PDA

View Full Version : Paper, Rock, Scissors Tournament win for Texas...

sa_butta
05-16-2007, 03:08 PM
A male nurse from Texas won £25,000 after winning the final of the US Rock Paper Scissors Tournament.

Jaime Langridge, from Odessa, beat more than 300 contestants to the title, reports The Times.

http://www.ananova.com/images/web/981717.jpg
The pre-tournament favourite, Antonie "Shears" Maanum, was eliminated despite trying to put off opponents by wearing a red silk boxing gown.

Paramedics were on hand in case of "wrist or shoulder dislocations", while each bout took place under trained referees.

Fouls include the vertical paper throw, known as "the handshake", illegal because it resembles scissors - as well as the horizontal scissors throw, outlawed for the opposite reason.

The game, traditionally a way of settling playground disputes, is on the cusp of recognition as a global sport.

Matti Leshem, the national league's commissioner, has petitioned the International Olympic Committee to make it an event. Now he wants to bring "the greatest competition ever to sweep the USA" to Britain.

"This is a sport that creates harmony," he says. "I want to set up the RPS Foundation to promote this sport as a simple method of conflict resolution."

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_2334455.html

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-16-2007, 03:26 PM
I remember their press kit a few years ago. It was so good, I hung it on my wall.

samikeyp
05-16-2007, 09:04 PM
The finals will be covered on ESPN 8, the Ocho. :)

tw05baller
05-16-2007, 10:47 PM
The finals will be covered on ESPN 8, the Ocho. :)
:lmao

NorCal510
05-16-2007, 10:51 PM
what the fuck is this? gay ass shit. id beat all those motherfuckers at rock paper penis.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-17-2007, 08:09 PM
Those lame ass poker shows on espn say they practice rock paper scissors alot to hone their poker skills...how the fuck does that work

i'm actually pretty bad ass at RPS but the absolute worst Poker player i know at the same time

:pctoss

ShoogarBear
05-17-2007, 10:26 PM
NorCal made me laugh.

monosylab1k
05-17-2007, 11:47 PM
what the fuck is this? gay ass shit. id beat all those motherfuckers at rock paper penis.

yeah but what if the other guy threw penis as well? SWORD FIGHT!