PDA

View Full Version : Horry & Pop Today at Shootaround

CyberBob
05-16-2007, 04:14 PM
We talked to Horry & Pop today. Horry had some pretty interesting things to say. And Pop got yet another stupid question from a certain sports anchor at KENS that will remain nameless. I posted the video on our blog if you're interested... (http://community.woai.com/blogs/point/archive/2007/05/16/1633825.aspx)

Kori Ellis
05-16-2007, 04:15 PM
Thanks for posting this. People have been asking for a Horry interview.

CyberBob
05-16-2007, 04:16 PM
My pleasure! Hooligans tonight? Won't they be closed before the game ends :)

Kori Ellis
05-16-2007, 04:17 PM

:lol

It's very near you. Come if you can.

StrangeCheez
05-16-2007, 04:17 PM
You go to Hooligans too? I go to the one in Live Oak almost every day. I'll be there tonight for the game.

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-16-2007, 04:18 PM
Damn. That might drive Joe to drinking.

Again.

Kori Ellis
05-16-2007, 04:19 PM
You go to Hooligans too? I go to the one in Live Oak almost every day. I'll be there tonight for the game.

We are having the GTG there tonight - look in the thread stuck at the top of the forum.

boutons_
05-16-2007, 04:19 PM
"Dirty Spurs" fans cheering at Hooligans! How appropriate! :lol

CyberBob
05-16-2007, 04:20 PM
Holy Crap! You're right. That's practically in my back yard! I'm coming!

hater
05-16-2007, 04:21 PM
"Dirty Spurs" fans cheering at Hooligans! How appropriate! :lol

mardigan
05-16-2007, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the link
"Oh Im dying" :lol

DudleyDawson
05-16-2007, 04:24 PM
Big Shot has spoken. I loved his impression of Nash.

duncan228
05-16-2007, 04:32 PM
Great interviews. Thanks so much for posting. Hearing from Horry and Pop is reassuring in all this craziness.
It wasn't malicious. They had no control over the outcome or the suspensions.
Horry wants a full strength Suns team.
But:
It is what it is and they will play through it.
It's not over and the Spurs know that.

Budkin
05-16-2007, 04:33 PM
Great interview. Thank you for sharing!

nkdlunch
05-16-2007, 04:35 PM
I wonder why the "media" has not tried to get horry for interviews. I mean, Horry not apologizing, but stating that he did not mean for this shit to get to this point would help his and Spurs rep.

BacktoBasics
05-16-2007, 04:39 PM
who cares about his precieved rep. He doesn't owe anyone an apology. The only people that need to apologize are Amare and Diaw for being idiots and hurting their teams chance for a home victory.

Or better yet Nash should apologize because if he hadn't flung himself over the sideline they wouldn't have got up off the bench like they did. See kids flopping can hurt your team.

duncan228
05-16-2007, 04:40 PM
I wonder why the "media" has not tried to get horry for interviews. I mean, Horry not apologizing, but stating that he did not mean for this shit to get to this point would help his and Spurs rep.

It didn't sound like Horry or Pop cared about reputation. Pop laughed when asked about going from "milk and cookies gang" to "mean". He said "We sure got meaner than heck quick" or something to that effect.

And I think the general media wants the Suns. Why would they want our side? :lol

LilMissSPURfect
05-16-2007, 04:52 PM
NBA protecting their MVP's....

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/6814332_36_2.jpg

blame horry for Nash's horrible acting skills...... :p:

angel_luv
05-16-2007, 04:52 PM
Thanks for posting the interviews!

Lebowski Brickowski
05-16-2007, 04:55 PM
NBA protecting their MVP's....

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/6814332_36_2.jpg

blame horry for Nash's horrible acting skills...... :p:

that's no worse than a hard screen. The whole thing is laughable, man, LAUGHABLE!

Phil Hellmuth
05-16-2007, 05:01 PM
something tells me that amare opening his mouth after game 2 led to their dismal

timvp
05-16-2007, 05:02 PM
Horry is right. The more I look at the clip, the more I realize that was a flop on Nash's part. Horry got him enough to knock him sideways a bit, but not propel him into the scoreboard and lay spread eagle on the court as if he had just broken his neck.

Nash flailed like a b1tch and it cost his team.

Next.

:hat

Obstructed_View
05-16-2007, 05:03 PM
Nobody listens. Hell, most people have proven by their statements that they don't even watch basketball. Considering the huge number of flagrant fouls against the Jazz in the other series, these people are just being ignorant, and it's the most transparent thing in the world. Why would they want to hear Horry explain it when they can vilify him and try to get the NBA to hand the series to the Suns?

VincentG
05-16-2007, 05:06 PM
What Horry did was a cheap shot. It doesn't matter how hard it was. I am not even going to try and defend it. Not to mention that Horry is now trying to shift the blame on Nash?? Get real. Horry lost his cool and took it out on another player. Now he is whining about the NBA protecting Nash. Please. Horry wasn't thinking about his team mates when he took the shot. He wasn't thinking about being their for his team in the playoffs. I alreadly lost some respect for the guy. After the interviews he is giving now he comes off like a whiney liar. He knew what he was doing. He should have taken it like a man.

noles1983
05-16-2007, 05:11 PM
What Horry did was a cheap shot. It doesn't matter how hard it was. I am not even going to try and defend it. Not to mention that Horry is now trying to shift the blame on Nash?? Get real. Horry lost his cool and took it out on another player. Now he is whining about the NBA protecting Nash. Please. Horry wasn't thinking about his team mates when he took the shot. He wasn't thinking about being their for his team in the playoffs. I alreadly lost some respect for the guy. After the interviews he is giving now he comes off like a whiney liar. He knew what he was doing. He should have taken it like a man.

do everyone a favor and fuck off, become a mavs or suns fan and enjoying celebrating runner up trophies

Obstructed_View
05-16-2007, 05:12 PM
Fake Spurs fans abound.

VincentG
05-16-2007, 05:13 PM
do everyone a favor and fuck off, become a mavs or suns fan and enjoying celebrating runner up trophies

Wow. Do you kiss your mama with that mouth? It's my opinion. Horry F-up and should own up to it. His actions hurt this team and we got lucky that Amare and Diaw screwed up to. Sorry the truth hurts you so much.

Obstructed_View
05-16-2007, 05:14 PM
Wow. Do you kiss your mama with that mouth? It's my opinion. Horry F-up and should own up to it. His actions hurt this team and we got lucky that Amare and Diaw screwed up to. Sorry the truth hurts you so much.
Sorry you suck at pretending to be a Spurs fan. Don't worry. Detroit will make sure the Spurs pay for being such a dirty team. :lol

VincentG
05-16-2007, 05:16 PM
Sorry you suck at pretending to be a Spurs fan. Don't worry. Detroit will make sure the Spurs pay for being such a dirty team. :lol

Um..OK. :rolleyes

ChumpDumper
05-16-2007, 05:17 PM
I, for one, welcome our new fake spurfan posters.

noles1983
05-16-2007, 05:17 PM
Um..OK. :rolleyes

21 posts and i bet they are al anti-spurs..hmm coincidence i think not

VincentG
05-16-2007, 05:20 PM
21 posts and i bet they are al anti-spurs..hmm coincidence i think not

Did you read all 21? I think not moron. The only negative thing I have said has been about Horry. Connect.....the....dots.....much...?

ChumpDumper
05-16-2007, 05:22 PM
The only thing you have written about is Horry. There is only one dot.

VincentG
05-16-2007, 05:23 PM
The only thing you have written about is Horry. There is only one dot.

It's been the hot topic last couple days. So what?

ChumpDumper
05-16-2007, 05:23 PM
It's been the hot topic last couple days. So what?So you're a fake and a liar. So what?

LEONARD
05-16-2007, 05:24 PM
LMAO...so now this has morph'd into a total flop on Nash's part?? :lol :lol :lol :lol

F'ing WOW...

VincentG
05-16-2007, 05:24 PM
So you're a fake and a liar. So what?

LMAO. No your describing Horry. :blah

Obstructed_View
05-16-2007, 05:25 PM
Hmm...new Spurs fan, first thing he posts is negative about the Spurs. Oh by the way so is everything else he posts.

What an idea. That's the first time anyone has done that this postseason.

noles1983
05-16-2007, 05:26 PM
Did you read all 21? I think not moron. The only negative thing I have said has been about Horry. Connect.....the....dots.....much...?

Just because I think Horry is an idiot? No thanks. I will stay and choose not to be a blind homer. Thanks for the conern.

You mean unlike Horry fessing up to his cheapshot versus coming off like a whiney liar and trying to shift blame from himself? Freaking idiot hurt his team and wants to blame someone else. Nice.

go away :troll :troll :troll

VincentG
05-16-2007, 05:27 PM
Hmm...new Spurs fan, first thing he posts is negative about the Spurs. Oh by the way so is everything else he posts.

What an idea. That's the first time anyone has done that this postseason.

OK so I was suppose to say:

Wow Robert that was a great move. Your so smart. You really did a great thing. It's great you won't be around for 2 games in this series. :rolleyes

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-16-2007, 05:29 PM
Big Shot has spoken. I loved his impression of Nash.
:lol "Oh I'm dying out here."

yeah that was great.

Horry really has a better grasp and perspective on the game for what it is. Never taking it overly-serious, like some of the fans :lol.

Spurs Brazil
05-16-2007, 05:30 PM
Meanwhile, Horry said he was "an old school guy" and that in his early years, his foul would have been no big deal. He said he bumped Nash when he realized he wouldn't be able to get in front of him to draw an offensive foul.

"If it would have been anybody but Steve Nash, it probably wouldn't have been two games," he said after the Spurs shootaround. "But you know Steve is a great player, MVP. He's a focal point of the NBA now and they just have to protect their players."

Horry said Nash over-dramatized the bump when he went flying into the scorer's table.

"I thought I'd just bump him a little bit," Horry said. "As you know, the great acting skills Steve has, when he hit the floor, then flopped and did 'Oh, I'm dying here' - it happens. I really wasn't trying to hurt him. I had no malicious intent to hurt Steve. I like Steve. He's a good person."

Horry already was a target for Phoenix fans. When he was with the Suns in 1997, he tossed a towel in the face of then-coach Danny Ainge. Now Phoenix fans have changed Horry's nickname from "Big Shot Rob" to "Cheap Shot Rob."

"It doesn't bother me," he said. "I was already hated here in Phoenix anyway, but the messed up thing is the boos were kind of disappearing. Damn, now I've got to start all over."

Popovich repeated his belief that Horry's foul was not that serious.

"It was a hard foul, it was a playoff foul," he said. "I've watched a lot of playoff games and seen harder fouls, so I didn't think that that was excessive. But on the film, he did what he did. He had his forearm up and it moved forward and he got suspended. I think one game would have probably been good enough. I think that two is a bit excessive."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/B/BKN_SPURS_SUNS_SUNSPENSIONS?SITE=TXSAE&SECTION=SPORTS&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

LEONARD
05-16-2007, 05:32 PM
Horry is right. The more I look at the clip, the more I realize that was a flop on Nash's part. Horry got him enough to knock him sideways a bit, but not propel him into the scoreboard and lay spread eagle on the court as if he had just broken his neck.

Nash flailed like a b1tch and it cost his team.

Next.

:hat

The ONLY "flop" on Nash's part was laying back and putting his arms above his head. Him flying into the table was no flop...

all you have to watch is the first 4 seconds...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KTMa0vMcGP4

and him putting his arms above his head and laying down wasn't what drew Diaw and AS off the bench....

You're smarter than that, timvp...

DarrinS
05-16-2007, 05:33 PM
LMAO...so now this has morph'd into a total flop on Nash's part?? :lol :lol :lol :lol

F'ing WOW...

Not a total flop. He had about 50% floppage on that one. He was already on his ass, so he didn't have to flop that far.

mardigan
05-16-2007, 05:33 PM
The ONLY "flop" on Nash's part was laying back and putting his arms above his head. Him flying into the table was no flop...

and him putting his arms above his head and laying down wasn't what drew Diaw and AS off the bench....

Sorry man, I see it the same way, he flopped.

LEONARD
05-16-2007, 05:34 PM
Sorry man, I see it the same way, he flopped.

*sigh*

Wow...

Nashfan
05-16-2007, 05:34 PM
:clap

DarrinS
05-16-2007, 05:35 PM

Damn, Leonard. Did you really have to pick THAT version of the video. That is the gayest background music that I've ever heard.

GrandeDavid
05-16-2007, 05:35 PM

F'ing WOW...

I thought it was a big time exaggeration after I saw the second replay on game night.

GrandeDavid
05-16-2007, 05:36 PM
In other words, Nash flopped and charma is biting his team in the a$$.

mardigan
05-16-2007, 05:36 PM
*sigh*

Wow...
I mean, yea, not a total flop, but he did exagerate the play, and he did his part, game was over after that call. like I have said, Sasha Pavlovic got hit way harder than that the other night, but popped right back up

LEONARD
05-16-2007, 05:37 PM
Damn, Leonard. Did you really have to pick THAT version of the video. That is the gayest background music that I've ever heard.

I didn't post it for the music...didn't even have sound on...

I thought it was a big time exaggeration after I saw the second replay on game night.

Oh, well in that case...I guess I'm wrong...

In other words, Nash flopped and charma is biting his team in the a$$.

So you're saying that him laying down and putting his arms up is what drew them off the bench??

Or are you saying that he wouldn't have even gone to the ground without a flop??? :dizzy

mardigan
Hahahahahah, what the fuck was that?

Obstructed_View
*sigh*

Wow...
He flopped. Horry got a huge punishment for it. Mission accomplished. What's the problem? Why is it so hard for anyone to accept?

Obstructed_View
05-16-2007, 05:38 PM
Jerry Stackhouse hit Shaq harder than that.

LEONARD
05-16-2007, 05:39 PM
I mean, yea, not a total flop, but he did exagerate the play, and he did his part, game was over after that call. like I have said, Sasha Pavlovic got hit way harder than that the other night, but popped right back up

So are you saying that him going down was a flop or not??

There are 2 events...

1. Him going down and hitting the table - NOT a flop IMO
2. Him laying down and putting his arms up - "Flop" or "sell" on his part IMO

#2 didn't have shit to do with the guys coming off the bench, so if you agree that #1 was not a flop, then I don't understand why people are saying that Nash's flop cost his team??? :dizzy

boutons_
05-16-2007, 05:39 PM
When supine, throwing his arms back over his head and holding them there was pure melo-drama.

He bounced off Robert's hip. Robert really wasn't throwing his hip forcefully. As Robert said, he has a lot more bulk than Steve, so Steve bounced off Robert.

LEONARD
05-16-2007, 05:40 PM
When supine, throwing his arms back over his head and holding them there was pure melo-drama.

He bounced off Robert's hip. Robert really wasn't throwing his hip forcefully. As Robert said, he has a lot more bulk than Steve, so Steve bounced off Robert.

Ok, so you agree with me...

Horry put an elbow to the shoulder also as part of his "check"...

noles1983
05-16-2007, 05:41 PM
i love references to that of being a football hit... :lol a hit like that my old football coach would have said " you two look like 2 marshmallows trying to have sex!!"

DarrinS
Hahahahahah, what the fuck was that?

Was that "Color Me Bad" or some crap?

Whatever it was -- it sucked.

mardigan
So are you saying that him going down was a flop or not??

There are 2 events...

1. Him going down and hitting the table - NOT a flop IMO
2. Him laying down and putting his arms up - "Flop" or "sell" on his part IMO

#2 didn't have shit to do with the guys coming off the bench, so if you agree that #1 was not a flop, then I don't understand why people are saying that Nash's flop cost his team??? :dizzy
I think that Horry hit him a little to hard, he realized it, gave himself a little extra air, and then laid on the ground like he had just been hit by a sniper. That combined with D'Antonis reaction caused the players to come off the bench

infinite styles
Thats why I love the Spurs, they don't overreact to shit like this. While the world is in a damn frenzy and trying to add their spin on it, the Spurs keep a focus on the task at hand.

LEONARD
05-16-2007, 05:43 PM
I think that Horry hit him a little to hard, he realized it, gave himself a little extra air, and then laid on the ground like he had just been hit by a sniper. That combined with D'Antonis reaction caused the players to come off the bench

Gotcha...so Nash "gave himself air"... :dizzy :hat :drunk

I'm out...GO SUNS GO :fro :toast

mardigan
05-16-2007, 05:43 PM

Yea, you should no all about that watching Devan harris play regularly

smeagol
05-16-2007, 05:44 PM

Please . . .

ploto
05-16-2007, 05:50 PM
I lost what little respect I had left for Horry. Everyone knows that you don't have to body check a guy to get a foul call at the end of a game like that. All you have to do is grab him and no one gets hurt. I also hate to tell him but he got 2 games because of what he also did to Bell. The 2 game suspension was not merely for the foul on Nash. To make it worse, Rob never went over to Nash to even see if he OK or apoliogize or anything. Even Bruce told Steve he was sorry he got him in the crotch. Horry's attitude at the time gives away his intent much more than his story a day and a half later.

He should be a man and admit HIS mistake, but the Spurs HAD to trot him out to give some justifcation that fans will buy and attempt to protect the Spurs reputation. And based upon this thread it works every time.

GrandeDavid
05-16-2007, 05:50 PM
I tend to agree with Horry in that had it been any other player, he wouldn't have gotten two games. Nash got fouled hard and then proceeded to exaggerate the fall and landing, and D'Antoni, overly charged, emotional freak that he is came flying over.

The Suns suck, basically. I can't wait for them to get eliminated. I cannot stand the Spurs playing these chicks.

mardigan
05-16-2007, 05:51 PM
I lost what little respect I had left for Horry. Everyone knows that you don't have to body check a guy to get a foul call at the end of a game like that. All you have to do is grab him and no one gets hurt. I also hate to tell him but he got 2 games because of what he also did to Bell. The 2 game suspension was not merely for the foul on Nash.

He should be a man and admit HIS mistake, but the Spurs HAD to trot him out to give some justifcation that fans will buy and attempt to protect the Spurs reputation. And based upon this thread it works every time.
Or maybe we have eyes, and thought from the moment we saw it that Nash was over reacting.
Oh, and what exactly was Horry supposed to do when he was rushed by Bell?

DarrinS
05-16-2007, 05:51 PM
I tend to agree with Horry in that had it been any other player, he wouldn't have gotten two games. Nash got fouled hard and then proceeded to exaggerate the fall and landing, and D'Antoni, overly charged, emotional freak that he is came flying over.

The Suns suck, basically. I can't wait for them to get eliminated. I cannot stand the Spurs playing these chicks.

I was under the impression that one game was for the foul on Nash, the other game was for the elbow to Raja. Is that not correct?

ploto
05-16-2007, 05:53 PM
Or maybe we have eyes, and thought from the moment we saw it that Nash was over reacting.
Oh, and what exactly was Horry supposed to do when he was rushed by Bell?
So Horry's reaction to Bell was fine but Diaw's reaction to Nash getting body checked was not. Double standard.

mardigan
05-16-2007, 05:55 PM
So Horry's reaction to Bell was fine but Diaw's reaction to Nash getting body checked was not. Double standard.
:rolleyes I thought you already established that his reaction was not fine because that is why he got suspended 2 games. Bell was already on the court. Diaw ran on it, and as covered many, many times, that is against the rules.

Obstructed_View
05-16-2007, 05:57 PM
I was under the impression that one game was for the foul on Nash, the other game was for the elbow to Raja. Is that not correct?
That's the way I understand it, too.

Obstructed_View
05-16-2007, 05:58 PM
Bell's reaction to Horry was punished by a technical foul. Horry's reaction to bell was punished by a suspension. Diaw's reaction to Horry was getting suspended for a game.

Them's the rules. What part don't you understand?

T Park
05-16-2007, 06:00 PM
I lost what little respect I had left for Horry. Everyone knows that you don't have to body check a guy to get a foul call at the end of a game like that. All you have to do is grab him and no one gets hurt. I also hate to tell him but he got 2 games because of what he also did to Bell. The 2 game suspension was not merely for the foul on Nash. To make it worse, Rob never went over to Nash to even see if he OK or apoliogize or anything. Even Bruce told Steve he was sorry he got him in the crotch. Horry's attitude at the time gives away his intent much more than his story a day and a half later.

I can't wait till the day your tossed from here.

miss paxton

Why is it a double standard? Bell was rushing at Horry, so Horry reacted--that was between the two of them. Diaw was reacting to something between two other people that didn't involve him.

SpursWoman
He flopped. Horry got a huge punishment for it. Mission accomplished. What's the problem? Why is it so hard for anyone to accept?

Because only Spurs players flop. The Great MVP would never resort to such a thing. :spin

picnroll
05-16-2007, 06:07 PM
Watching that play for the first time in detail, Nash definitely hammed it up some.

Parker's gotten knocked to the ground under the basket harder than that about 20 times so far in the playoffs. Most of them without a call.

timvp
05-16-2007, 06:10 PM

You've always hated Horry. Don't front.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-16-2007, 06:11 PM

Shut up you fucking idiot. Too much listening to the whinny bitches.

violentkitten
05-16-2007, 06:11 PM
Watching that play for the first time in detail, Nash definitely hammed it up some.

Parker's gotten knocked to the ground under the basket harder than that about 20 times so far in the playoffs. Most of them without a call.

nash played dead until he saw that bell went at horry and all of sudden he was on his feet and running to the bench.

picnroll
05-16-2007, 06:12 PM
Is there any Spur ploto likes since they dumped her love interest?

timvp
05-16-2007, 06:14 PM

Yep. If you look at it frame by frame, you can see where his acting came into play. And honestly, if Manu got checked like that, he'd be skillful enough to flip over the scorer's table and get the guy a 5+ game suspension ... so it wasn't even that good of acting.

:smokin

But really, Nash gets hit. Then he's able to still land balanced on one leg. Then he looks to where he's going to land. Then his knee bends. Then he flies in the air to the scorer's table. Then he's able to break his fall easily. Then he lays on the ground. Then he acts like he's murdered. Then he continues to play dead for a couple seconds. Then he magically pops up 100% healed and ready to fight.

:jack

It was a decent attempt at a flop but not the best flop I've seen. Devin Harris or Manu Ginobili would have gotten Horry in much bigger trouble. Nash got some lame points for the acting dead part.

picnroll
05-16-2007, 06:16 PM
nash played dead until he saw that bell went at horry and all of sudden he was on his feet and running to the bench.
Yeah, Nash blew it. It would have work if he was on the Spurs who are smart enough to play along (see restraint of Finley with Terry's nut punch or Bowen not going after Finley to both get tossed). Unfortunately Nash's acting job that would have gotten Horry suspended his dumb fuck teammates bit into too and got themselves put on the shelf.

Obstructed_View
05-16-2007, 06:17 PM
There's a picture someone posted of Nash looking toward the table for a soft place to bounce. At least Baron Davis would have stayed down for a while.

timvp
05-16-2007, 06:23 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-0qe7PGCQvI

The more you look at it, the more you can see the acting.

At the :43 mark, you can see Horry hits Nash when Nash's left foot is planted. But instead of flying right into the scorer's table, he's able to land on his right foot, look at the scorer's table and then change his trajectory so that he lands safely.

Horry got him pretty good but not nearly as viscous as Nash played it up to be.

T Park
05-16-2007, 06:25 PM
Just saw Horry's interview on tv.

"oh im dying"

:lmao

violentkitten
05-16-2007, 06:26 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=fjv32mljTjM&watch_response

the alternative lifestyle take on the foul

picnroll
05-16-2007, 06:28 PM
Damn, Nash's flop just neutralized a whole year worth of Raja's flops.

duncan228
05-16-2007, 06:32 PM
Damn, Nash's flop just neutralized a whole year worth of Raja's flops.

That's an MVP for ya! Better than the rest!

timvp
05-16-2007, 06:33 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=fjv32mljTjM&watch_response

the alternative lifestyle take on the foul

Props to Sun Fan for having his computer next to his mom's microwave.

nkdlunch
05-16-2007, 06:33 PM
"the great acting skill steve has, when he hit the floor, then flop "oh I'm dying over here""

:lmao :lmao

exstatic
05-16-2007, 06:39 PM
Bell's reaction to Horry was punished by a technical foul. Horry's reaction to bell was punished by a suspension. Diaw's reaction to Horry was getting suspended for a game.

Them's the rules. What part don't you understand?
ploto's a dumb bitch. Stop trying to explain things to her. She thinks if it ain't Rasho, it ain't shit. Hell, if Rasho had been in that game, he'd still be at half court, and Nash would have a layup.

diego
05-16-2007, 06:39 PM
I dont buy horry's I was looking for a charge bit, I think he meant to make it hard (due to all the non-called contact he revcieved priorly) but ...

nash sold it. i think if he wanted to he could have kept going even (his handle and balance are that good- but he would have had to duck and risk a headshot as he crossed over though).

he even did the same thing on the bowen clear out, jumping back 7 feet. if bowen had got his nuts i think he would have dropped right there, but bowen got him just above the knee and nash pushed off both feet backwards. but he'd be a fool not to use his mvp status for calls!

i have nothing but respect for him, he is a true competitor and skilled with both hands in a way most can only dream of. but this clearly backfired on him.

and for those who ask "if it happened to you?"
it has. to manu, to tim, to parker. and we let the refs settle it, shoot our freethrows, and move on. no suspensions. no crying to the press.

Tigole Bitties
05-16-2007, 06:40 PM
On the list of WOAI videos, there's a clip titled "17-Year-Old Dad Admits to Biting Infant Repeatedly" ...

WTF?!?!

SpursWoman
05-16-2007, 06:41 PM
Yep. If you look at it frame by frame, you can see where his acting came into play. And honestly, if Manu got checked like that, he'd be skillful enough to flip over the scorer's table and get the guy a 5+ game suspension ... so it wasn't even that good of acting.

:smokin

:tu :lol

exstatic
05-16-2007, 06:42 PM
Is there any Spur ploto likes since they dumped her love interest?
That's unrequited love interest to you.

T Park
05-16-2007, 06:43 PM
Well to that guy's defense, the baby miraged into an oreo.

Tigole Bitties
05-16-2007, 06:45 PM
Well to that guy's defense, the baby miraged into an oreo.

The jackass is wearing a TD21 tshirt. Looks kind of like Matt Barnes

T Park
05-16-2007, 06:46 PM
Matt barnes ina spurs shirt!!?!?

YAY!!

SpursWoman
05-16-2007, 07:22 PM

Props to Sun Fan for having his computer next to his mom's microwave.

I was digging the wallpaper myself. :cooldevil

Despot
05-16-2007, 07:23 PM
Meanwhile, Horry said he was "an old school guy" and that in his early years, his foul would have been no big deal. He said he bumped Nash when he realized he wouldn't be able to get in front of him to draw an offensive foul.

"If it would have been anybody but Steve Nash, it probably wouldn't have been two games," he said after the Spurs shootaround. "But you know Steve is a great player, MVP. He's a focal point of the NBA now and they just have to protect their players."

Horry said Nash over-dramatized the bump when he went flying into the scorer's table.

"I thought I'd just bump him a little bit," Horry said. "As you know, the great acting skills Steve has, when he hit the floor, then flopped and did 'Oh, I'm dying here' - it happens. I really wasn't trying to hurt him. I had no malicious intent to hurt Steve. I like Steve. He's a good person."

Horry already was a target for Phoenix fans. When he was with the Suns in 1997, he tossed a towel in the face of then-coach Danny Ainge. Now Phoenix fans have changed Horry's nickname from "Big Shot Rob" to "Cheap Shot Rob."

"It doesn't bother me," he said. "I was already hated here in Phoenix anyway, but the messed up thing is the boos were kind of disappearing. Damn, now I've got to start all over."

Popovich repeated his belief that Horry's foul was not that serious.

"It was a hard foul, it was a playoff foul," he said. "I've watched a lot of playoff games and seen harder fouls, so I didn't think that that was excessive. But on the film, he did what he did. He had his forearm up and it moved forward and he got suspended. I think one game would have probably been good enough. I think that two is a bit excessive."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/B/BKN_SPURS_SUNS_SUNSPENSIONS?SITE=TXSAE&SECTION=SPORTS&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

You know why I think this is important? I think it gives us insight into the teams mentality. They are not giving into the public outcry, they are defiant. While saying stuff like this and calling out other players is not the norm (I figured Pop would have put a gag order on Horry), they are still focused.
The last thing the Spurs needed was to come into tonights game trying to prove to the world that they are not the bad guys. I'm pretty sure they are more than aware that they are headed into ground zero tonight.

I can't help this feeling that things are going to get out of control tonight, and will exceed anyone's expectations, The fans in Phoenix seems to be deeply traumitized by this.

violentkitten
05-16-2007, 07:29 PM
yeah, fuck em all.

TLWisfoine
05-16-2007, 07:55 PM
Baron Davis's foul on Derek Fisher was harder.

tlongII
05-16-2007, 08:00 PM
I advise all of you HOMER Spurs fans to read this article by Bill Simmons...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/070516&sportCat=nba

TLWisfoine
05-16-2007, 08:02 PM
Bill Simmons is a hack, although an entertaining one.

violentkitten
05-16-2007, 08:03 PM
I advise all of you HOMER Spurs fans to read this article by Bill Simmons...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/070516&sportCat=nba

i advise you to suck a dick douche. jim only pretends to like you because you give good head.

shelshor
05-16-2007, 08:05 PM

Nash lying down and putting his arms above his head bought him some time so there would be someone between him and Horry, before he hopped up and tried to go after Horry

tlongII
05-16-2007, 08:06 PM
i advise you to suck a dick douche. jim only pretends to like you because you give good head.

Blow me Matthew! Jim likes me becaue I let him beat me in golf.

Supergirl
05-16-2007, 09:39 PM
Very cool videos. I loved Horry's take: "It was a hard foul...I've seen harder."

Also, he made a good point, which he said twice, about the NBA and media responding the way they did particularly because of WHO he fouled (Nash, the darling boy, the MVP of the last two years, Mr. "It's not easy always taking the high road"). This is very true.

And, he called Nash out on his acting skills, without disrespecting him. He really is a class act, even when he's being vilified.