PDA

View Full Version : Jalen Rose on ESPN 1st Take...TD being reviewed by NBA?

AZLouis
05-15-2007, 12:14 PM
Not sure if this was brought up yet...the search function is disabled right now (rightly so).

But Jalen Rose said on ESPN 1st Take that the NBA is reviewing the incident in the 2nd quarter that resulted in Elson being flipped to the ground after dunking the ball.

Apparently TD and Bowen were both on the bench and came out onto the court.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is straight from Rose's mouth.

v2freak
05-15-2007, 12:16 PM
Are people having difficulty understanding what an altercation is? Some people are seriously reaching for things that aren't there

leemajors
05-15-2007, 12:16 PM
bench vs bench next game means easy phoenix win.

dougp
05-15-2007, 12:17 PM
Not sure if this was brought up yet...the search function is disabled right now (rightly so).

But Jalen Rose said on ESPN 1st Take that the NBA is reviewing the incident in the 2nd quarter that resulted in Elson being flipped to the ground after dunking the ball.

You're funny ... I didn't see an altercation after that.

Mr. Body
05-15-2007, 12:20 PM
Jalen Rose = Karl Rove

ponky
05-15-2007, 12:20 PM
Are people having difficulty understanding what an altercation is? Some people are seriously reaching for things that aren't there

i wouldn't be surprised if the league was SERIOUSLY REACHING for anything remotely viable to balance out what i think will be inevitable suspensions for diaw and amare. thanks to horry, the league has been put between a rock and a hard place and it's going to look fucked up if the two suns are suspended for stepping onto the court while never actually becoming engaged in the fracas. i know it's the rule but it will comes across as fucked up so the league will probably do anything they can to minimize the imbalance of game five.

VaSpursFan
05-15-2007, 12:21 PM
apples and oranges...timmy and tp will not be suspended. on the other hand, amare and diaw will. get over it already.

SpursWoman
05-15-2007, 12:21 PM
So Amare, Bell, Diaw, Horry, Duncan and Bowen could all be suspended.

That'd be really messed up. :wow :lol

BillsCarnage
05-15-2007, 12:22 PM
Good one LJ... good one :lol

dbreiden83080
05-15-2007, 12:22 PM
Nice try Jalen but it has to be an altercation there was no altercation on that play. Guys come out on the court all the time during big plays and such. Tim stepping onto to the court when there was no altercation means nothing. I don't want anyone suspended except for Horry he deserves it more than anyone but by the rules Amare and Diaw are going to be gone for game 5.

Findog
05-15-2007, 12:23 PM
How about the League fix this rule in the offseason, ignore it for now and let these two squads play at full strength? That's what the fans want, for these games to be decided on the courts and not in the commish's office.

dbreiden83080
05-15-2007, 12:23 PM
i wouldn't be surprised if the league was SERIOUSLY REACHING for anything remotely viable to balance out what i think will be inevitable suspensions for diaw and amare. thanks to horry, the league has been put between a rock and a hard place and it's going to look fucked up if the two suns are suspended for stepping onto the court while never actually becoming engaged in the fracas. i know it's the rule but it will comes across as fucked up so the league will probably do anything they can to minimize the imbalance of game five.

Oh really like they balanced it out in 97 with the Knicks/Heat. Ewing one foot on the court and he was gone as were a number of other Knicks. The Heat came into that game 6 almost at full strength and beat the Knicks.

Amare_32
05-15-2007, 12:24 PM

If the NBA does go with the supensions I have a feeling the Spurs will hear a lot of whistles going against them in Game 5.

cornbread
05-15-2007, 12:24 PM
Looks like Jalen is trying to get one in the assist column.

LavaLamp
05-15-2007, 12:26 PM
Jalen Rose = Karl Rove

LOL. Yea, spin control. Interesting, isn't it?

dbreiden83080
05-15-2007, 12:26 PM
If the NBA does go with the supensions I have a feeling the Spurs will hear a lot of whistles going against them in Game 5.

Why not they all went against them last night.

johnsmith
05-15-2007, 12:27 PM
This shit cracks me up. Spurs fans are just shocked that Horry made a dirty play and they are loving the fact that Amare may be suspended even though he didn't really do anything.

Game five will have an asterisk next to it forever if Amare is suspended (sort of like the Spurs championship in 99), and it's all thanks to the Spurs playing their style of dirty play and then shrugging their shoulders and saying, "who me"?

dbreiden83080
05-15-2007, 12:30 PM
This shit cracks me up. Spurs fans are just shocked that Horry made a dirty play and they are loving the fact that Amare may be suspended even though he didn't really do anything.

Game five will have an asterisk next to it forever if Amare is suspended (sort of like the Spurs championship in 99), and it's all thanks to the Spurs playing their style of dirty play and then shrugging their shoulders and saying, "who me"?

Title in 99 asterisk i love it one asshole in Phil Jackson opens his fucking mouth talking shit about the Spurs in 99 and all the Spurs haters buy right into it.

AZLouis
05-15-2007, 12:31 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Aml3iDsNF2TQbEpX9y7JRAa8vLYF?slug=sk-sunsspurs051507&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Part of the article from Kerr

However, if the league decides to suspend Diaw and Stoudemire, it may have to suspend Tim Duncan and Bruce Bowen as well.

In a play that went entirely unnoticed until well after the game was over, both Duncan and Bowen actually left San Antonio's bench early in the second quarter after Francisco Elson and James Jones were entangled. Replays clearly show Duncan walking several steps onto the court as Elson and Jones appeared to be ready to get into it. Bowen then followed Duncan onto the floor, grabbed him and led him back to the bench. If the league does indeed follow the letter of the law, both Spurs players would also be suspended for Game 5.

Stu Jackson will have a busy Tuesday trying to sort everything out. The right thing to do would be to reprimand the players who left the bench area with a fine but not suspended them. The series should be decided by the teams and the players, not by an inflexible rule. The NBA needs to show some guts, announce that no suspensions will be made and have the Spurs and Suns continue what is turning into a fantastic series.

Trainwreck2100
05-15-2007, 12:31 PM

I'm pretty sure robert horry didn't say who me?

TDMVPDPOY
05-15-2007, 12:33 PM
time to release beno? :D:D

Soul_Patch
05-15-2007, 12:34 PM
Oh your right. Amare didn't do a thing. Except break a black and white rule which states if you break it you get a 1 game suspension. Other than that he is a golden boy.

Nuggets fans have loads to talk about an astrik game/season/etc considering your team cant seem to ever make it out of the first round.

go nuggs!

Gino20
05-15-2007, 12:36 PM

This would be kind of funny lol! However, I do not see this happening. There have been several instances of this throughout this series. Both teams would have multiple suspensions each game. Someone is trying to open up a much bigger can of worms if you ask me....In the end, there was no altercation cause they resumed play immediately.

Trainwreck2100
05-15-2007, 12:36 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Aml3iDsNF2TQbEpX9y7JRAa8vLYF?slug=sk-sunsspurs051507&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Part of the article from Kerr

People notice altercations

johnsmith
05-15-2007, 12:37 PM
Oh your right. Amare didn't do a thing. Except break a black and white rule which states if you break it you get a 1 game suspension. Other than that he is a golden boy.

Nuggets fans have loads to talk about an astrik game/season/etc considering your team cant seem to ever make it out of the first round.

go nuggs!

Seems like I struck a nerve on that one eh?

I readily acknowledge that the Nuggets blow and will continue to do so for some time, however, that's completely and totally beyond the point I was making.

Face it dude, Horry came through for you again as a Spurs fan, he managed to knock out one of the best players from the other team by being a dirty player.

ponky
05-15-2007, 12:37 PM

Part of the article from Kerr\

nice, thanks for posting this...kerr is not biased in any way against the spurs, he's very complimentary of them. i'm glad he wrote about this duncan/bowen action in the first half and ultimately said that everyone should play.

Trainwreck2100
05-15-2007, 12:38 PM
Face it dude, Horry came through for you again as a Spurs fan, he managed to knock out one of the best players from the other team by being a dirty player.

How did he do anything, did he put a gun to Amare and tell him to get on the court.

ponky
05-15-2007, 12:39 PM
Seems like I struck a nerve on that one eh?

I readily acknowledge that the Nuggets blow and will continue to do so for some time, however, that's completely and totally beyond the point I was making.

lol, when some spurs fans are at a loss for retorts they just resort to bashing other fan's teams, even though this has nothing to do with the point at hand. kind of funny actually, you will see the same thing at home games when the spurs are not winning, people in the arena chill out and start talking about their three rings and forget about watching the game.

Soul_Patch
05-15-2007, 12:40 PM

And i absolutely love him for it.

i guess you didnt read my other 35 posts.

Horry acted on emotion, deserves a slap on the wrist. Amare acted on emotion, deserves a slap on the wrist.

Amare is notorious for making bonehead moves. (getting a 5th foul satuday) (opening his mouth) (running on the court, breaking a very heavily enforced rule) I am not going to make excuses for him, he didnt think about what he was doing, as usuall, and will most likely pay the cost for it.

Kevin Blackistone
05-15-2007, 12:40 PM

No, thanks to Stoudemire and Diaw. Don't let people off the hook for their own actions. They were the idiots that broke the rules, put the blame on them.

johnsmith
05-15-2007, 12:41 PM
How did he do anything, did he put a gun to Amare and tell him to get on the court.

It's a natural reaction to attempt to stick up for the best player on your team when he was just body checked into the boards (during a basketball game). Not that Horry was looking for that reaction, but of course someone's going to come off the bench.

Sure, Amare shouldn't have done it, but I don't blame the guy.

And for that matter, it's not as though he got very far, and yes, I know the rule.

Amare_32
05-15-2007, 12:42 PM
You know the irony in all of this is this could have been avoided. If only Finley had gotten to Nash before Horry this would be a nonissue.

SpursWoman
05-15-2007, 12:44 PM
\

nice, thanks for posting this...kerr is not biased in any way against the spurs, he's very complimentary of them. i'm glad he wrote about this duncan/bowen action in the first half and ultimately said that everyone should play.

Only in such a way that his part ownership of the Suns will allow. :lol

BillsCarnage
05-15-2007, 12:46 PM
\

Not to mention he has a stake in the Suns; he was part of Sarver's group that bought the Suns 2yrs ago. There's been subtle talk of him becoming the Suns GM.

cheguevara
05-15-2007, 12:46 PM
Kerr was funny last night, he said "questionable call" a lot in the 4th quarter.

Soul_Patch
05-15-2007, 12:47 PM
lol, when some spurs fans are at a loss for retorts they just resort to bashing other fan's teams, even though this has nothing to do with the point at hand.

O you mean sort of like this

I find it ironic that a nuggets fan will talk about "tainted success" when they have absolutely none of their own.

I guess i am not allowed to retort that though?

Amare_32
05-15-2007, 12:47 PM
Does anybody know when the League will issue a ruling?

ponky
05-15-2007, 12:48 PM
No, thanks to Stoudemire and Diaw. Don't let people off the hook for their own actions. They were the idiots that broke the rules, put the blame on them.

No I didn't make a mistake, thanks to Horry. Spin it any way you want, Horry is a little bitch who didn't need to do that and you know privately, you're jumping up and down at the thought of Amare and Diaw sitting because unlike some Spurs fans, you don't have enough faith and confidence that the Spurs can get it done without a full Suns lineup in the game. An exception has been made to this rule, it can definitely be made again and I wouldn't put it past the league to make another exception in this case, either by suspending Duncan as well for the first half action of stepping onto the court or by turning the other cheek and not bothering to question the validitiy of Amare's statement that he was checking into the game.

Trainwreck2100
05-15-2007, 12:49 PM
Sure, Amare shouldn't have done it, but I don't blame the guy.

And for that matter, it's not as though he got very far, and yes, I know the rule.

So you admit he shouldn't have done it. When people do things they aren't supposed to they have to face the consequences of their actions. That rule is there to keep players from acting on their instincts and defending their boys. Amare was stupid for going out there

Kori Ellis
05-15-2007, 12:50 PM
:lol This thread is funny. The rule is they can't leave the immediate vicinity of the bench during an altercation. There was no altercation in the 2nd quarter. :lol

ponky
05-15-2007, 12:50 PM
Only in such a way that his part ownership of the Suns will allow. :lol

once again, no mistake made...kerr is not biased against the spurs

ponky
05-15-2007, 12:51 PM
:lol This thread is funny. The rule is they can't leave the immediate vicinity of the bench during an altercation. There was no altercation in the 2nd quarter. :lol

to spurs fans....and in my eyes, amare was still in the vicinity of the suns bench

Trainwreck2100
05-15-2007, 12:52 PM
No I didn't make a mistake, thanks to Horry. Spin it any way you want, Horry is a little bitch who didn't need to do that and you know privately, you're jumping up and down at the thought of Amare and Diaw sitting because unlike some Spurs fans, you don't have enough faith and confidence that the Spurs can get it done without a full Suns lineup in the game. An exception has been made to this rule, it can definitely be made again and I wouldn't put it past the league to make another exception in this case, either by suspending Duncan as well for the first half action of stepping onto the court or by turning the other cheek and not bothering to question the validitiy of Amare's statement that he was checking into the game.

Yes, because Horry made them step on the court.

Aggie Hoopsfan
\

Two things:

1. Kerr unbiased? right, you realize he is part owner of the Suns, right?

2. There was no altercation between Jones and Elson. Elson went down, and everyone checked to see if he was alright. There were no elbows, shoves, or anything remotely resembling an altercation.

I am so tired of your shit ponky. You come to our site with your ivory tower bullshit about Spurs fans being lame wanting to see Amare and Diaw suspended and here you are in a different thread being lame hoping Duncan and Bowen are suspended.

Hypocritical little Dallas skank.

Trainwreck2100
to spurs fans....and in my eyes, amare was still in the vicinity of the suns bench

did the refs have to separate the court lineups in the second quarter?

SpursWoman
05-15-2007, 12:53 PM
once again, no mistake made...kerr is not biased against the spurs

That was a joke, as indicated by the ":lol".

Sire
spurs = dirty team?

Kori Ellis
Usually when you pass the line of the coaches box (and he did) you are no longer in the immediate vicinity.

I don't want him suspended but I see why they may do so by the rule.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-15-2007, 12:55 PM
You know the irony in all of this is this could have been avoided. If only Finley had gotten to Nash before Horry this would be a nonissue.

Finley did get to Nash, the refs didn't call a foul, kinda fits in hand with the rest of the night huh?

The irony is if the refs would have done their damn jobs last night none of this would have happened - Phoenix wouldn't have gotten away with pounding the hell out of the Spurs all night without getting so much as a foul while Duncan gets tagged with cheap offensive fouls on flops, and the refs would have called Finley for the first foul and Horry wouldn't have felt the need to make it clear it was a foul on Nash.

TheJonas
05-15-2007, 12:56 PM
he just said on the Dan Patrick show that after elson was undercut by Jones, that the refs had to get in between the two, and stopped the play of the game...duncan started to rush onto the court and was at the 3 pt line, before bowen grabbed him and pulled him back...Kerr, the SPURS HOMER, said that by the letter of the law Duncan and Bowen must be suspended unless the league ammends the law

hey, dont bash me or other suns fans about this...this is straight from the mouth of one of the biggest spurs homers in the world

Gaddabout
05-15-2007, 12:56 PM
Hey, Jalen Rose is a veteran and he was just pulling a crafty veteran move.

ponky
05-15-2007, 12:57 PM
Two things:

1. Kerr unbiased? right, you realize he is part owner of the Suns, right?

2. There was no altercation between Jones and Elson. Elson went down, and everyone checked to see if he was alright. There were no elbows, shoves, or anything remotely resembling an altercation.

I am so tired of your shit ponky. You come to our site with your ivory tower bullshit about Spurs fans being lame wanting to see Amare and Diaw suspended and here you are in a different thread being lame hoping Duncan and Bowen are suspended.

Hypocritical little Dallas skank.

And I'm tire dof your shit too, so fucking what? It's the internet and unless it's a private forum, I'll post whatever the hell I damn please so get over it and don't mention that shit again, it's just a silly forum idiot. I didn't say anywhere that I hoped Duncan and Bowen were suspended, in fact, several times, I've stated that everyone should play, including Horry because I think the rule should be applied with more discretion. Learn to read bitch, I undesrtand you went to that hick school up in College Station but that's no excuse. Kerr is not unbiased, or should I spam the board with the zillion articles he's written about the adorable Spurs?

Aggie Hoopsfan
1. There was no altercation.

2. I'm glad you started this, there's only 20 threads on the first page about it already.

:tu

And he's not a Spurs homer. He's a partial owner of the Phoenix Suns.

Amare_32
Finley did get to Nash, the refs didn't call a foul, kinda fits in hand with the rest of the night huh?

The irony is if the refs would have done their damn jobs last night none of this would have happened - Phoenix wouldn't have gotten away with pounding the hell out of the Spurs all night without getting so much as a foul while Duncan gets tagged with cheap offensive fouls on flops, and the refs would have called Finley for the first foul and Horry wouldn't have felt the need to make it clear it was a foul on Nash.

I don't remember seeing Finley fouling Nash he might have I don't know.

SAtown
1) He's not a Spurs homer.

2) There's a million other fuckin threads about this. I'm sure everyone here is already sick of speculation.

Gaddabout
05-15-2007, 12:58 PM
hehe. Kerr is no longer a Spurs homer. He's Sarver's long-time pal and a Suns investor.

GrandeDavid
he just said on the Dan Patrick show that after elson was undercut by Jones, that the refs had to get in between the two, and stopped the play of the game...duncan started to rush onto the court and was at the 3 pt line, before bowen grabbed him and pulled him back...Kerr, the SPURS HOMER, said that by the letter of the law Duncan and Bowen must be suspended unless the league ammends the law

hey, dont bash me or other suns fans about this...this is straight from the mouth of one of the biggest spurs homers in the world

Kerr is definitely NOT a Spurs homer. In fact, he usually goes out of his way to show he is unbiased to the tune of unnecessary criticism of the Spurs. He does a good job, overall, though.

Amare_32
And I'm tire dof your shit too, so fucking what? It's the internet and unless it's a private forum, I'll post whatever the hell I damn please so get over it and don't mention that shit again, it's just a silly forum idiot. I didn't say anywhere that I hoped Duncan and Bowen were suspended, in fact, several times, I've stated that everyone should play, including Horry because I think the rule should be applied with more discretion. Learn to read bitch, I undesrtand you went to that hick school up in College Station but that's no excuse. Kerr is not unbiased, or should I spam the board with the zillion articles he's written about the adorable Spurs?

Thats it. Release your anger.

TheJonas
05-15-2007, 12:59 PM
there was an altercation...the play was stopped, and the refs got between the 2 players...exactly like at the end of the game, only on a smaller scale

i find it funny, that you aggiefan were so happy that amare and diaw will be suspended last night, you said you hope they are because a win is a win

now that it is a spurs player you are on the defensive

STEVE KERR SAID THIS...AND ANYONE WITH A BRAIN KNOWS KERR IS A GIANT SPURS HOMER

Trainwreck2100
05-15-2007, 01:00 PM
Hey, Jalen Rose is a veteran and he was just pulling a crafty veteran move.

won't work

ponky
05-15-2007, 01:00 PM
Usually when you pass the line of the coaches box (and he did) you are no longer in the immediate vicinity.

yeah i understand and i actually think amare and diaw are out a game but you never know with this league. they've made an exception to the rule before and there's no reason to believe they can't make one again and come up with some b.s. that they don't have to explain because they never explain such rulings. there's a reason the wording is vague in that rule, otherwise they could've just made it so black and white as to insure that no specualtion whatsoever was viable.

Kevin Blackistone
05-15-2007, 01:01 PM

This is really telling of the type of person you are. You are what is known as an "externalist" in that you blame problems on others or "external" sources. It's not Stoudemire and Diaw's fault for knowingly breaking a rule that they has been in place long before they were ever in the NBA and that they have been told about countless times... no, it can't be their fault. It must be the fault of the big bad man who took a cheap shot at their teammate and MADE them get up and break the rule. I got news for your externalist ass - no one makes anyone do anything. Everyone has a choice, and if you make the wrong one you pay the price. I feel sorry for you, externalists are the people who never take responsiblity for their own actions and always lead a pitiful life blaming everyone but themselves along the way. I hope it's not that bad for you, but you should really take a look at the way you are thinking here. Hold people accountable for their actions and realize no one makes anyone break the rules.

RonMexico
I watched it and Duncan and Bowen both jumped up and ran to mid court after Elson was stupid enough to hang on the rim and then fall on James Jones who was walking away. That's not an altercation and I don't see how a flagrant 2 foul is also considered an "altercation."

Aggie Hoopsfan

Howabout all the ones he writes for Phoenix? Or howabout the fact he has money invested in the Suns, and they are even talking about making him GM. Yep, I'm sure that's a voice of impartiality.

Cute comeback. Don't get your panties in a bunch because I called you out for being a two faced Dallas hag. You can't have it both ways, no wait, my bad, you're a typical Dallas chick, you can have it both ways :lol That's what you do best.

I love the digs on A&M. Damn proud I went there, and obviously got a more quality education than your 'Suns are saints because they're playing the Spurs, Spurs are the devil because I hate them' bullshit takes.

See, it's fun, I can post anything I want too :spin

ponky

:lol :lol :lol i just hate dumbshits like AHF, just say no to aggies!

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-15-2007, 01:02 PM
I don't remember seeing Finley fouling Nash he might have I don't know.

He did, Finley put both arms on Nash right on the inbounds, the refs let it go, and then a couple of steps later he ran into Horry.

If the refs would have done their job to start, the mess at the end of last night never happens.

Trainwreck2100
05-15-2007, 01:02 PM
there was an altercation...the play was stopped, and the refs got between the 2 players...exactly like at the end of the game, only on a smaller scale

i find it funny, that you aggiefan were so happy that amare and diaw will be suspended last night, you said you hope they are because a win is a win

STEVE KERR SAID THIS...AND ANYONE WITH A BRAIN KNOWS KERR IS A GIANT SPURS HOMER

Yeah, because Kerr has been jocking Nash nuts all fucking series he's such a Spurs homer.

coachmac87
05-15-2007, 01:03 PM
fucka a nigga with an 8th dick

mFFL03
law is the law....

step out on the court during a confrontation, foul, or altercation...

you're suspended....ducan's gotta go too

Aggie Hoopsfan

I said Phoenix got what they deserved by whining all week. Fucking read.

Where am I on the defensive? There was no altercation.

Steve Kerr isn't a Spurs homer. Anyone with a brain knows he's part owner of the Phoenix Suns and the front runner to be their next GM. If you're going to troll, you're going to have do a better job of talking out your ass than this.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-15-2007, 01:04 PM
:lol :lol :lol i just hate dumbshits like AHF, just say no to aggies!

Don't worry, no one wants your gonorrhea anyway.

bigfish22
05-15-2007, 01:05 PM
faagedabowdit uze a fuugaezee

Gaddabout
05-15-2007, 01:06 PM
won't work

Won't work because it's shady logic. Just like calling Horry's foul a veteran move. T'was my point.

ponky
Howabout all the ones he writes for Phoenix? Or howabout the fact he has money invested in the Suns, and they are even talking about making him GM. Yep, I'm sure that's a voice of impartiality.

Cute comeback. Don't get your panties in a bunch because I called you out for being a two faced Dallas hag. You can't have it both ways, no wait, my bad, you're a typical Dallas chick, you can have it both ways :lol That's what you do best.

I love the digs on A&M. Damn proud I went there, and obviously got a more quality education than your 'Suns are saints because they're playing the Spurs, Spurs are the devil because I hate them' bullshit takes.

See, it's fun, I can post anything I want too :spin

hmmm, i've never lived in dallas bitch, and you'd know that if you even bothered to read my posts in their entirety before going on a little fag rant

a&m sucks ass, loser school for people who can't get into u.t. and wanna pretend like they hate the 'horns

nothing was wrong with kerr when he was raining 3s on the mavs, nothing wrong with him when he picked the spurs to win it all, it's only when he writes a little thing that you disagree with that you put him on the traitor list like avery, bitch please, enough with the nonsense. you and kevin are the worst homers ever

http://www.forgetfoo.com/images/blog/aggies-squeeze-small.jpg

Amare_32
He did, Finley put both arms on Nash right on the inbounds, the refs let it go, and then a couple of steps later he ran into Horry.

If the refs would have done their job to start, the mess at the end of last night never happens.

That is horrible if the refs could have avoided this by calling Finn for the foul.

ponky
05-15-2007, 01:07 PM
Don't worry, no one wants your gonorrhea anyway.

girl jokes and std jokes, wow i'm impressed

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-15-2007, 01:07 PM
That is horrible if the refs could have avoided this by calling Finn for the foul.

Yep, therein lies the rub.

Trainwreck2100
05-15-2007, 01:08 PM
Won't work because it's shady logic. Just like calling Horry's foul a veteran move. T'was my point.

Did you ever see the bad boys? They did shit like that all the time. So it was a veteran move in the he basically gave Nash a parting shot. But I think too many people are giving him credit for Amare and Diaw being idiots.

ponky
05-15-2007, 01:12 PM
Did you ever see the bad boys? They did shit like that all the time. So it was a veteran move in the he basically gave Nash a parting shot. But I think too many people are giving him credit for Amare and Diaw being idiots.

you do have a point, but the problem with the whole bad boys and old school ball is that this league has turned into a bush league and if they're going to call every ticky tack call, it would be dumb to decide otherwise midway through a series. personally, less whistle would be preferable, i don't even care if it means that softer teams like the mavs have to readjust, the game would be more entertaining and whiners would really have something to whine about rather than all this soft achilles heel love tap crap.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-15-2007, 01:13 PM
hmmm, i've never lived in dallas bitch, and you'd know that if you even bothered to read my posts in their entirety before going on a little fag rant

a&m sucks ass, loser school for people who can't get into u.t. and wanna pretend like they hate the 'horns

nothing was wrong with kerr when he was raining 3s on the mavs, nothing wrong with him when he picked the spurs to win it all, it's only when he writes a little thing that you disagree with that you put him on the traitor list like avery, bitch please, enough with the nonsense. you and kevin are the worst homers ever

:lmao Yep, A&M sure sucks ass. If only we could toss salad like the folks in Austin, we'd be a real school with real frats :tu

Seriously, I've got some great friends that went to school there, and we have no problem with one another. :lol @ can't get into u.t. I had 'ship offers from both, picked A&M because everyone doesn't have a stick up their asses like in Austin.

Figures that someone like you, who probably has a stick and a broom up her ass, would defend that school. Perfect couple.

Kerr helped us win a championship, what's your fucking point? I guess you missed where he said all year long that the MVP race was between Dirk and Nash and didn't even give Duncan a whiff. Yeah, that sure was a shit load of bias towards the Spurs :rolleyes

The facts are that for all your whining about stupid ass Kerr articles on Yahoo, he has been a part owner in the Suns for about two years, and is potentially their next GM.

His allegiance has changed, much like Avery used to be a Spur but now coaches a team on a mission to beat them. Why is this lost on you? If u.t. is so fucking great, how is it basic logic like this escapes you but is pretty damn obvious for someone who couldn't 'get into' the school in Austin?

You think Kerr is a Spurs homer when he's got a couple million invested in the Suns? You are a stupid bitch.

Oh yeah, nevermind, despite all that Kerr is a Spurs homer. If you really think that, it's because you're a stupid, biased, resentful little Dallas fan. With gonorrhea. Have a nice day.

Aggie Hoopsfan
girl jokes and std jokes, wow i'm impressed

Right up there with your cute little ut/Aggie jokes. :tu

Pot, meet kettle, bitch.

wildbill2u
Actually, i wouldn't be surprised if the league was SERIOUSLY REACHING for anything remotely viable to balance out what i think will be inevitable whitewash of the whole thing with Amare and Diaw not getting suspended.

They will not suspend them. Book it.

ponky
05-15-2007, 01:15 PM
Actually, i wouldn't be surprised if the league was SERIOUSLY REACHING for anything remotely viable to balance out what i think will be inevitable whitewash of the whole thing with Amare and Diaw not getting suspended.

yup, you may be right

Trainwreck2100
05-15-2007, 01:16 PM
you do have a point, but the problem with the whole bad boys and old school ball is that this league has turned into a bush league and if they're going to call every ticky tack call, it would be dumb to decide otherwise midway through a series. personally, less whistle would be preferable, i don't even care if it means that softer teams like the mavs have to readjust, the game would be more entertaining and whiners would really have something to whine about rather than all this soft achilles heel love tap crap.

Bingo, NBA's become too pussy, in the earlier years, shit like this happened you send your 12th man to give Horry a hard shot ant it's over. Now we have to deal with this pussy crap, and a stupid rule that should have been ammended or clarified a long time ago

Jeremy
05-15-2007, 01:16 PM
Yep, therein lies the rub.

So, can't the league retroactively call the foul and get around the whole mess? Hehe.

Amare_32
05-15-2007, 01:19 PM

I am not so sure. Amare is not getting suspended that I agree. However Diaw will end up being the fall guy.

ponky
05-15-2007, 01:19 PM
:lmao Yep, A&M sure sucks ass. If only we could toss salad like the folks in Austin, we'd be a real school with real frats :tu

Seriously, I've got some great friends that went to school there, and we have no problem with one another. :lol @ can't get into u.t. I had 'ship offers from both, picked A&M because everyone doesn't have a stick up their asses like in Austin.

Figures that someone like you, who probably has a stick and a broom up her ass, would defend that school. Perfect couple.

Kerr helped us win a championship, what's your fucking point? I guess you missed where he said all year long that the MVP race was between Dirk and Nash and didn't even give Duncan a whiff. Yeah, that sure was a shit load of bias towards the Spurs :rolleyes

The facts are that for all your whining about stupid ass Kerr articles on Yahoo, he has been a part owner in the Suns for about two years, and is potentially their next GM.

His allegiance has changed, much like Avery used to be a Spur but now coaches a team on a mission to beat them. Why is this lost on you? If u.t. is so fucking great, how is it basic logic like this escapes you but is pretty damn obvious for someone who couldn't 'get into' the school in Austin?

You think Kerr is a Spurs homer when he's got a couple million invested in the Suns? You are a stupid bitch.

Oh yeah, nevermind, despite all that Kerr is a Spurs homer. If you really think that, it's because you're a stupid, biased, resentful little Dallas fan. With gonorrhea. Have a nice day.

oh right, so now that i don't live in dallas, you're moving on to diss austin...oh-kay college station boy, you got me! :rolleyes

thanks for telling me about your horns friends and your little 'ships like i care about such ridiculous nonsense. thanks for the laughs, you have got to be the biggest homer on the board outside of spursdynasty. when ex-spurs leave they get shat on for not fawning over the spurs, gotcha. thank god i don't feel the same way about finley or nash or even nellies, it's such a bitch way to act.

ponky
05-15-2007, 01:21 PM
Bingo, NBA's become too pussy, in the earlier years, shit like this happened you send your 12th man to give Horry a hard shot ant it's over. Now we have to deal with this pussy crap, and a stupid rule that should have been ammended or clarified a long time ago

:lol it's funny that i absolutely agree with you, bound to happen at least once! alright i'm done, this is like a dog chasing his own tail with all these threads and speculation, we'll see what happens soon

Amare_32
05-15-2007, 01:24 PM
:lol it's funny that i absolutely agree with you, bound to happen at least once! alright i'm done, this is like a dog chasing his own tail with all these threads and speculation, we'll see what happens soon

I hate the waiting. You do know once the ruling comes down there will be countless threads of who got the wrong end of the stick.

ponky
05-15-2007, 01:25 PM
I hate the waiting. You do know once the ruling comes down there will be countless threads of who got the wrong end of the stick.

lol, i know....so this begs the question, where the heck is NASHFAN?!?!?!?!? i would absolutely die laughing watching him get into it with kevin or ahf.

my2sons
05-15-2007, 01:26 PM

wonder how angry you'll be if amare and diaw are suspended, then you can release all you want.

TampaDude
05-15-2007, 01:27 PM
law is the law....

step out on the court during a confrontation, foul, or altercation...

you're suspended....ducan's gotta go too

Wrong...the only word in the rules is "altercation"...look it up, chokeboy...

Aggie Hoopsfan
So, can't the league retroactively call the foul and get around the whole mess? Hehe.

Actually that wouldn't be a bad compromise, as long as they let us replay the last 20 seconds :lol

Amare_32
wonder how angry you'll be if amare and diaw are suspended, then you can release all you want.

Wait and see :lol

Amare_32
05-15-2007, 01:28 PM

Like I said before Diaw is gone but Amare will be playing tomorrow.

SA210
05-15-2007, 01:30 PM
I would be pissed if TD and Bruce and all them got suspended, but that would be an interesting game to watch. It would have to be Manu time. :lol

ponky
05-15-2007, 01:32 PM

i hoper you're right. i still think marion can come up big if amare doesn't play, he seems to shine best when amare is out, but i'd prefer that amare play.

Aggie Hoopsfan
oh right, so now that i don't live in dallas, you're moving on to diss austin...oh-kay college station boy, you got me! :rolleyes

thanks for telling me about your horns friends and your little 'ships like i care about such ridiculous nonsense. thanks for the laughs, you have got to be the biggest homer on the board outside of spursdynasty. when ex-spurs leave they get shat on for not fawning over the spurs, gotcha. thank god i don't feel the same way about finley or nash or even nellies, it's such a bitch way to act.

Oh right, it's okay for you to call out A&M and CS, but any retort by me is me 'moving on'. Like I said, hypocritical little bitch.

As for ex-Spurs getting 'shat' on, that's what happens to AJ when he becomes the coach of our rival. Fucking deal with it. As to Kerr, he's friggin' part-owner of the Suns. Are you this fucking dense? :lol

LOL @ the 'Spurs homer' part, you've been around this board long enough to know I'm probably one of the most critical of the Spurs on here. But I will defend them against bullshit posts like yours and all the other pussy fans whose teams are out of the playoffs already, or in the case of Suns fans, crying for all the help the zebras will give them.

The funnest part of all is seeing the same Suns fans who have been whining the last week and taking wild interpretations of the rules to find dirty play by the Spurs (and hoping for flagrants/suspensions/etc.) getting pissed in the last 12 hours about the turnabout by Spurs fans.

Like I said, talk about hypocrisy, but I guess when you're the alpha dog (SA) with three rings, people are looking for any edge they can find.

You want to talk about bitch ways to act? We can start copying and pasting from the NBA forum all the bitching of Mavs fans while you guys were getting owned by GS. How'd you like that?

Hypocritical little bitch.

Marcus Bryant
If a Suns player and a Suns part-owner say something it must be true.

sunsbum
05-15-2007, 01:34 PM
Wrong...the only word in the rules is "altercation"...look it up, chokeboy...

who the fuck are you to decide what an altercation means to the league?

Trainwreck2100
05-15-2007, 01:34 PM

Now you guys are just reaching though

Budkin
05-15-2007, 01:35 PM
Um, Rose plays for the Suns.

ponky
05-15-2007, 01:36 PM
Oh right, it's okay for you to call out A&M and CS, but any retort by me is me 'moving on'. Like I said, hypocritical little bitch.

As for ex-Spurs getting 'shat' on, that's what happens to AJ when he becomes the coach of our rival. Fucking deal with it. As to Kerr, he's friggin' part-owner of the Suns. Are you this fucking dense? :lol

LOL @ the 'Spurs homer' part, you've been around this board long enough to know I'm probably one of the most critical of the Spurs on here. But I will defend them against bullshit posts like yours and all the other pussy fans whose teams are out of the playoffs already, or in the case of Suns fans, crying for all the help the zebras will give them.

The funnest part of all is seeing the same Suns fans who have been whining the last week and taking wild interpretations of the rules to find dirty play by the Spurs (and hoping for flagrants/suspensions/etc.) getting pissed in the last 12 hours about the turnabout by Spurs fans.

Like I said, talk about hypocrisy, but I guess when you're the alpha dog (SA) with three rings, people are looking for any edge they can find.

You want to talk about bitch ways to act? We can start copying and pasting from the NBA forum all the bitching of Mavs fans while you guys were getting owned by GS. How'd you like that?

Hypocritical little bitch.

:lmao, nice, little aggie is all hot and bothered. btw, i never bought into the
spurs are dirty" bullshit but i'm not a lame ass homer like you who can't talk ball and would rather put fans of other teams in their places. i didn't start the shit with the dallas, a&m, std trashtalk bitch, you started it with the whole typical dallas person blah blah blah so don't fold when it gets dished right back at you.

Amare_32
05-15-2007, 01:38 PM
i hoper you're right. i still think marion can come up big if amare doesn't play, he seems to shine best when amare is out, but i'd prefer that amare play.

If Diaw is out I wonder if Jalen will get some minutes.

Bandit2981
05-15-2007, 01:38 PM
If it wasn't Amare and Diaw who left the bench during the Horry mess but 2 lesser important Suns players, this wouldn't even be a discussion. Everyone would agree that rules are rules, which are to be followed until someone changes them. I hate "superstar foul calls" and "superstar rule bending" like this situation is in the same category as well.

Gino20
05-15-2007, 01:39 PM

Well, there was no altercation that took place. After the dunk, Elson looked at Jones and that was it. After the floor was wiped, the game resumed. Sorry, that is not an altercation. Everything that happened at the end, was obviously an altercation. It is evident that they were saying crap to one another and shoving was taking place. The rule clearly states, "altercation." So, I doubt that Duncan or Bowen get suspended for that. It is possible they get a fine though, who knows? I think Amare is gone for game 5, as well as Diaw. If they suspend only one, it is Amare because his reaction was less discreet than Diaw's...

ponky
05-15-2007, 01:40 PM
If Diaw is out I wonder if Jalen will get some minutes.

probably and maybe that's a good thing, diaw hasn't been very effective in this series. i'm really proud of my ex-knick, kurt thomas...i call him EL DIABLO because i think he looks like the devil. he's without a doubt my favorite player on that team!

pad300
05-15-2007, 01:40 PM
I watched it and Duncan and Bowen both jumped up and ran to mid court after Elson was stupid enough to hang on the rim and then fall on James Jones who was walking away. That's not an altercation and I don't see how a flagrant 2 foul is also considered an "altercation."

I think "altercation" is a code word for potential brawl. While I think the 1st half Elson vs. James Jones incident was never going to become a brawl, I think the Horry-Bell incident (after Horry fouled Nash) was a lot closer to a fight...I think the league should clarify it's intent here.

Trainwreck2100
05-15-2007, 01:41 PM
probably and maybe that's a good thing, diaw hasn't been very effective in this series. i'm really proud of my ex-knick, kurt thomas...i call him EL DIABLO because i think he looks like the devil. he's without a doubt my favorite player on that team!

Well hate to burst your bubble, but win or lose after this series he will be sent back to the dredge squad.

ponky
05-15-2007, 01:43 PM
Well hate to burst your bubble, but win or lose after this series he will be sent back to the dredge squad.

yeah i know but i will always remember him as a knicks and years ago i really thought the mavs should've picked him up and fuckers didn't!

he's the ivanisevic of this series! haha, just kidding.

Trainwreck2100
05-15-2007, 01:43 PM
I think "altercation" is a code word for potential brawl. While I think the 1st half Elson vs. James Jones incident was never going to become a brawl, I think the Horry-Bell incident (after Horry fouled Nash) was a lot closer to a fight...I think the league should clarify it's intent here.

Bingo bango the Horry Bell thing was definitely an altercation. And if they weren't doing anything wrong why did the coaches hold them back.

bigfish22
05-15-2007, 01:44 PM

How you figure that? Amare initiated the rush to the court, and went out further than Diaw. So how you gonna say something like that?

I don't think Diaw was even going there to fight, he prolly just wanted to go and take a neutral side like all the French do in times of war.

SpursWoman

I'm guessing that altercation means to the league what it means in the English dictionary.

al·ter·ca·tion

n. A vehement quarrel.

:lol

Islymore
You can't have it both ways, no wait, my bad, you're a typical Dallas chick, you can have it both ways :lol That's what you do best.

so - what is the typical Dallas chick like? juss wonderin...

I do think Horry will be out, Amare is a possibility - it looks like he was not in the immediate vicinity of his bench... but... u never know. Diaw likely, Bell likely.

Bowen and TD if they left the bench and stepped onto the court during the supposed incident "altercation" (whether small/big/all out brawl) - they too should be suspended... period. the rules dont specify what type of altercation it was...

Amare_32
05-15-2007, 01:46 PM
How you figure that? Amare initiated the rush to the court, and went out further than Diaw. So how you gonna say something like that?

I don't think Diaw was even going there to fight, he prolly just wanted to go and take a neutral side like all the French do in times of war.

No way does Stern suspend 2 key players. My guess is Amare stays and Diaw goes.

Gino20
05-15-2007, 01:47 PM

I do think Horry will be out, Amare is a possibility - it looks like he was not in the immediate vicinity of his bench... but... u never know. Diaw likely, Bell likely.

Bowen and TD if they left the bench and stepped onto the court during the supposed incident "altercation" (whether small/big/all out brawl) - they too should be suspended... period. the rules dont specify what type of altercation it was...

Yeah, but there was no altercation. After the dunk, Elson fell to the floor and looked at Jones. I don't think they said anything to one another and there was obviously no pushing or anything. The refs did not have to step between them either...this is a reach if you ask me...

Kori Ellis

But the league can easily determine Elson/Jones was not an altercation. It's obvious the Nash/Horry was.

Trainwreck2100

Yeah well i said that last night so ha

Gino20
05-15-2007, 01:49 PM
Yeah well i said that last night so ha

If anything, I think Amare goes and Diaw stays. Amare's reactions appeared worse then Diaw's...The league will put their foot down regardless of who it is....

ManuMagic
05-15-2007, 01:49 PM

I've banged enough Dallas chicks to know that the typical Dallas chick likes it rough.

ManuMagic
05-15-2007, 01:53 PM
This is what should happen:

The NBA should not suspend anyone for game 5. They should set the precedent that they will go around their own rules and not suspend anyone.

Then, right before tip off for game 5 Bonner, White, and Beno, eh not Beno... Butler should rush to half court and proceed to chop Amare's knees and snap his legs. At this point a fight will break out and everyone will rush the court.

Let's see the NBA punish anyone then after already setting the precedent that they won't punish anyone for breaking the NBA law.

timvp
05-15-2007, 01:55 PM
I watched the replay a lot of times and I guess it's possible that Duncan gets suspended. He obviously left the vicinity of the bench. Whether they rule that is an altercation is the question.

I can't believe Francisco Elson's goofy ass might cost the Spurs Tim Duncan in a playoff game. If that happens, Elson should be barred from ever returning to San Antonio.

Hopefully the league doesn't "even it out" by suspending Duncan and Bowen to make up for a suspension of Amare and Diaw. If anything, just don't suspend anyone and play Game 5.

But bottomline is I'm still pissed the Spurs choked that game and possibly this series away in disgusting fashion.

bigfish22
05-15-2007, 01:56 PM

Okay let's say Stern doesn't want to suspend two key players for game 5. Then tell me why you think Diaw should be suspended and not Amare.

Or are you just trying to say that you pretty much believe that they were in the wrong, and you know that someone has to get suspended, but you hope that its the lesser of the two?

Because it's clear who went first. Its clear who went with a more aggressive intent. And it's clear who went further on to the court. But yet you advocate for suspending the one who did slightly lesser than all of the above? Explain...

Trainwreck2100
05-15-2007, 01:57 PM
Okay let's say Stern doesn't want to suspend two key players for game 5. Then tell me why you think Diaw should be suspended and not Amare.

That checking in bullshit. Nobody will buy it except maybe Amare. But it should keep him in.

planaria
05-15-2007, 01:59 PM
Well, looks like people now are dealing with the own argument of "rule is rule".

It´s clear that Duncan was way in the court and the reason was Elson´s stuff.

BTW, this rule is ridiculous. Nobody should be suspended, except for Horry.

ManuMagic
05-15-2007, 01:59 PM
I watched the replay a lot of times and I guess it's possible that Duncan gets suspended. He obviously left the vicinity of the bench. Whether they rule that is an altercation is the question.

I can't believe Francisco Elson's goofy ass might cost the Spurs Tim Duncan in a playoff game. If that happens, Elson should be barred from ever returning to San Antonio.

Hopefully the league doesn't "even it out" by suspending Duncan and Bowen to make up for a suspension of Amare and Diaw. If anything, just don't suspend anyone and play Game 5.

But bottomline is I'm still pissed the Spurs choked that game and possibly this series away in disgusting fashion.

The NBA is trash

sabar
05-15-2007, 02:01 PM
This will be the worst series ever if 5 players are suspended. Seriously. I don't even know if the Spurs could score more than 60 points with Duncan gone and Manu shooting 30%.

Trainwreck2100
05-15-2007, 02:02 PM
Well, looks like people now are dealing with the own argument of "rule is rule".

It´s clear that Duncan was way in the court and the reason was Elson´s stuff.

BTW, this rule is ridiculous. Nobody should be suspended, except for Horry.

Not really were more worried about the NBA evening this out by suspending Duncan. Horry's shit doesn't go down and this is a non issue.

MadDog73
05-15-2007, 02:05 PM
This will be the worst series ever if 5 players are suspended. Seriously. I don't even know if the Spurs could score more than 60 points with Duncan gone and Manu shooting 30%.

OK, the Game would suck, but not the series.

No matter who win tomorrow night, they still have to win one more....

And by then, both teams should be full.

Islymore
05-15-2007, 02:08 PM
ManuMagic - lots of women like it ruff... u cant generalize all the women from Dallas bc the ones you banged liked it that way. sorry.

I dont think Duncan, Bowen, Bell, Diaw, or Amare should be suspended. I think its all a bit of a reach - but I could understand why they would be suspend them. Big Shot Rob on the other hand, should be.

Amare_32
05-15-2007, 02:10 PM
ManuMagic - lots of women like it ruff... u cant generalize all the women from Dallas bc the ones you banged liked it that way. sorry.

I dont think Duncan, Bowen, Bell, Diaw, or Amare should be suspended. I think its all a bit of a reach - but I could understand why they would be suspend them. Big Shot Rob on the other hand, should be.

I know the League is supposed to have a ruling at 5pm. I find it interesting they would wait until then to release it.

ponky
05-15-2007, 02:12 PM
NASHFAN!!!!! where the heck have you been?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??! lol, ummm, don't mind me if i'm nice to you for a week or two :lol

ponky
05-15-2007, 02:13 PM
I know the League is supposed to have a ruling at 5pm. I find it interesting they would wait until then to release it.

WTF?!?!?! at 5PM? ugh, i have to teach some violin lessons but i'll take a break and check espn news on the phone while i pretend to go to the bathroom, hehe

Amare_32
05-15-2007, 02:14 PM
WTF?!?!?! at 5PM? ugh, i have to teach some violin lessons but i'll take a break and check espn news on the phone while i pretend to go to the bathroom, hehe

:lol Thats what I heard. I know they already decided on Baron Davis so maybe they say something soon on last night.

dbreiden83080
05-15-2007, 02:19 PM
I just saw the tape of the Duncan thing in the 2nd qtr, there is no WAY he is getting suspended. Elson gets undercut and hits the deck Duncan and Bowen are on the court when he is down as soon as Elson gets up Duncan and Bowen go and sit back down. There was no altercation at all between Elson and anyone on the Suns the league has no reason to suspend Duncan and the Spurs will go apeshit if they do.

Nashfan
05-15-2007, 02:35 PM
NASHFAN!!!!! where the heck have you been?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??! lol, ummm, don't mind me if i'm nice to you for a week or two :lol

I'v been around, guess you might have missed a few of my comments, and no I don't mind if you are nice to me for a week or two :lol

ponky
05-15-2007, 02:41 PM
I'v been around, guess you might have missed a few of my comments, and no I don't mind if you are nice to me for a week or two :lol

Cool. Congrats on the win last night and the playoffs in general, Suns are playing well and it was so good of D'Antoni to put Thomas in the lineup, he's my favorite Suns guy because of his time as a Knick.

gtownspur
05-15-2007, 02:42 PM
Cool. Congrats on the win last night and the playoffs in general, Suns are playing well and it was so good of D'Antoni to put Thomas in the lineup, he's my favorite Suns guy because of his time as a Knick.

Miss :oink laying down the word.

Nashfan
05-15-2007, 02:44 PM
Thanks! :) Kurt is starting to be one of my favorite players also. I thought we should have used him in the first game on Duncan to keep Amare out of foul trouble and to help box out and get rebounds.

Nashfan
05-15-2007, 02:47 PM
Miss :oink laying down the word.
:stfu Ponky and I don't always see eye to eye but you don't have to be a jerk to her.

ponky
05-15-2007, 02:48 PM
Thanks! :) Kurt is starting to be one of my favorite players also. I thought we should have used him in the first game on Duncan to keep Amare out of foul trouble and to help box out and get rebounds.

he's a dallas dude too, one that i thought the mavs would've done well to pick up a couple of years ago but oh well, as long as he's haranguing the spurs, i'm happy. good luck tomorrow night and hopefully, you guys will do alright with the punishments despite all the mess from last night. marion needs to step up and play well if amare sits.

Nashfan
05-15-2007, 02:49 PM
he's a dallas dude too, one that i thought the mavs would've done well to pick up a couple of years ago but oh well, as long as he's haranguing the spurs, i'm happy. good luck tomorrow night and hopefully, you guys will do alright with the punishments despite all the mess from last night. marion needs to step up and play well if amare sits.

Thanks, I've been saying my prayers all night and day that Amare and Diaw don't get suspended but I not sure it will do any good. :lol

ponky
05-15-2007, 02:50 PM
:stfu Ponky and I don't always see eye to eye but you don't have to be a jerk to her.

it's cool, at least with you it's mostly game smack, i never really mean most of the stuff i say and i've cleared the air with you in the past. g-townspur is just jonesing for some suspensions and this has given him a lot of blind rage, i'm trying to ignore him from now on, i can just imagine the meltdown if amare and diaw don't both get suspended although i think they might

Nashfan
05-15-2007, 02:52 PM
it's cool, at least with you it's mostly game smack, i never really mean most of the stuff i say and i've cleared the air with you in the past. g-townspur is just jonesing for some suspensions and this has given him a lot of blind rage, i'm trying to ignore him from now on, i can just imagine the meltdown if amare and diaw don't both get suspended although i think they might

Same here. Hard to ignore jerks like him. :rolleyes Keeping my fingers crossed that there are no suspensions :)

Rummpd
05-15-2007, 02:53 PM
As a Spurs fans I want no suspensions too, but I predict it will be a Sternish Solomon decision - suspend Horry and Diaw and wink at Amare - "he came up with an excuse".

Taco
05-15-2007, 02:56 PM
http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_history.html

1994-95
• Shortened the three-point line (22 feet in the corners extending to 23 feet, nine inches at the top of the key) to a uniform 22 feet around the basket.
• Awarded three foul shots for any player fouled while attempting a three-point field goal.
• Any player who leaves the bench during a fight automatically suspended for a minimum of one game and fined a maximum of $20,000; in addition to losing 1/82nd of his salary for each game, he is suspended.
• Any player who commits two flagrant fouls in one game will be ejected.
• Hand-checking eliminated from the end line in the backcourt to the opposite foul line.
• Technical foul fines increased to $500 each. Formerly, the fines were $100 for the first technical and $150 for the second.
• “Clear path” rule changed to include contact in the backcourt. If a defender, grabs a player when the player has a clear path to the basket on a breakaway, two foul shots will be awarded.
• The second or more of back-to-back timeouts when the ball is not inbounded will be limited to 45 seconds.

cherylsteele
05-15-2007, 05:01 PM

Did they move the bench 20 feet towards half court or something.

I expect Bell and Horry to be suspended.

The rule is clear....you can't leave the bench area during an altercation...they clearly did that.....both of them. Don't give me this BS about checking into the game to cover for a stupid reaction just to save you from a penalty. If the NBA doesn't enforce this they will lose control in the future and then who's to say what will happen.

If you speed and get caught you have to pay whether you meant to or not.

VincentG
05-15-2007, 05:07 PM
Did they move the bench 20 feet towards half court or something.

I expect Bell and Horry to be suspended.

The rule is clear....you can't leave the bench area during an altercation...they clearly did that.....both of them. Don't give me this BS about checking into the game to cover for a stupid reaction just to save you from a penalty. If the NBA doesn't enforce this they will lose control in the future and then who's to say what will happen.

If you speed and get caught you have to pay whether you meant to or not.

Bell?? He won't be suspended. Not even close. He didn't throw a punch or anything. They might upgrade his T in the worst case scenario.

MajorMike
05-15-2007, 05:45 PM
Suns say Spurs left bench earlier
Paul Coro
The Arizona Republic
May. 15, 2007 11:18 AM

The Suns fought back again this morning.

Phoenix is alerting league officials about a play in which Spurs players Tim Duncan and Bruce Bowen left the bench during the second quarter of Monday's Game 4. This comes as speculation swells in the media and concern grows in Suns quarters that Amaré Stoudemire and Boris Diaw could be suspended for Wednesday's Game 5 because they left the bench when Spurs forward Robert Horry slammed Suns star Steve Nash to the ground in Game 4's final seconds.

San Antonio center Francisco Elson dunked less than three minutes into the third quarter and hung on the rim and Suns swingman James Jones unknowingly walked under him, causing Elson to crash to the floor. On the play, Duncan popped off the bench and moved inside the three-point line. Bowen follows him to his side before pulling on his arm back to the bench.

It is a subtle violation, but the Suns are arguing that those players would be just as susceptible to the letter of the league law as Stoudemire and Diaw were in leaving the bench after Horry's flagrant foul with 18 seconds to go. With Nash knocked into the scorer's table, Diaw quickly darted off the bench first before Stoudemire also came as he removed a towel from his shoulder and moved past the coaches until assistant coach Marc Iavaroni pulled him back.

The NBA's Rule No. 12, Section VII, item c states, "During an altercation, all players not participating in the game must remain in the immediate vicinity of their bench. Violators will be suspended, without pay, for a minimum of one game and fined up to $35,000. The suspensions will commence prior to the start of their next game."

"The whole guys-on-the-court thing, there wasn’t a fight," Nash said. "It wasn’t like guys left the bench to enter the fight. So I don’t see what, in the big picture, the deal is."

When Suns guard Raja Bell was suspended for clotheslining Lakers star Kobe Bryant in last year's playoffs, the Suns learned of the one-game reprimand the day after the incident.

E20
05-15-2007, 05:46 PM
LMAO
Nothing happend then. Elson dunked, he fell, got back up, left, mopper came, THE END.

Trainwreck2100
05-15-2007, 05:46 PM
welcome to 8 hours ago

dimsah
05-15-2007, 05:47 PM
Depends on what the meaning of the word "is" is.

SpursFanFirst
05-15-2007, 05:47 PM
ARRRRRRRG! PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!
I can't take it anymore...I just wish everyone would just :stfu and PLAY BASKETBALL! Is that asking too much?

Gino20
05-15-2007, 05:49 PM
Suns say Spurs left bench earlier
Paul Coro
The Arizona Republic
May. 15, 2007 11:18 AM

The Suns fought back again this morning.

Phoenix is alerting league officials about a play in which Spurs players Tim Duncan and Bruce Bowen left the bench during the second quarter of Monday's Game 4. This comes as speculation swells in the media and concern grows in Suns quarters that Amaré Stoudemire and Boris Diaw could be suspended for Wednesday's Game 5 because they left the bench when Spurs forward Robert Horry slammed Suns star Steve Nash to the ground in Game 4's final seconds.

San Antonio center Francisco Elson dunked less than three minutes into the third quarter and hung on the rim and Suns swingman James Jones unknowingly walked under him, causing Elson to crash to the floor. On the play, Duncan popped off the bench and moved inside the three-point line. Bowen follows him to his side before pulling on his arm back to the bench.

It is a subtle violation, but the Suns are arguing that those players would be just as susceptible to the letter of the league law as Stoudemire and Diaw were in leaving the bench after Horry's flagrant foul with 18 seconds to go. With Nash knocked into the scorer's table, Diaw quickly darted off the bench first before Stoudemire also came as he removed a towel from his shoulder and moved past the coaches until assistant coach Marc Iavaroni pulled him back.

The NBA's Rule No. 12, Section VII, item c states, "During an altercation, all players not participating in the game must remain in the immediate vicinity of their bench. Violators will be suspended, without pay, for a minimum of one game and fined up to $35,000. The suspensions will commence prior to the start of their next game."

"The whole guys-on-the-court thing, there wasn’t a fight," Nash said. "It wasn’t like guys left the bench to enter the fight. So I don’t see what, in the big picture, the deal is."

When Suns guard Raja Bell was suspended for clotheslining Lakers star Kobe Bryant in last year's playoffs, the Suns learned of the one-game reprimand the day after the incident.

No one (other then people on this board) are really talking about this. It is a reach by the Suns if you ask me. It is comparing apples to oranges. At the end of the game, there was clearly an altercation. This incident is really not considered an altercation. However, some may say it is. I think the fact that it is not clear, cut, and dry will benefit the Spurs.

Trainwreck2100
05-15-2007, 05:49 PM
LMAO
Nothing happend then. Elson dunked, he fell, got back up, left, mopper came, THE END.

You forget Duncan was on the grassy knoll while all this was going down. Amare was the victim in the library with the wrench

Trainwreck2100
05-15-2007, 05:50 PM
No one (other then people on this board) are really talking about this. It is a reach by the Suns if you ask me. It is comparing apples to oranges. At the end of the game, there was clearly an altercation. This incident is really not considered an altercation. However, some may say it is. I think the fact that it is not clear, cut, and dry will benefit the Spurs.

EJ went on the national Fox radio show and brought this up

BeerIsGood!
05-15-2007, 05:50 PM
That's the difference with the Suns and Spurs. The Spurs didn't send tape to the league of Amare and Diaw, didn't send tape of any of the 4 or 5 cheap shots from Bell yesterday, didn't whine like babies about getting completely jobbed in officiating in their own building.

The Suns get all the breaks and then their stupid ass players jump off the bench like complete idiots and they whine to the league to bail them out yet again. Pathetic Suns, Pathetic. I now hate the Phoenix Suns. I hope American West gets leveled by an earthquake.

dougp
05-15-2007, 05:51 PM
Duncan was going to check his team mate - Bowen stopped him when he saw Elson was ok.

Amare was clearly going in to cause trouble.

Leetonidas
"During an altercation, all players not participating in the game must remain in the immediate vicinity of their bench. Violators will be suspended, without pay, for a minimum of one game and fined up to $35,000. The suspensions will commence prior to the start of their next game."

There was no altercation. Elson fell, and Duncan was making sure he was alright. The same can't be said for Amare and Diaw.

sanman53
This series is reaching a new low. Come on, be men and play basketball!

Gino20
05-15-2007, 05:52 PM
EJ went on the national Fox radio show and brought this up

Would you be able to expand on this a little more. I would greatly appreciate it...

jmard5
05-15-2007, 05:53 PM
:lol
- Stoudamire making up "kicking" stories
- Stoudamire lying that he was just checking in during the altercation
- Jalen Rose/Suns FO trying to suspend Duncan and Bruce Bowen

whine. whine. whine.

What are they trying to do next?

Amare_32
05-15-2007, 05:54 PM
That's the difference with the Suns and Spurs. The Spurs didn't send tape to the league of Amare and Diaw, didn't send tape of any of the 4 or 5 cheap shots from Bell yesterday, didn't whine like babies about getting completely jobbed in officiating in their own building.

The Suns get all the breaks and then their stupid ass players jump off the bench like complete idiots and they whine to the league to bail them out yet again. Pathetic Suns, Pathetic. I now hate the Phoenix Suns. I hope American West gets leveled by an earthquake.

What makes you think the Spurs have not send tape to the League office? They just don't go out and say it to the public but I am sure they do send tape.

mavsfan1000
05-15-2007, 05:55 PM
Duncan was going to check his team mate - Bowen stopped him when he saw Elson was ok.

Amare was clearly going in to cause trouble.
Amare was going in to see if Nash was ok as well as Duncan. No one should be suspended except maybe Horry.

GrandeDavid
Man, this series has gotten NASTY!

BeerIsGood!
What makes you think the Spurs have not send tape to the League office? They just don't go out and say it to the public but I am sure they do send tape.

It would have come out publicly if they had IMO. But you're right, I don't know for sure.

Trainwreck2100

In this case, they didn't have to.

SpursWoman
05-15-2007, 05:56 PM
There's like 3 or 4 threads on the front page alone that discusses this.

PM5K
Where's the vBookie?

Trainwreck2100
Amare was going in to see if Nash was ok as well as Duncan. No one should be suspended except maybe Horry.

Amare did it during an altercation, Duncan didn't

Despot
05-15-2007, 06:09 PM
Here is what will happen:

1. Horry's foul gets downgraded to a flagrant 1

2. Bell suspended 2 games, fined $40,000, for elevating the situation

3. Amare and Diaw suspended 1 1/2 games each, fined $33,275 each, for leaving bench

4. James Jones assesed Flagrant 2, suspended 1 game, and fined $20,000, for trying to take out Elson, fined $20,000

5. Stern takes all parties involved to dinner as areward for taking the spotlight off of the MVP ceremony

Spider TX
05-15-2007, 06:15 PM

You are an absolute fucking moron of a fan. You say stupid shit like this because you damn well know as a fan of that lame ass team that they stand no chance to win this series with the Suns at full strength. They are a bunch of jokes as players that can only win with all the help in the world by officials, and now the league office.

Than to say that crap at the end of your post just shows how absolutely childish you are. The rest of the fans of your boring ass team should be ashamed to have you as a fellow fan.

Spider TX
05-15-2007, 06:17 PM
Your highly overrated superstar Duncan does the same damn thing as both Amare and Diaw and gets off Scot free. He walked onto the court during a play which by the letter of the law means a suspension, the same damn shit as Amare and Diaw. But some of you clueless fans who know they need all the help they can get will never see that.

No wonder why no other sport will put a team in that worthless city.

jmard5
05-15-2007, 06:22 PM
But some of you clueless fans who know they need all the help they can get will never see that.

No wonder why no other sport will put a team in that worthless city.

You are clueless. Why involve Duncan and Bowen for the Elson/Jones scene?

Isn't it that the Suns are the ones who are looking up for any help and grasping straws?

Spider TX
05-15-2007, 06:23 PM
Because the exact same situations occurred. Players left the bench area, and the rule states they cannot do that. You suspend one player for it, you msut suspend all. Open your damn eyes!

Trainwreck2100
05-15-2007, 06:27 PM
Because the exact same situations occurred. Players left the bench area, and the rule states they cannot do that. You suspend one player for it, you msut suspend all. Open your damn eyes!

1 word ALTERCATION If Jones threw a bow at Elson you'd have a shot, but he didnt so you're screwed.

flame
05-15-2007, 06:31 PM
5. Stern takes all parties involved to dinner as areward for taking the spotlight off of the MVP ceremony
ROFLMAO!!!

Now that IS the truth. I bet you hes thinking "wow....too bad it happened...BUT COULDNT HAVE HAPPENED AT A BETTER TIME!!!"

noles1983
05-15-2007, 06:32 PM
u suns fans are a bunch of faggot whiners just like your team.. :lol

Spider TX
05-15-2007, 06:32 PM
Altercation or not, cannot walk onto the floor during play or an altercation like that.

Trainwreck2100
05-15-2007, 06:35 PM
Altercation or not, cannot walk onto the floor during play or an altercation like that.

Actually you can walk on the court, at any time, which in reality should be a T the rule clearly states during an altercation no player may leave the vicinity etc... that's why when players are on the floor celebrating a score they don't get suspended.

Sweetey
05-15-2007, 06:37 PM

BULLSHIT !! He got what he deserved !!

Spider TX
05-15-2007, 06:37 PM
And that could be considered an altercation between the two players just like the one at the end of the game, but you idiot fans of course won't see that because you need to suspension help.

it's alright though, Suns should have been down 3-1 already but your boring ass team doesnt know how to close out against superior talent.

Trainwreck2100
05-15-2007, 06:39 PM
And that could be considered an altercation between the two players just like the one at the end of the game, but you idiot fans of course won't see that because you need to suspension help.

it's alright though, Suns should have been down 3-1 already but your boring ass team doesnt know how to close out against superior talent.

Lets see, Horry elbows Bell in the face, Elson is on the ground when Duncan leaves the court so where is the altercation there. Is it cause Elson was giving Jones a dirty look?

nkdlunch
05-15-2007, 06:40 PM
I don't blame them for whining this time.

Trainwreck2100
05-15-2007, 06:43 PM
I don't blame them for whining this time.

Their medium was really lacking though

Durruti
05-15-2007, 06:44 PM
Refs had to step between the two players. That's an altercation. It would be well deserved if Duncan and Bowen were ejected after the pathetic display Spurs fans have put on, praying that Amare is suspended so you can get the upper hand rather than hoping for both teams to be at full strength and may the best man win. "Rule is a rule". LMAO. Duncan and Bowen get booted you guys are getting owned tomorrow. Actually, I think you'll get owned regardless of whether or not Amare gets suspended.

Having said all that, I hope that NO ONE -- not even Horry -- gets suspended. Suns can take you guys even with all your players and all your dirty tricks. Notice that while Spurs fans are salivating over the idea of an Amare-less 5th game, Suns fans are hoping for a full roster from both sides. Shows you who's really class.

cherylsteele
05-15-2007, 06:48 PM
Bell?? He won't be suspended. Not even close. He didn't throw a punch or anything. They might upgrade his T in the worst case scenario.
Why? He was the one that initially came after Horry after he knocked Nash silly.

Trainwreck2100
05-15-2007, 06:50 PM
Refs had to step between the two players. That's an altercation. It would be well deserved if Duncan and Bowen were ejected after the pathetic display Spurs fans have put on, praying that Amare is suspended so you can get the upper hand rather than hoping for both teams to be at full strength and may the best man win. "Rule is a rule". LMAO. Duncan and Bowen get booted you guys are getting owned tomorrow. Actually, I think you'll get owned regardless of whether or not Amare gets suspended.

Having said all that, I hope that NO ONE -- not even Horry -- gets suspended. Suns can take you guys even with all your players and all your dirty tricks. Notice that while Spurs fans are salivating over the idea of an Amare-less 5th game, Suns fans are hoping for a full roster from both sides. Shows you who's really class.

Elson was on the floor when Duncan was at the three point line, the refs stepped between them when Duncan was already back at the bench.

noles1983
05-15-2007, 06:52 PM

suns fans dont want a full roster from both sides they just dont want to admit there players fucked up! oh and i will be watching you guys get booted tonight :toast

Scumbag
05-15-2007, 06:54 PM
Why? He was the one that initially came after Horry after he knocked Nash silly.

Oh thats right... it our fault. Suspend Stoudemire, Diaw, Bell AND Nash... Sorry guys we wont do it again.

Trainwreck2100
05-15-2007, 06:56 PM
Oh thats right... it our fault. Suspend Stoudemire, Diaw, Bell AND Nash... Sorry guys we wont do it again.

you do realize that if Bell let him go your boys wouldn't have been suspended right?

gtownspur
05-15-2007, 07:30 PM

Yeah, they were hoping for bowen not getting suspended for clearing his own space when Nash was on him.

Eat shit and die fucktard.

timvp
05-15-2007, 07:33 PM
:lmao @ the thought that the NBA would suspend Duncan.

The Spurs are the golden child of the NBA. Artest looks at the Spurs wrong last year and gets suspended for a playoff game. Crawford gets fired for ejecting Tim Duncan. Bowen doesn't even get a slap on the wrist for anything. Kobe gets suspended for following through against the Spurs.

The Spurs can do no wrong.

Spurs Brazil
05-15-2007, 07:36 PM

The Spurs are the golden child of the NBA. Artest looks at the Spurs wrong last year and gets suspended for a playoff game. Crawford gets fired for ejecting Tim Duncan. Bowen doesn't even get a slap on the wrist for anything. Kobe gets suspended for following through against the Spurs.

Maybe is because Pop never complain about the refs :lol

milkyway21
05-15-2007, 08:48 PM
i think a Golden State PG has thrown a blow like Manny Pacquiao on somebody on Utah player and the Suns vs. Spurs is making the most of the headlines.

pls. enough already

Extra Stout
05-15-2007, 08:49 PM

The only possible explanation is a series of pictures in Pop's possession of David Stern and a sheep.

td4mvp21
05-15-2007, 08:49 PM

Or maybe they think before they act? Unlike Stoudemire and Kobe?

cherylsteele
05-15-2007, 10:41 PM
Where did I say it was YOUR fault?
I thought Bell would be the one getting suspended and not Amare or Diaw because Bell went after Horry right after the foul. Horry was walking away and Bell came after him. I am not saying Horry was right....he wasn't....but Bell did try to escalate the incident. He did only in reverse.