PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix fans cry--Big Shot Bob "caused" chaos ON PURPOSE!

Man of Steel
05-15-2007, 06:18 PM
Uns fans are going crazy in light of the suspension rule.

Get this--

Some say Big Shot Rob knew exactly what he was doing--hitting Nash that hard so late in the game--when it was already over--so that he would provoke Uns players to leap out of their seats and run onto the floor.

Can you imagine that?

That would be so..

So...

So....

Magnificently incredibly fucking BRILLIANT!!!!

gtownspur
05-15-2007, 06:18 PM
i agree.

Sannity annex's boobs are awesome.

dimsah
05-15-2007, 06:19 PM
That's one hell of a conspiracy theory. Horry is a pretty smart guy, but damn!

timmydidit
lmao yaah right the Suns and their many conspiracy theories YAWN

Aggie Hoopsfan
Kinda like D'Antoni knew what he was doing with all his whining for the last week. Karma, baby :hat

duncan228
05-15-2007, 06:20 PM
Was there a second shooter?

gtownspur
05-15-2007, 06:20 PM
People need to get of their high horse. The suns do not deserve to advance.

CosmicCowboy
05-15-2007, 06:21 PM
well duhhh...

Of course he did it on purpose...

worked too LOL

he didn't get 6 rings playing stupid.

duncan228
05-15-2007, 06:21 PM
well duhhh...

Of course he did it on purpose...

worked too LOL

he didn't get 6 rings playing stupid.

Amen.

Spider TX
05-15-2007, 06:22 PM
And here are more lame ass fans who know the Spurs need every bit of help they can get to ever beat the Suns and Mavericks.

RonMexico
05-15-2007, 06:24 PM
Actually, Jemele Hill from ESPN presented and stands by this theory... which I think is kinda dumb.

timmydidit
05-15-2007, 06:24 PM
And here are more lame ass fans who know the Spurs need every bit of help they can get to ever beat the Suns and Mavericks.

bahahahaha

get outta here lmao

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-15-2007, 06:25 PM

Kinda like the Suns know they can only win a game eight on five, hence the non stop whining the press by D'Antoni, Amare, Raja, and co. since they released the schedule for the series.

Pot, meet kettle.

dimsah
I bet Horry is one hell of a chess player.

Durruti
It's not an unreasonable suspicion that Pops recommended a hard foul on Nash, though personally I don't buy it. The only reason people are speculating as such:

"# 100% Injury Rate points out that the way the rules are written, it makes sense to have an unimportant player hack the hell out of a star. If the hacking team is prepared for it, and stays calm, you might get the other team to leave the bench costing quality players for the next game -- while only the hacking scrub is in jeapordy of a suspension. No one's alleging that's what the Spurs did, but it's still bizarre that the rules function in that way, and certainly there are examples of cases in which the team that instigates the fight ends up with a lighter punishment.

# Robert Horry is a smart, cool, poised cat. I'm not saying that means he intended to hurt Steve Nash or start some kind of fight. But I do not believe that, whatever happened, he just lost his mind in a fit of rage. (UPDATE: OK, he's not always cool. But in this case, he had just checked into the game, and suddenly he's rageful at Steve Nash?) He's the king of playoff crunch time. Whatever he did, I presume it was with mind intact. Besides, it made sense to foul hard and see what happened. Sometimes you get lucky."

The last sentence seems most plausible. Give Nash a hard foul and hope for the best. Simple cost-benefit analysis.

My personal opinion is that Horry just got frustrated by getting outclassed and outplayed by a superior team.

What I DO agree with is that suspending Amare would send a terrible message; if Horry's cheap shot proves successful in taking out Phoenix's #2 it could be emulated by other teams in future playoff series.

timmydidit

but wait wait wait

where are the Mavs...

RuffnReadyOzStyle
People need to get of their high horse. The suns do not deserve to advance.

Why not? That's a stupid thing to say. If they win 4 games they deserve to advance.

And there's no way this was intentional because from Rob's perspective you don't risk your own place in the series on the off-chance that the Suns are too stupid to stay on their bench, and if Pop ordered it he would've sent out someone far less valuable to us. This was simply a frustration play... but I agree that if it was CIA Rob, it was brilliant. :lol

T Park
05-15-2007, 06:27 PM
Robert Horry is pretty damn smart.

But if he knew that hitting nash in the sidelines with a hip check into the boards, would make two of their bigs come off the bench, then I want him to predict my damn lottery numbers

bigFUNDAMENTAL
05-15-2007, 06:28 PM
I bet Horry is one hell of a chess player.
lol

timmydidit
05-15-2007, 06:29 PM
It's not an unreasonable suspicion that Pops recommended a hard foul on Nash, though personally I don't buy it. The only reason people are speculating as such:

"# 100% Injury Rate points out that the way the rules are written, it makes sense to have an unimportant player hack the hell out of a star. If the hacking team is prepared for it, and stays calm, you might get the other team to leave the bench costing quality players for the next game -- while only the hacking scrub is in jeapordy of a suspension. No one's alleging that's what the Spurs did, but it's still bizarre that the rules function in that way, and certainly there are examples of cases in which the team that instigates the fight ends up with a lighter punishment.

# Robert Horry is a smart, cool, poised cat. I'm not saying that means he intended to hurt Steve Nash or start some kind of fight. But I do not believe that, whatever happened, he just lost his mind in a fit of rage. (UPDATE: OK, he's not always cool. But in this case, he had just checked into the game, and suddenly he's rageful at Steve Nash?) He's the king of playoff crunch time. Whatever he did, I presume it was with mind intact. Besides, it made sense to foul hard and see what happened. Sometimes you get lucky."

The last sentence seems most plausible. Give Nash a hard foul and hope for the best. Simple cost-benefit analysis.

My personal opinion is that Horry just got frustrated by getting outclassed and outplayed by a superior team.

What I DO agree with is that suspending Amare would send a terrible message; if Horry's cheap shot proves successful in taking out Phoenix's #2 it could be emulated by other teams in future playoff series.

your ridiculous

------------------->

CosmicCowboy
05-15-2007, 06:29 PM
if Horry's cheap shot proves successful in taking out Phoenix's #2 it could be emulated by other teams in future playoff series.

LOL

It backfires if the other team has their shit together. The players know the rule is there and that it will be enforced.

gtownspur
05-15-2007, 06:30 PM
Robert Horry is pretty damn smart.

But if he knew that hitting nash in the sidelines with a hip check into the boards, would make two of their bigs come off the bench, then I want him to predict my damn lottery numbers

Robert Horry knowing Amoron Stoudewhiner would leave the bench after a check foul = Tpark knowing the best time for a quality buffett is 20 minutes before rush hour.

longrod
05-15-2007, 06:31 PM
Uns fans are going crazy in light of the suspension rule.

Get this--

Some say Big Shot Rob knew exactly what he was doing--hitting Nash that hard so late in the game--when it was already over--so that he would provoke Uns players to leap out of their seats and run onto the floor.

Can you imagine that?

That would be so..

So...

So....

Magnificently incredibly fucking BRILLIANT!!!!

Exactly.

RonMexico
05-15-2007, 06:34 PM
Amare and Diaw were caught in the wrong place at the wrong time. You guys are going to say that Spurs players didn't jump up because they're more "mature"? Please, they just gave up an 11-point lead and were collectively depressed. You think Duncan and Co wouldn't be up if Parker got slammed in front of the Spurs bench?

Suns were on an emotional high from the comeback and their MVP got leveled into the boards... gut instict probably was go help him more than get in Horry's face (which is something Raja Bell did while on the court).

Durruti
05-15-2007, 06:34 PM
LOL

It backfires if the other team has their shit together.

You mean like when Duncan stumbled onto the court in an unusual display of anger after an accidental play and Bowen had to drag him back to the bench? I hate to see what he would have done if Burke decided to body slam Tony Parker.

It's straight up goofy to suggest that if some minor Suns player performed a punk move on Duncan in the closing seconds that the Spurs' bench would just sit on their asses. If they did, you'd be an even more pathetic team than I thought you were.

Durruti
05-15-2007, 06:35 PM
your ridiculous

------------------->

Nice comeback. Try a complete sentence next time champ.

mardigan
05-15-2007, 06:37 PM
You mean like when Duncan stumbled onto the court in an unusual display of anger after an accidental play and Bowen had to drag him back to the bench? I hate to see what he would have done if Burke decided to body slam Tony Parker.

It's straight up goofy to suggest that if some minor Suns player performed a punk move on Duncan in the closing seconds that the Spurs' bench would just sit on their asses. If they did, you'd be an even more pathetic team than I thought you were.
Horry isnt a minor part of our team in the playoffs, your a fucking idiot

bigfan
05-15-2007, 06:45 PM
Maybe Im the only one thinking that Horry foul, though hard, wasnt as hard as Nash acted like it was. Nash deserves an academy award (or at least a golden globe). Anybody else see the throwdown I think Barbosa put on Oberto earlier? Now that was a mugging! Regardless, the game goes on, lets hope it is as exciting as it has been so far.

longrod
05-15-2007, 06:49 PM
Amare and Diaw were caught in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Like all the boxers who get knocked out.

AnkleBreaker21
05-15-2007, 06:53 PM
:lmao stern just had to suspend them for the refs fucking us over last night:lmao