PDA

View Full Version : Why I don't feel so good about Game 5

GhostofAlfrederickHughes
05-16-2007, 08:42 AM
(1) Teams tend to close ranks around the loss of their best players.
(2) Nash is capable of picking up the scoring slack. I see him going for 30+.
(3) Suns are angry, feel they've been hosed....doesn't matter that that's in the eye of the beholder. It just is what it is.

Bottom line is this has all the looks of last year's Dallas series. Phoenix had everything EXCEPT the psychological edge going in. First, they broke the "spell" of losing on their homecourt in Game 2. Now, they've broken through with the Spurs' Game 5 collapse.

Here's how it plays out: Spurs will lose, probably by 10+ points. They'll regroup in S.A. and win Game 6, but will fall again in another disheartening Game 7.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think we're history.

romain.star
05-16-2007, 08:45 AM
the good news is i feel the same way... but i'm always wrong so keep on hoping dude

Jimcs50
(3) Suns are angry, feel they've been hosed....doesn't matter that that's in the eye of the beholder. It just is what it is.

Bottom line is this has all the looks of last year's Dallas series. Phoenix had everything EXCEPT the psychological edge going in. First, they broke the "spell" of losing on their homecourt in Game 2. Now, they've broken through with the Spurs' Game 5 collapse.

Here's how it plays out: Spurs will lose, probably by 10+ points. They'll regroup in S.A. and win Game 6, but will fall again in another disheartening Game 7.

The game will be close, I'd say 2-3 points, but I see Spurs winning. Game 6 however will be Spurs blowout, to end it.

gospursgooo
You worry too much!

SpurYank
05-16-2007, 08:53 AM
I'm with you on this. I have that sick feeling that the Suns will rise to the occasion and the Spurs will be threatened by what looks to be a very angry crowd. I hope they have planned to have a lot of security people arouind. Not good. If there is a game 7, the same atmosphere will be in evidence.

Come to think of it, except for the final 5 to 6 minutes of Monday's game, this series looked like it was going all of five games. While everyone thinks all is lost for the Suns, the opposite may now happen. The suspensions can prove to be to the advantage of the Suns. Mentally, the Spurs are hurting. And the Suns fans will remind them of this every minute of tonight's game.

Out here in the "world," the hatred against the Spurs is mounting. Too bad. They don't deserve all the venom spewing out here.

Russ
05-16-2007, 08:55 AM
Most teams don't recover from a meltdown like the Spurs had in Game 4. It can even carry over to the next season(s) (see Dallas). That's why tonight's game is so critical -- the demon must be exorcized quickly if at all.

My gut doesn't feel too good about this game or series. But it's notoriously unreliable. :spin

Amare_32
05-16-2007, 08:57 AM

Your kidding right? I will be shocked if the Suns win tonight. Not impossible but not likely to happen. However I think the Suns take Game 6.

johngateswhiteley
05-16-2007, 09:00 AM
I'm with you on this. I have that sick feeling that the Suns will rise to the occasion and the Spurs will be threatened by what looks to be a very angry crowd. I hope they have planned to have a lot of security people arouind. Not good.

The suspensions can prove to be to the advantage of the Suns. Mentally, the Spurs are hurting. And the Suns fans will remind them of this every minute of tonight's game.

what the hell are you talking about? you must think the Spurs are a bunch of pussies? ...cause if they feel threatened by a crowd ( :lol ) or are mentally hurting ( :lol ) , they shouldn't even be in the NBA.

...give me a break.

violentkitten
05-16-2007, 09:05 AM
playing with vengeance on your mind sets you up to try too hard and perhaps to do something stupid. playing because you are mad at yourself for a bad performance in the last game focuses the mind on detail and what it takes to play well. bell is the perfect candidate to let his emotions get the best of him and do something really stupid tonight. duncan is the perfect candidate to go for 40 tonight.

MadDog73
05-16-2007, 09:09 AM
I'm more worried of retaliation, like kitten above me, I think Bell will hurt a Spurs player.

I guess then we'd stop being the "dirty" team... :rolleyes

degenerate_gambler
05-16-2007, 09:12 AM
Most teams don't recover from a meltdown like the Spurs had in Game 4. It can even carry over to the next season(s) (see Dallas). That's why tonight's game is so critical -- the demon must be exorcized quickly if at all.

dude, they fucked up the last 6 minutes of one game that tied up a series 2-2. that's all...

there's no demons to exorcise, no meltdown carryover that will scar them into next year...

dont be so dramatic.

SAGambler
05-16-2007, 09:15 AM
So give Nash 30....hell, give him 40.....

Now who is going to score the other 60 or 70???

They lose probably 20 - 30 on Amare and probably 12 or so on Diaw.

Who is going to make this up?

I know what you are saying about "teams getting up during tough times", but I just don't see the Suns winning with 2 pieces of their puzzle missing.

Who is going to give the starters rest periods?

This game is the Spurs to lose. Only they can do that.

FromWayDowntown
05-16-2007, 09:15 AM
I have a lot of concerns about tonight's game as well. If the Suns go small -- and it would seem to me that they have to -- I don't know that the Spurs will be able to deal with that very effectively.

violentkitten
05-16-2007, 09:18 AM
I have a lot of concerns about tonight's game as well. If the Suns go small -- and it would seem to me that they have to -- I don't know that the Spurs will be able to deal with that very effectively.

i'm not so sure. d'antoni will probably stick with thomas on duncan since he's likely to view that as what has made this a series.

L.I.T
05-16-2007, 09:19 AM
Unfortunately, that's what they've been doing all season and playoffs long. Losing games they shouldn't.

Anyway, Spurs have struggled in small ball, but I think the recent play of Barry bodes well for todays game.

Darkwaters
I think the Spurs win tonight in the close game. But when Amare comes back in game 6 he'll be mad and confused. The dude already gets tons of stupid fouls. He'll be on the pine most of the night sulking away. Spurs win in 6.

Amare_32
i'm not so sure. d'antoni will probably stick with thomas on duncan since he's likely to view that as what has made this a series.

But without Amare he might have to put Marion on Tim which would likely mean some double teaming. If he does put Marion on Duncan who gets Parker?

violentkitten
05-16-2007, 09:20 AM
But without Amare he might have to put Marion on Tim which would likely mean some double teaming. If he does put Marion on Duncan who gets Parker?

the canadian

L.I.T
05-16-2007, 09:21 AM

If I'm a Suns fan, I'm hoping Banks earns his contract tonight. The other options (Rose and Piatkowski) are basically shooters at this stage of their careers; and neither has been known as a defensive anything.

MisterWhodat
05-16-2007, 09:24 AM
LOL, he can't cover Tony!

romain.star
05-16-2007, 09:24 AM
don't forget the suns reached the Western conference final without Amare... they know how to play without him

Amare_32
05-16-2007, 09:26 AM
the canadian

All due respect to Nash I rather see Bell or Marion on Parker. Let Nash guard the likes of Bowen or Vaughn.

Capt Bringdown
05-16-2007, 09:32 AM

I hope your wrong too, and I feel the same way. The game 4 collapse was shocking. Heading into the 4th quarter, I thought the Spurs might have turned the corner in this postseason. Suddenly we pissed it all away, and I felt like we might be toast.

All's I know is I can't take another 2nd round game 7 exit. Maybe the searing pain of that memory will push the Spurs through.

DarrinS
05-16-2007, 09:34 AM
All due respect to Nash I rather see Bell or Marion on Parker. Let Nash guard the likes of Bowen or Vaughn.

No shit. Nash on Parker is a joke. Marion will guard TP.