PDA

View Full Version : Is Charlie Parker Retarded?

PakiDan
05-15-2007, 09:44 PM
Seriously..... did anyone hear him after the game?? First, he gets stuck on rebounds and how that is the one stat that will determine the outcome. True, rebounds are VERY important, but along with scoring, blocks, turn-overs, they figure as PART of the keys to victory, then he actually says "I don't think Horry will be suspended, but Stoudemire will get at least one game suspension".

All I can say is WOW!

Our on air 'talent' HAS to improve.

T Park
05-15-2007, 09:46 PM
Is the sky blue?

But he is right on the rebounds.

You have to agree with him on that.

PakiDan
05-15-2007, 09:48 PM
Sure, 5 minute topic at best though. He sounded like a 5 year old who just learned something and was going to wear it into the ground.

kris
05-15-2007, 10:39 PM
One time on the radio I heard him say something like: you know going into the game the refs are going to be really good, really bad, or somewhere in the middle. Nothing in between.

True story.

Budkin
05-15-2007, 10:48 PM
If we could actually out rebound other teams many of these games wouldn't even be close.

Louie Vega
05-15-2007, 10:52 PM
Seriously..... did anyone hear him after the game?? First, he gets stuck on rebounds and how that is the one stat that will determine the outcome. True, rebounds are VERY important, but along with scoring, blocks, turn-overs, they figure as PART of the keys to victory, then he actually says "I don't think Horry will be suspended, but Stoudemire will get at least one game suspension".

All I can say is WOW!

Our on air 'talent' HAS to improve.

Dude you always complain about local sports talk! Stop listening!

angel_luv
05-15-2007, 10:56 PM
One time on the radio I heard him say something like: you know going into the game the refs are going to be really good, really bad, or somewhere in the middle. Nothing in between.

True story.

I believe it!

I stopped listening to Charlie after he called callers stupid and hung up on them when they called in to express their outrage about Timmy being ejected for laughing.

I was never a fan of his. I find him dull and depressing even after a win but until above incident was trying hard to give him a chance to win me over.

I haven't missed the show at all. Unless the Thompson brothers are brought back or a new host is brought in, I will continue to listen to Bill Schoening and then turn off the radio.

Speaking of Bill, we both went to the Valero at the same time yesterday before the game.
He held the door open for me and was very nice.

angel_luv
05-15-2007, 10:57 PM
Or the short answer, Paki: Yes!

:lol

Darkwaters
05-15-2007, 11:00 PM
Don't complain about the radio broadcasters. We have idiots up in Oklahoma City. The sports talk guys were talking about how much of a thug Duncan has been his whole career today. I called in and said, "do you even watch basketball?" The guy is a choir boy and a dungeons and dragons nerd. I swear, it's bad when people jump on a winning team's bandwagon...but when some cries wolf (or in this case "dirty") then everybody has to be an expert. Its kind of like the reputation Bowen has...the guy is not a dirty player, but everybody assumes he is and that they're experts on it!

IX_Equilibrium
05-15-2007, 11:16 PM
Parker's moronic comments don't phase me anymore. It's to be expected from him.

kris
05-15-2007, 11:19 PM
I think a lot of sports radio commentator's problems is they don't actively follow what they talk about. A lot of them go off of highlights, quick reads, and notes.

I really don't expect Vexler and Wally to know anything about the Bulls series, but it was still funny the other day when a Bulls caller called in and and started breaking down why the Bulls couldn't beat Detroit and how the Detroit guards were too big for the Bulls - you could tell he knew his stuff - but anyways he was frustrated with Bulls and the Bulls fans for being overconfident and Vexler's retort was a pause and then well you got to love the character they have and then Wally chimed in with a yeah don't be too hard on them (something like that).

Obstructed_View
05-15-2007, 11:20 PM
I'm not sure what's so wrong with Parker's take. Horry's suspension was political. Not likely anyone would see that coming. Jason Richardson didn't get suspended for his flagrant 2. Amare clearly violated the rule and Diaw could have possibly skated on a technicality.

Charlie Parker is an ass, but it was a pretty good prediction.

jaespur21
05-15-2007, 11:23 PM
I agree with angel on this. when i heard him call several spur fans stupid and if any1 else wants to talk about this ejection hell hang up on them. so i stop listening to him... once he comes on the radio i change it

SA210
05-16-2007, 12:11 AM
Charlie Parker is horrible.