PDA

View Full Version : Amare speaks.....

florige
05-16-2007, 02:22 PM
I am disappointed that the NBA looked at the letter of the rule and not the spirit of the rule. I admit I stepped on the court, and that I should have had some more restraint, but Tim Duncan did the same thing but just not in such an aggressive manner. The rules are the rules, and I abide by them, and in that same vein, I think it would be beneficial for the league then to have also taken a further look at Tim Duncan," Stoudemire said

www.espn.com

Sorry Kori if this is somewhere else. :)

ducks
05-16-2007, 02:23 PM
amare needs to read the rules again

samikeyp
Too bad Tim Duncan didn't do the same thing.

AnkleBreaker21
well we all know what ever comes out of Stoudemire's mouth is all bullshit

violentkitten
05-16-2007, 02:25 PM
rofl. good stuff.

picnroll
05-16-2007, 02:26 PM
Can anyone imagine Duncan saying to the press:

I am disappointed that the NBA looked at the letter of the rule and not the spirit of the rule. I admit I stepped on the court, and that I should have had some more restraint, but Amare Stoudemire did the same thing but just not in such an aggressive manner. The rules are the rules, and I abide by them, and in that same vein, I think it would be beneficial for the league then to have also taken a further look at Amare Stoudemire."

This guy defines the word pussy.

mFFL03
05-16-2007, 02:27 PM
suspend TD and Bowen

fire David Stern and Stu Jackson

ajh18
I think its funny that he complains about the league looking at the "letter of the rule and not the spirit of the rule" in one sentence, and then argues that Duncan should be looked at by the league because he "did the same thing but just not in such an aggressive manner" in the next...

florige
Yeah you clearly F up and then you try to throw the other guy under the bus. :lol

T Park
You can tell that was written for him.

Hes not even that close to that articulate or that level of intelligence.

spurs_fan_in_exile
So now he's trying to get Duncan in trouble too? Pathetic. If this series goes long enough I think he'll find a way to implicate Vaughn in the Kennedy assassination.

MadDog73
Man, I almost feel sorry for the guy...

First he says he's disappointed the league followed the rules...

but then he says he's disappointed they didn't suspend Tim Duncan for not breaking the rules.

It makes my head hurt.

itzsoweezee
05-16-2007, 02:28 PM
if the spurs lose to this bunch of pussies i will never support the spurs again. only thing worse than a bitchmade team is losing to a bitchmade team.

AnkleBreaker21
05-16-2007, 02:28 PM
wells he's just a robot saying whatever the coach tells him to say, come on now amare cant come up with that shit by himself:lol:lol

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-16-2007, 02:29 PM
Can anyone imagine Duncan saying to the press:

I am disappointed that the NBA looked at the letter of the rule and not the spirit of the rule. I admit I stepped on the court, and that I should have had some more restraint, but Amare Stoudemire did the same thing but just not in such an aggressive manner. The rules are the rules, and I abide by them, and in that same vein, I think it would be beneficial for the league then to have also taken a further look at Amare Stoudemire."

This guy defines the word pussy.
No way does Duncan bother with four whole sentences.
"I think the rule's retarded, but, hey, whatever."

Texas_Ranger
Amare should shut up.

violentkitten
did he issue this statement via pushups in morse code?

LuvBones
How does this team have so many fans again? What a bunch of whiny bitches.

timvp
05-16-2007, 02:30 PM
A) I thought Amare was checking in :lmao

B) This is like kindergarten all over again. "But teacher, Timmy was running with scissors too! :cry"

CosmicCowboy
05-16-2007, 02:31 PM
Aw c'mon guys. He was just trying to check in to the scorers table. He thought those coaches hanging off his jersey were just dragging along with him to make sure he did it right.

samikeyp
"Now Amare, if the other kids jumped off a cliff...would you do it too?"

:lol

williemoonshine
Didnt that thug Amare see Camron's 60min special... DONT SNITCH!

florige
05-16-2007, 02:32 PM

B) This is like kindergarten all over again. "But teacher, Timmy was running with scissors too! :cry"

I guess he thought his lame excuse would work. Now thats he's gone "what about Timmy wah!!!!"

degenerate_gambler
05-16-2007, 02:32 PM

A) no shit

B) nofuckingshit

spurschick
05-16-2007, 02:33 PM
He'll be loaded for bear Friday night... we need to be ready.

florige
05-16-2007, 02:33 PM

Really!! :lol

clambake
05-16-2007, 02:34 PM
Of course duncan would never say that. People don't intentionally try to injure him or his teammates. I'm sure duncan is upset about this path to the title.

judaspriestess
05-16-2007, 02:34 PM
I am disappointed that the NBA looked at the letter of the rule and not the spirit of the rule. I admit I stepped on the court, and that I should have had some more restraint, but Tim Duncan did the same thing but just not in such an aggressive manner. The rules are the rules, and I abide by them, and in that same vein, I think it would be beneficial for the league then to have also taken a further look at Tim Duncan," Stoudemire said

www.espn.com

amare is just like bush he is such a tool and is told what to say even if it reaks of stupidity. :lol What a fucking idiot.

S_A_Longhorn
05-16-2007, 02:35 PM

You beat me to it! :lol

I guess Duncan was also checking in too....

Jelly
05-16-2007, 02:35 PM

I think those were his thoughts but someone translated them into proper English for us. Anyone care to guess what his exact words were pre-translation?

judaspriestess
05-16-2007, 02:36 PM
Of course duncan would never say that. People don't intentionally try to injure him or his teammates. I'm sure duncan is upset about this path to the title.

don't be ridiculous the title is NOT GUARANTEED. This series is not even over yet. :rolleyes

samikeyp
05-16-2007, 02:37 PM
I am just curious as to why Amare thinks the rules don't apply to him.

ambchang
05-16-2007, 02:37 PM
The more I watch/read about this guy, the more he reminds me of a young Shaq.
Incredibly athletic, amazing hops (see younger Shaq), incredibly powerful, but doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut.
His talk about Bowen's kick feels eerily similar to Shaq saying DRob ignored his autograph request, it sounds like something they made up to pump himself up.
Both regularly fails to respect the opponent, and make up excuses for their own failures, I mean, the immature level of either one of them is off the charts.

greywheel
05-16-2007, 02:38 PM
Here is a more direct link to the article.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2007/news/story?id=2872357

cherylsteele
suspend TD and Bowen

fire David Stern and Stu Jackson
Sounds like you have a case of these:
http://www.sallyminker.com/art/2-d/images/grapes-print.jpg

florige
I think those were his thoughts but someone translated them into proper English for us. Anyone care to guess what his exact words were pre-translation?

duh,duh,duh, duh, duh, duh, duh

SpurOutofTownFan
05-16-2007, 02:39 PM
I can't believe this guy tried to get TD in trouble. I mean, if there's anything cheaper than that then let me know where so I can buy by the dozen.

Testing
05-16-2007, 02:40 PM
Wow, that's not even logical. If you want to retaliate, take a subtle jab at Horry and how he lost his cool. Why would you even try to justify bringing Tim Duncan into this? When it wasn't even an issue?

T Park
05-16-2007, 02:41 PM

I would, but then I would be accused of being a racist.

beirmeistr
No way does Duncan bother with four whole sentences.
"I think the rule's retarded, but, hey, whatever."
Right, but he would probably start his speech with "Uuuuummmmmmm."

clambake
The only thing cheaper than that was played out on the court 2 nights ago.

tlongII
05-16-2007, 02:42 PM
I can't believe this guy tried to get TD in trouble. I mean, if there's anything cheaper than that then let me know where so I can buy by the dozen.

Maybe you can buy a dozen Bowen leg kicks or knees to the groin, or perhaps a dozen Horry body checks?

AFBlue
05-16-2007, 02:43 PM

Yeah, this was my thought exactly. I was just waiting for David Stern to issues a statement saying...

"No 'buts' mister, now go to your room!"

CaptainLate
05-16-2007, 02:43 PM
well we all know what ever comes out of Stoudemire's mouth is all bullshit

Confirmed by the fact that he lied about being told by D'antoni to check in. Take it like a man, AS(s).

sa_butta
05-16-2007, 02:44 PM
The only thing cheaper than that was played out on the court 2 nights ago.More played out than the Spurs being dirty??

florige
05-16-2007, 02:44 PM
Wow, that's not even logical. If you want to retaliate, take a subtle jab at Horry and how he lost his cool. Why would you even try to justify bringing Tim Duncan into this? When it wasn't even an issue?

He is taking a jab at our best player. He knows that if Duncan isn't playing then without him or Diaw their chances are about even. He knows that Duncan should put up about 50 tonight.

Budkin
05-16-2007, 02:45 PM

I was just thinking the same thing. He doesn't even know what "beneficial" means. :lol

sa_butta
05-16-2007, 02:45 PM
Confirmed by the fact that he lied about being told by D'antoni to check in. Take it like a man, AS(s).Exactly, where in the pictures did you see D'Antoni signal Stoudemire in? And who gets off the bench with a towel on to check in for the game?

florige
05-16-2007, 02:47 PM
The game was freakin over. Why would the moron be checking in>??

TampaDude
05-16-2007, 02:48 PM

When I use Google to translate that into Spanish and then back to English, I get:

I am disappointed that NBA watched the letter of the rule and not of the alcohol of the rule. I admit that I walked in the cut, and that I must have had more lodging, but Tim Duncan made the same thing but just not of a so aggressive way. The rules are the rules, and I follow they, and about which the same vein, I thinks I would be beneficial that the league then also done a glance another Tim Duncan.

Which is still far more intelligent-sounding than anything Amare could ever write.

desertlobo
05-16-2007, 02:49 PM
I don't know what everyones complaining about. SA still has to play @ Phoenix against a VERY hostile crowd tonight and I gurantee the league will even this out by putting several of our players in foul trouble. Look for TD and possibly one other of our star players to be in foul trouble to even the playing field. I love the NBA but ultimately its about money and ratings. Go Spurs.

ThomasGranger
05-16-2007, 02:49 PM

Maybe he figured to spend some time at point guard.

CaptainLate
05-16-2007, 02:50 PM
So now he's trying to get Duncan in trouble too? Pathetic. If this series goes long enough I think he'll find a way to implicate Vaughn in the Kennedy assassination.

I thought he was. :lol

See http://www.jfkmurdersolved.com/index.htm

caŽlo
well amare.. i guess u just have to pray harder tonight dumbass

ducks
so amare has called out
manu
bowen
duncan
who is next?

florige
05-16-2007, 02:51 PM
He called out Manu?

cornbread
05-16-2007, 02:52 PM
so amare has called out
manu
bowen
duncan
who is next?
Anybody except for himself.

Trainwreck2100
05-16-2007, 02:54 PM
He should call out macaroni for not doing his job and holding his ass on the bench

TDMVPDPOY
05-16-2007, 02:55 PM
seriously wtf has this jackass against tim duncan

first it was in 04/05 when he outplays td in the series and reckons he shouldve started on the olympic team over TD, then you have the pushups
then the dirty spurs campaign
black jesus lieing on tv when the replay is shown, give me a fuckn break jackass

dbreiden83080
05-16-2007, 02:59 PM

www.espn.com

Amare we all know that you skipped college but take some reading classes and review the rules again. No altercation means no suspension, what you did was different so stop pandering for someone else to be in the same boat as you.

mVp
05-16-2007, 02:59 PM
I pity the fool

infinite styles
05-16-2007, 03:01 PM

I was going to say the same thing.

dbreiden83080
05-16-2007, 03:03 PM
seriously wtf has this jackass against tim duncan

first it was in 04/05 when he outplays td in the series and reckons he shouldve started on the olympic team over TD, then you have the pushups
then the dirty spurs campaign
black jesus lieing on tv when the replay is shown, give me a fuckn break jackass

I don't know but he is not on TD's level as a player so maybe if he spent more time in the gym and less time talking smack he would get closer to TD.

ducks
05-16-2007, 03:04 PM
He called out Manu?
he said manu and bowen are dirty

cornbread
05-16-2007, 03:05 PM
He should call out macaroni for not doing his job and holding his ass on the bench
That's what I've been wondering. Why aren't the Suns fans complaining that D'antoni's drunk brother and Ivaroni didn't do their job and keep the players on the bench? That is part of their job responsibility.

TDMVPDPOY
05-16-2007, 03:07 PM
4yrs of college wouldve done wonders for his english and literacy ........ so who did he pay to have his questions answered?

Extra Stout
05-16-2007, 03:07 PM
My disgust at the way a flawed rule tarnishes this playoff series has been exceeded by my disgust at what gutless pussies Amare Stoudemire, Mike D'Antoni, and the Phoenix Suns organization are.

florige
05-16-2007, 03:11 PM
he said manu and bowen are dirty

I bet if they were up in the series 3-1 he would probably be praising the Spurs calling them one of the classiest teams out there. It seems like with him as soon as things starts to go against him some he starts complaining. I guess to justify, or maybe it just lets him sleep better at night. Who knows with this guy....

SpurOutofTownFan
05-16-2007, 03:11 PM
The only thing cheaper than that was played out on the court 2 nights ago.

No, there's nothing cheaper than Jason Terry.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-16-2007, 03:12 PM
Maybe you can buy a dozen Bowen leg kicks or knees to the groin, or perhaps a dozen Horry body checks?

Maybe you can buy a team that wins something.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-16-2007, 03:13 PM

That's a good one. Good catch.

TDMVPDPOY
05-16-2007, 03:16 PM
dunno why his complaining about the physical side of bball, when this clown was the person that dude pushups in the middle of game to showoff his alphamale.

DarrinS
05-16-2007, 03:16 PM
Isn't Amare 1st or 2nd in the league in fouls?

Is he a dirty player?

Or just a poor defender?

Both?

Trainwreck2100
05-16-2007, 03:17 PM
4yrs of college wouldve done wonders for his english and literacy ........ so who did he pay to have his questions answered?

Actually, instead of getting blown by the cheerleaders in high school, studying would have done good for him

SpurOutofTownFan
05-16-2007, 03:18 PM
I bet if they were up in the series 3-1 he would probably be praising the Spurs calling them one of the classiest teams out there. It seems like with him as soon as things starts to go against him some he starts complaining. I guess to justify, or maybe it just lets him sleep better at night. Who knows with this guy....

Probably. The classic "we are very fortunate we got away with this one. They are the best team in the league".

smeagol
05-16-2007, 03:21 PM
Amare is the George Karl of NBA players

florige
05-16-2007, 03:25 PM
Amare is the George Karl of NBA players

At least some of Karl's complaints are legit. When Amare sounds off its like wtf???

CaptainLate
05-16-2007, 04:08 PM
He is taking a jab at our best player...He knows that Duncan should put up about 50 tonight.

Yeah, if he can hit his FTs. :madrun

sabar
05-16-2007, 04:11 PM
Wow, will Amare EVER learn to shut his mouth?

cherylsteele
05-16-2007, 04:12 PM
Imagine that teacher in those Peanuts cartoons.

hater
05-16-2007, 04:13 PM
"But Timmy did it too!!!"

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb177/hater79/trin_carebears3copy.jpg

:lmao

what a fucking baby!

florige
05-16-2007, 04:14 PM
Imagine that teacher in those Peanuts cartoons.

:lol

CaptainLate
05-16-2007, 04:15 PM
I don't know what everyones complaining about....I gurantee the league will even this out by putting several of our players in foul trouble....I love the NBA but ultimately its about money and ratings. Go Spurs.

It's always been about $ under Stern and those other "commissioners" of the major sports.

jmard5
05-16-2007, 04:15 PM
IQ below sea level! Horrible, I say.

nashty
05-16-2007, 04:16 PM
Too bad Tim Duncan didn't do the same thing.

they did....with the diference that after amare did it an "altercation" began.

cherylsteele
05-16-2007, 04:21 PM
they did....with the diference that after amare did it an "altercation" began.
Uh....Timmy wasn't rushing the court in said incident...he took a couple of steps.....hell he could probably still have touched the bench with his hand because he was still that close to the bench. Plus the rule is clear....."altercation" is the key word. Elson just sat there for a moment looking for a foul, while the game continued.

JamStone
05-16-2007, 04:21 PM
I actually think there's an angle in what he said that really hasn't been addressed yet.

Both Amare and Tim Duncan stepped on the court after an incident. However, Tim will not be suspended because an altercation did not ensue.

But, if you look at when Amare stepped on the court, it could very well be argued that he stepped on the court right after Nash was fouled but before any real altercation occurred. While Tim Duncan stepped on the court after Elson flipped over James Jones but before any altercation could have occurred.

Now, since there was no altercation in that case, Tim Duncan will not be suspended. But, if James Jones had turned around and bumped into Elson, then we can reasonably guess that Tim Duncan would have suspended.

So, in actuality, Amare got suspended based on Raja Bell's decision to confront Robert Horry while Tim Duncan will not get suspended because neither Elson nor James Jones decided to get into each other's face.

My point is that both Amare and Tim Duncan reacted to a play on the court, and the differentiating factor on why one player is suspended and the other is not is based on how the players on the court decided to act after the incident on the court.

How is Amare supposed to foresee the future in terms of whether an altercation would occur or not. Had James Jones turned around and talked some trash to Elson and Elson bumped chests with James Jones, that would have triggered the rule to apply to Duncan.

Both players were prepared to look out for their teammate. Duncan was ready to make sure Elson was ok. But, again, had an altercation ensued, he would have been in the same situation. Amare was ready to protect Nash. Had Raja Bell not confronted Horry, there might not have been any "altercation."

I just see that there is another angle as to why the rule has its problems. Different situations and different temperments of players might be the determining factor in suspensions. And, if Amare got up and went away from the bench right after Nash was fouled but before Raja Bell actually confronted Horry and pushes were thrown, I think it's very much the same situation as Tim Duncan stepping on the court after Elson was flipped over before any altercation could have taken place.

hater
05-16-2007, 04:22 PM
it could very well be argued that he stepped on the court right after Nash was fouled but before any real altercation occurred.

no it can't be argued. Decision has been taken. time to move on.

ChumpDumper
05-16-2007, 04:24 PM
How is Amare supposed to foresee the future in terms of whether an altercation would occur or not.He's required to do no such thing. Just stay in the area of the bench.

nashty
05-16-2007, 04:26 PM
Uh....Timmy wasn't rushing the court in said incident...he took a couple of steps.....hell he could probably still have touched the bench with his hand because he was still that close to the bench. Plus the rule is clear....."altercation" is the key word. Elson just sat there for a moment looking for a foul, while the game continued.

I'm just saying they did the same thing in different conditions. I know this argument is going nowhere 'cause I don't even think the league can define "vecinity of the bench", so I'm just gonna live it there and let you guys watch the second bigguest choke job this season. The Suns have nothing to lose in tonights game. If they loose then it was "expected", but if they win....ooohhhh!!! that's going te be very interesting.

nashty
05-16-2007, 04:28 PM
He's required to do no such thing. Just stay in the area of the bench.

the same way Duncan did on the Elson incident.....oh wait.... he didn't....

ChumpDumper
05-16-2007, 04:31 PM
the same way Duncan did on the Elson incident.....oh wait.... he didn't....Right. He's lucky the league decided there was no altercation. Of course I don't have any picture of how far away from the bench he was. Maybe you do.

nkdlunch
05-16-2007, 04:32 PM
How is Amare supposed to foresee the future in terms of whether an altercation would occur or not. Had James Jones turned around and talked some trash to Elson and Elson bumped chests with James Jones, that would have triggered the rule to apply to Duncan.

If you watch the replay, Amare kept walking forward way after the altercation started. Had he stopped right when the altercation started, he would not have been in trouble. I saw the replay dozens of times, Amare took 2 steps, then the altercation started, he proceeded to take 12 more steps.

mikekim
05-16-2007, 04:32 PM
What Amare really wrote:

i did't do nuhthing rong. i thaaht that timmy d did the saym thing. He shud bee suhspended two. Dis shit suhks. I hayt the N-B-A.

JamStone
05-16-2007, 05:36 PM
He's required to do no such thing. Just stay in the area of the bench.

exactly. duncan should have done the same thing even though no "altercation" ensued. that's the point.

JamStone
05-16-2007, 05:40 PM
If you watch the replay, Amare kept walking forward way after the altercation started. Had he stopped right when the altercation started, he would not have been in trouble. I saw the replay dozens of times, Amare took 2 steps, then the altercation started, he proceeded to take 12 more steps.

fair point. and, i actually agree with how the league responded to the events of game 4. my only point is that tim duncan was spared a suspension simply because two players who could have gotten into an altercation decided not to, while amare did get suspended because raja bell decided to stick up for his teammate in a confrontational manner.

your point is well taken. i believe though had amare stopped after those first two steps, he still would have gotten suspended SIMPLY because an altercation ensued. i don't know for a fact, but i believe it would have happened anyway.

stu jackson mentioned how tim duncan reacted in concern for his teammate. can't the same argument be made that amare reacted in concern for nash?

i just think that the suspensions are predicated too much based on whether an altercation occurred or not, without regard for the intentions of the players who move away from the bench area, when an altercation doesn't necessarily always occur.

ChumpDumper
05-16-2007, 05:41 PM
exactly. duncan should have done the same thing even though no "altercation" ensued. that's the point.Right.

So we're in agreement.

Done and done.

Obstructed_View
05-16-2007, 05:42 PM
That's the funniest shit I've ever read. Way to play both sides against the middle, Amare.

ChumpDumper
05-16-2007, 05:42 PM
i just think that the suspensions are predicated too much based on whether an altercation occurred or not, without regard for the intentions of the players who move away from the bench area, when an altercation doesn't necessarily always occur.Write me guidelines for determining intent during an altercation.

Obstructed_View
05-16-2007, 05:45 PM
fair point. and, i actually agree with how the league responded to the events of game 4. my only point is that tim duncan was spared a suspension simply because two players who could have gotten into an altercation decided not to, while amare did get suspended because raja bell decided to stick up for his teammate in a confrontational manner.

your point is well taken. i believe though had amare stopped after those first two steps, he still would have gotten suspended SIMPLY because an altercation ensued. i don't know for a fact, but i believe it would have happened anyway.

stu jackson mentioned how tim duncan reacted in concern for his teammate. can't the same argument be made that amare reacted in concern for nash?

i just think that the suspensions are predicated too much based on whether an altercation occurred or not, without regard for the intentions of the players who move away from the bench area, when an altercation doesn't necessarily always occur.
What Duncan did was stupid, and it could have cost him if the two guys hadn't just gotten untangled and run down the court. I haven't re-watched it, but Duncan might have stood up to cheer the original Dunk and just took a step toward the play. Again, it was dumb dumb dumb and he dodged a bullet because if there'd been any shoving, he'd be watching the game from the hotel regardless of whether he was cheering the dunk or not.

That said, Amare ran toward Horry. Amare has been itching for this the entire series, and you know it. He's had this false persecution complex that he's trotted out to the media and worked himself into a frenzy about it. He fucked up.

miss paxton
05-16-2007, 05:51 PM
I haven't re-watched it, but Duncan might have stood up to cheer the original Dunk and just took a step toward the play. Again, it was dumb dumb dumb and he dodged a bullet because if there'd been any shoving, he'd be watching the game from the hotel regardless of whether he was cheering the dunk or not.

Yes, I think that's what happened. And I agree it was dumb. I expect nobody on the bench is going to be standing up and cheering any plays tonight, out of paranoia.

ObiwanGinobili
05-16-2007, 05:54 PM
so amare has called out
manu
bowen
duncan
who is next?

the coyote.

Obstructed_View
05-16-2007, 05:54 PM
Yes, I think that's what happened. And I agree it was dumb. I expect nobody on the bench is going to be standing up and cheering any plays tonight, out of paranoia.
I wouldn't be a bit surprised that, after Duncan did that, the Spurs made sure to remind everyone on the bench not to do that. It may have actually saved them after Nash's flop.

GrandeDavid
05-16-2007, 06:11 PM
Hey, Amare, why don't you swallow some more of these :)

http://www.bellybar.co.uk/media/v405_bitch_disk_tongue_bar_ball.JPG

ducks
05-16-2007, 06:16 PM
how far did duncan go on the court?

GrandeDavid
05-16-2007, 06:18 PM

I took a day course in Hobitch once. I'll give it a shot:

I ain' di' sheeyit!!!

Obstructed_View
05-16-2007, 06:20 PM
Steve Kerr said "several steps".

picnroll
05-16-2007, 06:21 PM
He made it to a little short of the three point line. 2-3 Duncan steps.

nkdlunch
05-16-2007, 06:23 PM
how far did duncan go on the court?

pretty far, about 2 steps inside the 3pt line