PDA

View Full Version : Two things I'm sick of

GSH
05-16-2007, 09:10 PM
I'm sick of the interviews with Steve Kerr about the Spurs/Suns series. He has an ownership interest in the Suns franchise for Chrissakes. And there have been persistent rumors that he will take over as GM of the Suns organization. (Even though Kerr insists that he is "only" and investor and and advisor on player personnel matters.) His objectivity went to shit a long time ago, and it's ridiculous to have him as a commentator on TNT because of it. I sure as hell don't need his opinions about Bruce Bowen, Robert Horry, or the suspensions.

I'm even more sick of hearing supposed Spurs fans talk about Horry's "cheap shot" on Steve Nash. Horry is, and always has been, one of the smartest (craftiest) players in the league. How many times over the years have you seen him make the perfect play at the perfect time? Like the steal of the in-bounds pass in the Denver series, just days ago? Or sucking out a stupid foul on Amare Stoudamire, even fewer days ago? It's a lot more than Horry's "big shots" that have been winning games for the last 15 or so years.

So how can any of you idiots really believe that in a 3-point ballgame, Robert Horry ran to the sideline with the intention of putting a flagrant foul on Nash out of frustration? What has he EVER done...in his entire career...that would allow you to believe that he would intentionally give up 2 free throws, plus possession, to the Suns when the Spurs were only down by 3, and there was plenty of time left on the clock? Don't bother answering. Nothing about Horry's carreer would allow you to believe that bullshit.

He deserves better...hell, he's earned better...especially from the home town crowd. He came over to try and suck out a charge on Nash, and he got there a split-second too late. End of story. If he had managed to completely cut off the side-line, so that Nash could not pretend like he was trying to cut through a 6-inch gap, you would all be crowing about the charge he drew on Nash, and how "Robert Horry has done it again".

All of you who have been "admitting" that Horry did put a flagrant foul on Nash, consider this before embarassing yourselves any further. Picture Nash heading into the paint for a layup, and Horry sliding over to try and draw a charge. (Just for laughs, make it the second quarter.) Horry doesn't quite get there and, rather than give Nash a free two points, he gives him a little hip-check...and nash runs into the padded stanchion under the goal. The setup and the contact would look exactly like what happened on the sideline at the end of the last game. And there is no chance in hell that they would call it a flagrant foul. That same play happens all the time in the paint. And with no arm-swing, it NEVER gets called a flagrant.

Don't kid yourselves. All the bullshit talk about the Spurs being dirty added to it. Nash flying into the pads, then laying down like he was dying added to it. Raja Bell diving in to start a fight added to it. D'Antoni running down the sideline to rescue his dying player added to it. All together, the league probably had to call it a flagrant. But don't kid yourselves. The bump that Horry put on Nash doesn't get called a flagrant any other time. If you want to see flagrant fouls, have a look at the Warriors-Jazz game from last night. Don't even think about putting Robert Horry into that category.

And if you do, don't call yourselves Spurs fans.

dallaskd
05-16-2007, 09:10 PM
damn you have alot of opinions

SequSpur
05-16-2007, 09:11 PM
You should write children's books.

smeagol
05-16-2007, 09:11 PM
And long ones too

smeagol
05-16-2007, 09:12 PM
Sequ is in a good mood :spin

violentkitten
05-16-2007, 09:12 PM
eh, i'm sick of having to wait for the cavs and nets to finish.

duncan228
05-16-2007, 09:13 PM

You and me both!

GSH
05-16-2007, 09:17 PM

And you should probably be reading childrens books.

Dickhead.

Obstructed_View
05-16-2007, 09:18 PM
I agree with those points. Fuck you guys who just turned on Horry. Fuck Steve Kerr. Fuck David Stern for bending to the pressure from the whiners and suspending Horry two games longer than he deserved, and fuck the Suns and their pussy gangsta fans.

word
05-16-2007, 09:19 PM

Yeah, but they're pretty good opinions. In my opinion, of course.

smeagol
05-16-2007, 09:19 PM

Dickhead.

Psssst!

He does not know how to read . . .

SpursWoman
05-16-2007, 09:22 PM

:tu

GSH
05-16-2007, 09:30 PM

Dickhead.

Here. This is for Sequ.

I do not like that flagrant call.
That is not playoff basketball.

Would they call it on the Shaq?
It was just a routine hack.
Would they call it on R. Bell?
No they wouldn't, go to hell.
Would they call it on Steve Nash
For tripping Bowen on his ass?
Should they T-up Mike D'Antoni
Just for being such a phony?

Not on the Shaq
Not on R. Bell
It's just a hack
You go to hell.
Not on Steve Nash
Or Mike D'Antoni
Even some Spurs fans
Can be phony.

I do not like that flagrant call

Hope that helps, Sequ. Something a little more in line with your reading skills.

smeagol
05-16-2007, 09:37 PM
Here. This is for Sequ.

Not on the Shaq
Not on R. Bell
It's just a hack
You go to hell.
Not on Steve Nash
Or Mike D'Antoni
Even some Spurs fans
Can be phony.

Hope that helps, Sequ. Something a little more in line with your reading skills.

100 posts and Sequ is already in your head :lol

RonMexico
05-16-2007, 09:38 PM
Maybe you should also look at how many times Steve has picked the Spurs to dominate the Suns, continually respects TD, and also tends to weight them very highly in his power rankings.

SequSpur
05-16-2007, 09:42 PM
Here. This is for Sequ.

Not on the Shaq
Not on R. Bell
It's just a hack
You go to hell.
Not on Steve Nash
Or Mike D'Antoni
Even some Spurs fans
Can be phony.

:lmao

Awesome!

smeagol
05-16-2007, 09:43 PM
Maybe you should also look at how many times Steve has picked the Spurs to dominate the Suns, continually respects TD, and also tends to weight them very highly in his power rankings.
I tend to agree with you. Hating on Kerr is pretty dumb.

dallaskd
05-16-2007, 09:44 PM
its sad you have to read to sequ like hes retarted or something...

GSH
05-16-2007, 09:54 PM
I tend to agree with you. Hating on Kerr is pretty dumb.

I didn't say I hate Kerr...did I? I said that it is ridiculous to ask a guy with a vested financial interest for that kind of analysis. It's like asking Bill Gates to give his analysis of Microsoft stock performance. You would be shocked if he wasn't biased.

timmydidit
05-16-2007, 11:00 PM
too much to read but um i got the gist of what your sayin and if horry is so crafy he shoulda known his foul woulda put this game to shits

davidbowie
05-16-2007, 11:02 PM
da drought 3 baby!!