PDA

View Full Version : Ever feel like the bad guy wrestler?

dav4463
05-16-2007, 03:47 AM
Spurs are like the bad guy in wrestling! I mean we are truly hated! It looks like the whole world except us Spurs fans wants Phoenix to win! One little mistake and it wasn't that hard of a hit anyway and we are suddenly the most hated team in the world! Kind of cool when you think about it. I hope the Spurs leave the arena with a win and get booed all the way back to San Antonio where we can greet them with cheers!

Shaolin-Style
05-16-2007, 03:50 AM
The difference is at the end of the day that bad guy wrestler smiles to himself that he did his job and is ultimately respected and admired by the fans for his performance.

We on the other hand only have one city and a dwindling legion of outsiders backing us after this suspension. We'll get like no respect if we win the championship this year, just like those lame asterisk screamers from 99'.

dav4463
05-16-2007, 03:57 AM
Nobody likes the Spurs. Nash is everybody's favorite little darling. Who cares what others think about you? Go win a championship and let the haters hate.

UV Ray
05-16-2007, 04:14 AM
I've never seen citizens coalesce behind a sports franchise like they have with the Suns in the last 36 hours. The anger is palpable every where you go. It's really kind of scary. To term them as rabid would be understatement. It should make for an interesting evening.

Kori Ellis
05-16-2007, 04:22 AM
Sports 620 KTAR will make sure NBA Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations Stu Jackson and NBA Commissioner David Stern will hear what you have to say.

The NBA's League Office reads every message it receives in order to improve the quality of service fans have come to expect from the NBA.

So, don't sit back - log your complaints, comments or questions in our open forum and Sports 620 KTAR will forward them to the NBA suits.

If you would prefer to mail your comments, you can contact the NBA at:

The National Basketball Association, Attn: Fan Services
645 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10022.

Remember: Keep it clean and professional - Robert Horry has already spread enough ugliness.

:lol

GrandeDavid
05-16-2007, 04:36 AM
The Spurs are not ugly, thuggish and anyone who "hates" them needs to get back to real life and learn more about the team they obviously know nothing about. I'm over the incident and I have nothing against Robert Horry or any Suns player, although I think Amare Stoudemire needs to check his head at times.

I feel like the Spurs are the same great guys and inspirations to young players across the globe.

Screw the haters.

GrandeDavid
05-16-2007, 04:39 AM
And I'm sick of some fans acting apologetic about the suspensions. Phoenix got what they deserved and Nash needs to be commended for his spread eagle dive after barrelling into Horry. He had the entire left side of the court open. The Suns have been crying and bitching the entire series. I cannot stand those sorry saps, except for Nash, who is a consummate professional. He ought to take D'Antoni's job immediately.

Go Spurs Go!

UV Ray
05-16-2007, 04:46 AM
The Spurs are not ugly, thuggish and anyone who "hates" them needs to get back to real life and learn more about the team they obviously know nothing about. I'm over the incident and I have nothing against Robert Horry or any Suns player, although I think Amare Stoudemire needs to check his head at times.

I feel like the Spurs are the same great guys and inspirations to young players across the globe.

Screw the haters.

Like it or not, the Spurs are now the red headed stepchild of American sports. Enjoy.

team-work
05-16-2007, 04:58 AM
As an international Spurs fan, I would not quit loving this team because of only 1 incident.

I still believe the Spurs have great players, coaches, front office, and, of course, fans.

While I don't agree with Horry's action, I do have empathy on him. The emotions of the playoffs, the frustration when you seemed to have win a pivotal game (only to lose it in the final minutes), the pressure you are in when you are watched by the whole world.

I hope the Spurs focus on the game itself and not on its reputation. Play the game that defines the team, with tough defense, good hustle, timely shots, and come up with a win.

romain.star
05-16-2007, 05:19 AM
France, Argentina, Virginia islands, Slovenia and San Antonio against the rest of the world... i love it

ATXSPUR
05-16-2007, 05:25 AM
id rather win than be liked

exstatic
05-16-2007, 05:56 AM
Fuck that. Raja Bell set the tone for this series in game one with his double arm closed fist hammer blow to Ginobili. The refs and league let it go (no suspension/ejection), and here we are now.

spursintpe
05-16-2007, 08:11 AM
Sports 620 KTAR will make sure NBA Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations Stu Jackson and NBA Commissioner David Stern will hear what you have to say.

The NBA's League Office reads every message it receives in order to improve the quality of service fans have come to expect from the NBA.

So, don't sit back - log your complaints, comments or questions in our open forum and Sports 620 KTAR will forward them to the NBA suits.

If you would prefer to mail your comments, you can contact the NBA at:

The National Basketball Association, Attn: Fan Services
645 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10022.

Remember: Keep it clean and professional - Robert Horry has already spread enough ugliness.

:lol

How do I log comment in the open forum? I'm a little unclear.