PDA

View Full Version : Be Prepared For A Free-Throw Contest

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-16-2007, 11:16 AM
I know the league has been doing a fairly good job of keeping the games lively by not calling too many fouls, but I expect tonight's game to be different.

This could easily turn into one of those 80 free-throw nights between the two teams as the refs work to keep things calm.

I'm going to predict 40 Suns free throws to 28 for San Antonio.

I hope it doesn't turn out to be one of those type of games because they never seem to go well for the Spurs.

SAGambler
05-16-2007, 11:19 AM
This could easily turn into one of those 80 free-throw nights between the two teams as the refs work to keep things calm

The Suns may be the one that gets the 80. Try to make up for their suspensions.

I just already know I'm going to hate the way this game is called.

Kevin Blackistone
05-16-2007, 11:20 AM
With all of the scrutiny I would hope the refs don't job the Spurs on the FT attempts for the second straight game, especially when they have the size and paint advantage.

Jimcs50
05-16-2007, 11:20 AM
I know the league has been doing a fairly good job of keeping the games lively by not calling too many fouls, but I expect tonight's game to be different.

This could easily turn into one of those 80 free-throw nights between the two teams as the refs work to keep things calm.

I hope it doesn't turn out to be one of those type of games because they never seem to go well for the Spurs.

Bavetta is in the house, this a given....you remember the 50 FT attempts by Dallas in 05, right?

violentkitten
05-16-2007, 11:21 AM
there may be a lot of trips to the line in the 1st as the refs try to set a tone for the game and clamp down on the physical contact

violentkitten
05-16-2007, 11:21 AM
Bavetta is in the house, this a given....you remember the 50 FT attempts by Dallas in 05, right?

oh shit. 80 it is.

NBA Junkie
05-16-2007, 11:22 AM
Can Bennett Salvatore work back-to-back nights? :lol

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-16-2007, 11:23 AM

Bavetta? Great. Well, that should more than make up for the Amare suspension.

Maybe I should make it 50 to 28.

ThomasGranger
05-16-2007, 11:24 AM
At the very least, it will probably be another 2:1 ratio (favoring the Suns of course). Hopefully the Spurs play through it this time.

mabber
05-16-2007, 11:24 AM

The Suns don't have the players (with Amare & Boris out) to play this way. They are going to have to try hard to stay out of foul trouble.

Jimcs50
05-16-2007, 11:27 AM
The Suns don't have the players (with Amare & Boris out) to play this way. They are going to have to try hard to stay out of foul trouble.

I think the game will be called one sided to make up for Phoenix getting fucked by Stern.

The Spurs will have to play 5 on 8 and be ready to play through it. Pop better get them mentally prepared for it.

mabber
05-16-2007, 11:39 AM
I think the game will be called one sided to make up for Phoenix getting fucked by Stern.

The Spurs will have to play 5 on 8 and be ready to play through it. Pop better get them mentally prepared for it.

Y'all think every game is called one sided against you :rolleyes Why will this game be any different? :lol

Capt Bringdown
05-16-2007, 12:00 PM
Spurs should use their game 4 collapse as motivation to play so damned good that not even the Suns and their refs can stop 'em!
No excuses, and no worries if they play up to their ability.

Jimcs50
05-16-2007, 12:15 PM
Y'all think every game is called one sided against you :rolleyes Why will this game be any different? :lol

:lol

Every fan thinks that the games are called against them...that is the American way, yes?

Walton Buys Off Me
05-16-2007, 12:16 PM
Bennett Salvadore to the rescue......guaranteed

VaSpursFan
05-16-2007, 12:19 PM
spurs better bring it hardcore tonight. pound it in the post and then blow them out by 40.

donc2000
05-16-2007, 12:25 PM
i think you are wrong .... suns will go serious run-&-gun + small ball .. expect barbossa and nash to be in the line-up together ..... Duncan will get his, so will Parker - Finley and Manu need to step up today .....

DDS4
05-16-2007, 12:27 PM
You would think that a team that's so perimeter oriented like the Suns would get less free throws than the Spurs.

But of course we're talking about NBA referees, so throw logic out the window.

T Park
05-16-2007, 12:33 PM
Bennett Salvadore to the rescue......guaranteed

reffed last night in Utah so hes out.

He could be the ref for game 6 though.

mabber
05-16-2007, 12:35 PM
:lol

Every fan thinks that the games are called against them...that is the American way, yes?

Good point!

mabber
05-16-2007, 12:37 PM
i think you are wrong .... suns will go serious run-&-gun + small ball .. expect barbossa and nash to be in the line-up together ..... Duncan will get his, so will Parker - Finley and Manu need to step up today .....

I think there is a strong possibility that this is the way the Suns go. I don't see how they can win any other way. Duncan will score a ton but he'll also have to guard a much smaller & quicker player.

greywheel
05-16-2007, 12:39 PM

This would require that the league did something that they did not want to do in suspending Amare and Diaw. Having heard Stu Jackson on "Mike and Mike" this morning, I believe the league plans to stand by their rule. The ruling was correct. He defined fair as equal application of the rule.
I expect the game to be called tight tonight but not because of justice for the Suns but because they do not want another altercation. While some may expect that to favor the Suns, one must remember their shortage of Phoenix big men. Bigs are usually the first to get into foul trouble. If Kurt Thomas is the first in foul trouble the Spurs should have an easy time tonight.

picnroll
05-16-2007, 12:40 PM
Raja will have to put extra padding on his ass for this game.

timvp
05-16-2007, 01:32 PM
It shouldn't be a free throw shooting contest seeing as these are the two teams in the NBA who foul the least ... and the player who fouls the most on either team is suspended.

But we'll see.

infinite styles
05-16-2007, 01:37 PM
I thought that last was going to be a free throw contest...In the words of D'antoni "Well at least their half, now we have to make it our half."