PDA

View Full Version : Call the number of TNT show promotions during the game

Doug Collins
05-16-2007, 09:29 PM
Time to call your shot on how many "The Closer" promotions we'll be subjected to during the game.

Im going with 43 promos during the game and just for the hell of it...

Heartland: 32 promos
House of Payne: 37 promos
Saving Grace: 12 promos

*Promo denotes any kind of advertising during the game, including the little on screen ads that appear during timeouts or dead balls.

RonMexico
05-16-2007, 09:36 PM
I agree that Saving Grace will probably come up last. As an addition to the Heartland 32 promos, can we also have a follow up count that covers the "number of Treat Williams fake emotional scenes" we see?

Additionally, try to find how many times they talk about "knowing drama." I already counted 1 with Ernie Johnson saying how the Suns-Spurs Game 5 displays drama, but should it be weighted higher because it was a TNT Sports studio guy making the forced comment?

On top of that, should we place more weight on other forced promos like Dick Stockton and Marv Albert having to mention things like "The Closer" during the middle of the game? Should there be a higher weighting for the number of times the promo gets in the way of game action?

I'm still not sure which I despise more: constant promos or ABC's terrible usage of the wire cam at the worst possible times.

Doug Collins
05-16-2007, 09:39 PM
If the announcers have a visual aid to go along with the spoken show promo it'll count.

How exactly do you come to "know drama" anyways?

Dingle Barry
05-16-2007, 09:40 PM
Oh shit son.

"They Killed My Son!!!" - 28 Promos
Heartland: 31 promos
Saving Grace: 4 promos

This brings us to a very drama-packed question...

Why is Saving Grace suddenly viewed as Ted Turner's bastard child as evidenced through the de-emphasis of its promo pumping? I thought it looked adequately dramatic.

Doug Collins
05-16-2007, 09:41 PM
Oh shit son.

"They Killed My Son!!!" - 28 Promos
Heartland: 31 promos
Saving Grace: 4 promos

This brings us to a very drama-packed question...

Why is Saving Grace suddenly viewed as Ted Turner's bastard child as evidenced through the de-emphasis of its promo pumping? I thought it looked adequately dramatic.

I like that the promo consists of a brief 5 second scene of two people going at it. Why cant that be repeated 50 times...

Dingle Barry
05-16-2007, 09:41 PM
How did I forget House of Payne??? Answer: 50 promos

Dingle Barry
05-16-2007, 09:43 PM
Whoever directed and named "Saving Grace" - hopefully the same person - has not one fucking ounce of originality or subtlety.

G-Nob
05-16-2007, 10:59 PM
remember if you're watching the HD signal, they show more promos than regular tv

Tigole Bitties
05-16-2007, 11:00 PM
Care to guess the number of Hyundai commercials over the course of the game?

01Snake
05-16-2007, 11:02 PM
Get your pimp walk on!!!