05-15-2007, 06:58 PM
what are the keys to beating the suns
besides scoring more points then them

ducks
05-15-2007, 06:59 PM
spurs need to control the pace not try to run with the suns

gtownspur
05-15-2007, 06:59 PM
jack vaughn needs to hip check D'antoni.

hater
05-15-2007, 07:00 PM
R u fucking jokin?

keys to win game 5?

key to win game 5:
-show up

not that that's guaranteed, but if Spurs can't beat SUns with their eyes closed tomorrow, fuck em, they deserve to be eliminated.

ducks
R u fucking jokin?

keys to win game 5?

key to win game 5:
-show up

not that that's guaranteed, but if Spurs can't beat SUns with their eyes closed tomorrow, fuck em, they deserve to be eliminated.
how?

duncan228
Tempo.
Tim Duncan.
Want it.

Amarelooms
05-15-2007, 07:01 PM
Keys for the Suns to win Game 5:

1. Play LOTS OF ZONE. Force Parker to shoot and the Spurs to jack up 3's

2. Barbosa HAS TO BE HUGE!!! NEED 30+ from him...he's gotta ATTACK THE RIM and hit his 3's

3. Be PHYSICAL...you gotta put Parker and Flopnobli on their @$$. Not really dirty plays but HARD FOULS.

4. Nash must play like the MVP Nash..can't be having 8 TO a game

5. Marion needs TO BOARD...guards are gonna have to help out as well

Lastly, even if you lose game 5 you can win game 6 and 7. Refs can;t help but feel sorry for the Suns so expect all calls to go the Suns way regardless of where the games are played. Plus Amare will LOOM in game 6...he might go for 50 :elephant

ducks
05-15-2007, 07:01 PM
spurs should drive attack
manu,tp, duncan and barry
attack
thomas has to be carefull in game 5

hater
05-15-2007, 07:02 PM

2. Barbosa HAS TO BE HUGE!!! NEED 30+ from him...he's gotta ATTACK THE RIM and hit his 3's

3. Be PHYSICAL...you gotta put Parker and Flopnobli on their @$$. Not really dirty plays but HARD FOULS.

Lastly, even if you lose game 5 you can win game 6 and 7. Refs can;t help but feel sorry for the Suns so expect all calls to go the Suns way regardless of where the games are played. Plus Amare will LOOM in game 6...he might go for 50 :elephant

#6. Have refs on your side. (check)

AnkleBreaker21
05-15-2007, 07:04 PM
hey its no gimme game its still going to be tough, suns are going to be pumped.the spurs still will have a slight edge though. they cant come out expecting to win

clambake
Finish the job on Nash.

The Instigator
score more points

ducks
05-15-2007, 07:05 PM
hopefully this is a game that manu can attack and get his playoff confidence back

noles1983
05-15-2007, 07:05 PM
im willing to bet that when amare comes back he will be too aggressive and get into foul trouble even faster than normal :depressed :lol he is completely retarded

gilmor
05-15-2007, 07:06 PM
One word.. Manu

Manu has to be huge in the rest of the games..

We may not necessary need him to play at a high level in Game 5, but for Game 6 or maybe Game 7.. he has to be HUGE

clambake
05-15-2007, 07:07 PM
Let Bowen do what he always does on thomas. That should open the paint for manu.

timvp
05-15-2007, 07:08 PM
1. Don't become the plot for the next sports movie. The Spurs lose and I can just see the Disney movie starring Tom Cruise as Steve Nash with Game 5 being the climax of the feel good story.

T Park
05-15-2007, 07:09 PM
I don't think thats a key :lol

bigFUNDAMENTAL
05-15-2007, 07:14 PM
Bowened Nash

leemajors
05-15-2007, 07:37 PM
i don't think the refs can afford to "take sides" with the microscope game 5 will be played under. the game will be called extremely tight though, whichever team endures it best will come out on top.

dallasmavsnfuego214
05-15-2007, 07:39 PM
Let Bowen do what he always does on thomas.

?

GrandeDavid
05-15-2007, 07:42 PM
The Spurs need to do what they normally do this time of year, which is roll into an opponent's hostile arena, stay focused on execution and minimal turnovers, avoid foul trouble, and so on. I think the main thing for tomorrow is POISE. Don't let the crowd or opponent get under your skin.

wildbill2u
05-15-2007, 07:45 PM
ER....keeping them from scoring more points than us? Duh! :wakeup

ChumpDumper
05-15-2007, 07:47 PM
Somehow neutralize Amare.

noles1983
05-15-2007, 07:50 PM

haha from what storming the court again? :lol

Cherry
05-15-2007, 07:53 PM
Spurs key: play 48 minutes :ihit

atxrocker
05-15-2007, 07:53 PM
manage to find a way to ensure that marion and nash are suspended for game 6.

noles1983
05-15-2007, 07:56 PM
manage to find a way to ensure that marion and nash are suspended for game 6.

marion should be suspended for having the ugliest shot in the history of the nba...so nash is all we have to worry about

Borosai
05-15-2007, 07:56 PM
There is no excuse for the way they lost game 4, and there will be no excuse for losing game 5 to a short-handed Suns team.

The Spurs better play their asses off and do what they failed to do last night...play all 48 minutes.

Kori Ellis
05-15-2007, 07:57 PM
Don't suck.

word
05-15-2007, 07:57 PM

Laugh the entire game and foul out 1/2 the roster using fouls on Nash.

picnroll
05-15-2007, 07:59 PM
Be pissed they blew game 4.

UV Ray
05-15-2007, 08:04 PM
Oh please.... game plan for game 5....uh ...like show up...gimme a break. The pretense is stifling.

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-15-2007, 08:05 PM
Stop Amar.....um, Kori had it.

SenorSpur
05-15-2007, 08:09 PM
Unleash the Red Rocket

raspsa
05-15-2007, 08:16 PM
SPURS:
- guard against complacency
- attack Thomas/Marks/etc.
- continue to hound Nash
- Conserve their fouls
SUNS:
- play like cornered animals

beirmeistr
05-15-2007, 08:24 PM
spurs should drive attack
manu,tp, duncan and barry
attack
thomas has to be carefull in game 5
good point---get Thomas in foul trouble.

Stargazer
05-15-2007, 09:09 PM
Refuse to play Duncan in an effort to salvage some semblance of honor.

Louie Vega
05-15-2007, 09:11 PM
Attack the rim all fucken night!!!!!!!! Fuck 3's and jumpshots tomorrow!!!

violentkitten
05-15-2007, 09:35 PM
make sure javie and nies are elsewhere.

1SUNSFAN
05-15-2007, 09:37 PM

Nice work! Did you send this to D'Antoni yet? :clap

I'm gonna laugh for a year when the Suns win tomorrow!

dbreiden83080
05-15-2007, 10:01 PM
With the Suns short handed they just need to come and play 48 hard minutes and play smart on both ends. If i were Pop i would tell them in the locker room "If any of you don't give me all you have tonight and take this lightly i will personally beat the hell out of you".

dbreiden83080
05-15-2007, 10:03 PM
Refuse to play Duncan in an effort to salvage some semblance of honor.

Yeah just like the Heat refused to play Alonzo Mourning in 97 right.

violentkitten
05-15-2007, 10:05 PM
so the spurs should refuse to play duncan because stoudemire isn't wise enough to realize that he should stay on the bench?

Punkkboy44
05-15-2007, 11:02 PM
Bench Vaughn...Manu needs to score big..hold the Suns under 100...give Bonner and Beno some PT..be aggressive all the time..act like your down 3-2...

T Park
05-15-2007, 11:05 PM
Beno Udrih?

What bad line of rat poison infused crack did you sniff?

Drive to the damn basket.

Go to the free throw line.

defend the shooters and make Nash play 1 on 1.

easjer
05-15-2007, 11:15 PM
No one should take this lightly.

It's must win. Amare will come back in game 6 with a vengeance (hopefully previous poster is right that that vengeance will = foul trouble). The Suns won't go down in their house with this kind of motivation (if they felt wronged and victimized before anything dirty, what do you think they feel now?) without a really hard fight.

Who knows how a tightly called game will affect our shortened big rotation (especially on smaller quicker players) and how closely the officiating crew will be watching Bowen and Duncan?

It's not a gimme. Suns will fight back hard. It's not like they've never played without Amare before, you know. They are certainly hurt by not having Diaw to put in there, but they've still got Nash and Marion and Bell (and if you thought Bell was getting away with a lot of shit before, just wait - I certainly don't expect that to change at all).

Spurs need to do what they did for 42 minutes of game 4, with the additions of higher rebounding overall (we won the games we outrebounded, shockingly enough) and ceasing to look for calls (just adjust - they finally got flustered by the bad calls in the 4th quarter and started looking for bail outs that weren't coming - just play the damn game). Fewer turnovers and more made shots, along with consistently tight D wouldn't hurt either. Pop not losing his ever-loving mind and resorting to interfering with momentum and sitting players unnecessarily wouldn't hurt either.

Stargazer
05-15-2007, 11:22 PM
Bench Duncan to salvage honor? Why not? In Game 1, Popovich, to his great credit, asked the refs to let Nash play despite his bloody nose. Why? Not because the Spurs intentionally "caused" the bloody nose, but because he didn't want the win to be cheapened by accidental misfortune that weakened the other team. He was overruled by the refs, of course, but it was a classy move.

Not everyone agrees, of course, but the suspensions were like an unforeseeable accidental event that has weakened the Suns. Even if you want to blame the players (and I think a two-second slip that was immediately corrected is understandable in the circumstances), it wasn't a "basketball" event, it wasn't part of the GAME. It's like winning because the other team's star player had to go to traffic court.

If the Spurs want an honorable win, they should decline to play Duncan.

dbreiden83080
05-15-2007, 11:36 PM
Bench Duncan to salvage honor? Why not? In Game 1, Popovich, to his great credit, asked the refs to let Nash play despite his bloody nose. Why? Not because the Spurs intentionally "caused" the bloody nose, but because he didn't want the win to be cheapened by accidental misfortune that weakened the other team. He was overruled by the refs, of course, but it was a classy move.

Not everyone agrees, of course, but the suspensions were like an unforeseeable accidental event that has weakened the Suns. Even if you want to blame the players (and I think a two-second slip that was immediately corrected is understandable in the circumstances), it wasn't a "basketball" event, it wasn't part of the GAME. It's like winning because the other team's star player had to go to traffic court.

If the Spurs want an honorable win, they should decline to play Duncan.

You are kidding me right? So if Duncan was gone you would bench Amare, bullshit. Duncan is better than Amare as it is, so it would not even be an even tradeoff.

Stargazer
05-16-2007, 12:16 AM
I'll answer you with a confession: when Parker and Nash collided in Game 1, in the first few seconds when it looked like Parker was down and Nash ok, part of me rejoiced. After watching Parker torch us all game, I was ready to take any kind of break. I think any true fan has felt that way at times.

Then I thought about what it would be like to win that way -- the win would be tainted, and I would never know if we would have beaten the Spurs at full strength. There wouldn't be honor in the victory. And then I was glad that Parker got up (and agonized that Nash had to sit).

So do I think the Suns would bench Amare if the roles were reversed. No, that's not how the world works. But the victory would be hollow.

ducks
05-16-2007, 09:13 AM
I would like to beat the suns for strenght to night not may fault they can not do their part

duncanchick21
05-16-2007, 10:35 AM
:clap :downspin: :lmao :rollin :tongue

This fucking guy!!!!

degenerate_gambler
05-16-2007, 10:40 AM
I would like to beat the suns for strenght to night not may fault they can not do their part

i think i agree with you man.

Thomas
05-16-2007, 11:07 AM
Just pass the ball to Duncan as much as possible

Jimcs50
05-16-2007, 11:09 AM

you mean kill him?

Capt Bringdown
05-16-2007, 11:30 AM
Suns are gonna come out with a huge 1st quarter-we gotta weather the storm. No hand dog looks from TD.
Expect that the Suns will get all the calls. Adjust to the way the game is being called.
Gigantic games are needed from TP and Manu. They'll both need to attack the basket.
Finley might be key, he needs to play like he did in the Denver series.
Toughest game of the year, I predict.

SAGambler
05-16-2007, 11:46 AM

Oh, you mean by "hard foul" as what Horry did to Nash?