PDA

View Full Version : By God the Spurs better not take tommorow Suns for granted

Spurs Dynasty 21
05-15-2007, 09:52 PM
I could VERY EASILY see the Spurs lose Gm5 with the emotion and fire the Suns will have

the Spurs must play them like it's GM7 and blow them out by 50pts if need be. Nash will probably have 40+pts and players like Bell and Barbosa will be going off. Hell Duncan may also be in major foul trouble and see limited PT

when a team is missing star players or is hurt, they are MOST dangerous

may God be with the Spurs in gm5

ChumpDumper
05-15-2007, 09:53 PM
May God be occupied with something other than a basketball game.

Xylus
05-15-2007, 09:54 PM
The Suns are going to be the most fired-up I think we've ever seen them tomorrow night. They are going to be heavy underdogs, and the only way they're going to win is if they hustle like their lives depended on it.

I think you're going to see a big game from Nash.
I think you're going to see a huge game from Raja Bell.

If Barbosa and Marion can step it up on both ends of the floor, and Kurt Thomas can play decent defense, then the Suns have a chance.

Just not a very good one... :(

Spurs Dynasty 21
05-15-2007, 09:58 PM
Suns have a great chance in winning because of the emotion

but if the Spurs just feed Duncan the ball every time, he should have at elast 40pts 25rbs this game

Xylus
05-15-2007, 09:59 PM
I hope the Spurs feed Duncan everytime. As long as Manu and Parker aren't destroying us, as well.

Obstructed_View
05-15-2007, 10:02 PM
The pressure to not choke is now firmly on the Spurs. They get to either prove that the fourth quarter last night was a fluke or that it was the beginning of a trend.

Louie Vega
05-15-2007, 10:06 PM
I could VERY EASILY see the Spurs lose Gm5 with the emotion and fire the Suns will have

Not with the Spurs coming off a loss. The Spurs will be pissed tomorrow night and do everything in their power to win!

raspsa
05-15-2007, 10:07 PM
I can see it now.. Nash does a Magic and plays all 5 positions .. seriously though, complacency could be the Spurs undoing so they better be ready for a war and a lot of unconventional combinations, strategies.. if Spurs get a sizeable lead, expect Suns to throw in the towel and focus on game 6.

Xylus
05-15-2007, 10:10 PM
The Suns are going to trot out Pat Burke tomorrow night. The Spurs have a gigantic advantage. Barring a truly epic choke by the Spurs or a godly effort by more than one Sun, Game 5 belongs to San Antonio.

The only positives I can see for the Suns:
+ We weren't relying on Stoudemire and Diaw defensively--we still have Bell, Marion, and KT to do the heavy-duty defensive work against Manu, Tony, and Timmy.
+ The Suns are going to be pissed off. Nash is disgusted with the ruling and refused to comment to the press. Raja Bell might just pull out an Uzi and mow down the Spurs and refs. Marion knows he has to shine.
+ The game takes place in Phoenix. The fans are going to be riled up. I hope to see an Oakland-type atmosphere.

Negatives:
- Stoudemire's absence leaves a massive hole offensively. His statistics in this series haven't been that much worse than Duncan's.
- Diaw's absence causes almost as big a problem, since he's our go-to playmaker off the bench. Without him, we have no one to make plays when Nash sits down, and will be forced to rely on Barbosa to score. Barbosa has been unspectacular in this series.
- Short rotation becomes a very, very short rotation. Our starters will log very heavy minutes
- The game takes place in Phoenix. Why is this bad? Because now the Suns will be forced to win in San Antonio in Game 6, which will be much harder to do than if we were at full-strength for both home games.

Spurs Dynasty 21
05-15-2007, 10:10 PM
I hope the Spurs feed Duncan everytime. As long as Manu and Parker aren't destroying us, as well.

key statement, especially Manu

Findog
05-15-2007, 10:19 PM
Spurs in 6. I think that's ridiculous that Phoenix is getting punished more for a sequence that began with an Horry cheapshot. And if there should be anybody from the Suns suspended, it should be Bell for punching Horry.

A) harsh words exchanged and some jostling doesn't = an "altercation, B) the Suns coaches emphatically restrained Diaw and Amare from continuing any further towards the court, they should get credit for being aware of the rule and restraining their players and C) no harm, no foul. Plenty of wiggle room to avoid suspending Diaw/Amare without it looking super bad. Suns just lost this series, and this sequence came when the game was decided and Phoenix is going to be penalized for the Spurs initiating dirty tricks.

Spurs would've won the series anyway. Three of the four games have been halfcourt, grind it out affairs that the Spurs like. Phoenix hasn't been able to consistently push the tempo and they don't have an answer at all for Duncan. G4 was a classic Spurs game -- it was a halfcourt game, they controlled the pace and tempo, and they were consistently up 8-10 points the entire game. They only lost because Duncan picked up his fifth foul with about 5 minutes to play and Pop took him out and left him out too long instead of just letting him play. Duncan's fifth is when Phoenix made its run. Even when he came back, he was too tentative because he didn't want to foul out. Duncan's foul trouble is the ONLY reason Phoenix won the game.

hater
05-15-2007, 10:23 PM
+ The Suns are going to be pissed off. Nash is disgusted with the ruling and refused to comment to the press. Raja Bell might just pull out an Uzi and mow down the Spurs and refs. Marion knows he has to shine.
+ The game takes place in Phoenix. The fans are going to be riled up. I hope to see an Oakland-type atmosphere.

exactly SUns and their fans are gonna be insane. Spurs better fucking win, or they are not worthy. I swear, Spurs lose and I will... shit I don't know, but it's gonna be pretty bad

Budkin
05-15-2007, 10:25 PM
They won't... replay the end of Game 4 and look at the look on Timmy's face. Nuff said.

T Park
05-15-2007, 10:29 PM
They won't... replay the end of Game 4 and look at the look on Timmy's face. Nuff said

had the same look on his face after .4 too.

bigfan
05-15-2007, 10:43 PM
Hey, maybe they trot out Sean Marks. I agree, game 5 is a must win. No Amare, we must take advantage of it. Hope the Spurs get up early and keep the lead thru the game.

Budkin
05-15-2007, 10:50 PM
had the same look on his face after .4 too.

Yeah but we were facing elimination and nobody could knock down a jump shot to save their season. Hedon't was in full brick laying mode.

Stargazer
05-15-2007, 10:54 PM
Here's how and why the Suns win the series:

First, the Suns will obviously lose tomorrow. They've lost their best scorer AND his replacement, leaving them with either playing Burke (who hasn't played meaningful minutes all year) or playing no one at that position and going small ball. Emotion and heart can't make up for that kind of loss.

But there will be a silver lining. They will be such underdogs that even after they lose, the Spurs won't really pick up any momentum out of the win. They're supposed to win; they'll win; but that will be it -- no boost. And if the Suns can simply make it close -- force the Spurs to play the entire game, have a chance at the end, they could come out with a bit of momentum themselves -- the feeling that they could've won with a full team, and so the feeling that they will win when Amare and Boris return.

Game 6 will be the pivotal game. If the series goes to Game 7, the Suns win: the Spurs will be coming off of a home loss, and more important, they will know that they blew their best chance to win.

So the series will come down to Game 6. The Spurs will have home court advantage, which is big. BUT, they won't have Horry (which won't matter much, but it's something), and, more important, the Suns will have Amare and Boris back, fresh and angry. And the Suns will be desparate -- win or go home -- while the Spurs will know in the back of their mind that they always have Game 7. The Suns won Game 4 without any of those advantages. Game 6 will be that much easier.

Spurs fans disagree with this, because they think Game 4 was a fluke, not a precedent. But they are wrong. Game 6 is the series, and the Suns will take it.

Boulevard1
05-15-2007, 10:55 PM
Spurs probably have a good 60-70% chance of losing tomorrow. Emotional game for Phoenix and the Spurs have a tendency of letting down their guard when playing against teams missing one of their best players.

lrrr
05-15-2007, 11:13 PM
The Suns have played two games in a "must win" frame of mind, they have no more emotional gears to shift up into. I don't buy that they will be any more revved up for game 5 than they were for game 4. The Spurs on the other hand haven't faced a "must win" situation yet. Historically they save their best for game 5's with the series tied 2-2.

Anyway, it doesn't matter how charged up the Suns are, when you are missing two of your best front court players and the other team has Tim Duncan, you are going to loose.

bigFUNDAMENTAL
05-15-2007, 11:19 PM
Spurs will win the next 2 games
don't worry

dnull888
05-15-2007, 11:24 PM
Of course. If Phoenix gets ahead, since they're already 2 players down, we won't have to hurt that many people before they can't even post a credible offensive threat. Marion's the last real rebounder to take out.

cherylsteele
05-15-2007, 11:27 PM
I think the Spurs take care of business.

Pop is gonna be mad that they blew a lead late in the game before all the chaos.
The Suns will come out with loads of emotion, the Spurs will weather the storm and steadily wear them down and pull away. The won't blow the lead again in this series...and yes they will have a lead.

The_Worlds_finest
05-15-2007, 11:33 PM
Suns without Amare is like PB and J with no bread its not gonna happen

gameFACE
05-15-2007, 11:34 PM
The Spurs do have a history of losing to the "undermanned team". The last two championship runs the SPurs are 2-6 in Game 4's. But they are 7-1 in pivotal Game 5's so they have that history as well. The one they lost was in '03 in the Spurs/Mavs series. That one had Dirk Diggler sidelined.

Last night the Spurs took the game for granted with a 10 point lead in the 4th Q. Then they flaked out. I don't see them doing that tomorrow. But Amare and Diaw out presents them with a hell of a challenge. It won't be easy at first.

Obstructed_View
05-15-2007, 11:36 PM
Of course. If Phoenix gets ahead, since they're already 2 players down, we won't have to hurt that many people before they can't even post a credible offensive threat. Marion's the last real rebounder to take out.
Hey, fake Spurs fan. I didn't know you were still here. Does anybody buy your act yet? It hasn't improved.

Obstructed_View
05-15-2007, 11:37 PM
If the Spurs decide to come out flat, they deserve to get blown out. The Suns have played pretty well without Amare so far.

Capt Bringdown
05-16-2007, 01:40 AM
Suns have responded when they had to, while the Spurs have pissed away opportunities. Hopefully this changes in game 5.

Budkin
05-16-2007, 02:30 AM
Here's how and why the Suns win the series:

First, the Suns will obviously lose tomorrow. They've lost their best scorer AND his replacement, leaving them with either playing Burke (who hasn't played meaningful minutes all year) or playing no one at that position and going small ball. Emotion and heart can't make up for that kind of loss.

But there will be a silver lining. They will be such underdogs that even after they lose, the Spurs won't really pick up any momentum out of the win. They're supposed to win; they'll win; but that will be it -- no boost. And if the Suns can simply make it close -- force the Spurs to play the entire game, have a chance at the end, they could come out with a bit of momentum themselves -- the feeling that they could've won with a full team, and so the feeling that they will win when Amare and Boris return.

Game 6 will be the pivotal game. If the series goes to Game 7, the Suns win: the Spurs will be coming off of a home loss, and more important, they will know that they blew their best chance to win.

So the series will come down to Game 6. The Spurs will have home court advantage, which is big. BUT, they won't have Horry (which won't matter much, but it's something), and, more important, the Suns will have Amare and Boris back, fresh and angry. And the Suns will be desparate -- win or go home -- while the Spurs will know in the back of their mind that they always have Game 7. The Suns won Game 4 without any of those advantages. Game 6 will be that much easier.

Spurs fans disagree with this, because they think Game 4 was a fluke, not a precedent. But they are wrong. Game 6 is the series, and the Suns will take it.

Wrong. No fucking way we are losing again at home... not after last year and not after Game 4 this year.

Budkin
05-16-2007, 02:32 AM
Spurs probably have a good 60-70% chance of losing tomorrow. Emotional game for Phoenix and the Spurs have a tendency of letting down their guard when playing against teams missing one of their best players.

60-70? No fucking way dude... the Spurs always play well after a loss, and they don't have Amare or Diaw. We are not losing that game.

spurdude
05-16-2007, 02:42 AM
:elephant I THINK WE'RE GOING TO HAVE TO BE VERY CAREFUL THAT THE SUNS DON'T SEND IN THEIR MEANINGLESS BENCH RIDERS TO HURT SOMEONE OR START A FIGHT TO GET EVEN. WE NEED TO STAY COOL CALM AND COLLECTED. DAVID STERN AND HORRY FOR MVP! THIS IS GOING TO BE AWESOME. I JUST LOVE WINNING CHAMPIONSHIPS! I SMELL ANOTHER ONE AROUND THE CORNER! GO SPURS GO SPURS GO SPURS

I'M GOING TO GO TO THIS GAME AS I'D LOVE TO GET INTO A FIGHT WITH A FEW PHOENIX FANS MYSELF!! :elephant

Spurs Dynasty 21
05-16-2007, 09:44 AM
don't forget how well the Suns were last season without Amare

MadDog73
05-16-2007, 09:47 AM
:elephant I THINK WE'RE GOING TO HAVE TO BE VERY CAREFUL THAT THE SUNS DON'T SEND IN THEIR MEANINGLESS BENCH RIDERS TO HURT SOMEONE OR START A FIGHT TO GET EVEN. WE NEED TO STAY COOL CALM AND COLLECTED. DAVID STERN AND HORRY FOR MVP! THIS IS GOING TO BE AWESOME. I JUST LOVE WINNING CHAMPIONSHIPS! I SMELL ANOTHER ONE AROUND THE CORNER! GO SPURS GO SPURS GO SPURS

I'M GOING TO GO TO THIS GAME AS I'D LOVE TO GET INTO A FIGHT WITH A FEW PHOENIX FANS MYSELF!! :elephant

THANKS FOR LETTING US KNOW!

(next time, can you speak softer please?)

CosmicCowboy
05-16-2007, 09:57 AM
Suns without Amare is like PB and J with no bread its not gonna happen

uhhh...did you notice they went to the West finals last year without Amare all year?

ATXSPUR
05-16-2007, 10:06 AM
uhhh...did you notice they went to the West finals last year without Amare all year?

True...but did you notice the chokers they lost to?

Capt Bringdown
05-16-2007, 10:09 AM
Whoever wins game 5 wins this series seems to be the consensus here?

CosmicCowboy
05-16-2007, 10:12 AM
True...but did you notice the chokers they lost to?

uhhh...the same chokers that took the Spurs to seven games and won?

Spurs Dynasty 21
05-16-2007, 02:03 PM
may God be with the Spurs tonight

rAm
05-16-2007, 02:09 PM
Spurs would've won the series anyway. Three of the four games have been halfcourt, grind it out affairs that the Spurs like. Phoenix hasn't been able to consistently push the tempo and they don't have an answer at all for Duncan. G4 was a classic Spurs game -- it was a halfcourt game, they controlled the pace and tempo, and they were consistently up 8-10 points the entire game. They only lost because Duncan picked up his fifth foul with about 5 minutes to play and Pop took him out and left him out too long instead of just letting him play. Duncan's fifth is when Phoenix made its run. Even when he came back, he was too tentative because he didn't want to foul out. Duncan's foul trouble is the ONLY reason Phoenix won the game.

This is what others me most about this game, especially Duncan picked up retarded fouls like that offensive charge...

Spurs Dynasty 21
05-16-2007, 02:11 PM
This is what others me most about this game, especially Duncan picked up retarded fouls like that offensive charge...

Nash is always floppin like a bitch, and it cost his team the series because of it

karma is a bitch

CaptainLate
05-16-2007, 02:18 PM
Suns have a great chance in winning because of the emotion

but if the Spurs just feed Duncan the ball every time, he should have at elast 40pts 25rbs this game

On offense, TD needs to watch out for the "charging" calls.
On defense, he needs to play like he has 4 fouls, at least till we get into the 4Q.

And all the Spurs need to watch out for :nutkick:

sunsbum
05-16-2007, 02:25 PM
Nash is always floppin like a bitch, and it cost his team the series because of it

karma is a bitch

here we go again :rolleyes thats some fantastic logic you got there.

CaptainLate
05-16-2007, 02:27 PM

Yes, a soft bracket helps. :sleep

CaptainLate
05-16-2007, 02:35 PM
Hey, maybe they trot out Sean Marks. I agree, game 5 is a must win. No Amare, we must take advantage of it. Hope the Spurs get up early and keep the lead thru the game.

They only have Marion and Bell to play D...I don't think they could match up if we start Ginobili and move Finley to 3.

Duncan can play off Thomas and roam (like other teams play off Bowen). If Thomas scores, so what. That would mean they aren't running.

romain.star
05-16-2007, 02:44 PM
overconfidence is not part of the spurs vocabulary

Spurs Dynasty 21
05-16-2007, 05:23 PM
Spurs can't forget want happened last year in Gm6 when Raja Bell got suspended

VincentG
05-16-2007, 05:23 PM
They won't. The team will take care of business. The Suns are so depleted that they might get 1 good run and then be done.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-16-2007, 05:27 PM
:lmao
I'm watching the news on KSAT12 and D'Antoni just said "I think we can bust them up."