PDA

View Full Version : The New Rule On Leaving The Bench

PM5K
05-16-2007, 01:02 AM
After hearing Charles just now here's what I've come up with:

Any player who leaves the bench during an altercation will be fined no less than 100K dollars. (Actually after thinking about this again, I think it should be a percentage, no doubt 100K hits a no-name rookie differently than a guy making eighteen million a year).

Players who leave the bench during an altercation and participate in such altercation by means of throwing punches, elbows, or otherwise fighthing shall be fined no less than 100K dollars and be suspended no less than five games.

But the rules we have in place are the rules, and rules are only as good as their enforcement so until they are changed, you do the crime you do the time ;-)

GSH
05-16-2007, 01:25 AM
I listened to Barkley's bullshit just now too. The only way his theory works is if the NBA hires psychic referees. That way they would know which players are leaving the bench just to have a look, and which ones are actually running to get in the middle of a brawl.

Unfortunately, the league just fired the only psychic referee they had. Now dirty bastards like Duncan are free to laugh on the bench with impunity.

Barkley also watched the clip of Stephen Jackson clotheslining that guy in tonight's game and said, "I don't think that was flagrant." Barkley is entertaining...but don't quote him.