PDA

View Full Version : Does Any One Else Think

Kevin Blackistone
05-16-2007, 09:49 AM
that Horry wouldn't have been suspended if Stoudemire and Diaw had kept their asses on the bench? If you look at the other hard shots in the playoffs thus far, none warranted a suspension even though some (especially Baron Davis') seemed to be worse. Is is fair to suspend Horry for a shot that wasn't as flagrant as Davis' just because Stoudemire and Diaw broke a completely separate rule and as such have to sit a game?

nkdlunch
05-16-2007, 09:51 AM
of course. Horry was suspended 2 games to appease the Sun fags.

I suspect at worst he would have gotten a big fine or even a 1 game suspension. not 2

UV Ray
05-16-2007, 09:53 AM
that Horry wouldn't have been suspended if Stoudemire and Diaw had kept their asses on the bench? If you look at the other hard shots in the playoffs thus far, none warranted a suspension even though some (especially Baron Davis') seemed to be worse. Is is fair to suspend Horry for a shot that wasn't as flagrant as Davis' just because Stoudemire and Diaw broke a completely separate rule and as such have to sit a game?
:stfu

AFBlue
05-16-2007, 09:54 AM
His suspension had nothing to do with the league being worried about reaction from Suns and NBA fans. Horry's two-game suspension has done nothing to quiet the mobs of angry people.

Horry was suspended two games because he tacked on a little elbow-to-chin action against Raja Bell. Had that not happened, it would've been the standard 1-game suspension with precedent from Bell-Kobe and Posey-Hinrich.

NBA Junkie
05-16-2007, 09:58 AM
Had Stoudemire and Diaw not left the bench, it would've have been a one game suspension for Horry.

CosmicCowboy
05-16-2007, 10:05 AM
Had Stoudemire and Diaw not left the bench, it would've have been a one game suspension for Horry.

I agree, plus a one game for Bell for going after Horry and initiating the after play incident.

They just didn't want to tack on Bell on top of Stoudamire and Diaw.

LEONARD
05-16-2007, 10:06 AM
LOL...hell yea he would've been suspended...

Kevin Blackistone
05-16-2007, 10:06 AM
His suspension had nothing to do with the league being worried about reaction from Suns and NBA fans. Horry's two-game suspension has done nothing to quiet the mobs of angry people.

Horry was suspended two games because he tacked on a little elbow-to-chin action against Raja Bell. Had that not happened, it would've been the standard 1-game suspension with precedent from Bell-Kobe and Posey-Hinrich.

I think you're wrong. Horry didn't go after Nash's head, and he didn't instigate a confrontation. He made the hard shot and started walking away towards his own bench. It was Bell that ran up on him and got the confrontation started. Why was Bell not suspended or even fined? If you look at the other hard shots given in the playoffs thus far, several that were much worse have not warranted a suspension. How does this foul warrant a 2 gamer?

Kevin Blackistone
05-16-2007, 10:07 AM
:stfu

If you can't handle the truth, get off the board.

Kevin Blackistone
05-16-2007, 10:08 AM
I agree, plus a one game for Bell for going after Horry and initiating the after play incident.

They just didn't want to tack on Bell on top of Stoudamire and Diaw.

Bell started the entire confrontation by running up on Horry when he had absoultely nothing to do with the play. Horry acted in self defense at that point. Bell should have been suspended, but not for game 5. His should have been staggered for game 6.

AFBlue
05-16-2007, 10:18 AM
I think you're wrong. Horry didn't go after Nash's head, and he didn't instigate a confrontation. He made the hard shot and started walking away towards his own bench. It was Bell that ran up on him and got the confrontation started. Why was Bell not suspended or even fined? If you look at the other hard shots given in the playoffs thus far, several that were much worse have not warranted a suspension. How does this foul warrant a 2 gamer?

I don't disagree with you on Horry's foul, but precedence for a one game suspension had already been set. Go back to Bulls-Heat last year and look at the suspension handed down to James Posey for his "bump" on Kirk Hinrich...it's a similar situation.

On the elbow, if there's one thing the league doesn't tolerate it's escalation of altercations. Horry may have been run up on, but he didn't respond well....the same way he didn't respond well when attempting to bite Jerry Stackhouse during an altercation last year.

Simply put, he got one game (with precedence set) for the "bump" on Nash and he got one more for escalating the altercation with his elbow. Seems pretty cut and dry, with little need for interpretation.

samikeyp
05-16-2007, 10:19 AM
I still think Horry gets suspended....maybe for just a game but still suspended.

nkdlunch
05-16-2007, 10:19 AM

do you realize the outcry from Sun and nba fans would be 100x worse had Horry been not suspended or only suspended 1 game?

Kevin Blackistone
05-16-2007, 10:23 AM
I don't disagree with you on Horry's foul, but precedence for a one game suspension had already been set. Go back to Bulls-Heat last year and look at the suspension handed down to James Posey for his "bump" on Kirk Hinrich...it's a similar situation.

On the elbow, if there's one thing the league doesn't tolerate it's escalation of altercations. Horry may have been run up on, but he didn't respond well....the same way he didn't respond well when attempting to bite Jerry Stackhouse during an altercation last year.

Simply put, he got one game (with precedence set) for the "bump" on Nash and he got one more for escalating the altercation with his elbow. Seems pretty cut and dry, with little need for interpretation.

Fair argument although I think the most recent precedents this playoff season have been much more relaxed, and we all know how the NBA likes to change how they handle everything from year to year.

Let's say Horry would have gotten a 1 gamer anyway. Is it fair he gets a two gamer just because Stoudemire is an idiot? I think it's not right and the only reason he got the extra game was to help ensure the series goes seven games and the NBA gets more money.

AFBlue
05-16-2007, 10:24 AM
do you realize the outcry from Sun and nba fans would be 100x worse had Horry been not suspended or only suspended 1 game?

I don't see how. The two decisions were completely independent of one another. Again, Horry was going to be suspended for at least one game, and that would've been justified.

According to league precedent, a hard foul is the same as leaving the bench during an altercation...seems fair to me.

timvp
05-16-2007, 01:12 PM
If the other two wouldn't have been suspended, Horry gets a fine.

violentkitten
05-16-2007, 01:13 PM
of course. the league couldn't be "subjective" with the stoudemire and diaw suspensions so they were with horry's.

Jimcs50
05-16-2007, 01:15 PM
If the other two wouldn't have been suspended, Horry gets a fine.

yep..the foul did not warrant a suspension at all. If Baron Davis did not get suspended, there is no way that Robert deserved one.

MadDog73
05-16-2007, 01:16 PM
As long as we're doing "what if's", what if there was no Altercation?

No Nash and Bell running to Horry. No scuffle. Just a flgrant foul and an ejection.

Would anybody have gotten a suspension?

Obstructed_View
05-16-2007, 01:18 PM
Horry went above the shoulders. That one's pretty clear. He probably would have gotten dinged for that under any circumstances. The flagrant was nothing if not for the reaction.

ChumpDumper
05-16-2007, 01:18 PM

No Nash and Bell running to Horry. No scuffle. Just a flgrant foul and an ejection.

I think Horry would've gotten one game. The league was getting fed up with that shit from losing teams.

Obstructed_View
05-16-2007, 01:20 PM

Absolutely not. If Juwan Howard didn't get suspended for taking out DA, this little mickey mouse hipcheck that the Suns fans are trying to make into a machette attack would be nothing more than a little bulletin board material for the Suns.

Obstructed_View
05-16-2007, 01:21 PM
I think Horry would've gotten one game. The league was getting fed up with that shit from losing teams.
Of course, since the Spurs were only down three at the time, all Horry did at that point was cement his position as a member of the losing team. :lol

LuvBones
05-16-2007, 01:25 PM
Horry deserved at least 1 game after he elbowed Bell. What I wish would have happened is Horry not react so fast and just let Bell take the first swing... no doubt Bell would've been suspended too.

violentkitten
05-16-2007, 01:28 PM
Horry deserved at least 1 game after he elbowed Bell. What I wish would have happened is Horry not react so fast and just let Bell take the first swing... no doubt Bell would've been suspended too.

bell comes down hard on horry after the rebound. horry, probably feeling surly, gives nash a love tap out of bounds. d'antoni freaks out and suddenly it looks like horry killed nash. bell decides to avenge his boyfriend's honor by confronting horry. amare and diaw attempt to join their fuck buddy but then wuss out.

AnkleBreaker21
of course. Horry was suspended 2 games to appease the Sun fags.

I suspect at worst he would have gotten a big fine or even a 1 game suspension. not 2
exactly but okur and the lil great white hope are way different, nash is untouchable, canadians everywhere will be in uproar :lol :lol

LuvBones
Absolutely not. If Juwan Howard didn't get suspended for taking out DA, this little mickey mouse hipcheck that the Suns fans are trying to make into a machette attack would be nothing more than a little bulletin board material for the Suns.:lol Yeah, well just like the suns love to overreact so do the fans...