us about the will of the people?

Of those who don't know what I am talking about. It
was the vote to cut off funds for the troops in Iraq. It
went down in defeat by that margin.

Anyone want to tell me who is lying about the will of
the people?

RandomGuy
05-18-2007, 08:56 AM
This might actually mean something if we could trust you to actually tell the truth about the bill in question, and not give some slanted partisan interpretation of it.
As it is, you have not provided any link to the wording of the bill, and ask us to render an opinion based on your half-truthful accounting of it.

Sorry, but I don't work that way. I will give you an honest answer if you give me honest information, like a link where I can actually read what was voted on.

E20
05-20-2007, 02:16 AM
For a minute I thought this was about the Mavericks.

Fillmoe
05-20-2007, 02:26 AM

so did i... :lol :lol

Carlos Mencia
05-20-2007, 03:36 AM
More proof the Texas school system is flawed

xrayzebra
05-20-2007, 02:41 PM
This might actually mean something if we could trust you to actually tell the truth about the bill in question, and not give some slanted partisan interpretation of it.
As it is, you have not provided any link to the wording of the bill, and ask us to render an opinion based on your half-truthful accounting of it.

Sorry, but I don't work that way. I will give you an honest answer if you give me honest information, like a link where I can actually read what was voted on.

No truth to tell, it is fact. RG you might learn to read
sometime and listen too. Anyhow, here is a link for you.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070517/ap_on_go_co/senate_rollvote_us_iraq

rascal
05-21-2007, 11:58 AM
I'm tired of paying for this unjust war.

xrayzebra
05-21-2007, 02:52 PM

Really, write your Congressman and Senator! It's that
simple.

Wild Cobra
05-28-2007, 06:11 PM
The left, and their partners in propaganda... the media... would have us believe it is the will of the people to pull our troops out now. However, that is taken from loaded polling questions. Hell, I want our troops home too. But, not until we complete this mission.

There was a underreported polling question. The same time most people polled said they want us to bring the troops home, a poll including restoring Iraq to civil order had 68% of the people stating to bring the troops home AFTER this civil order was restored over there!

The actual wording of polls and the remarks before the questions are important. Be careful in believing what the mainstream media reports. about 80% of them are leftists! This colors their reporting.

boutons_
05-28-2007, 06:46 PM
"we complete this mission."

Ah yes, that old movable goalpost, the "mission".

Just what is the much-re-defined "mission" this week?

I won't bother to list all the missions that have failed.

And don't even bother with the mission of "restore general security" as that is obviously out of reach, and has been for years.

smeagol
05-28-2007, 07:56 PM
I've been paying for this useless war . . . and I'm not even American!

dallaskd
05-28-2007, 08:42 PM
what? is this thread about Iraq or the mavs?

rascal
05-28-2007, 09:55 PM
Mainstream media? Why is consevative talk radio not considered mainstream media by the conservatives?

Talk radio is the most politically slanted propaganda anywhere and it reaches millions.

Wild Cobra
05-29-2007, 04:01 AM
Mainstream media? Why is consevative talk radio not considered mainstream media by the conservatives?
What? You really have to ask?

Conservative talk radio is only a small segment of the media. Sure, most of talk radio is conservative. The reason for is that AM radio has become a thing of the past for music, and entrepreneurs, who are generally conservative, used it as an inexpensive means of news and political programming. There are dozens of libertarian and conservative hosts making money on this format that the mainstream media refuses to give them a voice on. Talk radio has become the balance to the leftist, mainstream media. Most newspapers and TV news formats are biased liberal. Those who think it is a moderate, or even right format are just farther to the left than the format. I would suggest the primary reason that talk radio has few successful programs to the left is that the mainstream media already is so much left, they don't need to resort to radio for more leftist propaganda. Sure, some papers and news programs are centered. Some publications and very few papers are to the right. The prominent circulation of magazines, newspapers, and TV news however is liberal.

Talk radio is the most politically slanted propaganda anywhere and it reaches millions.

Politically slanted. Yes. Propaganda, some yes. NPR and Air America are prime examples of propaganda outlets. Most of the hosts on the right speak with well founded facts. It is very hard to find factual errors on the content beyond a 3% point. Nobody's perfect. There are exceptions to the factual conservatives. People like Michael Savage gives us conservatives a bad name.

rascal
05-29-2007, 06:42 AM
Conservative radio is far more propaganda biased then any other news you would get over the major tv networks or newspapers. Newspaper circulation is down. People just don't have the time to read newspapers and with the quick news access the internet provides this trend will continue. Conservative radio has more media impact then newspapers and the 1/2 hour news broadcasts on major networks which is far more to the middle then conservative radio is.

So don't bring up the conservative coin phrase liberal media because conservative talk radio is a big part of the media.

Conservative radio has more political biased media impact then the major news networks.

johngateswhiteley
05-29-2007, 07:51 AM
More proof the Texas school system is flawed

no kidding. i'm pretty sure the NBA has an 82 game season, not 96.

xrayzebra
05-29-2007, 07:53 AM
^^have you ever listen to talk radio? Listen to Rush, the
complete three hours. 90 percent of what he broadcast is what
is published by other media. Or said by the politicians, themselves.

And he doesn't advertise himself as anything but a conservative.
And entertainer. And has about 19 million listeners. Also
makes a ton of money and doesn;t mind telling you so.

johngateswhiteley
05-29-2007, 07:58 AM
Conservative radio is far more propaganda biased then any other news you would get over the major tv networks or newspapers.

thats just stupid talk. there is spin in anything and everything you hear...

Wild Cobra
05-29-2007, 08:58 PM
thats just stupid talk. there is spin in anything and everything you hear...
Can you give me any examples, or are you being a good liberal Kool-Aid drinker and repeating what you are told?

Most conservative hosts use unimpeachable facts! Since when are facts propaganda?

Nbadan
05-29-2007, 09:05 PM
Most conservative hosts use unimpeachable facts! Since when are facts propaganda?

:lmao

No they don't. Spend some more time here, you'll eventually get it.

ChumpDumper
05-29-2007, 09:09 PM
Most conservative hosts use unimpeachable facts!:rollin

Sigworthy.

RandomGuy
05-30-2007, 10:07 AM
No truth to tell, it is fact. RG you might learn to read
sometime and listen too. Anyhow, here is a link for you.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070517/ap_on_go_co/senate_rollvote_us_iraq

Butthead. You can't tell me I'm not reading if you didn't include the link in the original post so I CAN read for myself.

Thank you for the link.

RandomGuy
05-30-2007, 10:10 AM
what? is this thread about Iraq or the mavs?

It is about Iraqi mavs fans. All 3 of them.

RandomGuy
05-30-2007, 10:11 AM

The Troll forum is that way >>>>>>>>>

If you are for real, then: WTF?

Yonivore
05-30-2007, 11:12 AM
And I'm tired of paying for a corrupt, fraudulent, and inefficient nanny-state, entitlement-heavy government.

And, I'm paying a lot more for that than you are for what you characterize as an "unjust" war.

clambake
05-30-2007, 11:26 AM
And I'm tired of paying for a corrupt, fraudulent, and inefficient nanny-state, entitlement-heavy government.

And, I'm paying a lot more for that than you are for what you characterize as an "unjust" war.
How so? You have family over there? Donating?

Yonivore
05-30-2007, 11:31 AM
How so? You have family over there? Donating?

http://www.warresisters.org/images/pieFY08.gif
7% vs. 32%

clambake
05-30-2007, 11:36 AM
ok What does rascal pay?

spurster
05-30-2007, 03:28 PM
The Democrats caved in. Disgusting.

Yonivore
05-30-2007, 04:38 PM
That's probably the least disgusting thing Democrats have ever done...

rascal
05-30-2007, 04:39 PM

Whats this about? Caved in on what?

rascal
05-30-2007, 04:44 PM
Where is that chart from? Break Human resources up into its parts. 7% on Iraq is too much. Where is the interest on the debt?