Findog
05-15-2007, 12:21 PM
George opted out of his deal. Buckner has several years with a MLE contract. Perhaps we can package him as part of something bigger.

I hear that Desmond Mason is going to be a Maverick. He wants to come home and the Mavericks could definitely use him. He can post up and score on the low blocks, and he's a good enough perimeter defender that he would be a rare two-way player for us. Guys like George and Buck were ostensibly there for defense and the Warriors didn't have to guard them on offense. Mason would contribute at both ends of the floor and can get points in the paint.

The other thing I keep hearing is Andre Miller. I've also heard that the Mavericks are talking to Sacto...I would imagine the Kings are offering Artest and Dallas is inquiring about Bibby.

BillsCarnage
05-15-2007, 12:33 PM
during Dirk's MVP press conf...

:cry

That's what i was thinking too.. He was "choking" back a few tears..

LOL.. What a joke.

:lol

TDMVPDPOY
05-15-2007, 01:10 PM
George opted out of his deal. Buckner has several years with a MLE contract. Perhaps we can package him as part of something bigger.

I hear that Desmond Mason is going to be a Maverick. He wants to come home and the Mavericks could definitely use him. He can post up and score on the low blocks, and he's a good enough perimeter defender that he would be a rare two-way player for us. Guys like George and Buck were ostensibly there for defense and the Warriors didn't have to guard them on offense. Mason would contribute at both ends of the floor and can get points in the paint.

The other thing I keep hearing is Andre Miller. I've also heard that the Mavericks are talking to Sacto...I would imagine the Kings are offering Artest and Dallas is inquiring about Bibby.

why do you need him when you already got josh howard?

a player you need is a sf, pg, harris doesnt make the cut.

SAtown
05-15-2007, 01:20 PM
http://broadband.nba.com/cc/playa.php?content=video&url=http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/nba/nbacom/press_conf/mvp_pc_nowitzki_070515.asx&video=blank&nbasite=nba

beirmeistr
05-15-2007, 01:35 PM
"I think that if we had played our normal rotation and taken some of the matchup lumps that come with giving Dampier his normal minutes, we would've had a much better shot. Dirk deserves plenty of criticism, but let's not forget that these guys played one way for 82 games and all of the sudden Avery asks them to do something completely different, to try and play small and fast with a team that is more adept at playing small and quick. Avery's stubbornness cost us this series as much as Dirk not playing well."

Hmmmmmm.
Doesn't this sound kind of familiar to Spurs fans?

dallaskd
05-15-2007, 01:39 PM
awwww

degenerate_gambler
05-15-2007, 01:51 PM
That's what i was thinking too.. He was "choking" back a few tears..

LOL.. What a joke.

:lol

So he was fake crying....a la Bill Clinton @ that funeral a few years back?

monosylab1k
05-15-2007, 01:57 PM
So he was fake crying....a la Bill Clinton @ that funeral a few years back?

oh no, it was real emotion from Cuban. he got choked up and paused and even apologized for getting so emotional. it might as well have been him winning the MVP, he was quite a bit more enthused and joyful about it than Dirk was.

degenerate_gambler
05-15-2007, 02:11 PM
"I think that if we had played our normal rotation and taken some of the matchup lumps that come with giving Dampier his normal minutes, we would've had a much better shot. Dirk deserves plenty of criticism, but let's not forget that these guys played one way for 82 games and all of the sudden Avery asks them to do something completely different, to try and play small and fast with a team that is more adept at playing small and quick. Avery's stubbornness cost us this series as much as Dirk not playing well."

Hmmmmmm.
Doesn't this sound kind of familiar to Spurs fans?

who said this?

Trainwreck2100
05-15-2007, 02:13 PM
what a douchebag.

sabar
05-15-2007, 02:14 PM
I didn't know Cuban was capable of human emotions... I'm amazed.

SAtown
05-15-2007, 03:24 PM
I didn't know Cuban was capable of human emotions... I'm amazed.

:wtf

So you've never seen him throw a tantrum? Children are human, right?

angel_luv
05-15-2007, 04:35 PM
Am watching press conference video. Thanks for posting.

Way to look sharp for the occasion Mark. :rolleyes
Seriously, has that shirt ever seen an iron?

And wearing faded, old jeans when everyone else is in a suit- nice.

Did the announcer just say, " If you have a question, raise your hand and I will pick on you?" :lol

angel_luv
05-15-2007, 04:38 PM
Mark, Avery, Dirk, and Stern all have horrible posture.

angel_luv
05-15-2007, 04:42 PM
Aw- Dirk has dimples. I never noticed. Cleans up pretty decent. :)

angel_luv
05-15-2007, 04:46 PM
Theatrics aside, nice comments by Mark.

dallaskd
05-15-2007, 05:13 PM
i wanna puke

LEONARD
05-15-2007, 05:14 PM

Awwwwwww...somebody has a crush on Dirk :nope

dallaskd
05-15-2007, 05:18 PM

:nope No way. Dirk is my hoe.

LEONARD
05-15-2007, 05:35 PM

I didn't know you were a chick...

mabber
05-15-2007, 05:47 PM

So you'd let Dirk bite on your boobies out at a bar? :p:

dallasmavsnfuego214
05-15-2007, 07:35 PM
Dirk gone wild

pking
05-15-2007, 07:40 PM
awwww, i *heart* dirk, he's so cute and gave a pretty good press conference. i was kind of pissed that cuban got a little choked up (he didn't freakin' cry mono, stop exagerrating) and seemed like he was going to take the spotlight but he didn't and it was cool that dirk tempered the whole mvp hoopla with the playoff disappointment because it's only appropriate that he remember how great this season was and how easily it slipped from the mavs in the playoffs and not let it happen again

Aw I agree.

Except I had no beef with Cubes -- I actually liked it, thought it was genuine and didn't think he was trying to take any spotlight.

angel_luv
05-15-2007, 08:02 PM

I do not!

All yours. :)

Sweetey
05-15-2007, 08:03 PM
Would SOMEBODY please tell jackass Cuban to buy a damn suit and tie? Dirk and Avery were both dressed to the nines and looked awesome -- (Dirk is really cute) but Cuban - Mr. Billionaire shows up in faded dirty looking jeans and a wrinkled shirt not even tucked in????? What the hell is wrong with that idiot? That was a disgraceful display by him to his team and team's fans.

angel_luv
05-15-2007, 08:06 PM
I said the same thing about Cuban's sloppy appearance. I think it was very disrespectful of him to show up looking like that.

Sweetey
05-15-2007, 08:19 PM
I said the same thing about Cuban's sloppy appearance. I think it was very disrespectful of him to show up looking like that.
He always looks like one of those homeless guys I see on the streets in Austin with their tin cup out. PATHETIC. Billionaire and dresses like he doesn't have a dime.

Oh well -- maybe the NBA should invoke the dress code they have for the players on the owners as well. And Avery Johnson is by far the BEST dressed coach in the NBA -- I love just looking at his suits and ties. He must have one helluva tailor.

aaronstampler
05-16-2007, 03:02 AM
Will everyone quit being so god damn cynical and quit picking on Mark Cuban? I found his speech to be quite eloquent and moving and his diction was particularly impressive considering he had Dirk's balls in his mouth the whole time.

Fernando TD21
05-16-2007, 04:55 AM
Will everyone quit being so god damn cynical and quit picking on Mark Cuban? I found his speech to be quite eloquent and moving and his diction was particularly impressive considering he had Dirk's balls in his mouth the whole time.
:lol But I thought Dirk didn't have balls.