PDA

View Full Version : On another note...

RiverwalkParade
05-15-2007, 01:34 PM
It sure is overwhelming to think that anywhere between 1 and 6 players could be suspended for game 5 after last night's debacle, but if that is what it takes to keep the league honest, then so be it. These are the playoffs and you should be prepared to compete regardless of adversity.

That being said I would like to sound off on another note.

My wife, is a Mavs fan. Her favorite Aunt is from Phoenix, a Suns fan, and is now in town. In an effort to show good faith, I have been watching this series with my wife, her Aunt and the rest of their family. Needless to say, I am outnumbered.

One thing that I have always used in defense of the usual things said about Spurs players (Manu flops too much, Bowen is dirty, etc) is "Yeah, that may be, but wouldn't you want that guy on your team?" And they can't disagree with that fact.

The aformentioned Aunt has gone to great lengths to express her hatred toward Bruce Bowen, yet contends that Raja Bell has a fucking halo over his thread and was simply stretching his arms when he clotheslined Kobe and was falling down when he repeatedly held Spurs players off the ball last night. My wife bitches about Manu flopping, yet fails to see the comparison between Manu and Devin Harris.

My point is, I'm glad to be a Spurs fan. Our players have the attributes that other teams want and need. And the thing that I love about the Spurs the most is this: Sure they complain about calls on the court, but they don't take it to the media. They aren't whiny bitches after the game, if they lose it's because they didn't execute, not because the refs screwed them.

Spurs in six