PDA

View Full Version : Why are NBA fans so stupid?

mjnxn
05-16-2007, 12:24 PM
It's amazing how the media has jumped on the "Spurs are dirty" bandwagon and now everybody and their mom suddenly hates the organization that has been one of the most classiest in the league.

Does Bowen make his cheap shots? Absolutely. But that's not to say that other players in the league don't or didn't do it (ahem, Raja Bell, Karl Malone, Bill Lambieer, Danny Fortson). What Horry did was wrong, but it's unfair to label the entire spurs organization as "dirty" after just one play. We've had some of the league's classiest players come here (do the names DAVID ROBINSON, STEVE SMITH, and TIM DUNCAN come to mind?) and give so much back to the NBA.

I hate this stupid media double standard. I don't want to pick on the Pistons, but by the media's logic Ben Wallace should also be considered dirty. His cheap shot to Ron Artest in 2005 nearly drove an entire Indiana franchise to the ground (who neverthless were heavily favored to come out of the east that year). I didn't see anyone in the press beating him up that year. Why can't Horry get the same respect?

What so many stupid fans and writers fail to realize is that when you are in a competitive game, emotions & adrenaline are running high. Sometimes it gets the best of you. Does this excuse Horry? Hell no, and as a Spurs fan, I'm very disappointed in him. But seriously, calling our organization dirty because of one stupid play is going way too far. It's disappointing to see that so many people disagree with this. Are NBA fans this dumb?

gino>yourlife
05-16-2007, 12:25 PM
well said, i wholeheartedly agree..

bdictjames
05-16-2007, 12:26 PM
Are sports fans this dumb?
That would be a yes. :lol

SAGambler
05-16-2007, 12:27 PM
Well, this is a media driven society. The media says it......it's gospel.

Obstructed_View
05-16-2007, 12:28 PM
One play, that wasn't all that bad. How many flagrants by Golden State against Utah? I seem to recall three in a single game.

Man In Black
It's the media the media....Fight the Power.

Testing
Its not the fans...its the media which is influencing the fans. I have yet to see one objective "analyst" on tv or a reporter point out the Suns "dirty" flaws:

1) Bell: If Bowen is dirty what about Bell...he clotheslines Kobe last year, this year he had a pretty bad foul on ginobili's head in game 1 which everyone seems to have forgotten, his reportoire goes on and on.

2) Amare started this whole thing. Calling the Spurs dirty for a play taht the league didn't even deem neccesary to review and look into really?

3) D Antoni his constant griping, childish antics on the sidelines after a bad call and poor sportsmanship in the postgame interview after each of their 2 losses is not the kind of example you want to set for your team.

4) Nash that foul by horry was bad and unnecsary and he deserves to be punished...but nash clearly flopped a little and milked it for its worth...anyone can see that in the replays.

5) Horry gets fouled two games for that foul while Baron gets nothing for his worse foul? doesn't make sense...

jmard5
05-16-2007, 12:33 PM
Media and the casual NBA fans who jumped into tha bandwagon.

BlackFlagg
05-16-2007, 12:35 PM
That's ok. As soon as all this bomb threat shit gets around, the Spurs will look like choirboys in comparison.

Obstructed_View
05-16-2007, 12:35 PM
Most people just want the Suns to win, and don't care that they don't have any facts to back up their position. I'd wager that the vast majority of those volunteering their opinion haven't even been watching the games. It's like politics, people have a habit of repeating what they hear without processing it or considering it.

Extra Stout
05-16-2007, 12:37 PM
1) This is the nature of the media cycle. It's a feeding frenzy.

2) The Suns are pretty and the public gravitates toward pretty.

3) The seed for the Spurs' "dirtiness" had already been planted by Amare's petulant whining after Game 2.

4) The Spurs are perceived as benefitting from foul play, though they were not the ones who suspended the Suns' players.

5) Phoenicians are whiny bitches.

Sportcamper
05-16-2007, 12:39 PM
The Spurs fans are calling themselves the Dirty Spurs... (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67312&page=1)

Stop Making New Threads!

nkdlunch
05-16-2007, 12:39 PM
I don't know what it is.

My mom is visiting me, she is 50+ and doesn't know shit about NBA. and she saw the game w/me and she was rooting for the Suns. she was cussing Horry out :lol

but next day, when i explained to her about the suspensions, and the NBA rule. and I mentioned "but this guy is the 2nd best player for Suns". she said "but if they have this rule, he should have followed it."

even my old mom gets it! :lol

Mr. Body
05-16-2007, 12:41 PM
Phoenix is full of Republicans and Republicans are whiners.

mabber
05-16-2007, 12:44 PM
Phoenix is full of Republicans and Republicans are whiners.

Democrats are the ones that complain & whine about EVERYTHING.

Obstructed_View
05-16-2007, 12:45 PM
Take it to the political forum, folks. This isn't the place for that crap.

Soul_Patch
05-16-2007, 12:46 PM
I didnt name the spurs "dirty" the media took that upon themselves. My point with my thread was that i love my team regardless of what you say about them.

Id venture to guess the majority of fans you are see'ing reactiosn from are 19 and under.

most of which dont have a full education yet, they are influenced by the whole "streetball: Andone" culture of basketball the last few years. They like high flying dunks etc...Most don't ever think past what they hear from someone on TV.

TV says it, it is the rule of law.

Id venture to guess as well the majority of basketball fans don't subscribe to this messageboard, nor do they follow all the internet gossip about this series. They cant be bothered to worry about it either way.

florige
05-16-2007, 02:02 PM
Most people just want the Suns to win, and don't care that they don't have any facts to back up their position. I'd wager that the vast majority of those volunteering their opinion haven't even been watching the games. It's like politics, people have a habit of repeating what they hear without processing it or considering it.

Exactly. Everyone is tired of seeing the same ole "boring" Spurs year after year win it. Now ANYTHING ANYONE on our team does that may be the least bit questionable, then oh my the Sprus have lost their class. You know what F you!! After we won the 99 title everyone was saying that it shoud be an asterisk because of the shortened season. Let that had been the Bulls no one would have even batted an eye. If Amare and Diaw were that retarded to leave the bench area for a foul then thats on them and Phx. In the future maybe teams should chk out their players GPA records more closely before they are so quick to bring morons on to their team who could possibly damage their chances of winning.

MadDog73
05-16-2007, 02:04 PM
Even the Express News fron page has a story about the Spurs being "dirty" - including letters from "life-long" Spurs fans who are now rooting for the Suns!

So, yeah, people are stupid. I really don't get it.

AnkleBreaker21
05-16-2007, 02:06 PM
well the suns are the media darlings,spurs keep roughing up the main one.the shit is now hitting the fan:lol:lol

stretch
05-16-2007, 02:12 PM
One play, that wasn't all that bad. How many flagrants by Golden State against Utah? I seem to recall three in a single game.
Utah and Golden State have more respect for each other, than Phoenix and San Antonio does. Phoenix and San Antonio hate each other. I'd say that the "rivalry" factor blows things up a bit more. There are fights all the time in baseball, but half the time, no one knows or cares about them. But the second there is a Red-Sox/Yankees fight, everyone hears about it and its all over the news.

sunsbum
05-16-2007, 02:14 PM
its not about being a media darling, THE WHOLE FUCKIN WORLD sees how cheap and dirty you are, its not just suns fans anymore. take off your blinders.

MadDog73
05-16-2007, 02:15 PM
its not about being a media darling, THE WHOLE FUCKIN WORLD sees how cheap and dirty you are, its not just suns fans anymore. take off your blinders.

I'll bet you money Argentina still roots for us...

mjnxn
05-16-2007, 03:05 PM

Then why can't you, and the "WHOLE FUCKIN WORLD" see how cheap and dirty your boy Raja Bell is?

florige
05-16-2007, 03:15 PM
Then why can't you, and the "WHOLE FUCKIN WORLD" see how cheap and dirty your boy Raja Bell is?

No it's OK for Bell to clothesline someone aka WWE style. As long as it's someone for their team it's ok. I thought you knew that...

mjnxn
05-16-2007, 03:16 PM
No it's OK for Bell to clothesline someone aka WWE style. As long as it's someone for their team it's ok. I thought you knew that...

Sorry, I haven't gotten my daily dose of ESPN yet. :bang

SpurOutofTownFan
05-16-2007, 03:21 PM
It's making me sick indeed. But you know what. After the Spurs take home tonight's game, all of this will be forgotten for good. Hopefully, the Spurs will be playing a more physical team like Utah that doesn't whine even before the series start. I look forward to the finals.

the_wall
05-16-2007, 03:21 PM
This whole "the Spurs are dirty" line is getting old and is very dumb. The Spurs aren't dirty is any way shape or form. I agree that Horry should have made his foul in a different manner, but it wasn't a dirty foul or meant to hurt Nash. If the Suns think that this the Spurs are dirty, then they really shouldn't be playing in the playoffs. The play so far hasn't been that physical or dirty. Nothing compared to Golden State, Utah, or even Denver. Just imagine if the Suns had been playing the Warriors in the second round. The amount of whining and complaining about the dirty Warriors would have reached histroic proporitons. Popovich is the calmest in control coach in the NBA. When he gets a technical, it is for a reason. He is also the classiest person around and NEVER whines about the reffing after a game. (Unlike a certain coach I won't name). The Spurs may lose tonight and they may lose the series, and I will be upset but I will get over it. I may want to blame the refs, but I am not going to go to another teams forum and whine about the other team playing hard. All the complaining is sounding like a bunch of 5 year olds. "Mommy, Mommy, he's touchning me!!!" "Make him stop it Mommy." "He is looking at me again, STOP IT!!!"

EYES ON THE PRIZE
05-16-2007, 03:28 PM
http://attachments.wetpaintserv.us/h8Axo8kxbJb8NgPf2irvmA%3D%3D99979