PDA

View Full Version : matchups for Game 5

BILLYE
05-16-2007, 09:11 AM
I have heard a few possibilites about the Suns lineup for tonight...but the one aspect of the game I am curious about is how Parker will handle the game given that most likely Nash or Bell will draw him in a matchup. The game will be very physical no doubt and I wonder if Parker will be affected at all? He has made serious strides since his rookie year in taking over games, so I am not too terribly concerned.

OR do you think that Phoenix will assemble a lineup that will put Marion back on Parker?

violentkitten
05-16-2007, 09:12 AM
parker's been taking hits this entire series. i'm sure he's ready.

DarrinS
05-16-2007, 09:32 AM
I have heard a few possibilites about the Suns lineup for tonight...but the one aspect of the game I am curious about is how Parker will handle the game given that most likely Nash or Bell will draw him in a matchup. The game will be very physical no doubt and I wonder if Parker will be affected at all? He has made serious strides since his rookie year in taking over games, so I am not too terribly concerned.

OR do you think that Phoenix will assemble a lineup that will put Marion back on Parker?

There's no way in HELL they put Nash on Parker, unless they want Parker to have 30+ points.

I see them putting Marion on Parker. Marion is very good at snatching those entry passes to Duncan on the block. I think this is the key matchup for tonight.

I think another interesting thing to watch is how they defend Duncan. To double-team or not double-team. If I were them, I'd make Duncan pass and make the Spurs beat them from the perimeter.

BILLYE
05-16-2007, 10:08 AM
but consider this....at the end of Game 4, who double teamed Duncan? It was Marion and that caused the Spurs trouble at the end of the game. I can't see anyone else providing a double-team effective enough as Marion's....that leaves Parker open....drive to the bucket for layups or dish for the open 3....