PDA

View Full Version : Time To Nut Up, Spurs Fans

timvp
05-16-2007, 05:05 AM
In the midst of what is perhaps the most consistently controversial series the Spurs have ever been involved in, it's time to focus at the task at hand. What's done is done.

The Spurs had no say in any penalties that have been handed out. Fines and suspensions are handled by the NBA league office. The Spurs' job is to play basketball and try to win games.

This is not the time for Spurs fans to feel sorry for themselves. Nobody felt sorry for Spurs fans last year when Tim Duncan was fouled out of a crucial playoff game when Dirk Nowitzki stepped on his foot. Nobody felt sorry for Spurs fans in 2004 when Derek Fisher defied the laws of physics and time. Nobody felt sorry for the Spurs in 1979 when the Bullets and the ABA bias happened.

This is the hand that was dealt. All that matters is the Spurs continue on their quest for number four. It's what they can control. It's their job.

The Spurs and their fans do not seem to have the proper focus at times this season. After every win, overconfidence sets in and the entire city of San Antonio loses focus on the fact that this is a gradual process.

The next step in this process is Game 5. It's time to put everything in the past and get this win.

When all is said and done and the NBA is no more, the only thing that will be remembered is who won. It's time to win.

F the haters. These same people would be laughing in your face if the roles were reversed. It's time to nut up and realize that this sport is about winning. Second place is for losers, whiners and mavericks.

Wear that silver and black proud because these playoffs have just begun.

It's time to shut everyone up and add the fourth to our collection.

Spurs got this ish.

Believe

http://spurstalk.com/warsprus.jpg

ATXSPUR
05-16-2007, 05:11 AM
Nice!

mikekim
05-16-2007, 05:18 AM
Nutting up right now.

UtownSpur
05-16-2007, 05:19 AM
Well Said!

dav4463
05-16-2007, 05:23 AM
In the midst of what is perhaps the most consistently controversial series the Spurs have ever been involved in, it's time to focus at the task at hand. What's done is done.

The Spurs had no say in any penalties that have been handed out. Fines and suspensions are handled by the NBA league office. The Spurs' job is to play basketball and try to win games.

This is not the time for Spurs fans to feel sorry for themselves. Nobody felt sorry for Spurs fans last year when Tim Duncan was fouled out of a crucial playoff game when Dirk Nowitzki stepped on his foot. Nobody felt sorry for Spurs fans in 2004 when Derek Fisher defied the laws of physics and time. Nobody felt sorry for the Spurs in 1979 when the Bullets and the ABA bias happened.

This is the hand that was dealt. All that matters is the Spurs continue on their quest for number four. It's what they can control. It's their job.

The Spurs and their fans do not seem to have the proper focus at times this season. After every win, overconfidence sets in and the entire city of San Antonio loses focus on the fact that this is a gradual process.

The next step in this process is Game 5. It's time to put everything in the past and get this win.

When all is said and done and the NBA is no more, the only thing that will be remembered is who won. It's time to win.

F the haters. These same people would be laughing in your face if the roles were reversed. It's time to nut up and realize that this sport is about winning. Second place is for losers, whiners and mavericks.

Spurs got this ish.

Believe

my vote for best post ever !

angel_luv
05-16-2007, 05:31 AM
I Believe!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i13.tinypic.com/4oq4f7k.jpg

L.I.T
05-16-2007, 05:47 AM
So...basically, fuck the haters and go get the next two? Damn straight.

Streakyshooter08
05-16-2007, 05:54 AM
:toast

exstatic
05-16-2007, 06:06 AM
I don't feel the least bit sorry for the Suns. So Steve Nash got ridden out of bounds into the very well padded scorer's table. BFD. Welcome to one minute of Manu Ginobili's every game.

carina_gino20
05-16-2007, 06:12 AM
This sucks for both team, but a win is a win. I believe in the Spurs.

Shred
05-16-2007, 06:22 AM

timvp
05-16-2007, 06:46 AM

0-for-37

polandprzem
05-16-2007, 07:00 AM
Anbout time and right person

GO SPURSMASTERS GO !

Buddy Holly
05-16-2007, 07:25 AM
Fuck Yeah!

Let's Do This!

http://images.1strowseats.com/300x180/san_antonio_spurs300.jpg

ambchang
05-16-2007, 07:36 AM
Go Spurs Go!
Great post timvp!

themvp
05-16-2007, 07:36 AM
http://www.overnighttickets.com/images/SpursTickets.jpg

Spurs all the way!

G-Nob
05-16-2007, 07:40 AM
no disrespect but I'm a Texan and I'm even tired of "Don't Mess With Texas"

rodrick
05-16-2007, 07:42 AM
my nuts are up!!!

Go Spurs Go!!! :elephant

MisterWhodat
05-16-2007, 07:48 AM
Ltbhtf!

cbinge
05-16-2007, 07:58 AM
I'm not sure about nuttin up, but I'm really enjoying this stuff, it's fun to be the bad guy

JustSpurs
05-16-2007, 08:04 AM
Great post Tim. Thanks!

Phenomanul
05-16-2007, 08:15 AM

Spurs got this ish.

Believe

You could add.... That no one felt sorry when Tim Duncan tore his ACL 4 weeks before the playoffs began in 2000, or when our inside/outside game was completely negated when Juwan Howard separated Derek Anderson's shoulder in 2001 and in the process made the Spurs look like complete duds against the eventual champions that year (the Lakers).

NO LIMIT ARMY COMMANDER
05-16-2007, 08:17 AM
Soldiers, General timvp has laid out the scenario. This will not be pretty. It's San Antonio de Bexar against the world.

But make no mistake. We will prevail.

Kevin Blackistone
05-16-2007, 08:18 AM
The Suns haven't been slighted. The NBA is still taking care of their idiotic asses by giving Horry 2 games when only 1 was warranted. The NBA wants to attempt to rig it to go 7 by taking Horry away in 6. What Amare and Diaw did warrants a 1 game suspension, what Horry did doesn't warrant a 2. This is still an injustice towards the Spurs, and it's time for Bonner, Oberto, Elson to wake the fuck up and dominate their position. It's time to take the game the league wants us to win tonight and then fuck the league by taking the game they count on us losing. It's time to be sharp and go 48 minutes of no fucking mercy basketball. If we have them down 10, push it to 20. If 20, push it to 30. No letting up this time.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-16-2007, 08:23 AM
Amen LJ :tu

Das Texan
05-16-2007, 08:45 AM
The world may be against us, but San Antonio de Bexar will rise again to once again show their pride and abilities.

FromWayDowntown
05-16-2007, 08:47 AM

Soul_Patch
05-16-2007, 08:48 AM
Fantastic post. I love you!

ok, sorry suns, sucks to be you, but amare made his bed, he will get to sit out tonight because of it.

GO SPURS GO!

MadDog73
05-16-2007, 08:51 AM
I know yesterday I said some crazy shit about wanting to beat the Suns at full strength....

But I woke up this morning and realized it doesn't matter how we win, as long as we do.

Just Win.

Admidave50
05-16-2007, 08:55 AM
Excellent post, time to get back on WAR mode! Stop the whining, Start the killing!

steppy
05-16-2007, 08:59 AM
Yep, this isn't the Spurs fault. Just win game 5 and don't look back. Go Spurs! :flag: :flag: :flag:

gilmor
05-16-2007, 09:12 AM
FUCK Yeah.. I love this stuff..

When I post in this kind of stuff Spurs will WIN!!

Flea
05-16-2007, 09:21 AM
:cheer :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :cheer

cheguevara
05-16-2007, 09:23 AM

Spurs got this ish.

Believe

I will be glad when this series is over. it has been a fucking soap opera. I rather listen to my girl whine than to listen to Suns players, coaches, owners and fans, those bitches are worse than my girl on her worst period.

Utah, Detroit/Chicago will never be this much drama.

fucking drama queens.

SA210
05-16-2007, 09:33 AM
I will be glad when this series is over. it has been a fucking soap opera. I rather listen to my girl whine than to listen to Suns players, coaches, owners and fans, those bitches are worse than my girl on her worst period.

Utah, Detroit/Chicago will never be this much drama.

fucking drama queens.
:lmao

Go Spurs!!!!

BigVee
05-16-2007, 09:34 AM
exactly right. everyone talks about the Pistons championship teams in 89,90...no one talks about the fact that Byron Scott pulled his hamstring prior to the finals and Magic went out of the series in the first game.....Shit happens. The Spurs must take advantage of the situation and come to this game with the most intensity they have had this year. Beat their ass.

velik_m
05-16-2007, 09:40 AM
Go Spurs Go!

duncanchick21
05-16-2007, 09:50 AM

Spurs got this ish.

Believe

THANKS FOR THIS POST!!!! I STILL BELIEVE! :flag: :flag: :flag:

angel_luv
05-16-2007, 10:14 AM
no disrespect but I'm a Texan and I'm even tired of "Don't Mess With Texas"

Yea, well I am tired of being messed with. :lol

samikeyp
05-16-2007, 10:16 AM

Spurs got this ish.

Believe

Amen.

I get why Suns fan is pissed but forgive me if I ignore 33 years of Spurs fandom just because you feel wronged.

Nobody felt sorry us in 90 when Rod Strickland through that dumbass pass.

Nobody felt sorry for us in 91 when we got bounced by Run TMC.

Nobody felt sorry for us when we were the "oh..the Spurs are great in the regular season but can't do it in the playoffs" team for decades.

I suppose I am supposed to feel bad because I am still rooting for the Spurs. All this bullshit about "how can you root for a team that's dirty" and "your title will be tainted". The only "taint" I see are the taints I see posting here with all the "Noboby likes us, the NBA hates us, I think I am gonna eat worms" crap that Suns fan is spewing forth. Between that and the whole "typical Spurs fan" myopia and state education smack (what the hell is THAT?) enough is enough.

You don't like me because I am a Spurs fan?
You don't like the Spurs because they are not afraid to take it and dish it back out?

Too bad.

I just broke my own rule and said "us" three times in this post. Civility be damned.

Time to draw a new line in the sand.

Go Spurs Go.

MoSpur
05-16-2007, 10:23 AM
I agree 100 %. Too bad. The Spurs need to focus and come out with a win. I don't care if they win by one point or by 20 points. Just win.

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-16-2007, 10:25 AM
While I agree with timvp's sentiment, didn't you say this game was tainted if Amare and Diaw were suspended?

clambake
05-16-2007, 10:31 AM
When you say "nut up", do you mean in Nash's groin, again?

MadDog73
05-16-2007, 10:32 AM
When you say "nut up", do you mean in Nash's groin, again?

What do you know about having balls, clambake? :rolleyes

violentkitten
05-16-2007, 10:33 AM
:baby

sometimes pro sports is downright hilarious. ooh, ok, the Spurs are "dirty". write your congressman. better yet, turn off the tv. stupid fucks.

clambake
05-16-2007, 10:34 AM
Cheap shots equal balls?

Thats interesting.

MadDog73
05-16-2007, 10:35 AM
Cheap shots equal balls?

Thats interesting.

Nash has balls, dumbass. :rolleyes

clambake
05-16-2007, 10:38 AM
Go ahead and "Win without winning"************congrats

Tell the story to your grandkids, with all the attached articles.

beirmeistr
05-16-2007, 10:55 AM
I can't believe the people that don't understand the severity of the zer0 tolerance rule that Amare and Diaw violated. It may be an overbearing rule, but that's the way it is until it is amended. All players are made aware of that rule. You did not see Spurs bench players running toward the court.
Amare is in the situation that he is in because he has shit for brains.

rayray2k8
05-16-2007, 10:57 AM
Amen.

I get why Suns fan is pissed but forgive me if I ignore 33 years of Spurs fandom just because you feel wronged.

Nobody felt sorry us in 90 when Rod Strickland through that dumbass pass.

Nobody felt sorry for us in 91 when we got bounced by Run TMC.

Nobody felt sorry for us when we were the "oh..the Spurs are great in the regular season but can't do it in the playoffs" team for decades.

I suppose I am supposed to feel bad because I am still rooting for the Spurs. All this bullshit about "how can you root for a team that's dirty" and "your title will be tainted". The only "taint" I see are the taints I see posting here with all the "Noboby likes us, the NBA hates us, I think I am gonna eat worms" crap that Suns fan is spewing forth. Between that and the whole "typical Spurs fan" myopia and state education smack (what the hell is THAT?) enough is enough.

You don't like me because I am a Spurs fan?
You don't like the Spurs because they are not afraid to take it and dish it back out?

Too bad.

I just broke my own rule and said "us" three times in this post. Civility be damned.

Time to draw a new line in the sand.

Go Spurs Go.

you're right...
It's now about us, because in the view of all other fans it doesnt matter how we try to defend ourselves.
We're viewed as the dirtiest team, with the dirtiest players, in a dirty town filled with the dirtiest fans around the world.

You know what I say to that??

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
http://img110.exs.cx/img110/1012/Flair2.jpg
:flag::flag::flag:

cry me a fucking river!!!
Real champions play through adversity, so prove that you are one Phoenix!!!

tlongII
05-16-2007, 10:59 AM
Second place is for losers, whiners and mavericks. :lmao

Rummpd
05-16-2007, 11:04 AM
%$#@ the selective memories that forget that Nash kneed Parker or that Ginobili could have lost an eye or that the Spurs were somehow called for 2x as many tacky fouls as the Suns at home.

What Spurs need to do is to not only win this game but to put this all to rest is to dominate not only this game but also game 6. Get the Suns down early for a change and put on the full hammer in that game.

Don't make it close and put it in the hands of the refs again.

rayray2k8
05-16-2007, 11:19 AM
%$#@ the selective memories that forget that Nash kneed Parker or that Ginobili could have lost an eye or that the Spurs were somehow called for 2x as many tacky fouls as the Suns at home.

What Spurs need to do is to not only win this game but to put this all to rest is to dominate not only this game but also game 6. Get the Suns down early for a change and put on the full hammer in that game.

Don't make it close and put it in the hands of the refs again.
It's equally dirty but we're not complaining about it as much as they are.
I think something is gonna go down tonight.

BTW
this thread just be pinned at the top.

mabber
05-16-2007, 11:29 AM
Nothing to nut up about. Just be happy as the league just handed you another title.

Mixability
05-16-2007, 11:29 AM
What's done is done. What's annoying to me is all the people that were hoping and now happy about Amare/Diaw being out, like that's the only way we were gonna win this series. :rolleyes I'm guessing these are the same people that would cheer an opposing players injury, because it would give us an advantage.

For example, in Game 1, I felt bad for Nash since you could tell he wanted to play those final seconds, but due to a dumbass doctor who skipped the bandaid course, it didn't happen.

We didn't need help from the league to win the first 2, so we didn't need the help to get the next 2.

So here we are, because of some dumbasses who couldn't control themselves, the Spurs have become the "favorite child" of the league, the beneficiary side of the conspiracy theories, are we the new Lakers?

steppy
05-16-2007, 11:31 AM
Nothing to nut up about. Just be happy as the league just handed you another title.

I think that's a bit premature. After all, Dallas had it won last year. :smokin

Ghost Writer
05-16-2007, 11:34 AM
timvp is right.

See, we Spurs fans are not used to this feeling.

We're usually the ones getting fvcked over, taken advantage or or bullied.

Now the Spurs are sort've the aggressors and the ones potentially benefitting from a twist of fate.

Life ain't fair.

Sh1t happens.

All the cliches apply here.

It's unusual, but it's about time the Spurs got a break.

So, I challenge everyone to get into to spirit.

If you're a prude, go out and have some casual sex tonight.

If you are polite, burp outloud.

Don't let that car pass you on the freeway.

Grab the last grocery cart before the old man gets it.

Forget about holding the door, because you are in a f'n rush.

In short, don't apologize for the Spurs. We've been hurt before by being the nice guys in the past.

Win at all costs.

:cooldevil

Amuseddaysleeper
05-16-2007, 11:34 AM
Let's close this out in 6 :fro

timvp
05-16-2007, 12:47 PM
While I agree with timvp's sentiment, didn't you say this game was tainted if Amare and Diaw were suspended?

Main Entry: taint
Pronunciation: 'tAnt
Function: verb
1 : to contaminate morally
2 : to affect with putrefaction
3 : to touch or affect slightly with something bad

The Spurs are going to taint the b1tch azz Suns tonight. :smokin

rob5
05-16-2007, 12:55 PM
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k210/rtfunshots/atw13.jpg

T Park
05-16-2007, 12:55 PM
:lmao @ GW

violentkitten
05-16-2007, 12:57 PM
what's most amusing are the numbskulls who try to square the spurs now being "dirty" with the "soft" label of yesteryear.

angel_luv
05-16-2007, 12:57 PM
:lol Rob

florige
05-16-2007, 01:28 PM

Just like they TRIED to hand you guys one last year, but you guys managed to f that up. :lol

clambake
05-16-2007, 01:33 PM
Why are you talking about the mavs in the spurs forum? Are you trying to ignore that corpse the spurs put on the floor?

dbreiden83080
05-16-2007, 01:39 PM
Couldn't agree more it is time to put all of this other crap aside go out there and play. No lack of focus no lack of energy bring it hard for 48 min and get this game.

GrandeDavid
05-16-2007, 01:41 PM
I, personally, don't need a motivational thread like this, because its something I also would write. LJ is obviously no longer down on the Spurs after last game. Must've been all the ridiculously petty, childish insults and curse words being hurled among fans the past couple of days that got him fired up.

Yes, I agree, its time to get psyched for a big game. But the theatrics can be spared on both sides. Its just a damn sport, for God's sake. Enjoy yourselves, pull for your team, be safe.

Go Spurs!

Budkin
05-16-2007, 01:46 PM
Fuck Yeah! Go Spurs Go!

LuvBones
05-16-2007, 01:46 PM
Damn am I excited about this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let the countdown begin!!!!!!!!!!!!

clambake
05-16-2007, 01:48 PM
2 are gone. where should the countdown begin?

LuvBones
05-16-2007, 01:50 PM
2 are gone. where should the countdown begin?
Countdown to gametime.. you know... when our team plays! Oh wait, your team is out... nevermind.

clambake
05-16-2007, 01:53 PM
Suns team is out too. But that was the plan.

No matter how hard you polish that trophy, the stain still remains.

MoSpur
05-16-2007, 01:54 PM
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k210/rtfunshots/atw13.jpg

That looks scary.

marini martini
05-16-2007, 02:03 PM

No matter how hard you polish that trophy, the stain still remains.For the love of God, will you please pull your head out of you azz :donkey

violentkitten
05-16-2007, 02:05 PM
so the spurs will still have 4 trophies in the case while the mavs have zip. thanks for playing.

clambake
05-16-2007, 02:07 PM
The sooner you get used to the stench of this title, the better. It will never go away, it will always be in your face, it will be impossible to defend, you'll just be fooling yourselves.

It's exactly like dirks MVP. Unearned in the end.

ChumpDumper
05-16-2007, 02:07 PM

No matter how hard you polish that trophy, the stain still remains.Actually, the plan was to get the whole Suns bench suspended by having Horry suspend himself for two games. It was only 20% effective.

ChumpDumper
05-16-2007, 02:08 PM
The sooner you get used to the stench of this title, the better. It will never go away, it will always be in your face, it will be impossible to defend, you'll just be fooling yourselves.

It's exactly like dirks MVP. Unearned in the end.Nah, this will be the best one yet.

clambake
05-16-2007, 02:09 PM
Hey chump.

I don't mean half this shit, just the part that will never go away.

ChumpDumper
05-16-2007, 02:10 PM
I know you don't mean any of it.

Dirk had a good year.

LuvBones
05-16-2007, 02:10 PM

I hope so! it looks OH SO BEAUTIFUL. Really... you should see it.

Haha, it's so funny trying to "taint" a championship. It's like money.. no matter how dirty it is people will still want it. The value will not go down one bit and when the Spurs win it all it will feel just as sweet as the other 3... maybe sweeter.

clambake
05-16-2007, 02:13 PM
See what happens? I try to be nice and some asshole won't admit any guilt.

smells, this trophy.

samikeyp
05-16-2007, 02:14 PM
As one who supports the Mavs...how would you know what a championship trophy smells like?

Spurs Dynasty 21
05-16-2007, 02:15 PM
Spurs got this ish.

Believe

Spurs got this

if they lose tonight, they don't deserve to be in the NBA

clambake
05-16-2007, 02:18 PM
I have smell-a-vision. And I detect a future odor soon to be arriving in SA.

MadDog73
05-16-2007, 02:23 PM
I have smell-a-vision. And I detect a future odor soon to be arriving in SA.

Let me know when you are coming so I can close the windows.

spurschick
05-16-2007, 02:30 PM
"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."

:flag:

timmydidit
05-16-2007, 02:56 PM
"It's time to nut up and realize that this sport is about winning. Second place is for losers, whiners and mavericks".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lmao@ that

and well said lets do this

SpurOutofTownFan
05-16-2007, 03:08 PM
Spurs need to put them down hard from the very beginning and get to the end of the game with enough difference. They need to hit them with the hammer so they don't recover. Period. Blast them. Show them the Spurs win playing Basketball and that's it. When this game is over and the Spurs take the lead for good, all that happened in game 4 will be forgotten. Do it and get over with it.

dbreiden83080
05-16-2007, 03:09 PM

If and only if the Spurs get the title this year what you are saying is bullshit because if it was reversed no way would you agree with that. If Tim Duncan was gone and you guys got bye us in a series and won the title you would never want to hear from any Spurs fan that your title means less than it normally would.

TampaDude
05-16-2007, 03:12 PM
Fuck yeah...WE GOT THIS...BOOK IT!!!

GO SPURS GO!!!

ATXSPUR
05-16-2007, 03:16 PM
Its funny...these mavs and suns and everyone else trolls actually think they can make the Spurs feel guilty.

timvp
05-17-2007, 05:02 AM
Game 6 is going to be the toughest game of the series. Do not get overconfident now.

This series has just begun.

biba
05-17-2007, 05:26 AM
SPURS UNITED and ready for game 6 !!!

GO SPURS GO !

http://www.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/photos/030127-O-9999J-022.jpg