PDA

View Full Version : Sarver "The team that plays dirty should not be rewarded"

ducks
05-16-2007, 08:57 AM
Sarver "The team that plays dirty should not be rewarded"

Speaking specifically about the Horry-Nash incident, Suns owner Robert Sarver told reporters in Phoenix on Tuesday night: "The way this worked out for us, it was, I believe, extremely unfair. . . . The team that plays dirty should not be rewarded and the team that plays fair should not be penalized."

Sarver added that the "first thing on my agenda" for next season will be making a push at ownership level to have the leave-the-bench rule re-examined. Sarver also said that NBA commissioner David Stern has canceled a schedule appearance in Phoenix for Wednesday night's Game 5.

Jackson said the league would consider re-evaluating the policy for next season "if a change is warranted" but insisted that "right now that line is very clear."

"The rule is the rule," Jackson said.

"It's not a matter of fairness. It's a matter of correctness."

Jackson added: "The purpose of the rule is to prevent the escalation of these types of incidents and in turn protect the health and safety of our players and diminish the chance of serious injury [for] our players."

All three of the suspended players, according to Jackson, have the right to appeal their suspensions at the end of the season to perhaps retrieve lost salary, but there is no appeal process that could restore eligibility in time for Wednesday's tipoff.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playof...ory?id=2871615

violentkitten
05-16-2007, 08:58 AM
maybe he needs to scan the team payroll and realize that raja bell is on his team.

ducks
05-16-2007, 09:00 AM
Sarver also said that NBA commissioner David Stern has canceled a schedule appearance in Phoenix for Wednesday night's Game 5.

sun fans would kill him

violentkitten
05-16-2007, 09:01 AM
sun fan seems to possess a weird sense of entitlement and angst. maybe it starts from the top down.

Lebowski Brickowski
05-16-2007, 09:01 AM
Spurs are not being rewarded. The Suns are being punished for breaking the rules. . Too bad for you, Sarver, that it wasn't two scrubs that jumped up like thugs wanting to get into a brawl.

Quit the crying already.

CosmicCowboy
05-16-2007, 09:02 AM
LMAO. Stern cancelled? Now THAT's funny!

Kevin Blackistone
05-16-2007, 09:02 AM
No wonder the organization is nothing but a bunch of bitches and whiners.

Sarver - instead of blaming the league and the rule, blame the fucking idiots on your team who broke the rule. I bet this guy would blame a rape victim for getting raped because she was wearing a short skirt and obviously deserved to be raped. He should be strung up and beaten San Antonio Pinata style.

L.I.T
05-16-2007, 09:03 AM
Maybe Stern will let them play if you chicken-dance for him. Bitch.

Amare_32
05-16-2007, 09:04 AM
I am done with this issue. I said my piece and over my frustration with the ruling. Hopefully the Suns win if not Amare will be back in Game 6.

steppy
05-16-2007, 09:04 AM
Is going to walk into the league office doing his chicken routine?

CosmicCowboy
05-16-2007, 09:05 AM
I wonder if Sarver will donate the same amount as his fine to a charity like Cuban does.

Stern doesn't like it when owners go public with criticism of the league.

LilMissSPURfect
05-16-2007, 09:06 AM

Sarver - instead of blaming the league and the rule, blame the fucking idiots on your team who broke the rule. I bet this guy would blame a rape victim for getting raped because she was wearing a short skirt and obviously deserved to be raped. He should be strung up and beaten San Antonio Pinata style.

:clap

FromWayDowntown
05-16-2007, 09:09 AM
Having seen the replay again this morning, I don't really see how the Suns can argue that Stoudemire was doing anything other than trying to get involved in the altercation. He might have been running to check on Nash, but he clearly makes a move towards Horry, but gets restrained.

Stu Jackson, on Mike and Mike this morning, said that the suspensions struck him as a no-brainer when he initially saw the play. His point was that Stoudemire and Diaw strayed more than 20-25 feet from the bench. He also argued that had the incident occurred across the floor, Stoudemire and Diaw's movement would have put them well onto the floor and there would have been no question about whether they should be suspended. I don't necessarily buy the extension argument he made, but I can see his point that 20-25 feet from the bench is easily beyond the immediate vicinity of the bench, and that the league really had no wiggle room to do anything with Stoudemire and Diaw but suspend them.

I guess the point is that the Suns have only themselves to blame for losing their poise, even if the Spurs played dirty. Had Stoudemire and Diaw not responded -- had they just maintained their poise as the rule requires -- the punishments would have gone entirely against the Spurs.

Jackson also said that the dispositive factor with regard to the Duncan part of the equation (on Elson's dunk) was that there was no altercation.

Findog
05-16-2007, 09:18 AM
Why not just roll the suspensions over to the next regular season? Punish guys for breaking rules, fine, or suspend them immediately for landing punches, but why should this affect the potential outcome of a playoff series?

If you truly care about your product, why wreck a great series because Amare and Diaw wandered 20 feet away from their bench?

Mr. Peabody
05-16-2007, 09:20 AM
Why not just roll the suspensions over to the next regular season? Punish guys for breaking rules, fine, or suspend them immediately for landing punches, but why should this affect the potential outcome of a playoff series?

If you truly care about your product, why wreck a great series because Amare and Diaw wandered 20 feet away from their bench?

Then guys could do as they wish in the playoffs, knowing that their suspensions won't take place until the start of the season in much less-meaningful games.

cheguevara
05-16-2007, 09:21 AM

yes the series is wrecked. But Amare and Diaw's dumbasses wrecked it.

Findog
05-16-2007, 09:21 AM
Then guys could do as they wish in the playoffs, knowing that their suspensions won't take place until the start of the season in much less-meaningful games.

Do as they wish? A good rule of thumb would be to suspend guys immediately if they land punches, but in the case of Amare and Diaw, no harm, no foul. They can still be punished next November.

Kevin Blackistone
05-16-2007, 09:22 AM

that's the stupidest thing I've read in the last 20 minutes, and that's saying a lot. You just shamed yourself, go to your room and say 10 hail mary's and make sure to pray for Dirk's mental recovery.

Findog
05-16-2007, 09:22 AM

And Horry as well for carrying out the Code Red.

violentkitten
05-16-2007, 09:23 AM
fuck bending the rules to accomodate stars who can't follow them. that goes on enough in pro sports and to a more general extent, in our society. you don't want players coming off the bench when there is a fight so that such a situation can be contained and controlled. especially in the playoffs when emotions are raised.

Findog
05-16-2007, 09:23 AM
that's the stupidest thing I've read in the last 20 minutes, and that's saying a lot. You just shamed yourself, go to your room and say 10 hail mary's and make sure to pray for Dirk's mental recovery.

No response to a well-reasoned argument, other than to acknowledge you're out of ammo by saying "That's stupid." Look in the mirror, please.

L.I.T
05-16-2007, 09:24 AM
Having seen the replay again this morning, I don't really see how the Suns can argue that Stoudemire was doing anything other than trying to get involved in the altercation. He might have been running to check on Nash, but he clearly makes a move towards Horry, but gets restrained.

Stu Jackson, on Mike and Mike this morning, said that the suspensions struck him as a no-brainer when he initially saw the play. His point was that Stoudemire and Diaw strayed more than 20-25 feet from the bench. He also argued that had the incident occurred across the floor, Stoudemire and Diaw's movement would have put them well onto the floor and there would have been no question about whether they should be suspended. I don't necessarily buy the extension argument he made, but I can see his point that 20-25 feet from the bench is easily beyond the immediate vicinity of the bench, and that the league really had no wiggle room to do anything with Stoudemire and Diaw but suspend them.

I guess the point is that the Suns have only themselves to blame for losing their poise, even if the Spurs played dirty. Had Stoudemire and Diaw not responded -- had they just maintained their poise as the rule requires -- the punishments would have gone entirely against the Spurs.

Jackson also said that the dispositive factor with regard to the Duncan part of the equation (on Elson's dunk) was that there was no altercation.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, if they hadn't stepped past the coaches box they'd still be playing. Since they broke that seal, the NBA had no choice.

CosmicCowboy

Punishment is supposed to be a deterrent. Allowing the suspensions to be rolled over to a meaningless season opener game would negate the fact that the league is extremely image conscious and does not tolerate fighting and on court post play altercations...Especially on national TV...

BacktoBasics
Stern has always been an egotistical dickless fuck.

Kevin Blackistone
Do as they wish? A good rule of thumb would be to suspend guys immediately if they land punches, but in the case of Amare and Diaw, no harm, no foul. They can still be punished next November.

Seriously, the rule is in place to keep combatants on the bench from charging the court as well as keep peace keepers on the bench from being mistaken as combatants and retaliated against. If you lessen the punishment, people won't take it seriously. The rule is fine as is, and 99.9% of the NBA has no problem following it. When was the last time this was an issue in a playoff game? Stoudemire and Diaw are just that stupid.

MadDog73

The series is not wrecked. At most, one game is wrecked.

Suns still can win game 6 and 7...

shit, Suns can win tonight! Nash will be playing like a maniac, and the PHX crowd will be ready to rumble.

infinite styles
05-16-2007, 09:25 AM
I was talking to my friend last night about this whole thing and I was like, nobody has a problem with rules until they get caught breaking them. That goes for everything in life. Nobody really complained about this rule when 12th men and bench warmers were losing one game salaries because of it, but now that two key players of a contender get 1 gamers for it its all of a sudden the worst rule in the league.

Everybody knew about this rule and it was no big secret. I can recall numerous times in games when commentators (including Kerr) would talk about how this rule has helped to keep fights down in the NBA and made it a lot better for the safety of the players. So I don't feel sorry for people when they bitch and moan about it now. For the record I like the rule but think it needs a little more room for interpretation and not be so iron-clad. But I don't agree with all the complaining now when you probably wouldn't have complained about it if it was Burke and Piatkowski running on the court and nobody would have asked that the rule be changed. Everybody would have went about their business calling the Spurs dirty and loving their life.

Kevin Blackistone
No response to a well-reasoned argument, other than to acknowledge you're out of ammo by saying "That's stupid." Look in the mirror, please.
I'm sure you've ready my last post by now and are rescinding this one as we speak...

CubanMustGo

Because the infraction was committed in the playoffs, the penalty must be in the playoffs. Otherwise you get things like players taking out other players b/c they know they don't get penalized until the regular season when WGAF.

(that said I don't agree with ANY of the suspensions)

Findog
05-16-2007, 09:26 AM
fuck bending the rules to accomodate stars who can't follow them. that goes on enough in pro sports and to a more general extent, in our society. you don't want players coming off the bench when there is a fight so that such a situation can be contained and controlled. especially in the playoffs when emotions are raised.

No harm, no foul. Better to punish acts of violence after the fact that permanently alter the complexion of a series.

FromWayDowntown
05-16-2007, 09:26 AM

I'd take part of this ruling to be the league's unwillingness to cave into the notion of ignoring its own rules for purposes of putting on a better show.

It would have been very easy for the league to say that Stoudemire and Diaw are too important to the Suns and that it would affect the overall quality of the NBA product if each was suspended. Of course, a counterpoint to such an argument is the argument that the quality of the NBA product is compromised when the league makes exceptions for star players because they're star players (see, e.g, complaining about D. Wade, 2006 NBA Finals).

This is a rule that has always been enforced in this manner. Had the league done anything differently here, there would have been all sorts of reasonable cries from some corners that the league was playing favorites and making the very sorts of exceptions that lead to concerns about conspiracies.

Even as a Spurs fan, I wish that there had been some basis to diminish the punishment for Stoudemire and Diaw. But, the exception that would have been created would have been untenable on a going-forward basis because, really, the question about whether these guys left the bench area wasn't a very difficult one.

Kevin Blackistone
05-16-2007, 09:27 AM
now that was the stupidest thing I've read in the last 20 minutes. You're somehow finding a way to top yourself, keep it up.

ducks
05-16-2007, 09:27 AM
starver did not have a problem with it last year
when aj's wife and sun fan went at it and dallas's 12 man went up to her rescue and got kicked out

Findog
05-16-2007, 09:30 AM
Punishment is supposed to be a deterrent. Allowing the suspensions to be rolled over to a meaningless season opener game would negate the fact that the league is extremely image conscious and does not tolerate fighting and on court post play altercations...Especially on national TV...

If the League is extremely image conscious then they wouldn't decide a playoff series in the commisioner's office. They wouldn't institute a felony punishment for a misdemeanor offense. Amare and Diaw broke a rule, fine. Let them sit out their season opener for 07-08. But don't tell me that Stern and Jackson had this scenario in mind when they crafted it as a response to Pacers-Pistons. The correct thing to do would've been to say "Wow! We never anticipated a situation like this when we instituted this rule, and to be fair, it's helped the referees keep order. But we can't in good conscience continue to enforce it in such an ironclad manner."

Kevin Blackistone
05-16-2007, 09:30 AM
I'd take part of this ruling to be the league's unwillingness to cave into the notion of ignoring its own rules for purposes of putting on a better show.

That is the best way to put it IMO, and I wish I had said it that way. I'm glad the NBA at least took one stance towards the integrity of the game and not just towards "sports entertainment".

FromWayDowntown
05-16-2007, 09:31 AM
No harm, no foul. Better to punish acts of violence after the fact that permanently alter the complexion of a series.

So wait until there's an injury, rather than taking affirmative steps to prevent that possibility?

I'll steal this from another source I read this morning, but with the rules as they are, it's relatively easy to avoid larger fights. The three officials can usually take care of the 2 combatants and, at the very least, there are only 8 other players to be concerned with. There are no extra guys flying in from out of the play with the opportunity to Rudy T someone who wasn't accounting for him. It makes sense that the league wants to keep fighting to a minimum and it makes sense that one way to do that is to limit the number of potential combatants.

With that said, the league will undoubtedly change the rule this summer and the rule change will, almost undoubtedly, incorporate some determination of intent to become involved in the altercation. But, still, that allows for some proactive effort to avoid 24-player fights and to punish those who intend to become involved in the fight. It's better to prevent than to simply punish, I think.

Findog
now that was the stupidest thing I've read in the last 20 minutes. You're somehow finding a way to top yourself, keep it up.

"I can't make an argument, so I'll just resort to ad hominem attacks."

You keep that up, and from this point forward, I'll just ignore you, since you have nothing to add to the conversation. HAND.

ducks
again then players would break the rule all the time in the playoffs
knowing they would get punished in game one of 82

Kevin Blackistone
05-16-2007, 09:32 AM
If the League is extremely image conscious then they wouldn't decide a playoff series in the commisioner's office. They wouldn't institute a felony punishment for a misdemeanor offense. Amare and Diaw broke a rule, fine. Let them sit out their season opener for 07-08. But don't tell me that Stern and Jackson had this scenario in mind when they crafted it as a response to Pacers-Pistons. The correct thing to do would've been to say "Wow! We never anticipated a situation like this when we instituted this rule, and to be fair, it's helped the referees keep order. But we can't in good conscience continue to enforce it in such an ironclad manner."

So what happens when the next time Stoudemire runs out on the court to actually see if Nash is OK and get's leveled by TD who thinks Stoudemire is running up on him and he therefore acts in self defense? You think the league wants to deal with that shit? That's why the punishment is strict, because the possible outcomes of letting people rush the court are really bad.

Kevin Blackistone
05-16-2007, 09:33 AM
"I can't make an argument, so I'll just resort to ad hominem attacks."

You keep that up, and from this point forward, I'll just ignore you, since you have nothing to add to the conversation. HAND.

Are you reading my posts? I am adding to the conversation, I'm just taking the time to fuck with you as well.

Findog
Seriously, the rule is in place to keep combatants on the bench from charging the court as well as keep peace keepers on the bench from being mistaken as combatants and retaliated against. If you lessen the punishment, people won't take it seriously. The rule is fine as is, and 99.9% of the NBA has no problem following it. When was the last time this was an issue in a playoff game? Stoudemire and Diaw are just that stupid.

Fine, if an infraction occurs during the playoffs, roll it over to the next regular season, where it's a 10 game suspension without salary, as opposed to one game and $35K.

violentkitten

better to allow a situation to escalate so that the probability of a significant player injury is increased? um, no.

FromWayDowntown
05-16-2007, 09:35 AM
Fine, if an infraction occurs during the playoffs, roll it over to the next regular season, where it's a 10 game suspension without salary, as opposed to one game and $35K.

But then you're punishing the same conduct very differently just because of when it occurs.

It's funny to me that after years of hearing fans scream for consistency from the league, those same fans are now upset because the league is actually being consistent in its application of a rule that has always been enforced in this manner.

violentkitten
05-16-2007, 09:37 AM
But then you're punishing the same conduct very differently just because of when it occurs.

It's funny to me that after years of hearing fans scream for consistency from the league, those same fans are now upset because the league is actually being consistent in its application of a rule that has always been enforced in this manner.

yeah no shit. i guess a +15 FT disparity or whatever it was in game 4 gives one a sense of entitlement.

Findog
05-16-2007, 09:38 AM
So what happens when the next time Stoudemire runs out on the court to actually see if Nash is OK and get's leveled by TD who thinks Stoudemire is running up on him and he therefore acts in self defense?

I have no problem with fining and suspending guys for leaving the bench, but if it occurs during a playoff series, roll it over to the regular season and give it some teeth with regard to more games to sit out and more money to fork over. The rule has been beneficial in helping the refs keep order, but Stern and Jackson couldn't have anticipated a situation such as this when they implemented it. They need to give themselves a certain degree of flexibility in meting out punishments, because by following precedent, they have swung the series to the Spurs over a sequence that was initiated by an Horry cheapshot.

If I care about my product, I'm not going to diminish it.

Kevin Blackistone
05-16-2007, 09:38 AM

That takes away all of the consistency in how the rule is enforced because you're making allowances for when the violation occurs.

Make it a 50 game suspension and all lost salary is directly deposited into my bank account and you have a deal.

Findog
05-16-2007, 09:40 AM

There are no good alternatives here: Enforce the rule here with consistency and you've degraded your oncourt product. Or acknowledge this is a fucked up situation and from here on out, grant yourself a degree of flexibility in meting out punishment. I'd say the latter is preferable.

Kevin Blackistone
05-16-2007, 09:41 AM
I have no problem with fining and suspending guys for leaving the bench, but if it occurs during a playoff series, roll it over to the regular season and give it some teeth with regard to more games to sit out and more money to fork over. The rule has been beneficial in helping the refs keep order, but Stern and Jackson couldn't have anticipated a situation such as this when they implemented it. They need to give themselves a certain degree of flexibility in meting out punishments, because by following precedent, they have swung the series to the Spurs over a sequence that was initiated by an Horry cheapshot.

If I care about my product, I'm not going to diminish it.

That's actually a good argument, but I still think you have to punish the player when the violation occurs. In your argument, what happens to Horry in the event he retires after this season? There would be no next year to give him a 10 gamer.

CosmicCowboy
05-16-2007, 09:41 AM
It's a zero tolerance rule. For better or worse, Stern was brought in to clean up the NBA and create a product that appeals to wealthy conservative middle age guys because thats where the money is. There was a time that most of you don't even remember when the NBA's image was that the players were coke snorting thugs and ratings and TV money were going down the tubes. "Middle class" viewers were deserting the NBA in droves. They spend years and millions on creating a squeaky clean image for their players and their "work in the community" and they don't want the public to see their "good citizens" slugging away at each other at center court on national TV.

Get over it.

MadDog73
05-16-2007, 09:42 AM
Findog:

Are you suggesting changes to rule for the future, or changing the rule now?

Because the NBA can't change the punishment now. But your ideas are interesting, if they want to make the rule more complex.

I think Stern likes the simplicity of it, so there's no room to argue: You leave the bench, you're out. No IFs, ANDs, or BUTs.

Findog
05-16-2007, 09:43 AM
That's actually a good argument, but I still think you have to punish the player when the violation occurs. In your argument, what happens to Horry in the event he retires after this season? There would be no next year to give him a 10 gamer.

Dock the funds from his retirement pension.

jmard5
05-16-2007, 09:45 AM
Sarver added that the "first thing on my agenda" for next season will be making a push at ownership level to have the leave-the-bench rule re-examined.

Re-examine the rules because they did not benefit the Suns? Go ahead and bend the rules. All the NBA need is another bench clearing all-out brawl.

Spider TX
05-16-2007, 09:46 AM

And you are just that much of a douchebag! You have shown it over and over with all your comments. Spurs fans should be ashamed that you are ACTING like a fellow fan right now and trying to be on their side.

Kevin Blackistone
05-16-2007, 09:46 AM
Dock the funds from his retirement pension.

That doesn't do anything to compensate for the time lost, just the money.

MadDog73
05-16-2007, 09:48 AM
And you are just that much of a douchebag! You have shown it over and over with all your comments. Spurs fans should be ashamed that you are ACTING like a fellow fan right now and trying to be on their side.

Actually, Suns fans should be ashamed of blaming the Spurs for the stupidity of Amare and Diaw....

Spider TX
05-16-2007, 09:48 AM
Are you reading my posts? I am adding to the conversation, I'm just taking the time to fuck with you as well.

You have yet to add anything constructive to any conversation in the last 3 days. You are worthless, but it's all in keeping with your name, because he is extremely worthless as a reporter/analyst as well.

MadDog73
05-16-2007, 09:51 AM
You have yet to add anything constructive to any conversation in the last 3 days. You are worthless, but it's all in keeping with your name, because he is extremely worthless as a reporter/analyst as well.

Kettle, meet Pot.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/search.php?searchid=340809

All you do is slam other posters. Give it a rest.

Spider TX
05-16-2007, 09:51 AM
Actually, Suns fans should be ashamed of blaming the Spurs for the stupidity of Amare and Diaw....

You act like that was a stupid move when they were going to check on the REAL MVP of the league. Yeah is wasn't thought out when they got up, but take out the small guy who is the best player on any team, and I GUARANTEE players get up and do the same thing every time. If you don't think so, you are an idiot as well.

I blame the childish Robert Horry for all of this. If he wasn't throwing this little fit about his team falling apart at the end, he doesn't lay that cheap shot out on Nash, but instead, he still has never grown up as a man and does it anyway, because he can't handle when is team choked.

Findog
05-16-2007, 09:52 AM
Findog:

Are you suggesting changes to rule for the future, or changing the rule now?

I'm saying change it now. Why not? You think the player's union is gonna get upset over a unilateral move that benefits the players? The rule was put in with the best of intentions and it's largely worked, but this is a situation where the rule isn't doing anybody any good except the Spurs -- the Suns are punished more for a sequence they didn't start, the fans suffer for it, and the inflexibility of the punishment means you can't take into account the context -- Nash has that spinal condition and was hipchecked into the scorer's table right in front of the Phoenix bench. I think it's a perfectly natural reaction for Diaw and Amare to hop up and check on their floor leader. It's the playoffs, it's heightened intensity and emotion, you have to make allowances for that and take that into account. Neither of those guys did anything to escalate the situation. By keeping the rule intact but granting themselves flexibility in when and where to mete out the punishment, you can have the best of both worlds. For instance, when a violation of the bench rule occurs, the team can have a choice: Serve a 1 game suspension and get docked $35K right now, or roll it over to the next regular season, sit out 10 games and lose the salary for those games. If it had been Pat Burke, the Suns would no doubt elect to serve the suspension immediately. For Amare and Diaw, they would wait.

Spider TX
I have only slammed him, and maybe one others, but that's just because they are more clueless and idiotic than most others.

Kevin Blackistone
:lol I've added a level of intelligence to the board that has just been degraded by your presence. Just because your team didn't get let completely off the hook for breaking the rules doesn't mean I'm not stating the truth.

$1000 says this idiots IP is from Arizona.

George Gervin's Afro
05-16-2007, 09:53 AM
You act like that was a stupid move when they were going to check on the REAL MVP of the league. Yeah is wasn't thought out when they got up, but take out the small guy who is the best player on any team, and I GUARANTEE players get up and do the same thing every time. If you don't think so, you are an idiot as well.

I blame the childish Robert Horry for all of this. If he wasn't throwing this little fit about his team falling apart at the end, he doesn't lay that cheap shot out on Nash, but instead, he still has never grown up as a man and does it anyway, because he can't handle when is team choked.

You blame Horry for your young stupid players running on to the court? Had they stayed Horry would have been done for 2 games.. Can't handle his team choking? And this coming from a franchise that has accomplished ZERO? :lol

ChumpDumper
05-16-2007, 09:53 AM
If the League is extremely image conscious then they wouldn't decide a playoff series in the commisioner's office. They wouldn't institute a felony punishment for a misdemeanor offense. Amare and Diaw broke a rule, fine. Let them sit out their season opener for 07-08. But don't tell me that Stern and Jackson had this scenario in mind when they crafted it as a response to Pacers-Pistons. The correct thing to do would've been to say "Wow! We never anticipated a situation like this when we instituted this rule, and to be fair, it's helped the referees keep order. But we can't in good conscience continue to enforce it in such an ironclad manner."Of course they anticipated this scenario when they crafted this rule -- and when they amended it. They drew and redrew the line and Amare and Boris knowingly crossed it, end of story. Your excuse making simply doesn't fly here.

Findog
05-16-2007, 09:54 AM
That doesn't do anything to compensate for the time lost, just the money.

I'd rather Horry get off scotfree than the Suns get punished in this situation. If it means that much to you for my proposed remedy to work that Horry gets punished somehow, someway even if he retires to escape a suspension, then that's my solution.

Kevin Blackistone
05-16-2007, 09:54 AM

This is Sig worthy for stupidity. Blame Robert Horry because he obviously walked over to the Suns bench, picked up Stoudemire and Diaw, and carried them on the court.

Take your externalist ass somewhere else and blame others for your own personal stupidity.

MadDog73
05-16-2007, 09:56 AM
I have only slammed him, and maybe one others, but that's just because they are more clueless and idiotic than most others.

"one others"?

Go back and read your posts. All you do is call Spurs fans "stupid" and "idiotic".

Your generalizations are worse than your arguments! :lol

Spider TX
You blame Horry for your young stupid players running on to the court? Had they stayed Horry would have been done for 2 games.. Can't handle his team choking? And this coming from a franchise that has accomplished ZERO? :lol

No I said I blame Horry for being the worthless, childish prick that he is and laying out the league's REAL MVP because he couldn't handle the situation. I blame the players for wanting to check on their own guy and making a mistake than anyone else on any team would have made.

You need to read closer next time so I do not need to repeat myself again.

ChumpDumper
I'd rather Horry get off scotfree than the Suns get punished in this situation.:lol

Kevin Blackistone
I'd rather Horry get off scotfree than the Suns get punished in this situation. If it means that much to you for my proposed remedy to work that Horry gets punished somehow, someway even if he retires to escape a suspension, then that's my solution.

Why don't you want the Suns to get punished for breaking the rules? Is it because they are playing the Spurs and not the Mavs? You can't let personal feelings dictate how you enforce the rules if you are the league. It has to be consistent no matter who the teams are.

leemajors

the rule has been effective because of how it has been enforced.

Findog
Of course they anticipated this scenario when they crafted this rule -- and when they amended it. They drew and redrew the line and Amare and Boris knowingly crossed it, end of story. Your excuse making simply doesn't fly here.

How did they anticipate this scenario?

And where did they redraw the line? I thought the League has been consistent on this: break the rule, it's a 1-gamer and $35K in lost funds.

Kevin Blackistone
05-16-2007, 09:57 AM
No I said I blame Horry for being the worthless, childish prick that he is and laying out the league's REAL MVP because he couldn't handle the situation. I blame the players for wanting to check on their own guy and making a mistake than anyone else on any team would have made.

Yet everyone else on the team didn't make the mistake. Only Stoudemire and Diaw.

You're done... NEXT!!

MadDog73

That's the silliest argument ever...

Yes, Amare is suddenly the team doctor and needs to check on Nash...

no, the only thing Amare needs to check is his emotional maturity.

Spider TX
This is Sig worthy for stupidity. Blame Robert Horry because he obviously walked over to the Suns bench, picked up Stoudemire and Diaw, and carried them on the court.

Take your externalist ass somewhere else and blame others for your own personal stupidity.

I'm not even sure why I respond to you because it gets me nowhere, but I put the blame for seperate aspects in multiple places.

Spider TX
05-16-2007, 09:59 AM
That's the silliest argument ever...

Yes, Amare is suddenly the team doctor and needs to check on Nash...

no, the only thing Amare needs to check is his emotional maturity.

No, you moron, every team would have players running up to their fallen guy had this happened to them, it's instinct. The fact that you think that nobody would ever go to him shows how little you know. And this response from you might actually be one of the worst I've ever seen.

Findog
05-16-2007, 09:59 AM
Why don't you want the Suns to get punished for breaking the rules?

I do want them to get punished -- I don't see it as a problem to roll it over to 07/08. As a basketball fan, I want to watch two of the three best remaining teams go at it fullstrength.

Is it because they are playing the Spurs and not the Mavs?

For what it's worth, I am actually rooting for San Antonio in this series. And this makes it easier for the Spurs to advance. I just wish they had to do it with Phoenix at full-strength. You have little to no margin for error in a series against San Antonio. In a deadlocked series, you can't afford to give the Spurs a game.

ChumpDumper
05-16-2007, 10:00 AM
How did they anticipate this scenario?When they amended the rule.
And where did they redraw the line?They changed the rule from "stay off the court, period" to "stay in the vicinity of the bench" after Patrick Ewing was suspended for having a foot partially on the court. So they have made their exceptions. The rule will not be rewritten again to allow a player to run 30 feet from the bench. That's stupid.

Kevin Blackistone
05-16-2007, 10:01 AM
I do want them to get punished -- I don't see it as a problem to roll it over to 07/08. As a basketball fan, I want to watch two of the three best remaining teams go at it fullstrength.

For what it's worth, I am actually rooting for San Antonio in this series. And this makes it easier for the Spurs to advance. I just wish they had to do it with Phoenix at full-strength. You have little to no margin for error in a series against San Antonio. In a deadlocked series, you can't afford to give the Spurs a game.

So in your scenario would you postpone all suspensions until the following season for any violation of the rules, or just the "running on the court" rule?

Kevin Blackistone
05-16-2007, 10:03 AM
No, you moron, every team would have players running up to their fallen guy had this happened to them, it's instinct. The fact that you think that nobody would ever go to him shows how little you know. And this response from you might actually be one of the worst I've ever seen.

take it from Spurs fans - the Spurs team sees Ginobili get cheap shotted and sprawled out on the court in virtually every game. Yet, not once has a Spurs player gotten up and ran on the court trying to start shit. I think if you really want to look at it, Bell started the confrontation by charging Horry. If he doesn't do that, you probably can't call that a confrontation and nobody would have been suspended.

Findog
05-16-2007, 10:03 AM
So in your scenario would you postpone all suspensions until the following season for any violation of the rules, or just the "running on the court" rule?

If a guy runs out onto the court and lands a punch, even if that guy happens to be your main guy and not a scrub, serve the suspension immediately. If a guy wanders 5 yards out onto the court and does nothing to escalate the situation, then what's the harm in letting him serve his suspension in November?

ChumpDumper
05-16-2007, 10:05 AM
"Wanders."

Yeah, Amare was just strolling about. He didn't even know there was a game being played.

Spider TX
05-16-2007, 10:06 AM
take it from Spurs fans - the Spurs team sees Ginobili get cheap shotted and sprawled out on the court in virtually every game. Yet, not once has a Spurs player gotten up and ran on the court trying to start shit. I think if you really want to look at it, Bell started the confrontation by charging Horry. If he doesn't do that, you probably can't call that a confrontation and nobody would have been suspended.

No, not once has a Spurs player ever gotten up because they know Ginobili is really only flopping and acting anyways. Any team he actually gets hit it is very warranted. And we all know TD doesnt have any fight in him anyway, so we would never have to worry about seeing him come off the bench, unless it was to complain with that dumbfounded look about something.

L.I.T
Doctors say you should take a 30 minute constitutional for your health.

Findog
"Wanders."

Yeah, Amare was just strolling about. He didn't even know there was a game being played.

He was checking on Nash. And did he do anything to escalate? Nope.

ChumpDumper
05-16-2007, 10:07 AM
He was checking on Nash.No, you said he was wandering about 5 feet. Why do you have to change your story?

Spider TX
05-16-2007, 10:07 AM
If a guy runs out onto the court and lands a punch, even if that guy happens to be your main guy and not a scrub, serve the suspension immediately. If a guy wanders 5 yards out onto the court and does nothing to escalate the situation, then what's the harm in letting him serve his suspension in November?

And that's probably what the amended rule will generally say. May not be worded and interpreted exactly like that, but when they redo it, it will most likely be close to this so no other team gets the shaft like the Suns again.

ChumpDumper
05-16-2007, 10:08 AM
There is no reason to amend the rule further. Players should be less stupid.

Findog
05-16-2007, 10:08 AM
I said "wandering" in a response to a hypothetical scenario about how and when I'd punish rules infractions that occur during a playoff series. You attached that phrase to Amare's actions, not me.

ChumpDumper
05-16-2007, 10:10 AM
I said "wandering" in a response to a hypothetical scenario about how and when I'd punish rules infractions that occur during a playoff series. You attached that phrase to Amare's actions, not me.So why bring up that scenario at all if it doesn't apply here?

Spider TX
There is no reason to amend the rule further. Players should be less stupid.

You don't get it though, the rule WILL BE amended, and you can bet anything you own on that fact.

Mr. Peabody
No, not once has a Spurs player ever gotten up because they know Ginobili is really only flopping and acting anyways. Any team he actually gets hit it is very warranted.

So, it's not just "warranted," it's "very warranted." :lol

travis2
05-16-2007, 10:11 AM
I think spiders actually have bigger brains than this guy...:lmao

Kevin Blackistone

It gets very dangerous (as in to the league's reputation as a fair sporting event) when you start allowing certain suspensions to occur next season but then others have to occur in the playoffs. That's not being fair or consistent, if the violation warrants a suspension it should be served immediately.

L.I.T
You don't get it though, the rule WILL BE amended, and you can bet anything you own on that fact.

I don't think it's Spurs fans having trouble understanding rules.

Spider TX
05-16-2007, 10:12 AM
Nobody cares to go check on a guy when all he is really doing is flopping. They know he's fine and just trying to serve his only purpose.

Findog
05-16-2007, 10:13 AM
So why bring up that scenario at all if it doesn't apply here?

Who said it doesn't apply? You're simply picking nits over a word you believe I used to describe Amare's actions. I take it you object to somehow characterizing his actions in leaving the bench as nonchalant, which "wandering" would imply.

ChumpDumper
You don't get it though, the rule WILL BE amended, and you can bet anything you own on that fact.Why? What would the wording for that be. There is enough ambiguity in the rule now to actually make exceptions. Amare and Boris simply went far outside that boundary.

So you're new rule will say "Players can run 20 feet onto the floor during an altercation if ____________"

Please fill in the blank for all of us.

Kevin Blackistone
No, not once has a Spurs player ever gotten up because they know Ginobili is really only flopping and acting anyways. Any team he actually gets hit it is very warranted. And we all know TD doesnt have any fight in him anyway, so we would never have to worry about seeing him come off the bench, unless it was to complain with that dumbfounded look about something.

HAHA, that's fucking great. TD has no fight in him... damn you are one dumb ass fuck. Wait... Come on, surely you're just a bored ass who's trolling, nobody could be as stupid as you seem.

ChumpDumper
05-16-2007, 10:14 AM
Who said it doesn't apply?
You attached that phrase to Amare's actions, not me.So, now you are attaching that phrase to Amare's actions.

Take a time out and come back when you make up your mind.

longrod
05-16-2007, 10:15 AM
So the Suns owner is a whiner too. Anyone surprised?

Findog
05-16-2007, 10:16 AM
Take a time out and come back when you make up your mind

Same to you. You're just being argumentative for the sake of being argumentative. If you want to argue a peripheral point, be my guest.

Spider TX
HAHA, that's fucking great. TD has no fight in him... damn you are one dumb ass fuck. Wait... Come on, surely you're just a bored ass who's trolling, nobody could be as stupid as you seem.

TD is a big damn softy! Nobody in the NBA is possibly intimidated by him coming at them. The only intimidation he has on anyone else is that damn bank shot that never misses, but physically, he is nothing to ever worry about.

monosylab1k
So the Suns owner is a whiner too. Anyone surprised?

Sarver is a bigger whiny douchebag than Mark Cuban. He just didn't play Jenga on national TV so nobody gives a shit about him.

shelshor
05-16-2007, 10:17 AM
The rule wasn't enacted as a response to the Pistons/Pacers brawl
http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_history.html

1994-95
• Shortened the three-point line (22 feet in the corners extending to 23 feet, nine inches at the top of the key) to a uniform 22 feet around the basket.
• Awarded three foul shots for any player fouled while attempting a three-point field goal.
• Any player who leaves the bench during a fight automatically suspended for a minimum of one game and fined a maximum of $20,000; in addition to losing 1/82nd of his salary for each game, he is suspended.
• Any player who commits two flagrant fouls in one game will be ejected.
• Hand-checking eliminated from the end line in the backcourt to the opposite foul line.
• Technical foul fines increased to $500 each. Formerly, the fines were $100 for the first technical and $150 for the second.
• “Clear path” rule changed to include contact in the backcourt. If a defender, grabs a player when the player has a clear path to the basket on a breakaway, two foul shots will be awarded.
• The second or more of back-to-back timeouts when the ball is not inbounded will be limited to 45 seconds.

ChumpDumper
05-16-2007, 10:17 AM
Same to you. You're just being argumentative for the sake of being argumentative. If you want to argue a peripheral point, be my guest.You just made it the main point.

Kevin Blackistone
05-16-2007, 10:18 AM
TD is a big damn softy! Nobody in the NBA is possibly intimidated by him coming at them. The only intimidation he has on anyone else is that damn bank shot that never misses, but physically, he is nothing to ever worry about.

Little Spidey has now taken to talking about who can take who in a fight since he has been obliterated on every other comment he's made. Go to sleep son.

Findog
05-16-2007, 10:19 AM
[QUOTE=shelshor]The rule wasn't enacted as a response to the Pistons/Pacers brawl
http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_history.html

Thanks for the headsup.

Kevin Blackistone
05-16-2007, 10:20 AM
Sarver is a bigger whiny douchebag than Mark Cuban. He just didn't play Jenga on national TV so nobody gives a shit about him.

He actually makes Cuban come off in a semi-good light. You have to be one whiny, chicken shit ass to do that. Hell, Cuban didn't even put up this much of a stink when Terry was suspended last year for the nut punch.

longrod
05-16-2007, 10:20 AM

LOL! C'mon, I actually like Cuban. Her was right about The River and I live on it!

Spider TX
05-16-2007, 10:22 AM
Little Spidey has now taken to talking about who can take who in a fight since he has been obliterated on every other comment he's made. Go to sleep son.

No little boy, if you knew to read further, it was in response to why the Spurs never have anyone run on to the floor every time Ginobili flops acting like he's hurt. It's because your leader is no intimidating force anyone is worried about. They sure don't worry about him charging the rim, so he would never jump up to try and defend his teammates, it won't ever help.

ChumpDumper
05-16-2007, 10:24 AM
it was in response to why the Spurs never have anyone run on to the floorBecause they have self control.

judaspriestess
05-16-2007, 10:26 AM
This owner is an A-S-S-H-O-L-E of monumental proportions. Back in 2005 when we had the unfortunate experience of going to a Spurs/suns of bitches game in Phoenix. Pop did not play Duncan or Ginobili due to injury. In between all the stupid gorilla props, fireworks(or gunfire, I'm not sure) The owner gets up and starts to do the, I guess its called the "chicken-wing" dance. Taunting the Spurs as if they were afraid of the suns. The fans started cheering. It was so stupid. We were being taunted by so many fans. As we left the game and ran into other Spurs fans, they said they were being mis-treated too.
It was so fucking stupid.

Spider TX
05-16-2007, 10:26 AM
Don't try and act like they wouldn't run on in an actualy scuffle where Tony Parker was laid out by a cheap shot. You know damn well some of them would.

ChumpDumper
05-16-2007, 10:28 AM
Don't try and act like they wouldn't run on in an actualy scuffle where Tony Parker was laid out by a cheap shot. You know damn well some of them would.Then they would be suspended. What's your point?

Spider TX
05-16-2007, 10:32 AM
My point is you said they NEVER would do that, and you know damn well had the situation been reversed, a couple Spurs would be suspended, just not one of the stars because they were all already in the game.

ChumpDumper
05-16-2007, 10:34 AM
My point is you said they NEVER would do that, and you know damn well had the situation been reversed, a couple Spurs would be suspended, just not one of the stars because they were all already in the game.So there may be a situation where they would. So what? They would be suspended too and I wouldn't be a bitch about it like you are.

Spider TX
05-16-2007, 10:37 AM
I'm not bitching about it like others. I bitched about Horry being the childish prick he is. But i'm disappointed by the result of Amare and Diaw's actions.

Kevin Blackistone
05-16-2007, 10:39 AM
But i'm disappointed by the result of Amare and Diaw's actions.

Well why didn't you just say that in the 1st place instead of being an ass and making up all sorts of shit before having to eat all of your words and finally come to the right conclusion?

Spider TX
05-16-2007, 10:40 AM
My orginal argument was about the douchebag Horry. Him starting it led to Amare and Diaw reacting to Nash on the floor, but I never said he pulled them off the bench.

Kevin Blackistone
05-16-2007, 10:41 AM
My orginal argument was about the douchebag Horry. Him starting it led to Amare and Diaw reacting to Nash on the floor, but I never said he pulled them off the bench.

And JFK riding down the streets of downtown Dallas in an open top motorcade let to JFK getting his head blown off, but we don't blame him for it.

violentkitten
05-16-2007, 10:42 AM

they seemed to be reacting to the shit bell was starting with horry. so i guess bell's the "douchebag".

Rummpd
05-16-2007, 10:43 AM
From a post above:

No little boy, if you knew to read further, it was in response to why the Spurs never have anyone run on to the floor every time Ginobili flops acting like he's hurt. It's because your leader is no intimidating force anyone is worried about. "They sure don't worry about him charging the rim, so he would never jump up to try and defend his teammates, it won't ever help."

Dear Suns fan: Do not kid yourself, Duncan would kick Amare's and anyone else on the Suns *&^ anytime or anyplace if provoked enough, period. Ask players in the league who go against him how strong and tough he truly is. He is the quiet assasian instead of a whinner and complainer like Amare.

Horry got his deserved suspension and probably should have gotten three games to keep him out of the series, those on Amare and Diaw were correct period.

conversekid
05-16-2007, 10:43 AM
I did not like Horry's foul. Win with class and lose with class. A hard foul like that against bell or amare wouldn't have bothered me... but a hard fould on nash, who's show nothing but class and heart this series, was cheap. If nash was driving for a hoop, then I wouldn't have minded a hard foul that put him on his @$$.... but the way horry did it was cheap. That said, the Suns fans left the bench and went on the floor; they deserve the suspension. Hopefully the Spurs won't have a let down.

Spider TX
05-16-2007, 10:45 AM
they seemed to be reacting to the shit bell was starting with horry. so i guess bell's the "douchebag".

Go to Youtube and watch, they reacted the second Horry hit Nash.

conversekid
05-16-2007, 10:45 AM
Actually, even with Horry's hard foul, if Nash wouldn't have flopped (and it WAS a flop) none of this would have happened.

Spider TX
05-16-2007, 10:47 AM
Of course a fan of the team that flops best would accuse someone else of a flop. Horry is 6 inches taller and 50 pounds heavier than Nash. You go take that hit and you'll see it's no flop.

ChumpDumper
05-16-2007, 10:48 AM
Of course a fan of the team that flops best would accuse someone else of a flop.Do you really want to go there?

CosmicCowboy
05-16-2007, 10:48 AM
Don't leave the bench area during an altercation.

http://www.thirdwayblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/caveman_1.jpg

That rules so simple even a Caveman can follow it.

Spider TX
05-16-2007, 10:50 AM
With pleasure, because every single person who is not a Spurs fan can see how much they try to flop and thus get all the help in the world from the refs.

violentkitten
05-16-2007, 10:50 AM
Do you really want to go there?

that's what makes sun fan all the more amusing. it's as if they've forgotten bell and nash are on their team.

Mr. Peabody
05-16-2007, 10:51 AM
Do you really want to go there?

Don't worry. He won't get the irony of his comments.

BlackFlagg
Sarver "The team that plays dirty should not be rewarded"

Like the Suns were during most of game 4?

ChumpDumper
With pleasureI'm talking specifically about your whining about flopping.

GrandeDavid
05-16-2007, 10:53 AM
After reading bitch ass Sarver's comments I officially loathe the Phoenix Suns. From the suspensions to the upcoming two beatdowns, they deserve them.

The Suns are the dirty team, not San Antonio. The Suns are dirty babies, they claw, hack, hammer and flip guys. They flop after fouls like anybody else.

The Suns suck and are bitches. They deserve to get crushed tonight.

Kevin Blackistone
05-16-2007, 10:53 AM
Don't leave the bench area during an altercation.

http://www.thirdwayblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/caveman_1.jpg

That rules so simple even a Caveman can follow it.
I tried to find a way to tie that into the Suns resident idiots that wouldn't be construed as being racist, but to no avail.

Spider TX
05-16-2007, 10:54 AM
It's impossible to respond to you ChumpDumper, you never understand anything posted by someone else. It's a damn shame you are just that out of it.

Kevin Blackistone
05-16-2007, 10:54 AM
After reading bitch ass Sarver's comments I officially loathe the Phoenix Suns. From the suspensions to the upcoming two beatdowns, they deserve them.

The Suns are the dirty team, not San Antonio. The Suns are dirty babies, they claw, hack, hammer and flip guys. They flop after fouls like anybody else.

The Suns suck and are bitches. They deserve to get crushed tonight.

I've felt the same way since game 3.

GrandeDavid
05-16-2007, 10:55 AM

Exactly! And somebody needs to teach Sarver and Cuban how to dress themselves.

Spider TX
05-16-2007, 10:55 AM
It's actually funny to read fans of the dirtiest, most boring, whiny and hated team in sports call another team dirty and whiny. Always trying to put it on someone else.

BlackFlagg
05-16-2007, 10:56 AM
every single person who is not a Spurs fan can see how much they try to flop and thus get all the help in the world from the refs.

Nash has learned well. :lol

ChumpDumper
05-16-2007, 10:56 AM
It's impossible to respond to you ChumpDumperBasic intelligence is required.

ChumpDumper
05-16-2007, 10:57 AM
It's actually funny to read fans of the dirtiest, most boring, whiny and hated team in sports call another team dirty and whiny. Always trying to put it on someone else.It's actually funny to see somone whine about whining about whining.

Spider TX
05-16-2007, 10:58 AM
Basic intelligence is required.

and my intelligence level is far to advanced to stoop back down to your basic level.

L.I.T
05-16-2007, 10:59 AM
I really think we should call a no-contest on the Chumpdumper/Spider Tx bout.

Spider Tx is obviously incapable of defending himself.

violentkitten
05-16-2007, 10:59 AM
so the spurs are now the dirtiest team in all of pro sports? awesome.

BlackFlagg
05-16-2007, 11:00 AM
It's actually funny to read fans of the dirtiest, most boring, whiny and hated team in sports call another team dirty and whiny.

Boring or most hated? The terms are incongruous; you must choose one.

GrandeDavid
05-16-2007, 11:00 AM

And who issued it, Jack Nicholson Cheeze? Don't you dare say Pop, who is the epitome of fair play.

The Suns are little wussies, bottom line. And their owner is a tacky striped-shirt wearing replica of a typical used car salesman disguised in wealth.

ChumpDumper
05-16-2007, 11:01 AM
and my intelligence level is far to advancedIndeed.

degenerate_gambler
05-16-2007, 11:02 AM
and my intelligence level is far to advanced to stoop back down to your basic level.

well then you should've realized "to" in this instance is grammatically incorrect. "Too" is correct in this instance oh enlightened one.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-16-2007, 11:03 AM
Lots of teams have played rough ball throughout the years and won. Look at all those old Jazz teams, the early 90's Pistons teams and the 90's Knicks teams for example.

The reason everyone is making such a big deal about the Spurs is that the Suns players, coaches, owners and fans cry louder than any team in the history of the game. When the Jazz were knocking the Spurs out of the playoffs time after time in the 90's the Spurs just took their lumps and changed their team to beat the Jazz at their own game. They didn't go crying to the media after every hit or elbow to the temple.

Kevin Blackistone
05-16-2007, 11:03 AM
Indeed.

Shooting fish in a barrel. Really big fish.

xjwheelr
05-16-2007, 11:04 AM

Riiiight. Horry had no part in what transpired.

Look, Amare is a dumbass and I believe he was making a motion toward the "ruckus," so I don't really buy the line that he was "just" checking on Nash.

But...if you're going to say that there was an altercation going on when they made their move (at the time Bell had not received the elbow from Horry), then you have to call it an altercation in the 2nd quater when Duncan and Bowen stepped on the court. It's horse shit to interpret the rule black and white for the Suns players and then "read into it" when it comes to Duncan's transgression. He left the bench in the same manner Stat did...to get a piece if there was a piece to be gotten. He obviously thought there might be an altercation, and by stepping on the court in that manner he made it an altercation.

It's the hypocrisy that gets me.

Jimcs50
05-16-2007, 11:04 AM
If you do not like the ramifications of the rule, Sarver, do not sign players with IQs of 87, like Amare....simple as that.

jmard5
05-16-2007, 11:05 AM
It's actually funny to read fans of the dirtiest, most boring, whiny and hated team in sports call another team dirty and whiny. Always trying to put it on someone else.

You are just one of those that put the blame on others instead of accepting your mistake.

Diaw and Stoudamire made a costly mistake. They erred and paid dearly for it. They put the NBA into a position to suspend them NOT the Spurs. That is the rule.

Dirtiest and hated? You do not understand what you are saying. You should attended Amare's "How To Lie 101".

GrandeDavid
05-16-2007, 11:06 AM

Exactly.

Findog
05-16-2007, 11:07 AM
Boring or most hated? The terms are incongruous; you must choose one.

I think you can be both. I respect the Spurs for their success, as they are a legitimate heavyweight in a league full of bantomweights. They are an absolute necessity in today's NBA, because with the passing of Shaq/Kobe, there has to be an elite team for pretenders/contenders to measure themselves against. Without .4 and a stupid Manu foul, the Spurs could've put together a run to rival MJ's Bulls. And I find Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili to be aethestically pleasing in the way they play.

That said, they are absolute hell to watch against most teams. Don't kid yourselves, if they play Detroit in the Finals, we're going to be treated to 85-80 foulfests and 38% shooting from both teams. All teams do some whining and backtalking to refs, all teams flop and approach the line separating tough from dirty play, but the Spurs try to position and portray themselves as some sort of old school "the right way" kind of team when really they are simply a more talented and successful version of Riley's Knicks. What has been interesting is that in this series they finally seem to be acknowledging and embracing their inner Darth Vader. Robert Horry isn't like Bruce Bowen in that he pulls something dirty and then pleads with big eyes "Hey, c'mon?? What did I do?" Horry sent Nash into the scorer's table with a look that said "Yeah, I just did that. What are you going to do about it?"

That they are benefiting more from a cheapshot initiated by Horry probably seals their role as WWF heels for fans outside of Phoenix and San Antonio. People talk about a dangerous precedent this would set if Stern stopped enforcing the leave the bench rule at this critical point. Based on this, why shouldn't a team go all Bob Probert now on opposing players? I don't know if Horry lost his cool or decided to pull a Code Red, but it sure worked out well for San Antonio, didn't it?

ChumpDumper
05-16-2007, 11:09 AM
Horry sent Nash into the scorer's table with a look that said "Yeah, I just did that. What are you going to do about it?"They suspended him for two games.

Kevin Blackistone
05-16-2007, 11:10 AM

Look, Amare is a dumbass and I believe he was making a motion toward the "ruckus," so I don't really buy the line that he was "just" checking on Nash.

But...if you're going to say that there was an altercation going on when they made their move (at the time Bell had not received the elbow from Horry), then you have to call it an altercation in the 2nd quater when Duncan and Bowen stepped on the court. It's horse shit to interpret the rule black and white for the Suns players and then "read into it" when it comes to Duncan's transgression. He left the bench in the same manner Stat did...to get a piece if there was a piece to be gotten. He obviously thought there might be an altercation, and by stepping on the court in that manner he made it an altercation.

Let me inform you here - an altercation involves more than one person. In the 2nd quarter, there was Elson dunking and then Elson sitting on the floor. No Phoenix player anywhere in sight saying anything to him. No altercation.

Stoudemire left the bench rushing the middle of the court with a pissed look on his face, probably screaming obscenities. Duncan stood up to celebrate the dunk, saw Elson fall, and took a step on the court to see if he was ok. No anger, no obscenities, no altercation to rush to.

Get It? Stu Jackson did. He had a full night and a full day to review it and saw it from every possible angle, more than any of us. Give it a rest already.

GrandeDavid
05-16-2007, 11:10 AM

I think Kevin Blackstone has added plenty of substance and style to this forum, so as someone who has posted here occasionally for years, I'll disagree with you there.

Don't call this man worthless, please. That's a petty insult and you don't need to go there.

Findog
05-16-2007, 11:11 AM
They suspended him for two games.

"They" being the League office, not Nash. Horry's move was an intimidation tactic. He plays 15 minutes a night for his team, this was his biggest contribution of the series for the Spurs.

ChumpDumper
05-16-2007, 11:15 AM
"They" being the League office, not Nash. Horry's move was an intimidation tactic.Yeah, he has that reputation in the league. Horry the intimidator. And Nash has a rep for buckling under that kind of intimidation.
He plays 15 minutes a night for his team, this was his biggest contribution of the series for the Spurs.20 minutes in this series, but you've never exaggerated before. I'd say his shooting and d in one of the victories wa a bigger contribution.

GrandeDavid
05-16-2007, 11:16 AM
This owner is an A-S-S-H-O-L-E of monumental proportions. Back in 2005 when we had the unfortunate experience of going to a Spurs/suns of bitches game in Phoenix. Pop did not play Duncan or Ginobili due to injury. In between all the stupid gorilla props, fireworks(or gunfire, I'm not sure) The owner gets up and starts to do the, I guess its called the "chicken-wing" dance. Taunting the Spurs as if they were afraid of the suns. The fans started cheering. It was so stupid. We were being taunted by so many fans. As we left the game and ran into other Spurs fans, they said they were being mis-treated too.
It was so fucking stupid.

From Sarver to the taunting fans to the trolls to the relentless self-pitying, bleeding heart horse shit by their coach and some players, I now have pretty much no respect for the Suns organization. Nash is the only saving grace.

I hope the Spurs lay an ass whipping on the Suns tonight and in Game 6.

xjwheelr
05-16-2007, 11:19 AM
Let me inform you here - an altercation involves more than one person. In the 2nd quarter, there was Elson dunking and then Elson sitting on the floor. No Phoenix player anywhere in sight saying anything to him. No altercation.

Stoudemire left the bench rushing the middle of the court with a pissed look on his face, probably screaming obscenities. Duncan stood up to celebrate the dunk, saw Elson fall, and took a step on the court to see if he was ok. No anger, no obscenities, no altercation to rush to.

Get It? Stu Jackson did. He had a full night and a full day to review it and saw it from every possible angle, more than any of us. Give it a rest already.

So then what of Elson getting in Jones' face after he fell on him, and the ref. getting involved? That's not an altercation?

And I like how your evidence includes what Amare "probably" did.

I guess the lesson from all of this is that Pat Burke should drag Pop onto the court and beat the shit out of him until every Spurs bench player has broken the rule by coming to his defense.

*I'm not advocating this, for the record...it's called sarcasm.*

Findog
05-16-2007, 11:20 AM
Yeah, he has that reputation in the league. Horry the intimidator. And Nash has a rep for buckling under that kind of intimidation.20 minutes in this series, but you've never exaggerated before. I'd say his shooting and d in one of the victories wa a bigger contribution.

I'd say Horry is the MVP of Game 5.

ChumpDumper
05-16-2007, 11:21 AM
I'd say Horry is the MVP of Game 5.Amare is my MVP for game five.

Kevin Blackistone
05-16-2007, 11:23 AM
So then what of Elson getting in Jones' face after he fell on him, and the ref. getting involved? That's not an altercation?

I guess the lesson from all of this is that Pat Burke should drag Pop onto the court and beat the shit out of him until every Spurs bench player has broken the rule by coming to his defense.

I put the probablys in there for effect and to be funny, but if you take them out the situation doesn't change. Here's my quote from another thread that states why TD more than likely wouldn't have been suspended even if it was deemed an altercation in the 2nd quarter:

This morning Stu Jackson stated that you have to leave the vicinity of the bench to be in violation of the rule. Duncan took two steps on the court but was still very close to his bench where as Stoudemire was charging the altercation far away from his bench with assistant coaches draped on him. That's the difference in the two, I don't think Duncan would have been suspended even if there was an incident because he was very close to the bench and would probably have been ruled in the vicinity.

Spider TX
05-16-2007, 11:24 AM
I think Kevin Blackstone has added plenty of substance and style to this forum, so as someone who has posted here occasionally for years, I'll disagree with you there.

Don't call this man worthless, please. That's a petty insult and you don't need to go there.

You are defending a guy who curses at everyone on this board who doesn't agree with him? Interesting.

jmard5
05-16-2007, 11:24 AM

Read. That is not an altercation. Read the other threads and be well informed. Judging by your post count, I do not think you did.

You jumped into that suspend the Spurs bandwagon so as just to make an excuse.

UV Ray
05-16-2007, 11:25 AM
Except for your previous post.

Kevin Blackistone
05-16-2007, 11:28 AM
You are defending a guy who curses at everyone on this board who doesn't agree with him? Interesting.

i just do that to get your goat while I'm formulating the vastly superior ideas that become my posts.

Kevin Blackistone
05-16-2007, 11:29 AM
Except for your previous post.

Sweet, now I have a forum stalker digging through pages of posts to try to come up with something witty. I wish it was someone more clever...

Spider TX
05-16-2007, 11:31 AM
Kevin, I'm not just referring to any responses to me, I'm talking about your responses in general.

I don't have any real problem with you, it's all entertainment on these boards for me, because any banter really does nothing in the grand scheme of things, but you do come back cursing a lot.

DarkReign
05-16-2007, 11:31 AM
Honestly, I didnt realize people were actually born and bred in Phoenix. Every time I have been there, youre either Mexican (immigrant) or a transplant from another city (Detroit, Chicago and New York seem to be the big 3).

Spider TX
05-16-2007, 11:33 AM
There are actually quite a few, they just get overshadowed by the huge number of transplants now.

Spider TX
05-16-2007, 11:34 AM
There's a reason why the fanbase for the other 3 major sports teams isn't as strong as with the Suns, none of the 3 have even been around for 20 years yet, and that longest one is the hapless Cardinals.

xjwheelr
05-16-2007, 11:36 AM
Read. That is not an altercation. Read the other threads and be well informed. Judging by your post count, I do not think you did.

You jumped into that suspend the Spurs bandwagon so as just to make an excuse.

So because I haven't posted on this forum before today means I'm not well-informed? Dude, I have ESPN and access to youtube. The entire country is well-informed. And, by the way, according to ESPN the majority of the country agrees with me.

You guys are even bigger homers than we are.

Kevin Blackistone
05-16-2007, 11:39 AM
Kevin, I'm not just referring to any responses to me, I'm talking about your responses in general.

I don't have any real problem with you, it's all entertainment on these boards for me, because any banter really does nothing in the grand scheme of things, but you do come back cursing a lot.

I don't have a problem with anybody. It's all in good fun.

Kevin Blackistone
05-16-2007, 11:40 AM
So because I haven't posted on this forum before today means I'm not well-informed? Dude, I have ESPN and access to youtube. The entire country is well-informed. And, by the way, according to ESPN the majority of the country agrees with me.

That settles it - get this man a microphone and a courtside seat, stat!!

Samir Nagheenanajar
05-16-2007, 11:44 AM
Dude, I have ESPN and access to youtube.

ESPN and YouTube, how do you get this?

http://www.luminomagazine.com/2004.03/spotlight/officespace/images/samir/samir3.jpg

jmard5
05-16-2007, 11:45 AM

Access to YouTube? Right. Majority of the country also agreeing to suspend Duncan and Bowen? Right.

Damn it. What's with these trolls? I am not sure if I want to laugh or be pissed-off.

travis2
05-16-2007, 11:46 AM
are these people for real?

:lmao

jmard5
05-16-2007, 11:51 AM
are these people for real?

:lmao

I just don't get it. I know Amare's "just want to check-in" excuse is lame. But because one has an access to YouTube is a legitimate excuse to lobby the Duncan suspension.

Lamest ever.

xjwheelr
05-16-2007, 11:52 AM
That settles it - get this man a microphone and a courtside seat, stat!!

I wondered if that might go over your cowboy hat, errr...head.

See, the ESPN and youtube comment was tongue in cheek, and meant to speak to the fact that the entire country has ben inundated with this stuff for the past 36 hours. If you have a pulse and cable TV, you are probably pretty well-informed. What insite could you possibly offer me that I, as a sports fan and member of the 21st century, wouldn't already know regarding this topic? THAT was the point.

:rolleyes

xjwheelr
05-16-2007, 11:59 AM
Access to YouTube? Right. Majority of the country also agreeing to suspend Duncan and Bowen? Right.

Damn it. What's with these trolls? I am not sure if I want to laugh or be pissed-off.

Why am I being called a troll? Because I am a fan of a different team and don't share your point of view? Have I typed in all caps or said that I want the entire Spurs team to drive off a cliff or anything else trollish? I have expressed my point of view. Troll cop-out is way too easy.

As for the most of the country thing...yesterday ESPN had a poll asking what should be done regarding Amare, Boris, and Horry. The majority said suspend Horry, do nothing to the Suns. I am just reporting the facts.

Kevin Blackistone
05-16-2007, 12:00 PM
I wondered if that might go over your cowboy hat, errr...head.

See, the ESPN and youtube comment was tongue in cheek, and meant to speak to the fact that the entire country has ben inundated with this stuff for the past 36 hours. If you have a pulse and cable TV, you are probably pretty well-informed. What insite could you possibly offer me that I, as a sports fan and member of the 21st century, wouldn't already know regarding this topic? THAT was the point.

:rolleyes

Let's see...

When did Elson get in Jones' face with the refs involved? What happened wasn't even close to an altercation. They didn't even exchange words!!

You think what happened in the 2nd quarter is the same as what happened at the end of the game? If this is what you are seeing from Youtube and ESPN, maybe you need to upgrade from the early '90s hand held 3" black and white screen or maybe a visit to the optometrist is in order.

Kevin Blackistone
05-16-2007, 12:01 PM
Why am I being called a troll? Because I am a fan of a different team and don't share your point of view? Have I typed in all caps or said that I want the entire Spurs team to drive off a cliff or anything else trollish? I have expressed my point of view. Troll cop-out is way too easy.

As for the most of the country thing...yesterday ESPN had a poll asking what should be done regarding Amare, Boris, and Horry. The majority said suspend Horry, do nothing to the Suns. I am just reporting the facts.

Yes, ESPN polls are error proof and never full of bias. Ever.

They take a great random cross-section of the country - people who watch ESPN and feel strongly enough about the incident to actually go online and send in a vote. Namely, Suns fans.

jmard5
05-16-2007, 12:04 PM

For the record, I am referring to your argument of lobbying Duncan's suspension.

Now, you are bringing Amare's, Boris' and Horry's suspensions. That is two different arguments.

xjwheelr
05-16-2007, 12:05 PM
Let's see...

When did Elson get in Jones' face with the refs involved? What happened wasn't even close to an altercation. They didn't even exchange words!!

You think what happened in the 2nd quarter is the same as what happened at the end of the game? If this is what you are seeing from Youtube and ESPN, maybe you need to upgrade from the early '90s hand held 3" black and white screen or maybe a visit to the optometrist is in order.

Your logic astounds me. No, they weren't exactly the same, but doens't mean they weren't both altercations. You're making me dizzy.

Go eat some buttered tortillas at Alamo Cafe.

xjwheelr
05-16-2007, 12:07 PM
For the record, I am referring to your argument of lobbying Duncan's suspension.

Now, you are bringing Amare's, Boris' and Horry's suspensions. That is two different arguments.

You're right, my remark about the poll was misleading. The context of our discussion at the time was re: Duncan. My bad.

Kevin Blackistone
05-16-2007, 12:08 PM
Your logic astounds me. No, they weren't exactly the same, but doens't mean they weren't both altercations. You're making me dizzy.

Go eat some buttered tortillas at Alamo Cafe.

You said if the one at the end is an altercation then the one in the 2nd has to be to. Why? They were different as night and day yet you made that statement...

I'm perfectly fine with my logic astounding the guy using the most biased form of opinion - ESPN Online Polls - to prove his point. Thank you.

jmard5
05-16-2007, 12:10 PM

They are NOT altercations.

Ok, can you Google the word altercation and post the meaning here, please?

EDIT: Ok, since you pointed that you erred on your post. Nevermind. I am also with you that I also want to face the Suns with an intact starting 5 roster. But rules are rules.

ducks
05-16-2007, 12:12 PM
http://rsrc6.bubbleshare.com/media/00/2b/3a/4d/d00b82b29150ffbf5b6c5f792cfd40001f5f25d2/580x435

spursaretheone
05-16-2007, 12:14 PM
All I have to say is Steve Nash Shouldn't have flopped so hard by throwing himself into the sign. If he wouldn't have done that then Amare and Boris wouldn't have stepped out onto the floor but he wanted to sell the foul so he throws himself and then lays down like a bitch and pretends he is knocked out. The Suns did it to themselves.

donc2000
05-16-2007, 12:38 PM
Guys - If u have ever played on "any" team - its a natural reaction to go towards the action -especially if your small guy got hammered by an opposing big guy. They just reacted naturally - what kind of a team-mate would you be if you dont help? Amare and Diaw were caught by their coaches well before they could do anything bad or make the situation worse. The rule was put in place to prevent baseball style bench clearing melees. The league office got this one wrong and wrecked a great series. Hope this rule changes next year.

ChumpDumper
05-16-2007, 12:42 PM
Hope this rule changes next year.Changes to what?

donc2000
05-16-2007, 12:43 PM
All I have to say is Steve Nash Shouldn't have flopped so hard by throwing himself into the sign. If he wouldn't have done that then Amare and Boris wouldn't have stepped out onto the floor but he wanted to sell the foul so he throws himself and then lays down like a bitch and pretends he is knocked out. The Suns did it to themselves.

Be a fan yes ... but dont be so blind ... nash flopping idea is ridiculous .... this is one guy who hasnt complained even after getting kicked in the nuts ..... horry is twice nash's size and it was a hard forearm / hip check ... no way anyone can justify what Horry did .... this is just a sad part of the game where less talented players try to intimidate opponents... go play hockey ..... Spurs could have beaten the Suns fair and square ... no need for such stuff.

donc2000
05-16-2007, 12:45 PM
Changes to what?

Changes to - If you dont make the situation worse - no threat / abuse / contact with opposing player / connection to on-going action - then no suspension.

ChumpDumper
05-16-2007, 12:46 PM
horry is twice nash's size12'6" and 390 pounds!

Displaced Spurs Fan
05-16-2007, 12:47 PM

Actually, the poster is right. That is a stupid statement.

"I will gladly pay you tomorrow for a hamburger today."

Said when repo man was asking for payment before taking the car "A check? Why didn't you just say so. Hell, let me just go ahead and pay it off"

picnroll
I think they should change it from a rule to a suggestion. Something like "If a player leaves the bench area to move toward an altercation the league should consider suspending the player unless the other teams' fans and owner whine too much".

rob5
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k210/rtfunshots/atw13.jpg

ChumpDumper
05-16-2007, 12:48 PM
Changes to - If you dont make the situation worse - no threat / abuse / contact with opposing player / connection to on-going action - then no suspension.So the rules should be changed to allow a players to rush the court from the bench during an altercation.

Good luck with that one in the rules committee.

donc2000
05-16-2007, 12:48 PM
12'6" and 390 pounds!

r u trying to be funny ... OK .. I will laugh .... :lol ... but u get my point ...

violentkitten
05-16-2007, 12:49 PM
the team that has an owner call a team "chicken" for not playing injured players shouldn't be rewarded either. at least holt sticks to selling cats and the bottle.

MadDog73
05-16-2007, 12:51 PM
I'm not sure this has been commented on our not, but I wanted to throw this out:

IF Bell or Nash doesn't confront Horry, and there is no altercation, would we even be talking about this?

Horry would be ejected, maybe suspended a game, and that would be that.

Again, it wasn't Horry's foul that caused the suspensions of Amare, it was the Suns reaction to it. The Spurs as a whole are not to blame.

Findog
05-16-2007, 12:54 PM
Actually, the poster is right. That is a stupid statement.

"I will gladly pay you tomorrow for a hamburger today."

Said when repo man was asking for payment before taking the car "A check? Why didn't you just say so. Hell, let me just go ahead and pay it off"

Your analogy has no bearing whatsover on the topic at hand. Try again, please.

donc2000
05-16-2007, 12:56 PM
So the rules should be changed to allow a players to rush the court from the bench during an altercation.

Good luck with that one in the rules committee.

You wait and watch ..this rule will change.. you cannot expect the players to be robots and have no emotion - especially in a playoff atmosphere. If u rush the court but are nowhere close to the action and dont abuse / threaten / or try to hit an opposing player .... no suspension.
Think about this .. Rasheed slams Parker in the finals .... will Duncan / Horry et all leave the bench??? You bet they would - its a natural reaction.

Displaced Spurs Fan
05-16-2007, 12:57 PM
Your analogy has no bearing whatsover on the topic at hand. Try again, please.

You are a knothead. How's the fishing?

donc2000
05-16-2007, 12:59 PM
Actually nobody on the Spurs have complained the entire series. So don't give that shit that Nash is the only one who doesn't complain! Manu gets almost blinded, he doesn't say shit.
And about Horry he is clutch with 6 titles so he is very valubable to the Spurs team! Its not like that was Beno who hit Nash! And yes Nash flopped and tried to sell the foul. Also maybe if your coaching staff did their job or your players didn't rush the court we would be talking about this right now.

Remember your comments on physical play and Spurs complaining when we play Utah and Detroit in the next rounds. Cant have it both ways... this sort of thing always come back to bite you.

ChumpDumper
05-16-2007, 01:00 PM
You wait and watch ..this rule will change.. you cannot expect the players to be robots and have no emotion - especially in a playoff atmosphere. If u rush the court but are nowhere close to the action and dont abuse / threaten / or try to hit an opposing player .... no suspension.How about this. If you don't leave the vicinity of the bench....no suspension.
Think about this .. Rasheed slams Parker in the finals .... will Duncan / Horry et all leave the bench??? You bet they would - its a natural reaction.then they will be suspended and I won't complain. They know the rules.

If it's such a natural reaction, why did only two Suns do it? Are the rest of the team members unnatural?

SpursWoman
05-16-2007, 01:00 PM
"Wanders."

Yeah ... I've seen that several times already. "Wanders"? WTF? :lol

Findog
05-16-2007, 01:07 PM
You are a knothead. How's the fishing?

Ad hominem attacks from the shallow pool. Congrats, you're losing the argument. You must be pleased as punch that the Warriors did what the Spurs cannot. Now, please, throw in an irrelevant jibe about "three rings" and "chokers." I haven't heard those before.

picnroll
05-16-2007, 01:08 PM
Remember your comments on physical play and Spurs complaining when we play Utah and Detroit in the next rounds. Cant have it both ways... this sort of thing always come back to bite you.
Spurs didn't complain when they were getting hammered by Najera and Nene. Didn't complain when Fortson, James were knocking the crap out of them. Didn't complain when Melo tried to decapitate Manu n '05. Only complaint I've heard is when Joey Crawford threatened to beat up Duncan. Post some quote about Spurs complaining if you can.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-16-2007, 03:33 PM

Please tell me... how hurt are you for losing to the Warriors? Are you ever gonna win one champioship?

SUNS ROCK
05-16-2007, 03:42 PM
Well if karma exsist you'll loose

bitch

violentkitten
05-16-2007, 03:43 PM
Well if karma exsist you'll loose

bitch

yeah, bitches!

http://members.aol.com/path2005/private/Icy_Hot_Stuntaz.jpg

we's some real gangbangers. you loose when we rolls up on you

smeagol
05-16-2007, 03:47 PM
Ad hominem attacks from the shallow pool. Congrats, you're losing the argument. You must be pleased as punch that the Warriors did what the Spurs cannot. Now, please, throw in an irrelevant jibe about "three rings" and "chokers." I haven't heard those before.
How about this one:

What the fuck are you doing posting on a Spurs board when you´re team already lost?

I can think of a million more productive things you could be doing right about now instead of trolling around this board.

Findog
05-16-2007, 04:13 PM
Please tell me... how hurt are you for losing to the Warriors? Are you ever gonna win one champioship?

Do you have any rebuttal to my argument, or do you just wanna resort to trashtalk from the shallow end of the pool? Please, feel free to throw in a "three rings" or "chokers" taunt. I haven't heard that one before.

How hurt are you that the Warriors did what the Spurs could not?

Findog
05-16-2007, 04:15 PM
What the fuck are you doing posting on a Spurs board when you´re team already lost?

Conversing with other intelligent basketball fans. A signal to noise ratio exists on every board, you are part of the latter.

I can think of a million more productive things you could be doing right about now instead of trolling around this board.

I'll pass time at work any way I want. If you don't like it, tough shit.

smeagol
05-16-2007, 05:02 PM
Conversing with other intelligent basketball fans.

If you think conversing means trying to annoy people from who are fans of other teams . . . well yes, you've been doing a lot of "conversing"

A signal to noise ratio exists on every board, you are part of the latter.

Ouch! Touche mother fucker . . . you cut me deep!

I'll pass time at work any way I want. If you don't like it, tough shit.

What I don't like is you trying to stirr the pot in a discussion you have no investment in.

td4mvp21
05-16-2007, 05:30 PM
The team that plays "dirty"? :lmao First of all, it's actually called physical, not dirty. Second of all, the Suns even said they were going to play the same way and they did. Look what happened. Suns don't deserve shit either. They have done nothing but bitched, moaned, questioned the other team's integrity, and cried all because this series isn't easy. And Sarver thinks the Spurs don't deserve to win? The Spurs (aside from Horry's incident) have been nothing but respectful to the Suns, especially after losses. You don't hear them say "Oh the refs were horrible" or anything of the sort. They always give the Suns credit.

phyzik
05-16-2007, 05:33 PM
was just listening to WOAI on the way home from work and they had the perfect sound bite...

"What you lookin' at? You're all a bunch of fucken' assholes. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be! You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your fucken' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So...what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. So say good night to the bad guy! Come on. This is the last time you're gonna see a bad guy like this again, let me tell you. Come on. Make way for the bad guy. There's a bad guy comin' through! Better get outta his way!"

- Tony Montana, in Miami restaurant.

Findog
05-16-2007, 06:30 PM
If you think conversing means trying to annoy people from who are fans of other teams . . . well yes, you've been doing a lot of "conversing"

Most of the people I've been going back and forth with are being respectful and polite, because we're talking basketball. We have a difference of opinion about something that we saw take place in a basketball game.

What I don't like is you trying to stirr the pot in a discussion you have no investment in.

I don't care what you like or don't like. I don't value anything you have to say...AT ALL. Your opinions are worthless to me. The other posters may not agree with my point of view, but they are debating me back and forth because they find it worth the time and on some level they value what I have to say. If you think that my participation in this thread equals trolling, you really don't understand what trolling is. Anything else? Until I violate the terms of use, I'm not going anywhere. I'm a basketball fan first and a Mavericks fan second. Keep those "three things" and "choke" taunts coming, it really bothers and upsets me.

spursaretheone
05-16-2007, 06:51 PM
Be a fan yes ... but dont be so blind ... nash flopping idea is ridiculous .... this is one guy who hasnt complained even after getting kicked in the nuts ..... horry is twice nash's size and it was a hard forearm / hip check ... no way anyone can justify what Horry did .... this is just a sad part of the game where less talented players try to intimidate opponents... go play hockey ..... Spurs could have beaten the Suns fair and square ... no need for such stuff.

Im not blind man. Horry hip checked him pretty hard but if you look at the replay Nash could have kept his balance but he was expecting a hit and wanted to sell it so he jumped at the same time he was hit. These guys are professional athletes and Nash goes into the paint against guys who are nearly twice as tall, haha, and gets bumped hard but doesnt go flying like that. Then after he is hit he flops down on the floor like some heavy weight just knocked him out. So what do the Suns do: Raja bell goes after Horry and so does Nash. Amare and Boris leave the bench. Did any of the Spurs leave the Bench during the ALTERCATION. NO. The Suns did it to themselves.