PDA

View Full Version : Golden State Screwed by the Refs

sammy
05-16-2007, 12:29 AM
This was a travesty! The officiating gave this game to Utah! What a shame and travesty! Disgraceful, but I should've known Salvatore was in the picture! All of the calls against Golden State in the 3rd quarter and these basterad on Utah were physical and fouling hard all night and no call! Fucking bullshit! This is worse officiating I've seen since the assholes who officiated the Spurs! Ridiculous! Great season Golden State! No problem these asshole won't go far either! :bang

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-16-2007, 12:30 AM
Ken Mauer bought the AK47 flop hook, line, and sinker. That was a Jerry Sloan special.

gilmor
05-16-2007, 12:30 AM
Better worry about ourselves first.. I am not sure Spurs can get through the WCF

Obstructed_View
05-16-2007, 12:31 AM
Thanks. I guess I'll go erase the recording of the game off my PVR. Do you know what the fucking NBA forum is, douchebag?

word
05-16-2007, 12:34 AM
Another tainting ...

Obstructed_View
05-16-2007, 12:34 AM
Tainted my Tivo. Fuckers.

word
05-16-2007, 12:36 AM
I hate Tivo-tainting.

Tek_XX
05-16-2007, 12:36 AM
Taint is the word of the day

T Park
05-16-2007, 12:38 AM
Yeah Im sure the NBA is clamoring for a Utah San Antonio WCF :lmao

Golden State lost that one with their bad shot selection.

Tek_XX
05-16-2007, 12:41 AM
Golden State was still the 8th seed

bigFUNDAMENTAL
05-16-2007, 12:44 AM
WCF: Spurs Vs Jazz.

The_Worlds_finest
05-16-2007, 12:51 AM
no no you have it all wrong bigfunda its Spurs+Refs+David Stern+ jason kidds sons head Vs Jazz

Mr. Body
05-16-2007, 12:52 AM
GSW was gonna lose anyway, but the NBA seriously needs to fix its refs. They suck.

jbspurs
05-16-2007, 12:55 AM
This was a travesty! The officiating gave this game to Utah! What a shame and travesty! Disgraceful, but I should've known Salvatore was in the picture! All of the calls against Golden State in the 3rd quarter and these basterad on Utah were physical and fouling hard all night and no call! Fucking bullshit! This is worse officiating I've seen since the assholes who officiated the Spurs! Ridiculous! Great season Golden State! No problem these asshole won't go far either! :bang

That's part of it, but they still had chance, down by 4 with plenty of time and they started shooting 3's.

NorCalJazzFan
05-16-2007, 01:41 AM
Golden State lost that game because they cant rebound or score inside when it counts.

Plus they live and die with the 3 and play on emotion......SJax is a hot head and Barnes might be one of the most dirty players in the game.

It was a great series but the better team won.

dg7md
05-16-2007, 01:51 AM
NorCalJazzFan
:lol

ponky
05-16-2007, 02:16 AM
actually, deron williams nearly gave the warriors the win, stop bitching about the officiating...congrats jazz on getting to the wcf!

seriously though, the warriors had a great first round series and deserve some kudos, they'll be back next year, congrats to them too, stay healthy.

Shaolin-Style
05-16-2007, 03:57 AM
That AK flop was hilarious. Killed any dim hope they had with adding on another point and getting rid of whats his name.

Extra Stout
05-16-2007, 08:09 AM
David Stern is close to that Spurs-Jazz WCF he has clamored for. Mormons and lower-middle-class Hispanics in small markets are the two key demographics the NBA is chasing this season.

Amare_32
05-16-2007, 08:38 AM
actually, deron williams nearly gave the warriors the win, stop bitching about the officiating...congrats jazz on getting to the wcf!

seriously though, the warriors had a great first round series and deserve some kudos, they'll be back next year, congrats to them too, stay healthy.

I agree if the Warriors can address the rebounding and stay healthy next season they will be higher then an 8th seed. They were great to watch. Now lets see who gets to play Utah in the WCF.

Fromthebleachers
05-16-2007, 08:49 AM
That AK flop was hilarious. Killed any dim hope they had with adding on another point and getting rid of whats his name.

Oh yeah remember that davis elbow to fisher's head ...

this thread started as a joke ... and still is a joke.
the series ended the way the series was meant to end: with a Utah win and a golden state meltdown. in a game where the outcome was almost as predictable as a golden state offensive gameplan, they still had countless opportunities to be heading back to oakland down 3-2 and prisoners let lose in the stands. You can start with the jazz shooting 21-33 from the freethrow line including a 0-6 stretch during a heated 5-10 minute stint; 25 utah turnovers and almost 30 points as a result of. yet they were only down a few points midway through the deciding quarter until fisher took over. you can even blame the 6-30 from the arc. GS was definitely in that game but averages caught up with them. when it mattered, utah went inside and abused the warriors in the paint on offensive rebounds, put backs, one and dones on the defensive end. the game ended for all intents and purposes on a andrei kirilenko steal to seal it. but dont pine over that, think on the fact that Utah pounded the the "warriors" by 24 on the glass, by more than 14 on the offensive end. think about how the structured offense of jerry sloan allowed tested veteran like derek fisher to hit three after three; hammering each nail deeper into golden states coffin. the won it playing the game the way it was meant to be played. and thats all anyone will ever take fro this series going forward.

just another nellie team going down in the playoffs the same way every time.

"That's the way close-out games should be. They're going to let you play. They're going to let you earn it. And we earned it,'' said Utah's Carlos Boozer, who had 21 points and 14 rebounds.

its called playoff basketball for a reason. if you cant play through it and earn it then you dont deserve it.

DarrinS
05-16-2007, 09:52 AM
Did the refs force GS to throw up bricks? Just curious.

nkdlunch
05-16-2007, 09:53 AM
Golden State sucks gimme a break

trueD
05-16-2007, 09:57 AM
Oh yeah remember that davis elbow to fisher's head ...

this thread started as a joke ... and still is a joke.
the series ended the way the series was meant to end: with a Utah win and a golden state meltdown. in a game where the outcome was almost as predictable as a golden state offensive gameplan, they still had countless opportunities to be heading back to oakland down 3-2 and prisoners let lose in the stands. You can start with the jazz shooting 21-33 from the freethrow line including a 0-6 stretch during a heated 5-10 minute stint; 25 utah turnovers and almost 30 points as a result of. yet they were only down a few points midway through the deciding quarter until fisher took over. you can even blame the 6-30 from the arc. GS was definitely in that game but averages caught up with them. when it mattered, utah went inside and abused the warriors in the paint on offensive rebounds, put backs, one and dones on the defensive end. the game ended for all intents and purposes on a andrei kirilenko steal to seal it. but dont pine over that, think on the fact that Utah pounded the the "warriors" by 24 on the glass, by more than 14 on the offensive end. think about how the structured offense of jerry sloan allowed tested veteran like derek fisher to hit three after three; hammering each nail deeper into golden states coffin. the won it playing the game the way it was meant to be played. and thats all anyone will ever take fro this series going forward.

just another nellie team going down in the playoffs the same way every time.

"That's the way close-out games should be. They're going to let you play. They're going to let you earn it. And we earned it,'' said Utah's Carlos Boozer, who had 21 points and 14 rebounds.

its called playoff basketball for a reason. if you cant play through it and earn it then you dont deserve it.

:clap

Warriors had no "winning" base to fall back on--Davis & Jefferson were money in the first series, but couldn't connect in the 2nd. Monta showed his youth by pretty much sucking most of the post season. And in the end, for all his clutchness and surprising worth, Barnes lost his cool with an ejection. Not to mention all of the emotional turmoil reminiscent of an inexperienced team. The refs had no choice but to keep a tight reign on the play, GS was subject to violence of massive proportions!

Nellie gets kudos for keeping the ship together as long as he did, AND for leading his team to knocking the #1 seed to the moon in spite of all of the above.

NBA Junkie
05-16-2007, 11:08 AM
Utah gave the Warriors every chance to win the game by missing 6 consecutive FT's during GS' late third-early fourth meltdown, but the Warriors just couldn't execute while only being down a few points for several minutes.

Cry Havoc
05-16-2007, 11:34 AM

Golden State lost because they would rather shoot a 3 pointer on a 4-2 fastbreak than get an easy layup. I can't blame them. When they did have a 2-1 fastbreak and they tried to get a layup, the pass was stolen. :lol

They played completely the opposite of how they beat Dallas. Instead of driving, pounding the ball, and making defensive plays all over the place, they played passive and shot a lot of 3s.

NBA Junkie
05-16-2007, 11:41 AM
Golden State lost because they would rather shoot a 3 pointer on a 4-2 fastbreak than get an easy layup. I can't blame them. When they did have a 2-1 fastbreak and they tried to get a layup, the pass was stolen. :lol

They played completely the opposite of how they beat Dallas. Instead of driving, pounding the ball, and making defensive plays all over the place, they played passive and shot a lot of 3s.

As the old cliche goes- A teams greatest strength can also be its greatest weakness.

Shank
05-16-2007, 11:42 AM
The refs shot 6/30 from 3 and took away Golden State's patented 13-point play that would have tied it up at the end of regulation.

bulletedge
05-16-2007, 11:49 AM
Davis, Jackson & Barnes simply revealed what they really are- a bunch of playground ballers who get hot every once in a while.

Look for them to have a lackluster season next year as they continue to devolve into chaos while Nellie drowns his sorrows in beer prior to his next retirement and retreat back to hawaii.

Fromthebleachers
05-16-2007, 12:08 PM
i think the funniest play of the entire post season was when barnes tried to drive and draw a foul on AK on a 1 on none fastbreak hahahahahah that was absolutely priceless.

TDMVPDPOY
05-16-2007, 03:45 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070516/capt.9369777547ca44829c8c26d37a937896.warriors_jaz z_basketball_slcc126.jpg

mardigan
05-16-2007, 04:00 PM
Live by the 3, die by the 3. The Warriors f-ed themselves with their shot selection down the stretch

Aud21946
05-16-2007, 04:20 PM
David Stern is close to that Spurs-Jazz WCF he has clamored for. Mormons and lower-middle-class Hispanics in small markets are the two key demographics the NBA is chasing this season.

:blah :lol :lol :lol :lol

FlyHigh07
05-16-2007, 04:30 PM
GS was jus a bigass rotten mistake dis year. Dallas is the true champions. I don't care what y'all say. You know it too. Therefore I predict Utah or Phoenix 2b Champions.