PDA

View Full Version : The truth about Rob Horry

SpurOutofTownFan
05-15-2007, 06:31 PM
Many of you fail to see the truth behind what Horry did last night.

The referees really put the Suns back in the game with all those calls, specially those against Tim Duncan. Steve Nash benefited particularly from all of this drawing fouls and getting away with everything. Raja Bell got away with murder.

Even though the Spurs have gotten away with some calls in previous games as well as the Suns, it was not even close to what the referees did last night trying to "complying by" the Suns' coaching team whinning.

I believe Robert Horry knew what he was doing when he did that. It wasn't about committing a foul so they would shoot free throws and getting ball possession afterwards. It was about making an statement about what was going on on the court with no-calls and bad calls and trying to get some of the hot-headed suns in an altercation that would cost them suspensions.

As many times before, the calculated approach made by Horry paid dividends. Big ones.

Having said all that, I don't agree with the spurs losing their cool because of bad calls or no calls. They shouldn't have, specially Tim Duncan. They should have seen this coming. It has happened before in the previous years. Very similar episode. The referees will listen to some of the whinning and will not allow some plays. That's the truth about it. If you know that will be the case sooner or later, then you need to be proactively prepared for that.

On the other hand, there were some desicions made at the Spur's bench that I didn't understand and I believe cost them some points. It was uncaracteristhic from Pop.

It's hard to say the refs were responsible for the loss. I believe they were responsible for getting the suns back in track, that's all. The spurs did the rest.

Anyway, last night's game was a fluke and it won't happen again. Spurs will take home game 5 and will close out in game 6. With or without Amare.

My 2cents.

Rob Horry is still Big Shot Bob.

duncan228
05-15-2007, 06:32 PM
Well said.

v2freak
05-15-2007, 07:54 PM
:clap

dnull888
05-15-2007, 07:56 PM
Horry was fantastic. He got their best guy out of the game, and showed that we're willing to hurt anybody who gets in our way. Fuck the suns!!!!!

Pablo Escobar
05-15-2007, 07:57 PM
amen brother

Kori Ellis
05-15-2007, 07:59 PM
I believe Robert Horry knew what he was doing when he did that. It wasn't about committing a foul so they would shoot free throws and getting ball possession afterwards. It was about making an statement about what was going on on the court with no-calls and bad calls and trying to get some of the hot-headed suns in an altercation that would cost them suspensions.

As many times before, the calculated approach made by Horry paid dividends. Big ones.

I don't know about all that. I don't know what a big dividend it's going to be to be missing Horry for Games 5 and 6 when our other bigs outside Duncan aren't that good.

gtownspur
05-15-2007, 08:00 PM
I don't know about all that. I don't know what a big dividend it's going to be to be missing Horry for Games 5 and 6 when our other bigs outside Duncan aren't that good.

Kurt Thomas and Burke is gonna tears us up in the paint yey yey.

foodie2
05-15-2007, 08:01 PM

Exactly. Bonner? Ack.

OldDirtMcGirt
05-15-2007, 08:01 PM
Horry was fantastic. He got their best guy out of the game, and showed that we're willing to hurt anybody who gets in our way. Fuck the suns!!!!!

So I'm assuming you'll be cool when Pat Burke "Malones" Tim Duncan next game right?

Kori Ellis
05-15-2007, 08:02 PM

I'm moreso talking about in Game 6 - when Amare/Diaw are back.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-15-2007, 08:04 PM
Oberto can get the job done anyway. I would want to lose Horry of course but it's a good trade-off overall. With the Suns, everything is built around Nash-Stoudemire; and that's not the case with the Spurs and Horry. Horry is a special player, no doubt about it, he didn't get 6 rings being a nobody but it's not fundamental for a 48 minutes game plan. You see, last night the Spurs played about 42 minutes only.

Still, I believe the Spurs will take the next 2. I don't think it will be easy but I've seen the Spurs playing with desperation before. They will get thru.

PS. they were getting thru anyway with Stoudemire and Diaw playing game 5.

VaSpursFan
05-15-2007, 08:05 PM
i'm beginning to think that there was a calculated method to horry's madness...and i respect him for pulling the nba's card. he outsmarted those bastards for real.

Despot
05-15-2007, 08:05 PM
The Spurs had to foul, and Nash was not going to pass it to anyone, so I actually thought Horry was trying to deliver a hard enough foul so as to increase the chance that Nash would miss.

L.I.T
05-15-2007, 08:06 PM
Look, I think Horry wanted to send some sort of "hey despite you killing us in the fourth quarter and us choking like a two dollar truck stop whore, we're still a damn tough team", I don't think he intended for it to turn out the way it did.

No one could have predicted that Diaw and Amare would have broken that rule. It was a statement foul (albeit a dangerous one), not some Dr. Evil masterplan.

RashoFan
05-15-2007, 08:11 PM
interest views...we had discussed these today at work.

dnull888
05-15-2007, 08:14 PM
No, Nash is their best guy. Horry was just trying to take him out. Great insight. He goes after Nash, and actually gets Amare. Even better insight.

Louie Vega
05-15-2007, 08:50 PM
Horry will always be one of my favorite Spurs! Especially after last night!

TampaDude
05-15-2007, 08:56 PM
Horry for MVP! :lol

td4mvp21
05-15-2007, 08:57 PM
Spurs couldn't catch a break from the officials in the fourth last night, but that's not why we lost. We choked folks. There was absolutely no defense played in that fourth quarter, at least not good defense. The Spurs should have taken advantage of that, but instead, Finley shoots a fucking fadeaway with a hand in his face and Ginobili misses a layup! Also, Duncan let Amare make the shot for the lead. I'm sorry, but on that play, that late in the game, you risk it and go for the block.

Anyway, I know Horry did it to make a statement, but it still wasn't a smart decision.

And if the Spurs can't win Games 5 and 6, they don't deserve to win this series or the championship, simple enough. I expect the better team to win this series, despite suspensions.

ploto
05-15-2007, 08:57 PM
If what Horry did was premeditated, it makes it even worse- not better.

Why can not people just admit the obvious truth- the guy lost his cool and behaved like a thug. End of story. He should not be praised at all for what he did. He should be apologizing both to Nash and his Spurs teammates.

And one thing lost in all this- the Suns only had a three-point lead and the game was not over- but Horry's stupid action gave the Suns free throws AND the ball. His actions guaranteed the Suns win in game 4.

bdictjames
05-15-2007, 08:59 PM
Thanks, this just made me feel better after what happened last night.

Kori Ellis
05-15-2007, 09:00 PM
He should not be praised at all for what he did. He should be apologizing both to Nash and his Spurs teammates.

Yeah, I don't know why Spurs fans are acting like this is awesome. The Spurs suck at playing against teams missing their top players, so it's not like Game 5 is an automatic lock. And even if the Spurs win Game 5, the Suns are going to be all over them in Game 6 - to me, that's almost an automatic Spurs loss.

I doubt Pop and the rest of the Spurs are all sitting around high-fiving Horry for his bonehead/hot head foul on Nash and his followup crap with Bell.

This isn't a great thing that happened.

Louie Vega
05-15-2007, 09:01 PM
If what Horry did was premeditated, it makes it even worse- not better.Why can not people just admit the obvious truth- the guy lost his cool and behaved like a thug. End of story. He should not be praised at all for what he did. He should be apologizing both to Nash and his Spurs teammates.

Deal with it hippy! Horry is the man!!!! He is to be praised!!!!!! All hail Horry!!!!!

1SUNSFAN
05-15-2007, 09:01 PM
Keep believing what you want about CHEAP SHOT BOB! But this is what the rest of the country is saying... "Suns show class as Horry shows he's a sore loser"

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=208000

Spurs and their fans are a bunch of dirty sore losers! Suns in SIX! :lol

ChumpDumper
05-15-2007, 09:03 PM
http://a68.g.akamai.net/f/68/895/3d/i.tsn.com/i/s/voices/chris_russell-s.gif

boutons_
05-15-2007, 09:03 PM
"last night's game was a fluke and it won't happen again"

BS, Spurs leading and then fucking up games in 4th qtr is way too common.

mardigan
05-15-2007, 09:04 PM
http://a68.g.akamai.net/f/68/895/3d/i.tsn.com/i/s/voices/chris_russell-s.gif
:lol

Kobulingam
05-15-2007, 09:06 PM

haha

Louie Vega
05-15-2007, 09:07 PM
Yeah, I don't know why Spurs fans are acting like this is awesome. The Spurs suck at playing against teams missing their top players, so it's not like Game 5 is an automatic lock. And even if the Spurs win Game 5, the Suns are going to be all over them in Game 6 - to me, that's almost an automatic Spurs loss.I doubt Pop and the rest of the Spurs are all sitting around high-fiving Horry for his bonehead/hot head foul on Nash and his followup crap with Bell.This isn't a great thing that happened.

Any Spurs fan who is already adding Game 5 to the win column is stupid and foolish! I would have been celebrating a Spurs win had Nash been suspended . The only reason I am happy is cause it was about time somebody sat Nash down on his ass! And all those tapes the Suns sent to the league backfired on their ass!!! That's why I am happy!

Louie Vega
05-15-2007, 09:09 PM
Keep believing what you want about CHEAP SHOT BOB! But this is what the rest of the country is saying... "Suns show class as Horry shows he's a sore loser"

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=208000

Spurs and their fans are a bunch of dirty sore losers! Suns in SIX! :lol

And everyone around the country is talking about how SOFT the Suns are !!!!!!!!!!!

GrandeDavid
05-15-2007, 09:13 PM

The more I think about it, the more bummed I get when I realize that Rob will not go in Game 6. That could be devastating, especially if Tim gets in foul trouble. That's pretty tough.

ChumpDumper
05-15-2007, 09:15 PM
I actually have alot of faith in Bonner.

Plus he's white.

GrandeDavid
05-15-2007, 09:17 PM
Yeah, I don't know why Spurs fans are acting like this is awesome. The Spurs suck at playing against teams missing their top players, so it's not like Game 5 is an automatic lock. And even if the Spurs win Game 5, the Suns are going to be all over them in Game 6 - to me, that's almost an automatic Spurs loss.

I doubt Pop and the rest of the Spurs are all sitting around high-fiving Horry for his bonehead/hot head foul on Nash and his followup crap with Bell.

This isn't a great thing that happened.

I see your point but I wouldn't go as far as to say that Game 6 is almost an automatic Spurs loss. The Spurs will be playing at home, true without Horry, but also with full knowledge of the stakes. Hey, I don't like depth being depleted, but at least Tony, Manu and Tim are still healthy and...should...play in that Game 6. I'd still like the Spurs' chances in that game. I don't care how angry or focused Stoudemire is.

ploto
05-15-2007, 09:17 PM
All this probably did was switch the results of games 5 & 6 with Game 7 still in Phoenix.

mardigan
05-15-2007, 09:18 PM
I see your point but I wouldn't go as far as to say that Game 6 is almost an automatic Spurs loss. The Spurs will be playing at home, true without Horry, but also with full knowledge of the stakes. Hey, I don't like depth being depleted, but at least Tony, Manu and Tim are still healthy and...should...play in that Game 6. I'd still like the Spurs' chances in that game. I don't care how angry or focused Stoudemire is.
I agree, no way it will be some kind of cake walk for the Suns.

1SUNSFAN
05-15-2007, 09:21 PM
And everyone around the country is talking about how SOFT the Suns are !!!!!!!!!!!

Link? I haven't seen that article..... where is it?

mardigan
05-15-2007, 09:23 PM
Link? I haven't seen that article..... where is it?
Just type in Suns and soft in google, then hit news, and there ya go
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/columns/articles/0513bickley0514.html
^^Example

mattyc
05-15-2007, 09:23 PM
I actually have alot of faith in Bonner.

Plus he's white.
Did someone say James White?

ballhog
05-15-2007, 09:26 PM
Hard foul is all. Frustration.

Borosai
05-15-2007, 09:29 PM
Did someone say James White?

James White!

Ghost Writer
05-15-2007, 09:33 PM
I agree with SpursOutOfTownFan... premeditated or simply reactionary, Horry was acting out of frustration by checking Nash like that.

I don't know if I would be more shocked that Horry knew what he was doing or didn't, though.

Did he consciously plan on lashing out on a Suns player to grab the refs' attention and lure some Suns into fisticuffs?

Or did he simply lose his cool?

Either way, it's a real edgy move.

If the Spurs do not win in Phoenix, Horry may have that play as the last moments of a stellar playoff career!

:cooldevil

violentkitten
05-15-2007, 09:33 PM
the truth is that he got pissed about getting whacked in the back by bell and took it out on nash. i'm not sure why nash thought he could get around horry on the sideline when there was zero room left. had horry not given the little push nash wouldve looked awfully stupid.

Ghost Writer
05-15-2007, 09:36 PM
I don't know... one of Nash's signature plays is painting the baseline and weaving passes underneath.

He slinks through tight spots like a gerbil.

I just hope we get to see Horry play one more game.

implacable44
05-15-2007, 09:59 PM
Many of you fail to see the truth behind what Horry did last night.

The referees really put the Suns back in the game with all those calls, specially those against Tim Duncan. Steve Nash benefited particularly from all of this drawing fouls and getting away with everything. Raja Bell got away with murder.

Even though the Spurs have gotten away with some calls in previous games as well as the Suns, it was not even close to what the referees did last night trying to "complying by" the Suns' coaching team whinning.

Having said all that, I don't agree with the spurs losing their cool because of bad calls or no calls. They shouldn't have, specially Tim Duncan. They should have seen this coming. It has happened before in the previous years. Very similar episode. The referees will listen to some of the whinning and will not allow some plays. That's the truth about it. If you know that will be the case sooner or later, then you need to be proactively prepared for that.

On the other hand, there were some desicions made at the Spur's bench that I didn't understand and I believe cost them some points. It was uncaracteristhic from Pop.

It's hard to say the refs were responsible for the loss. I believe they were responsible for getting the suns back in track, that's all. The spurs did the rest.

Anyway, last night's game was a fluke and it won't happen again. Spurs will take home game 5 and will close out in game 6. With or without Amare.

My 2cents.

Rob Horry is still Big Shot Bob.

without discounting the negative impact the refs can have on the game - and it is a huge impact -- the real winners play thrrough it. The Spurs still had shots (bad ones) and missed them. Parker took three terrible shots - actually four if you count the one where he dribbled the clock down and then threw it to Finley because he had nothing-- Bones took a bad shot on the baseline and Pops messed up. Tim sat too long and I still cannot believe the best shot we can get out of a timeout was a Finley fade-a-way on a curl ? Are you serious? Manu sucked all night as he has virtually the entire playoffs.

Horry had a hard foul out of frustration - big deal - it was a hard foul that Nash overreacted on ( remember -dudes first sport is soccer) - he sold it and now the Spurs are in a bad situation. I would still anticipate a Suns W tomorrow night. The Spurs will probably come out flat as they have historically done after getting screwed (See derek fisher with .04).

I hope I am wrong about tomorrow and the Spurs can pull it off -- but I am with Kori on this one -- the Spurs historically underperform in these situations and Game 6 will be real fight. The Suns will have a lot of emotion - energy and who knows how the game will be called. I just hope the Spurs can find the mental toughness to play through it all and execute--- and somebody please tell Parker to pass the ball. BENO ? BENO ?

dbreiden83080
05-15-2007, 10:07 PM

Yeah but what has Horry done in this series? Plus if the Spurs can't win game 5 when they have Duncan and they don't have Amare they don't deserve to go any further.

duncan2k5
05-15-2007, 10:09 PM
Deal with it hippy! Horry is the man!!!! He is to be praised!!!!!! All hail Horry!!!!!
LMAO!

cherylsteele
05-15-2007, 11:31 PM
So I'm assuming you'll be cool when Pat Burke "Malones" Tim Duncan next game right?
So you're advocating purposely injuring a player in retaliation?
http://www.sallyminker.com/art/2-d/images/grapes-print.jpg

SpurOutofTownFan
05-16-2007, 01:01 AM
Some people here don't read what they write. Spurs will play with a sense of urgency tomorrow knowing they can close at home and not to extend the series to 7 games and then playing the finals with a team that only played 5 games (Utah). It doesn't matter whether the Suns don't have 2 players. It will be as tough as if they were there. But the Spurs have done this many times, been here more times than any other team currently in the league. I'm surprised some Spurs fans forget about this.

Tomorrow will be game 7 for the Spurs as they know they fucked it up big time last night. And they will close out at home.

If they lose cause they have no balls or they just don't want it then I guess they don't deserve it. But I don't think that will be the case.

donc2000
05-16-2007, 01:08 AM

Hope your attitude stays the same when Pistons maul Parker and Ginobli ... please dont complain then .. come on man this is a game of skill ... spurs can beat the suns withoput resorting to cheap shots ....

Obstructed_View
05-16-2007, 01:13 AM
Hope your attitude stays the same when Pistons maul Parker and Ginobli ... please dont complain then .. come on man this is a game of skill ... spurs can beat the suns withoput resorting to cheap shots ....
The Pistons aren't dirty, they just play defense like the Spurs do. Defense is a skill. That's why Nash got hurt twice trying to play it.

Quasar
05-16-2007, 03:23 AM
The Spurs suck at playing against teams missing their top players, so it's not like Game 5 is an automatic lock. And even if the Spurs win Game 5, the Suns are going to be all over them in Game 6 - to me, that's almost an automatic Spurs loss.Hmm... if they can win Game 5 then the Spurs will actually have an advantage in Game 6. Although it is often said that they don't play any better at the AT & T centre, they will still be playing in front of a crowd that's supposed to support them and scream for their win. That should be better than being heckled to death at the Sun's arena - Game 6 is definitely winnable if they can step up.

Hopefully, they'll show some of that killer instinct they displayed in Denver (except Big Shot Rob won't be there). Actually they were well on their way to win yesterday, till the last 2 minutes. I guess Rob's foul put them in a bad situation and they couldn't believe what was happening. They're not used to 'dirty' physical plays... Must've been on the back of their mind.

lefty
05-16-2007, 03:23 AM
Suns are gay

Slippy
05-16-2007, 03:44 AM

After watching the 4th quarter again, im not so sure if it was a case of all the costly calls against the spurs or more a case of missing calls against the Suns. The Suns took it up a notch when it came down to scrappy play and physicality. It seemed to take the spurs by surprise and then came the turnover's, plus hesitent play. Although i agree about Nash initiating a lot of the contact.

Do i agree Horry knew what he was doing ? I doubt it. More likely that fustration got the better of him. It happens to the best of us.

ATXSPUR
05-16-2007, 05:36 AM
Oh well...in the ends the refs didnt give the crybabies the game. We did. Stupid ass shots and stupid ass turnovers cost us. Our entire team should be fucking ashamed.

To be honest I dont care what the media thinks anymore. I just want to fucking win.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-16-2007, 03:43 PM
As I said, the spurs did the rest. But it was clear the calls thrown them, specially Duncan, out of their game. They should have seen that coming though.